Regional community gatherings

Talk about group gatherings of any kind that are relevant to our community!
Forum rules
Talk about group gatherings of any kind that are relevant to our community! This is not for individual meetings. Group only. Find another site if you are looking for a hook up. This site does not accept personal hook up.

Regional community gatherings

Postby DrCaius » Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:27 am

I've noticed a couple of threads since I joined where users express sadness that they don't ever meet others into vore in person. But I'm relatively new here. Have gatherings been organised in the past? How did they go? Other groups (fetish or otherwise) that I have been part of all have regular, regional, informal gatherings that really bind the community together.

Is there significant appetite for this? I'm thinking of relaxed, supportive and friendly chats in a cafe or bar. That if people have fun and want to spin off into RP or 'whatever' then they of course could.
Last edited by DrCaius on Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DrCaius
Somewhat familiar

Re: Regional community gatherings

Postby Chrisis » Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:37 am

I've actually been processing a different side of this same experience, since BDSM is the hub community through which so many kinks run through, I've been exploring through them in an attempt to better connect with people of my various kinks (Vore, growth, weight gain, justice, and transcendence). I haven't found particular success networking through the primary kink hub as of yet, but I'm definitely interested in connecting with people in person to communicate and connect.

I'm currently located near the San Francisco bay area so I'm pretty certain that there have to be plenty of other voraphiles out and about and that at least some fraction of them would be happy to get together, chat, and eat tasty food (The non squirming variety to clarify.*)
Chrisis
The eternal procrastinator

Postby Aleph-Null » Fri Mar 31, 2017 5:42 pm

There have been a few meet ups, mostly at other conventions (fur conventions have been spoken about quite a bit in the past.) Additionally, most major metropolitan areas have enough people into vore that a few people have met IRL, outside of conventions.

As to something regular, I have not heard about that.

The nature of this fetish implies a need for anonymity. What I mean by this is that vore communities do not exist without the internet, and have never existed without the internet. It takes an anonymous environment to allow the vast majority of parties to feel comfortable with this, and from there they may move into feeling comfortable with forgoing anonymity. The problem is just that a lot of people here have not made that leap.
Aleph-Null
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby sweetladyamy » Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:29 pm

I'd be more than up for a gathering, provided that it's secure (bouncer at the door).
Amyrakunejo, Heiress of Purity

Philosophical Pagan Anarchist Femme Fair Gamer Lesbian Metalhead Chick
sweetladyamy
---

Postby DrCaius » Sat Apr 01, 2017 7:16 pm

Post deleted
DrCaius
Somewhat familiar

Return to Conventions connection