Endo levels in video game

Everything about Endosomatophilia! For more information, inquires within (or check the wiki)

Endo levels in video game

Postby ben999999 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:53 am

Hello,

After many searches, I've decided to open a thread about listing games featuring at least entire levels (or sections of the level) within a giant body (preferably a giant beast's one).

Beware: I'm not talking about just cinematic, or some vorish animations in fights or whatever. I'm talking about entire part where you find yourself trapped inside a realistic fleshy environment, and have to find a way out. You are free to move wherever you want inside the place, so it implies obviously body exploration (although it is often linear).
Also, I don't count games treating the innards like some habitable house, or those where the walls look rocky, turning the level into a more basic underground place (case of most of the older games). I'm not either counting the FantasticVoyage games (eg "Inside Me") where you navigate the body in a micro ship, so it looks more like a space alien environment.

Til so far, I have listed hereunder a few games like that among my favorites:
- Trine 2 ("Belly of the beast", the level inside the sand worm). Five stars for such a beautiful level.
- Gears of war 2 ("Intestinal fortitude", when you have to kill the giant worm by cutting his arteries from the inside) a bit gore but greatly designed IMO
- Borderlands 2 (toward the end of the DLC "Captain Scarlet", with the short section happening inside the leviathan) Not extraordinary, but fine.
- Devil may cry 3 ("Devil's Teeter-totter", happening inside the leviathan). A good one but did not age well.
Of course, there is the famous Zelda Ocarina of Time that everybody knows, but Jabbu Jabbu's body turns into such maze that I don't find it looks like a plausible anatomy. Same for the entire game "Into the belly of the beast". But they still qualify I suppose.

Then, I'm not going to decide what is endo or not endo (it's the community to decide), but to be clear, I'm talking about entire explorable levels here, not some gameplay minor elements.

Thanks in advance for your help!!

Ben 999999
ben999999
New to the forum

Re: Endo levels in video game

Postby Emi » Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:20 pm

"Lollipop Chainsaw", the last level was inside the monster Killabilly. Cute.
ImageImage
Emi
???

Postby SarahTheCuteVixen » Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:22 pm

I think Ice Age 2's game had a level in the dino fish thing with Scrat as the playable character, Okami had a level in a dragon,
SarahTheCuteVixen
Been posting for a bit

Postby Daea » Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:59 pm

Radical Rex for the SNES / Genesis / Sega CD had a few instances where your character gets swallowed by a brontosaurus, and the following level is inside them. Does pretty well with the interior details for an older game, the floors are bouncy due to their fleshy nature, and there's large pools of acid that dissolve the t-rex protagonist instantly. I'm sure you could find a Youtube video of some gameplay easily enough, if you don't want to bother tracking down a ROM to play it yourself.
Daea
Somewhat familiar

Postby ProfessorMystery » Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:18 pm

In Epic Mickey, the final level is going inside The Blot, a giant ink-like monster. I played that game before, so I should know.
Mystery is my allure.
ProfessorMystery
Participator

Postby Nomboy » Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:36 pm

South Park Stick of Truth has a level inside Mr. Man's ass
Nomboy
Been posting for a bit

Postby SarahTheCuteVixen » Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:13 pm

Nomboy wrote:South Park Stick of Truth has a level inside Mr. Man's ass

I thought his name was Mr. Slave
SarahTheCuteVixen
Been posting for a bit

Postby polyedit2000 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:36 pm

Joe and Mac (SNES): Final level is inside a dinosaur.

Mario and Luigi: Partners in Time: One part of the level takes places inside a Shroob Yoshi, though it's more of an egg factory. You exit naturally.

Mario and Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story: Half of the game is inside Bowser, either to recover his abilities or to help him fight whatever he eats.

Kingdom Hearts: At least 3 of the games take place in Monstro, a giant whale.

Ren and Stimpy: One of the levels takes place in Stimpy's mouth. I remember that being late or stepping of nerves would be game over.

Bayonetta 2: At one point, you're eaten by a former giant boss, I think. I remember mainly because you fight another boss in there.

Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time: One of the dungeons is a giant fish.

Little Big Planet: Not counting user-created levels, you fight a virus inside a guy's body in number 2. In 3, this is the final level as you escape rising stomach acids.

Rayman Origins: One of the bosses and its related levels is inside a fire-breathing lizard.

Tales of Grace: A very big bonus boss serves as a mandatory dungeon in the desert.

World of Warcraft: In Vash'jir or whatever that underwater zone is called, some quests take place inside giant shells. One questline indicates that the shell is asking for your help.

Super Bonk (SNES): Some enemies will send you into its guts. Part of the second level takes place in a very big gut.

Super Mario Land 2: Other than Mario Zone, the level where you find and fight the Octopus takes place in a giant whale.

Final Fantasy 6: If you're hunting for Gogo the Mimic, it requires you to be eaten by a giant worm and escaping its body.

Ni No Kuni: To rescue the baby fairies, you have to enter the mommy's stomach. Granted it looks more like a daycare center than a stomach...

Saga Frontier: One of the Rune magic quest can only happen by having a dimensional beast swallow you. In at least one hero's story, this is mandatory and you got a slightly different route.

Wonderful 101: One of the levels involves helping your newest ally by shrinking yourselves and entering his body.
polyedit2000
Participator

Postby Kitsouille » Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:17 pm

In the first God of War after killing the hydra you have to enter its mouth and take the key from someone inside its throat. It is not very deep for endo but you still have to get a good 10-20 meters inside its throat. Not sure if it's enough to count though.
Kitsouille
???

Postby firefly » Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:09 am

A game for Commodore 64 named "GUTZ".
You were swallowed by a giant... monster... or whatever... and have to find (and shoot) your way out.
firefly
Been posting for a bit

Postby Bloomkoto » Fri Feb 02, 2018 6:50 am

One of the God Of War games involves you fighting and killing a titan from the inside out. >.> watched a play through of it
Bloomkoto
Participator

Postby Kitsouille » Fri Feb 02, 2018 6:25 pm

Bloomkoto wrote:One of the God Of War games involves you fighting and killing a titan from the inside out. >.> watched a play through of it

I think it might be Kronos from God of War but I could be wrong. I feel like I saw this while on Tv tropes.

Oh, btw: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/WombLevel
Not all of these are endo levels though, some are just very fleshy like some sections of the first Dead Space game.
Kitsouille
???

Postby Voreforever » Fri Feb 02, 2018 6:57 pm

Spongebob: Creature from the Krusty Krab has a whole level inside an Alaskan Bull Worm
Voreforever
Participator

Postby Silent_E » Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:09 pm

Breath of Fire 2 has you shrunken down to microscopic levels to fight monsters in a fat princess. Apparently they're part of a curse to make the princess gain weight until she dies... or something. Capcom writing at it's finest.
Silent_E
Somewhat familiar

Postby Seproth » Sat Feb 03, 2018 1:54 am

Silent_E wrote:Breath of Fire 2 has you shrunken down to microscopic levels to fight monsters in a fat princess. Apparently they're part of a curse to make the princess gain weight until she dies... or something. Capcom writing at it's finest.

In that game you will later kill god... Like not even that much later. A very short time later.

But in that game there are two other examples.

One is a level set inside a whale (Which later becomes a vessel for you to travel around in)

As well as an old tree. Which despite more going into it's like subconsciousness uses the same dungeon model as the princess and the whale. So I'm counting it.
Seproth
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby dodoman_1er » Sat Feb 03, 2018 3:30 am

The legend of Zelda Oracle of Ages has a jabu level
FF2 (jp) has a section inside the leviathan
By Vectron's kindly claw!
vore code thingy: VC_3.0_37911488162433335333889_88883858525688758597979_97921375579959_478419859595995811777060979071119_0
dodoman_1er
Participator

Postby Kelazi5 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:26 pm

In Earthworm Jim there's the level Intestinal Distress that's in a huge unknown creature. Though not all versions have this level included.

In the PS1 JRPG Legend of Legaia the final dungeon is a huge living/meat fortress that enveloped the MC's hometown. There's another meat/giant monster encased town earlier in the game as well as a tower dungeon where one minute it looks normal and the next the walls, floor take on a very meaty looking aspect. In both the walls and floors visibly pulse and you see and can talk to npc's that are half encased in the walls. It has a couple other vor-ish situations as well.

In Okami you shrink down and fight a boss in the emperor's stomache or something like that. It also has a level in a sea serpent/dragon's body too.
Kelazi5
New to the forum

Postby ben999999 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:27 am

Thank you very much for your help.

I hope we can create one day a list of video games sortable by category.

Vorishly

Ben 999999
ben999999
New to the forum

Postby someoneoncenew » Sun Feb 25, 2018 2:32 pm

There's a whole page on this over on the TV Tropes website, titled Womb Level.
someoneoncenew
Participator

Postby PlasmaTech225 » Mon May 07, 2018 9:38 pm

A whole chunk of the Finding Nemo PS2 game takes place inside the whale from the movie. Marlin and Dory start in the mouth of the whale, travel through the throat, then exit via the blowhole, just like the scene in the movie. The textures are fairly-detailed (for a PS2 game), and the whale's insides are even littered with bits and pieces of sea junk and small critters that the whale has eaten.

Unfortunately, the game doesn't run well on emulators (the water fog overlay bugs out for me when I try, but I have a functional PS2 to play it on anyways).
PlasmaTech225
Participator

Next

Return to Endosomatophilia world