[1/02 Content Update] Endeavore: Extinction Event (RPGMaker)

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

What is your companion?

Female
89%
Male
11%

Total votes : 618

Re: [Small Update] Endeavore: Extinction Event (RPGMaker)

Postby Ranacha » Sat Nov 19, 2022 8:12 am

EndeavourGame wrote:Small Update
Minor update with the first few scenes for Chapter 2, with three locations to see.
Unfortunately, I haven't finished the art yet, but I wanted to upload something.
Once the art is finished, I'll make another post.

That was a nice teaser. I can't wait to see more.

Only critique I have is that it seems odd that everyone you meet after leaving the village is familiar with preds when no-one in the first chapter seems to have even heard of them. Given the backstory I'd imagine they'd be extremely rare and generally unheard of.
Ranacha
Been posting for a bit

Re: [30/11 Visual Update] Endeavore: Extinction Event (RPGMa

Postby EndeavourGame » Tue Nov 29, 2022 11:04 pm

Visual Update
Chapter 2 scenes updated with visuals, no new scenes.

If all goes well the rest of Chapter 2 will be completed in December, but no promises.
EndeavourGame
New to the forum

Postby TheEvilWithin » Wed Nov 30, 2022 1:02 pm

EndeavourGame wrote:Visual Update
Chapter 2 scenes updated with visuals, no new scenes.

If all goes well the rest of Chapter 2 will be completed in December, but no promises.

I downloaded the Mediafire version but there are no new visuals still. Mega is updated tho.

After having tried downloading from Mega, I did see the new visuals. All good. Although I do have a couple of nitpicks:
1) There isn't an image of the player with a belly with one prey inside in the images of "Tug of War" even though she should.
2) It's weird that the kid doesn't have an image with a smaller sized prey, instead having an adult one.
TheEvilWithin
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Ranacha » Wed Nov 30, 2022 2:49 pm

Nice to see an update!

In my opinion, a fairly simple way of improving the art in your scenes would be to keep the colour of the silhouettes consistent from frame to frame, such that the same person is always the same colour. E.g. a scene where Red is helping the player eat Blue would then show Red getting eaten next instead of Blue again.
I hope you don't mind, but I edited your art in one of the new scenes in a way that shows what I mean (I also wanted to add some belly progression): https://imgur.com/a/yVk2EN0
Ranacha
Been posting for a bit

Postby pencilfud » Tue Dec 06, 2022 3:10 am

cool game cant wait to see her devour another city
pencilfud
New to the forum

Postby CreamTheEel » Tue Dec 06, 2022 6:04 am

this looks like it might be fun.
i'll share it with my friends anyway.
Cream the Rabbit with an eel tail in the role of Wattson from Apex Legends.

I'm female IRL and I prefer to be prey.
CreamTheEel
New to the forum

Postby JamKelpi » Tue Dec 06, 2022 7:45 am

this could be animated fairly easily
JamKelpi
New to the forum

Postby ortDBrie » Fri Dec 09, 2022 8:45 pm

it's certainly better when creators make their own art for these things.
I can eat anything and spit up any common trash item to use it.
Also I can flap in the air like Mario with a cape.
ortDBrie
New to the forum

Postby Legspert9 » Sun Dec 18, 2022 3:36 pm

Have you considered adding a spritesheet with a belly?
Legspert9
Somewhat familiar

Postby Ray99 » Sun Jan 15, 2023 5:44 am

I am very excited to see where the game goes.
Ray99
New to the forum

Postby TheEvilWithin » Sun Jan 15, 2023 4:16 pm

Got an idea of what the next update will be about and maybe an estimate for when it come out?
TheEvilWithin
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby daeway » Mon Jan 16, 2023 3:35 am

Not a clue. Best we can do is wait.
daeway
Participator

Postby Ryan-Drakel » Mon Jan 16, 2023 12:02 pm

I'd like to ask for a "Content List" so I don't end up blindsided by something I find unpleasant.
Too many good games were ruined by disposal that cannot be triggered off, for example.
Ryan-Drakel
---

Postby daeway » Thu Jan 19, 2023 3:15 pm

If you are planning on having a companion... how?
Why wouldn't the main character, I called her Milunia, eat the companion like anyone else?
I ask because I'm curious as to what your ideas are, or are you looking for any ideas?
I might have one!
Predators, as revealed in Ch. 2, are rather plentiful it would seem. Perhaps a sort of "witch hunter", or just a desperate adventurer trying to find and eliminate this growing threat develops a reputation and Milunia catches wind of this. If she leaned toward the brutal side, she faces the adventurer directly and wins. If devious, she tricks the adventurer into going somewhere alone with her and lowers their guard and eats them! This hunter has a failsafe; poison. Like, mothball kind of poison that after the adventurer dies, the poison causes her to become queasy and causes abdominal pain something fierce.
This is where the companion enters. Milunia meets a nurse who has medicine that can treat her ailment and ease her pain. At first, the companion doesn't know she is a predator, but when she does learn of this, it is too late and Milunia considers the fate of her "savior" (considering the poison wouldn't have actually killed her). She's thankful of the companion's treatment and decides not to eat her and lets her join on her adventure.
daeway
Participator

Postby LordOfGee » Sat Jan 28, 2023 9:48 am

Very good so far! Can't wait to see more!
LordOfGee
New to the forum

Re: [1/02 Content Update] Endeavore: Extinction Event (RPGMa

Postby EndeavourGame » Wed Feb 01, 2023 2:53 am

Chapter 2 Content Update!
Added four new locations and 2-3 more vorish encounters.
And... Finally! The companion makes her appearance! Please let me know what you think of her.
Unfortunately, we're not quite at the end of the chapter, just the finale left for me to do.

Sorry for how long it took to get this update out, hopefully the next update won't take so long.
Redid some of the art but didn't update the old scenes so you won't see the new art until the new scenes.
I did it like this for my own benefit as I want a track record of my work and how it evolves and, hopefully, improves over time.

This update also wasn't tested as much as the past updates so please bear with me if there are any game-breaking bugs.
And of course, let me know if you encounter any issues.

I hope you enjoy what I've added!
EndeavourGame
New to the forum

Postby EndeavourGame » Wed Feb 01, 2023 3:00 am

daeway wrote:If you are planning on having a companion... how?
Why wouldn't the main character, I called her Milunia, eat the companion like anyone else?
I ask because I'm curious as to what your ideas are, or are you looking for any ideas?
I might have one!
Predators, as revealed in Ch. 2, are rather plentiful it would seem. Perhaps a sort of "witch hunter", or just a desperate adventurer trying to find and eliminate this growing threat develops a reputation and Milunia catches wind of this. If she leaned toward the brutal side, she faces the adventurer directly and wins. If devious, she tricks the adventurer into going somewhere alone with her and lowers their guard and eats them! This hunter has a failsafe; poison. Like, mothball kind of poison that after the adventurer dies, the poison causes her to become queasy and causes abdominal pain something fierce.
This is where the companion enters. Milunia meets a nurse who has medicine that can treat her ailment and ease her pain. At first, the companion doesn't know she is a predator, but when she does learn of this, it is too late and Milunia considers the fate of her "savior" (considering the poison wouldn't have actually killed her). She's thankful of the companion's treatment and decides not to eat her and lets her join on her adventure.

This is such a cool idea! I wish I had read this before I'd written the companions introduction.

Ryan-Drakel wrote:I'd like to ask for a "Content List" so I don't end up blindsided by something I find unpleasant.
Too many good games were ruined by disposal that cannot be triggered off, for example.

Too true, I'll add a succinct list of what there is currently.

JamKelpi wrote:this could be animated fairly easily

Hopefully in Chapter 3 I'll be brave enough to attempt some short looping animations.

Ranacha wrote:Nice to see an update!

In my opinion, a fairly simple way of improving the art in your scenes would be to keep the colour of the silhouettes consistent from frame to frame, such that the same person is always the same colour. E.g. a scene where Red is helping the player eat Blue would then show Red getting eaten next instead of Blue again.
I hope you don't mind, but I edited your art in one of the new scenes in a way that shows what I mean (I also wanted to add some belly progression): https://imgur.com/a/yVk2EN0

Thank you very much for the critique! It's a good point and I'll keep it in mind for the next time I do a similar sequence.
EndeavourGame
New to the forum

Postby genericaccount » Wed Feb 01, 2023 10:40 pm

I'm in the house with the sliding barrel puzzle. I cannot see how to reach the door in the room with the slippy floor, where you slide until you reach a barrel. Any advice?
genericaccount
Been posting for a bit

Postby EndeavourGame » Thu Feb 02, 2023 1:35 am

genericaccount wrote:I'm in the house with the sliding barrel puzzle. I cannot see how to reach the door in the room with the slippy floor, where you slide until you reach a barrel. Any advice?

Here's a screengrab of the entire puzzle so you can plan a route

Spoiler: show

And here is the solution if anyone needs it.

Spoiler: show
EndeavourGame
New to the forum

Postby TheEvilWithin » Thu Feb 02, 2023 12:27 pm

If you try to leave the tent of the bandits before eating the one sleeping, the scene still plays out as if you ate him. Also probably just because unfinished, but I noticed that the dialogues are the same regardless of what traits you chose.
TheEvilWithin
Intermediate Vorarephile

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game