Defining Endo

Everything about Endosomatophilia! For more information, inquires within (or check the wiki)

Defining Endo

Postby Jayezox » Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:04 am

Many times on this board and on artwork I've seen endo being a blanket term for all non-fatal vore (even I'm guilty of this). On this endo page and on some writing.com interactives, however, I've read some endo definitions that don't necessarily always cover non-fatal vore. A couple of these include the requirement of exploring the body and the prey being very small. With those requirements same size non-fatal vore wouldn't be endo. Any situation where the prey is confined until the predator (consciously or otherwise) lets them out also wouldn't be endo.

So I have a couple of questions: Is non-fatal vore always endo? If not, what sort of situations make non-fatal vore not endo?
Jayezox
---

Re: Defining Endo

Postby coop500 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:16 am

Endo is not the correct term because endo is just a blanket term for being inside the body. Outside of vore endo is more body exploration, being so tiny you can travel through bloodstreams even. But people started lumping digestion with reformation with actual non-fatal, so safe vore people needed a new term to stop this. So people just use endo as a blanket term.

As for the other questions, I'd say non-fatal vore is always endo besides endo is merely just being inside someone else, but body exploration that does not involve actual vorish undertones like the stomach and mouth and other vore methods, this is when it's not vore so much as true endo.
Writer of wholesome fandom M/F vore.
Current character focus: Chris Redfield!
coop500
???

Postby Borealis » Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:13 am

I'd say non-fatal vore. Stuff like full tour, or being swallowed and being pulled back up the throat on a string, stuff like that, is definitely endo. It's endo specific to the digestive tract, with the mouth as the entrance. Things like full tour deservedly get their own label as it's a specific preference that a significant group of people like, but by definition it is effectively a subset of endo.

As Coop says, endo is just being contained within the body. This has a massive spread in this community, so much so that using endo to describe any sort of internal bodily entrapment would be too broad. So endo has become a bit of a catch-all term to describe the non-fatal aspect, or internal bodily entrapment or exploration... it has become synonymous with the definition.
Voyager of canine interiors...

In my story gallery, macro feral and anthro fun awaits you...
Borealis
---

Postby jaggedjagd » Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:42 am

Last edited by jaggedjagd on Thu Sep 30, 2021 3:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
jaggedjagd
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Gcreep » Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:56 pm

Have to agree with the others here; I just use endo as a blanket term to describe all nonfatal vore.
I don't mind the semantics at all, though. What matters is that someone ends up inside someone else, regardless of orifice, and that they be unharmed! It technically is endo, and, well, I rather like it that way.
It makes a good catch-all, IMO, and it's good as well to act as a somewhat distinct term from just "safe vore", which is more of a mouthful and less smooth than just "endo".
Gcreep
Been posting for a bit

Postby EnderDracolich » Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:02 pm

Jayezox wrote:So I have a couple of questions: Is non-fatal vore always endo? If not, what sort of situations make non-fatal vore not endo?

Well, one obvious situation is when it's non-Fatal hard Vore. I mean, that sounds self-evident, but I thought I would point it out anyway. Hard Vore is never endo, regardless of whether or not it is fatal. Some people seem to think that "Hard Vore" actually means "fatal" but it doesn't, it means that the prey is not eaten whole. So, you can have hard Vore where the prey survives, which is not considered endo but is considered non-fatal.
EnderDracolich
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby EvangelineSkypaw » Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:16 pm

Painless non-fatal = endo, in my book.

I don't really have anything else to say.
Affectionate nomming is so cute~! <3
EvangelineSkypaw
Somewhat familiar

Postby digidus » Wed Oct 25, 2017 3:59 pm

Saying that non-fatal is the same as endo because they both involve people inside another person's body is like saying apples are the same as eggplants because they're both fruit.
digidus
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Jayezox » Thu Oct 26, 2017 2:19 am

You could say non-fatal soft vore is endo, but endo isn't non-fatal soft vore. Kind of like how a square is a rectangle, but a rectangle is not a square.

Also, good catch on the hard vore part. Most of the non-fatal hard vore does not result in endo at all.
Jayezox
---

Postby MirceaKitsune » Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:45 am

Pretty sure that at least nowadays, endo refers to permanent non-fatal vore. It's when you are eaten and trapped inside... whether it's for hours or days or weeks or years or basically forever. Hopefully my understanding isn't incorrect.
Vore Tournament - A FOSS vore FPS based on Xonotic.
Patreon - Please support me if you enjoy my projects.
MirceaKitsune
???

Postby Jayezox » Sat Nov 25, 2017 5:29 am

Being trapped was an element that I thought separated non-fatal soft vore from endo. When I think endo I think freely exploring the body like The Magic School Bus. When I think of non-fatal vore it's more like the pred put the prey in there and the prey has little to no influence on where it's going.
Jayezox
---

Postby MirceaKitsune » Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:45 am

Jayezox wrote:Being trapped was an element that I thought separated non-fatal soft vore from endo. When I think endo I think freely exploring the body like The Magic School Bus. When I think of non-fatal vore it's more like the pred put the prey in there and the prey has little to no influence on where it's going.

I think it involved both that and trapped non-fatal soft vore. I think the term is generally a little fuzzy though.
Vore Tournament - A FOSS vore FPS based on Xonotic.
Patreon - Please support me if you enjoy my projects.
MirceaKitsune
???

Postby ben999999 » Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:26 am

It's a shame endo is not really well defined among the vore community, but the problem is that the endoscopic part is almost inseparable from every vore arts. I mean, out of the hardvore category showing preys shredded and torn apart (which is closer to the general bloody gore kink), almost every works show/depict the swallowing action and the bulged belly, even if the prey is already dead by then. This is always endo to some extent.

Of course, endo is often used as a tag for stories taking a significant place after the voring (the inside view scenes are rather tagged just "internal"), but even then, there is no consistent features in these arts:
Some will depict the scene before digestion begins, whereas others set the stomach (or often an alternate pocket like crop, womb) as a safe place before they eventually get out (called "safe vore").
Some use same sized characters (so it's more like "pregnancy", "age regression"), and others use macro/micro (in this case, it is more of an inner "body exploration").
The pred may be more of a gentle giant, a maternal friendly character; somebody needing help with internal problems; or he may even be an hostile creature, willing to jail the prey inside him, if not keeping him to digest later.

So, I don't know if it is really plausible to create a very coherent category. The only thing we can do is to require that vore pretending at endo include the inside part as a sufficently long portion of the plot (maybe half of the story ?). But then, I don't know about non-comic drawings, which suggest that the prey stays safe after the swallowing, but won't depict much more than any soft vore ending.
ben999999
New to the forum

Postby ProfessorMystery » Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:47 am

I view non-fatal vore as a part of endo. To me, endo is like body exploration, but specifically inside the body.

I guess a more technical term would be "internal body exploration."

But yeah, I've written chapters in interactives where you go through the digestive tract of a host, putting non-fatal vore into an endo story, so I'm a little guilty for that (not that there's a problem with that).
Mystery is my allure.
ProfessorMystery
Participator

Postby ProfessorMystery » Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:13 pm

There's this page I found online: http://endosomatophilia.boards.net/thread/2

I guess that'll define endo. I used it as reference to endosomatophilia for this page: https://fairlyoddparents.wikia.com/wiki ... References
Mystery is my allure.
ProfessorMystery
Participator

Return to Endosomatophilia world