Why is it so hard to find Endosomatophilia-related material?

Everything about Endosomatophilia! For more information, inquires within (or check the wiki)

Why is it so hard to find Endosomatophilia-related material?

Postby Kyrios » Fri Apr 18, 2008 4:49 pm

I'm more into Endosomatophilia than Vore but I can't find much content for it anywhere...even more so, it's harder to find stuff set inside the body of a female. I'm just wondering do any of you feel that Endosomatophilia is underrepresented and under appreciated?
Kyrios
Been posting for a bit

Re: Why is it so hard to find Endosomatophilia-related mater

Postby Rat_Guy » Fri Apr 18, 2008 6:19 pm

Endosomatophilia-
(often shortened to endosoma) is an attraction (often as a sexual fetish) to fantasies involving complete encapsulation of a living thing within the body of another living thing. Endosomatophilia is often an underlying factor in vorarephilia/phagophilia, unbirth, insertion fantasy, and other related fetishes. However, the term itself was not coined until 2004.
Rat_Guy
want to be a game sage

Postby Terastas » Fri Apr 18, 2008 6:19 pm

I'll tell you what I told all the people that sometimes complain there are not enough horse preds, too much dragon prey, not enough human preds, too many pokemon characters, not enough scat content, too much furry vore, etc., etc:

There will always appear to be too little of what you're looking for and too much of what you are offended by.

I do feel like endosmaphilia is underrepresented sometimes. . . But that's because I'm an endosmaphile. And there are plenty of other things I'd like to see more of, but I know I'm in an even smaller minority in terms of other said content as well; if ever I feel like there's too little of something, I have nothing to blame save my inability to provide it myself.

That's my advice to anyone complaining about lack of content that fits their interests: either stop complaining or get your muse off her ass and make it yourself.
Terastas
Cobalt Cat

Postby TinCanMan » Fri Apr 18, 2008 6:39 pm

Terastas wrote:There will always appear to be too little of what you're looking for and too much of what you are offended by.

Exactly!
TinCanMan
Intermediate Vorarephile

Re:

Postby prisoner » Fri Apr 18, 2008 8:32 pm

I think that there's not enough smart people like Terastas on forums. Come along, everyone, we're going to make some smart babies! :3
prisoner
---

Postby Kyrios » Sat Apr 19, 2008 12:37 am

Terastas wrote:I'll tell you what I told all the people that sometimes complain there are not enough horse preds, too much dragon prey, not enough human preds, too many pokemon characters, not enough scat content, too much furry vore, etc., etc:

There will always appear to be too little of what you're looking for and too much of what you are offended by.

I do feel like endosmaphilia is underrepresented sometimes. . . But that's because I'm an endosmaphile. And there are plenty of other things I'd like to see more of, but I know I'm in an even smaller minority in terms of other said content as well; if ever I feel like there's too little of something, I have nothing to blame save my inability to provide it myself.

That's my advice to anyone complaining about lack of content that fits their interests: either stop complaining or get your muse off her ass and make it yourself.

By content I didn't even mean just artwork and user-created content....I meant like even TV shows, ANYTHING....this section of the forum is rather dead(Some active conversation at least would be nice). I also don't see how making a topic such as this is complaining, I was hoping for some rather helpful posts or at least polite ones...not being trying to sound self-righteous and make it sound as if I'm whining when I'm not. I don't really think you should blame someone for not being able to find content and tell them to make their own...believe it or not, not everyone in the world is blessed with artistic abilities. Whatever, I just wanted a friendly topic......I forgot how rude people typically are on the internet.
Kyrios
Been posting for a bit

Re:

Postby Nez » Sat Apr 19, 2008 7:14 am

Kyrios, could it just be that not as many people are into it?
Nez
Participator

Re:

Postby TinCanMan » Sat Apr 19, 2008 7:39 am

I actually like endosoma and recently completed a request for gamdann that you can see here:
http://aryion.com/g3/showitem.php?id=155911

Or at leats I consider it endosoma (pred not interested in digesting prey, but simply "carrying" the prey). The reason I personally don't draw much endosoma is that I have a hard time imagening a situation in which a pred would want to simply carry the prey inside them. Symbiote wrote a wonderful series of stories called "the carrier" which I think contained some excellent endo scenes. In my experience you have to look in the unbirth section to find good endo stuff.
TinCanMan
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Tsavo » Sat Apr 19, 2008 2:17 pm

Terastas hit the nail on the head.
Tsavo
Intermediate Vorarephile

Re:

Postby Rufus » Sat Apr 19, 2008 3:19 pm

I think that endo, and full trips through the digestive system unharmed (non-fatal) and similar is really under-represented. Maybe there's a load of art and stories about these two, but I just can't find them (especially the latter), hell, sometimes you have to dig to find female macro furry/giantess stuff.

Vore on the net seems swamped with "same size" and/or "nagas" nowadays but, ah well, I rarely complain. My input to the community isn't great anyway so I haven't really got a platform to shout these criticisms from. I think the original post is a fair comment though, there are a lot of vore cliches arising and finding anything out of these is becoming increasingly difficult.
Rufus
Intermediate Vorarephile

Activity Problem

Postby Deathworks » Wed Apr 23, 2008 6:08 am

Hi!

Kyrios: The issue you are addressing has several aspects.

First of all, if you remove vore and UB as possible endo variants (it is a matter of interpretation), the situation becomes less likely for the general public.

Think about it. If you said someone/something was inside the body of someone or something, I think most people would initially expect the location to be the stomach, or maybe the womb.

In addition, you have a lot of precedence for it in Jona and the whale, Pinoccio, Little Red Riding Hood (Grimm version), Tom Thumb, and many more fairy tales people grow up with. How many classic tales do you know of which have a person/object in a place which is not the digestive tract or womb? The only "classic" I could think of would be the movie "Fantastic Voyage", but I doubt that it has an impact on society which comes even close to the fame of Little Red Riding Hood.

So, I think that the other related concepts are much more familiar to the general public, and despite the endless search for innovation, the masses will effectively stick with what they know.

Now, as for the inactivity of the forum, you are touching on another aspect.

Forums such as these have, de facto, no real productivity, no real essence, aside from that which the participants create. If no one posts messages, stories, videos, images, there will be no activity on a forum as it does not generate things by itself.

The interesting aspect of internet forums is, however, their inherent feedback quality: If a forum sees little activity, it becomes even more unlikely that anything new will be posted there, and its decline will continue onwards to complete oblivion. On the other hand, a forum seeing a lot of activity, regardless of whether it is just discussions or tons of new artwork, will attract other people, who will then contribute themselves, thus generating more activity.

I think the main point to note is that any activity as long as it is positively connected to the theme and intent of the forum is a contribution likely to encourage activity. So, even if you don't have a concrete request, a find, idea, as long as your contribution somehow invites discussion, you are increasing the activity and thus in the long run increase the likelihood of material created.

My suggestion would be therefore for you to check the discussions we had on this forum (like for instance the dream destinations discussion) and post your opinions and thoughts there. Likewise, you may have questions or thoughts of your own you could share, so please do start threads about them as well. Even if they do not directly create new material (like for example dream destinations, which does not in any way try to make people create artwork), you would raise activity and awareness and thus indirectly encourage the creation or discovery of appropriate material.

Deathworks
Deathworks
Innocence and Cuteness!

Re: Activity Problem

Postby Nez » Wed Apr 23, 2008 6:47 am

What Deathworks said. :D
Nez
Participator

Re: Why is it so hard to find Endosomatophilia-related material?

Postby voreftw » Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:57 pm

Yeah, I didn't read what Deathworks said but it was a mouthfull. So most likely its gotta be right lol
voreftw
Participator

Postby Throat_Wolf » Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:21 am

I've become rather fond of cleavage endo—there's some of it in my later "Outfoxed" episodes, and I also wrote a couple of Ficly ficlets on it. (Anyone wanna take a stab at sequeling?) I just like the idea of a girl being able to "put a toy away for safekeeping" after she's finished "playing with it"…
If you write or draw vore where the prey lives (or is reincarnated/merged/cloned/etc.), please add the "non-fatal" tag to it!

And if you like non-fatal vore & unbirthing, please check out my gallery.

Follow me on Twitter!
Throat_Wolf
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Bright » Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:05 pm

Does Osmosis Jones count? Considering there's a living society within the body of a fellow.
Visit my artblog?
Spoiler: show
http://julienbrightsidesart.blogspot.no/
Bright
Heavy user

Postby Ciel » Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:02 am

Well, I'm mostly an endo as well. I guess it's just because this is a /vore/ site and not an endo site, and the only reason endos are even heard as often as they are is because most vore includes endo elements as well.
ImageDon't be afraid to contact me. I'm very friendly.
Ciel
New to the forum

Re:

Postby R_U_Snacksize » Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:34 pm

Terastas wrote:There will always appear to be too little of what you're looking for and too much of what you are offended by.

Have to agree with that 100%

Terastas wrote:That's my advice to anyone complaining about lack of content that fits their interests: either stop complaining or get your muse off her ass and make it yourself.

Also agree with the general idea here as well, maybe you can create something that will inspire others to produce something you are interested in.
R_U_Snacksize
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby maraudingmarauder » Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:44 pm

I'll admit that I'm more into the endo side of things myself (even if it typically involves being forcably stuffed in rather than willing) - I've just been a little busy to draw as much as I'd like!
maraudingmarauder
???

Postby catamountsnow » Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:48 pm

catamountsnow
Somewhat familiar

Postby sabrina_diamond » Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:20 pm

I think I'll write a few stories involving endo soon. Just PM me later :-D
*Chomp, slideee, gurgle gurgle* Must have ate something off! *screaming*
sabrina_diamond
???

Next

Return to Endosomatophilia world