How strictly are you into endo?

Everything about Endosomatophilia! For more information, inquires within (or check the wiki)

Postby jaggedjagd » Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:32 pm

Last edited by jaggedjagd on Thu Sep 30, 2021 3:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
jaggedjagd
Advanced Vorarephile

Re: How strictly are you into endo?

Postby Licklash » Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:26 am

It all depends on situation for me, and generally I'm very ambiguous on the matter. I don't really have a preference for endo or fatal, so in a lot of my pictures, I tend to leave it ambiguous on whether the prey lives or dies.
Deadly lust.
Licklash
Somewhat familiar

Postby C107galaxytachyon » Tue Jan 15, 2019 4:44 pm

Well, my affinity to it almost exclusively comes from how integral it is to getting me hooked on a story. If everyone whose eaten by the predator ends up dead, then I’m far less likely to stay invested in what’s going on. There are only 2 exceptions I’ll make for such: soul vore, where the digested recipient’s soul is still fully aware and conscious of what’s happened, and reformation, which removes the permanence of death commonly associated with digestion.
C107galaxytachyon
Somewhat familiar

Postby kisupure » Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:42 pm

I'm pretty exclusively into non-fatal - fatal is just over too fast, and too samey for me. I also prefer BDSM-style dominance, and fatal is kind of antithesis to that. Endo, on the other hand, is one of the ultimate forms of domination for me. It's like bondage + service + sensory deprivation. Plus a whole heaping of other kinks, depending lol. Humiliation, sounding, body part worship, macro/micro, watersports, hypnotism, blackmail....

I don't care so much about living inside of someone, but I do like the idea of endo aftercare as part of a D/s relationship, or like mutual masturbation as part of the sex act itself. Endo where the prey is held inside the pred as a captive audience to their day, or captive audience to their sexual exploits, (or vice versa, like the prey getting way too worked up by being inside the pred's body with the pred's casual knowledge), is always fun too. :D

tl;dr, non-fatal, often endo, but largely short-term vore is the shit.
kisupure
Been posting for a bit

Postby Raiza » Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:36 am

From the sound of it, Endo and Vore's main difference is the goal of getting in someones body. For Vore, it is to get eaten, whether digested or not, the thought of getting eaten or swallowed up by another hole is fascinating. For Endo, it's more so living/exploring the person's body, and it's more about being in there then how you got in there?

I can see situations where all vore is technically Endo, but not all endo is vore (though the crossover of it is often).

I'm sorry if it is a bit off subject, it's just I have heard people talking of Endo more lately, and I want to make sure I have the concept correct.
Raiza
Somewhat familiar

Postby C107galaxytachyon » Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:11 pm

Raiza wrote:From the sound of it, Endo and Vore's main difference is the goal of getting in someones body. For Vore, it is to get eaten, whether digested or not, the thought of getting eaten or swallowed up by another hole is fascinating. For Endo, it's more so living/exploring the person's body, and it's more about being in there then how you got in there?

I can see situations where all vore is technically Endo, but not all endo is vore (though the crossover of it is often).

I'm sorry if it is a bit off subject, it's just I have heard people talking of Endo more lately, and I want to make sure I have the concept correct.

Yeah: still, I can't help but feel that divisiveness is pretty much inevitable whenever this is brought to the forefront of discussion. You're either always against Endo because "A stomach is not a sleeping bag", or against Digestion because the finality of such a prospect doesn't leave the prey much perspective when all is said and done. There are very few writers here capable of straddling that fine line, and even those that do struggle to find viewers in either camp, most of the time.
C107galaxytachyon
Somewhat familiar

Postby AtaraxyRed » Mon Apr 22, 2019 12:08 pm

Myself, I have never liked fatal. I guess if I think about it I can kinda see the appeal? But there's just so little room for exploring (literally and figuratively) ocs when one of them is going to die. That being said I still like safe vore so idk if you could really say I'm "strictly" into endo, I just think there's a lot more fun to be had with it.
AtaraxyRed
New to the forum

Postby NotTadpole » Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:11 am

I'm mostly only into endo. My view of vore differs from most, and I enjoy it not because of the pleasures of eating, or the taste of the prey, or feeling nourished... I just like the act of being inside someone. It also connects very well with notions of romance and subtle dominance; not only does it feel arousing for me to be that close to someone I love by virtue of being literally inside their body, but it also gives the vibe of them having power over me, what with them keeping me inside them and all. Like a mother protecting her unborn baby inside her womb. In that scenario, the pred quite literally becomes the prey's own personal world, by virtue of completely surrounding them in all sides, and it's a world that loves them. Of course, I'm well aware that it's not realistic at all and that a stomach really isn't a sleeping bag, but I tend to avoid it by imagining the (often micro) prey wearing an advanced suit of protective armor that keeps them safe from the acidic and caustic environment in the stomach.

I just can't enjoy fatal as much, because not only does it forego all the romantic undertones and replace protective dominance with malicious/oppressive dominance, but I just tend to feel bad for the prey - especially if it's unwilling; being forcibly eaten alive and getting stuck inside the body of your assailant and soon-to-be killer is a deeply emotionally traumatizing experience that I wouldn't wish on anyone. Even when it's willing fatal, I still get saddened by seeing them die, and it kinda kills the pleasure I get from any prior mutual romantic enjoyment (especially if the pred thinks nothing of her partner dying). I can still like some fatal vore art (as is evidenced by my gallery of favourite images), but it mostly comes from me liking the way it's drawn and/or the belly bulges and curves it leaves on the pred, and I usually try to not think too hard about the emotional effects on the prey.

...That, and good-quality Endo art is hard to come by, so I have to take what I can get :P
NotTadpole
Somewhat familiar

Postby Birichino » Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:47 am

NotTadpole wrote:I'm mostly only into endo. My view of vore differs from most, and I enjoy it not because of the pleasures of eating, or the taste of the prey, or feeling nourished... I just like the act of being inside someone. It also connects very well with notions of romance and subtle dominance; not only does it feel arousing for me to be that close to someone I love by virtue of being literally inside their body, but it also gives the vibe of them having power over me, what with them keeping me inside them and all. Like a mother protecting her unborn baby inside her womb. In that scenario, the pred quite literally becomes the prey's own personal world, by virtue of completely surrounding them in all sides, and it's a world that loves them. Of course, I'm well aware that it's not realistic at all and that a stomach really isn't a sleeping bag, but I tend to avoid it by imagining the (often micro) prey wearing an advanced suit of protective armor that keeps them safe from the acidic and caustic environment in the stomach.

I just can't enjoy fatal as much, because not only does it forego all the romantic undertones and replace protective dominance with malicious/oppressive dominance, but I just tend to feel bad for the prey - especially if it's unwilling; being forcibly eaten alive and getting stuck inside the body of your assailant and soon-to-be killer is a deeply emotionally traumatizing experience that I wouldn't wish on anyone. Even when it's willing fatal, I still get saddened by seeing them die, and it kinda kills the pleasure I get from any prior mutual romantic enjoyment (especially if the pred thinks nothing of her partner dying). I can still like some fatal vore art (as is evidenced by my gallery of favourite images), but it mostly comes from me liking the way it's drawn and/or the belly bulges and curves it leaves on the pred, and I usually try to not think too hard about the emotional effects on the prey.

...That, and good-quality Endo art is hard to come by, so I have to take what I can get :P

That's pretty relatable. Citing "realism" is kind of insipid either way, but there's just a huge emotional issue around people dying. If it's just normal in that culture, that's surreal; if the predator is unique in not caring, that's cruel, and I could only approve of digestion were it to happen to them; if the prey is willing, that's sad.

I'm still bothered sometimes by a story I read forever ago about a couple and the girl's younger sister being digested the night he proposed. Innocent people dying is just horrible to me, end line.
Birichino
Advanced Vorarephile

Location: Mostly another plane of existence, sometimes Canada

Postby NotTadpole » Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:14 pm

Birichino wrote:That's pretty relatable. Citing "realism" is kind of insipid either way, but there's just a huge emotional issue around people dying. If it's just normal in that culture, that's surreal; if the predator is unique in not caring, that's cruel, and I could only approve of digestion were it to happen to them; if the prey is willing, that's sad.

I'm still bothered sometimes by a story I read forever ago about a couple and the girl's younger sister being digested the night he proposed. Innocent people dying is just horrible to me, end line.

Yep, the "realism" thing irritates me as well. At the end of the day, isn't all vore unrealistic, anyway? (Especially same-size vore?) Why single out Endo in particular? The "protective suit" justification also tend to not please those people either, because they say a metal-clad or fully-clothed person would taste way gross to eat.

And I totally understand how you feel, I'm also similarly repulsed by the concept of innocent people dying. While I enjoy seeing the act of eating someone, the fact that it's done to murder an innocent person for the sake of murdering them just repulses me.
NotTadpole
Somewhat familiar

Postby ButtWitch » Sat Aug 10, 2019 11:38 am

I prefer Endo, but if a monster girl is eating a human I'm more okay with fatal especially if the digestion is implied. Cannibalism is just a major turn off for me.
Generally I lean more towards Unbirth with transformation/rebirth.
She/He/They
Despite my username I'm not into Anal Vore.
ButtWitch
New to the forum

Postby CrusaderSweetie » Sat Sep 07, 2019 3:00 pm

While I much prefer endo (I didn't even know the term until recently, just what my preferences were), digestion ends up being... okayish, especially if it is depicted as painless enough. And I still enjoy mods like the Fallout and Skryim ones. (Especially as the vore is easily thought of as less painless as being shot in the head or stabbed.)

Really, the fun of vore for me is either being inside someone, or having someone inside of me. Like... advanced hugging, to vastly oversimplify the feeling. While there is a secondary, minor aspect of dominance (which I enjoy both sides of), too much of that feels... wrong in some way I can't describe fully.

Like, to explain the dominance thing further, it's only fun if either one side is irredeemable, or both sides are semi-consenting. For example, a pred and prey knowing each other well, and the pred swallows the prey. The prey might not necessarily want that at the moment, but the most that is felt is mild irritation. Or in the case of fatal digestion, a righteous pred executing an evildoer in a relatively painless manner. There is a lot of resistance in that case, but it feels a lot more justified. It feels like a lot of images or games with vore in it that go beyond this are trying to fulfill a fetish of destroying innocence, not just dominance.

Most of the time, I much prefer the option where the pred can manually keep the acids and digestive enzymes from labeling the person swallowed as food, and both just have a nice time. (I have discovered a scientifically-based excuse for not dying in a vorish situation, at least when human digestive systems are involved. It just requires more manual control of automatic systems. Not exactly the oxygen problem, though.)
CrusaderSweetie
Been posting for a bit

Postby matthewthawes » Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:16 am

to the point of non fatality and a requirement of the rp
matthewthawes
Been posting for a bit

Postby DannyChocolate » Tue Sep 01, 2020 7:45 pm

Endo, but NO kids (anyone under 18) and NO women. (That's because I was born female, even though I'm non-binary now.)
There's some whores in this house.
DannyChocolate
Somewhat familiar

Postby M4st3r0fb41t » Thu Nov 12, 2020 4:21 am

Pretty strictly, especially in RPs. I'm a bit more lenient when just consuming media, but fatal vore is just too close to snuff to me to enjoy. (Or if I do enjoy it, I'll get crippling self-loathing once the horny subsides. Non-fatal forms of digestion or absorption are on the table, but not really my area of expertise.

Endo is just the most justifiable version of vore to me, I hate having to do moral gymnastics to justify fatality or at the very least, my prey suffering through digestion. And I'm pretty uncomfortable thinking about characters I play dying, especially for a reason as shallow as "X was hungry". I guess my ability to suspend my disbelief when it comes to the nature of the digestive system is stronger than my ability to believe in someone so utterly ceasing to see others as people.
Cringe is dead and I'm still vorny.
M4st3r0fb41t
Been posting for a bit

Postby TSaPA » Tue Nov 17, 2020 2:01 am

Pretty strongly. I can make some exception if the "prey" is established as antagonistic and unsympathetic, like they were an enemy you wouldn't have qualms against killing in a video game, but in general I don't much care for "cruel" preds as protagonists or when attention is drawn/focus is given to vore being fatal to innocent unwilling prey. I do definitely prefer non-fatal vore, either endo where the prey remains alive and whole inside the pred or digestion/absorption where it's implied or established the prey is either still alive inside the pred (at least in the sense of voluntary union) or otherwise capable of being respawned/released at a later time with no negative repercussions to the prey beyond downtime.
TSaPA
Somewhat familiar

Postby DannyChocolate » Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:35 pm

To me, endo is "body exploration" and I consider the hosts "dudes in distress." The people inside are always micro. I used to not like the stomach that much because it'd seem like traditional vore, but ever since discovering you guys, I've become more lenient on the stomach.
There's some whores in this house.
DannyChocolate
Somewhat familiar

Postby Cielie » Mon Dec 21, 2020 5:23 pm

For me I prefer heavily safe/endo vore over any other kind, but I can like Reformation and Casual. But I just cant bring myself to like fatal vore. I can tolerate or ignore it in art and stories and it can make some great stories, but I myself, don't enjoy it.
Cielie
Been posting for a bit

Postby AlphaArctic » Thu Nov 02, 2023 4:57 pm

Very strictly into Endo. When it comes to vore, it is almost for sure going to be Endo for me. The reason is because I'm extremely horrified and disgusted by gore or extreme violence, I couldn't enjoy vore that contains that. If the vore has to involve digestion, then I write it as painless AND the prey gets revived. That's the only way I could possibly include something like that. Plus, the idea of being comforted and snuggling in the warm belly of someone you like is just heartwarming.
AlphaArctic
New to the forum

Postby thirdaltaccount » Sun Dec 03, 2023 8:59 am

Much like Arctic, I'm pretty strict on endo. I can't ignore fatal if it's explicitly shown or stated. I just can't get behind a cruel predator, and killing prey is an act of cruelty. No predator that loves their prey would let them die. Vore is an escape, but not a terminus to an entire life. It's much more intimate if both parties enjoy the experience and can learn to appreciate it properly. Fatal ultimately dehumanizes prey to a point where they're either nothing more than nourishment or a target. I'm fine with danger in vore - because I mean they're called predators for a reason and power dynamics is half the fun - but only if it's used to push the connection between predator and prey. If one actively makes an effort to keep the other alive, that's love. To my deranged and muddled psyche, at least.

Plus, the best kind of vore dynamics are between partners. Imagine just sinking into someone you can trust and offering yourself like that... agh, must be nice. Point is, vore is best when it's something two people can regularly enjoy and use to connect. Endosoma forever.
Always either cold or tired. Unsure whether to blame the phenomenon on vorarephilia or not. Probably looking into it too much.
thirdaltaccount
Been posting for a bit

PreviousNext

Return to Endosomatophilia world