Project: Devour (Vore Horror Game) Version 0.3.3 (Bug Test)

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

What features do you want to see once the main game is completed?

Scene Gallery
36%
Replay Levels
11%
Maze Rush (All Mazes, No Saves rush mode)
3%
Post Game Mazes after story is finished
19%
Monster Dating Sim Side Mode
32%

Total votes : 95

Project: Devour (Vore Horror Game) Version 0.3.3 (Bug Test)

Postby Datstrudel » Sat Apr 29, 2023 12:09 am

PLEASE DO NOT UPLOAD SCENES OR GAMEPLAY ON ANY VIDEO SHARING SITES OF THIS GAME OR ANY OTHER GAMES I'VE MADE WITHOUT FIRST CONSULTING ME.

Project: Devour is a new vore themed horror game from the deranged mind of Datstrudel.
THIS MOST RECENT UPDATE IS A BUG TEST. I DO NOT EXPECT THIS TO BE STABLE.

Gameplay
Spoiler: show
The Main gameplay loop consists of exploring mazes and collecting Soul Fragments. In these mazes are creatures called Specimens which devour all who invade their domain. Upon collecting all Soul Fragments in a maze, the way is opened for you to continue your journey deeper into the labyrinth.

Story
We follow Misato, a girl who wants nothing more than to experience vore for real. However, this desire leads her onto the dark web where she learns of the researcher, Dr. De'Voir. This doctor claims to have the research capable of bringing vore to reality, and Misato jumps at the opportunity to see the research first hand. But things go bad when Specimen 1 escapes containment, sending Misato on her dark, perilous journey.

Content
Contains:
Vore (duh)
Oral Vore
Breast/cleavage vore
Jump Scares
F/F content
M/F content
Giantess
Dark themes

Screenshots
Capture1.PNG

Capture2.PNG

Capture3.PNG

Capture4.PNG

Changelog:

Should have fixed Prologue Chase sequence
Should have fixed the Monika Bug
Chapter 3 Release
Roughly 20+ unique vore scenes
About 12 unique levels to play

DEMO: There's likely bugs, so please feel free to let me know about them. Apologies ahead of time.

MAKE SURE TO GO INTO OPTIONS AND TURN OFF DEPTH OF FIELD. IT WILL MAKE THE GAME NO LONGER BLURRY.

DOWNLOAD (Includes Windows and Mac versions): https://mega.nz/file/of92TYSL#fAc51hxb1 ... Gw50HRm06k
Last edited by Datstrudel on Wed Feb 28, 2024 8:06 pm, edited 23 times in total.
Datstrudel
Intermediate Vorarephile

Re: Project: Devour (Vore Horror Game)

Postby VirtuosoViking » Sat Apr 29, 2023 2:00 am

Oh cool, you're doing another vore horror game? Nice. I'm eager to see how it'll play. From what the gameplay reads and how the screenshots look, I'm reminded of Spooky's Jumpscare Mansion, and that one other game that was a collection of mazes with a horror setting. I think it was called Dark Deception? Anyway, hope to get a chance at the demo soon.
When it comes to most bosses, thank god for obvious, glowing weak spots.
VirtuosoViking
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Datstrudel » Sat Apr 29, 2023 2:29 am

VirtuosoViking wrote:Oh cool, you're doing another vore horror game? Nice. I'm eager to see how it'll play. From what the gameplay reads and how the screenshots look, I'm reminded of Spooky's Jumpscare Mansion, and that one other game that was a collection of mazes with a horror setting. I think it was called Dark Deception? Anyway, hope to get a chance at the demo soon.

Both of those games were inspiration for this game. So you can expect something like those two.
Datstrudel
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby zaza333 » Sat Apr 29, 2023 2:33 am

will there be player as pred?
zaza333
New to the forum

Postby Datstrudel » Sat Apr 29, 2023 2:37 am

zaza333 wrote:will there be player as pred?

Not at this time. The game will be entirely player prey.
Datstrudel
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby zaza333 » Sat Apr 29, 2023 2:40 am

Datstrudel wrote:
zaza333 wrote:will there be player as pred?

Not at this time. The game will be entirely player prey.

oh... still wish you a great fun on the coding!
zaza333
New to the forum

Postby empatheticapathy » Sat Apr 29, 2023 6:40 am

Datstrudel wrote:Not at this time. The game will be entirely player prey.

Glad to hear it. Been too long since we had a game like that.
No male prey though?
empatheticapathy
---

Postby Datstrudel » Sat Apr 29, 2023 9:47 am

empatheticapathy wrote:
Datstrudel wrote:Not at this time. The game will be entirely player prey.

Glad to hear it. Been too long since we had a game like that.
No male prey though?

No, this game stars a female Mc. There will be male Preds a little.
Datstrudel
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Vola » Sat Apr 29, 2023 11:25 am

I'm very impatient for the demo to come out !
Vola
Been posting for a bit

Postby Datstrudel » Sat Apr 29, 2023 12:38 pm

Vola wrote:I'm very impatient for the demo to come out !

You won't have to wait long. Should be up today or tomorrow.
Datstrudel
Intermediate Vorarephile

Re: Project: Devour (Vore Horror Game) DEMO

Postby Datstrudel » Sun Apr 30, 2023 12:38 am

DEMO: There's likely bugs, so please feel free to let me know about them. Apologies ahead of time.

Windows: https://mega.nz/file/4G1H1Y6Y#-0ti2cG8r ... XX4NUG4ipg

Mac: https://mega.nz/file/laFUQYwB#RkaGZtKmT ... TLiD15fnsI

EDIT: I'm aware of a bug and I will have it fixed very soon.
Datstrudel
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby ohhellothere » Sun Apr 30, 2023 1:36 am

Currently the Splash screen doesnt load but this can just be bypassed by adding a space instead of an underscore.
Attachments
2023-04-30.png
2023-04-30.png (9.01 KiB) Viewed 28764 times
ohhellothere
Been posting for a bit

Postby Datstrudel » Sun Apr 30, 2023 1:41 am

ohhellothere wrote:Currently the Splash screen doesnt load but this can just be bypassed by adding a space instead of an underscore.

I've already got a fix. It should be up in a few minutes.
Datstrudel
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby kiriaflurry » Sun Apr 30, 2023 1:46 am

Ive noticed the same issue with Specimen1%203 and others.
kiriaflurry
Somewhat familiar

Postby Datstrudel » Sun Apr 30, 2023 1:51 am

UPDATED DEMO. There was an issue with image file names.

Windows: https://mega.nz/file/0T0j1TCI#HlMlyXLaL ... YTOOFpH43Q

Mac: https://mega.nz/file/xWlASDaI#DKcNlHmxJ ... -BbrnEid-4
Datstrudel
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby ohhellothere » Sun Apr 30, 2023 3:25 am

After playing through the whole thing, I have to say I'm liking it so far. I didn't even know rpgmaker could make a 3D maze explorer. I especially like the hallway chases that break up the more puzzle-esque collection levels. Other than the issue with the splash screen I didn't run into any issues for the rest of the playthrough.

The only things I would note:
1. The soulshard sprite seems really large, big enough to cover up a specimen,(This also coupled with the large amount of blur, but im assuming that is an engine limitation and you cant do much about it) making it easy to potentially get caught because you couldn't see behind it. Might be a good idea to shrink it or simplify it.
2. The Clown chase could due with some tuning, after a transition if you don't start moving as soon as it fades in you get caught instantly.
3. I was kinda disappointed that the two mimes basically acted the same, it would be cool to see a level with 2 enemies that have their own different behaviors. They also felt a lot easier than the clown so it would make more sense to me that you have to face the clowns minions before you square off against her, this also leading more naturally into the hallway chase with her being able to follow behind you from the previous level.

But other than those I find this to be a pleasant experience and I'm excited to see more, especially with that line at the end of the second clown level.
ohhellothere
Been posting for a bit

Postby Datstrudel » Sun Apr 30, 2023 3:43 am

ohhellothere wrote:After playing through the whole thing, I have to say I'm liking it so far. I didn't even know rpgmaker could make a 3D maze explorer. I especially like the hallway chases that break up the more puzzle-esque collection levels. Other than the issue with the splash screen I didn't run into any issues for the rest of the playthrough.

1. The soulshard sprite seems really large, big enough to cover up a specimen,(This also coupled with the large amount of blur, but im assuming that is an engine limitation and you cant do much about it) making it easy to potentially get caught because you couldn't see behind it. Might be a good idea to shrink it or simplify it.
2. The Clown chase could due with some tuning, after a transition if you don't start moving as soon as it fades in you get caught instantly.
3. I was kinda disappointed that the two mimes basically acted the same, it would be cool to see a level with 2 enemies that have their own different behaviors. They also felt a lot easier than the clown so it would make more sense to me that you have to face the clowns minions before you square off against her, this also leading more naturally into the hallway chase with her being able to follow behind you from the previous level.

But other than those I find this to be a pleasant experience and I'm excited to see more, especially with that line at the end of the second clown level.

Oh my god i forgot about the blur. Turn off Depth of field. That unblurs the game.

Also, the soul sprite is kinda just stuck that way. I'm afraid that if i change it, I'll have to replace all 430 soul shards in the game lol. I may attempt to change it if I can manage without undoing everything.

Honestly, the clown chase I plan to change. The default pursuit AI is kind of...bad.

I often design a level right after creating its enemy type and the clown was designed first. So the mime level came second because I designed them later. But yeah, what you suggest makes sense. I may change it up in the future.
Datstrudel
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby ohhellothere » Sun Apr 30, 2023 3:58 am

Datstrudel wrote:
ohhellothere wrote:After playing through the whole thing, I have to say I'm liking it so far. I didn't even know rpgmaker could make a 3D maze explorer. I especially like the hallway chases that break up the more puzzle-esque collection levels. Other than the issue with the splash screen I didn't run into any issues for the rest of the playthrough.

Oh my god i forgot about the blur. Turn off Depth of field. That unblurs the game.

Also, the soul sprite is kinda just stuck that way. I'm afraid that if i change it, I'll have to replace all 430 soul shards in the game lol. I may attempt to change it if I can manage without undoing everything.

Honestly, the clown chase I plan to change. The default pursuit AI is kind of...bad.

I often design a level right after creating its enemy type and the clown was designed first. So the mime level came second because I designed them later. But yeah, what you suggest makes sense. I may change it up in the future.

Is there a point to the Red Soulshard in the first chase or is that just a bait-and-switch to get you caught? :lol: because you can get it and get out safely
I also noticed there was pictures of a vore scene for the doctor and a ghost that i couldnt seem to find in game, are those unused as of now or are they secret scenes?
ohhellothere
Been posting for a bit

Postby Datstrudel » Sun Apr 30, 2023 4:05 am

ohhellothere wrote:
Datstrudel wrote:

Is there a point to the Red Soulshard in the first chase or is that just a bait-and-switch to get you caught? :lol: because you can get it and get out safely
I also noticed there was pictures of a vore scene for the doctor and a ghost that i couldnt seem to find in game, are those unused as of now or are they secret scenes?

All I can say about the red shards is that they’ll be important.
The doctor and ghost were just preemptively designed. The ghost was the original resident of chapter 1, but I liked the clown a lot.
Datstrudel
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby DemonOfDeath567 » Sun Apr 30, 2023 7:22 am

When I start the game and get control, then enter the house and get to the other end of the hallway, the room change sound that you normally hear doesn't sound and it just gets stuck on a black screen. No error message or anything. Is it a bug or intentional?
DemonOfDeath567
Been posting for a bit

Next

Return to Vore game