Dragoncon

Talk about group gatherings of any kind that are relevant to our community!
Forum rules
Talk about group gatherings of any kind that are relevant to our community! This is not for individual meetings. Group only. Find another site if you are looking for a hook up. This site does not accept personal hook up.

Re: Dragoncon

Postby Emperor_Palpatine » Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:57 am

I was pretty ashamed of that, too. I guess we don't read enough anymore.

Great cosplayers this year, though. That was AMAZING.
http://aryion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=15662 /RP preferences

Walk in the room and I know they all know man
If they don't know, put on a little show
Emperor_Palpatine
Heavy user

Postby sansuki » Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:44 am

Wait, seriously? I planned on Turtledove's panel being mobbed and decided I couldn't go to it (I absolutely point blank refuse to wait in lines outside, there is no good reason for me to risk heatstroke for a goddamn panel and if the convention is so crowded that I have to do that, well, that's a panel I don't really need to go to) so I rearranged my schedule to go to Stirling/Turtledove's joint panel Saturday... and yeah, that one was stunningly empty too!

But yeah, the cosplayers stepped up their Game. Either of you go to the Masquerade? I *love* the overflow room for that, better view than you'd get in the real room unless you lined up hours in advance (again, outside) and people feel free to laugh and have more fun with it. That music box. That Demona. That DRAGON. When they announced her as winning best novice, I just thought... "good god, doing that as a novice, what's she going to do when she's a MASTER?!" And then I got a little frightened.
sansuki
---

Postby 4ofSwords » Thu Sep 04, 2014 4:24 pm

Seriously. I waited outside (it was actually a pretty nice weekend to be outside - maybe low 80s?) for all of 7 minutes or so, and was maybe #20 in a line of 30. But he seemed to take it all in stride and there were plenty of questions and answers to fill out the hour. Van Plexico is good that way.

I didn't go to the Masquerade. I thought about going to the overflow room, but in the end, I always end up at a small panel or just heading home instead. Con is a very different beast when you're going with a friend instead of alone, and have to drive home each night, I reckon. I looked up the dragon, though, and she -was- great.
4ofSwords
???

Postby sansuki » Thu Sep 04, 2014 7:43 pm

Yeah, well, I live in the bay area where if the temperature passes 80 people start dying in the streets and the news talks about the heat wave. To say nothing of the humidity! :lol: But wow, that really is sad. Anyhow, I had to do my "get a hotel north of the perimeter and MARTA it up every night and morning" backup plan again because I couldn't get into any of the con hotels in time, curse this internet connection. I'll try again though, because it seriously cramped my partying style to have to rely on that damn train.

As for that dragon, I got up close for a picture and wow. None of the pictures online do it justice. There's an appalling amount of detail there, the amount of work that went into that costume is just breathtaking.
sansuki
---

Postby Emperor_Palpatine » Fri Sep 05, 2014 10:20 am

I didn't get a host hotel either. Midtown again. Le sigh.

Emperor_Palpatine
Heavy user

Postby sansuki » Tue Sep 08, 2015 5:45 am

my everything hurts.

:D
sansuki
---

Postby Emperor_Palpatine » Wed Sep 09, 2015 6:46 am

I moved recently and didn't find a hotel room. D:

Emperor_Palpatine
Heavy user

Postby EZ-Bunny » Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:15 pm

This old Grey bunny has been to to all 32 Dragoncons and the Dragoncon sponsored events too...

I watched it grow from 1000 people to 78,000 people this year!

Thank goodness no Foxie Girls have caught this ol' sly bunny or my Dragoncon days would probably be over!
EZ-Bunny
New to the forum

Previous

Return to Conventions connection