Cutie Vore (Action) (Soft) [PC/HTML/Android]

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Cutie Vore (Action) (Soft) [PC/HTML/Android]

Postby SquishySofty » Tue Jul 05, 2022 12:36 pm

KimOX wrote:- level 0: can't attack at all, have to flee and look for respawning gems(...)

I was thinking like at Level 0, you can only hurt Level 1 enemies, but not higher levels (Especially Level 2, which you can't hurt them at all). Though, if you're too low, you could flee boss battles before you get eaten and cause a boss-specific game over. Because in my mind, Low Taste Level = More taste. Meaning enemies won't let you escape if your taste level is way too low, excluding regular/low level enemies.
And you'll gain more EXP when your levels are too low, so that the level progression would be fair for lower levels, but harder to level up at higher levels. :-D
Not feeling so well, don't expect much of me...
SquishySofty
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Anonymous111 » Tue Jul 05, 2022 1:13 pm

suggestion for when you add in more stuff- an ability that lets you vore stuff and drain their levels. Also, when you (or an enemy with the earlier suggestion) are level 0 it will keep draining your exp until you would be level -1, at that point you disappear and have to make your way back to the spawnpoint as a ghost and where your body has respawned and possess that body. or just you become level -1 and appear as a ghost that can't attack until you get back to level 1(the ghost thing would not happen with enemies if the player gains the ability to vore).
Anonymous111
Somewhat familiar

Postby KimOX » Tue Jul 05, 2022 3:09 pm

A steeper exp/level curve will definitely be there as soon as there are strong enemies.

The idea with the ghost is similar to something I want to try out. A level 0 (or -1) player has no limbs and can only roll (or hop). Level 1 gives you feet, so you can walk and kick like in the demo. Level X gives you hands for stronger attacks. So at level 0, you can't attack anymore, and have to return. And save points will make a level 0 player to level 1.

As that would mechanically both be similar, but I want the default to be no death, I could make dying and turning into a ghost an option.

I don't plan to add eating the enemies. I want do keep it focused and minimalistic, both the target audience and gameplay mechanics. Maybe for another project, but this will be pred enemies only.
KimOX
New to the forum

Postby Etherthedrake » Tue Jul 05, 2022 3:23 pm

I second the idea with no death, I believe that would defeat the point of having exp drain, not to mention you have said that you would like to keep it 'no death'. Ghost form for level 0 could be fun, though.
I do love an idea that one of the commenters posted, however:

ryanshowseason3 wrote:
Definitely players will let themselves be eaten by something just to see what happens. It's kind of maybe a letdown that a counter goes to zero and that's it...

Might be nice to have the enemies react somehow to sucking so the tastiness from their meal. Perhaps if something brings you to zero it gets contented, falls asleep and is just background from then on?

Also an animation while they have you inside.

That bit about the predator falling asleep, specifically! Seeing them snooze away as you don't struggle would be adorable, I think!
Hey! I'm just a dessert mouse.
"humans boring. Endo best. Dragons awesome."
Etherthedrake
Somewhat familiar

Postby KimOX » Wed Jul 06, 2022 8:51 pm

Thank you for your feedback everyone.
What I'm currently working on based on player feedback:

Difficulty levels:
These will not only change the enemy strength, but also what kind of consequences failure has. The "level drain but no death" mechanics was somewhat controversial, so players can add death or skip/reduce level drain.
The difficulty levels are "sweet", "mild", and "spicy". Besides fitting thematically, I also chose them because they are neutral, treating it as a question of taste. I hate it when games are like "This is idiot mode, which is only for BABIES and STUPID people. REAL Gamers pick ultra hard and grind for days!!!" I'd rather treat it as different tastes to cater to. (And also for accessibility.) Like, nobody is telling somebody eating white chocolate to "git gud and pick the bitter one, you noob" (at least I hope nobody does).
But rest assured, if I ever get far enough to add an endgame, I will use my hidden power of sadism to make everybody who picked spicy regret their choice.
Spoiler: show
screenshot1.png

Character customization:
Pick your favorite* color!
*(Your favorite color is now pastel.)
screenshot2.png

More detailed animations:
I added some frames to the fairy. (Click to start gif)
fairy.gif

New enemies:
And some character concepts for a haunted mansion area: witch, ghost, and cursed plushie bear
concept_220706.png

But it will take some time until I put everything in the next build. I want to add a new area first, and fix a lot of code. My level loading script is an unstable pile of trash. I want there to be no loading (meaning no area transitions, and single frame loading of new areas), so like the prototype, but only one big map. Using a custom framework instead of RPG Maker has many advantages, but there will be weeks with my only progress being "fixed mysterious crash (maybe)".
KimOX
New to the forum

Postby SquishySofty » Wed Jul 06, 2022 9:18 pm

KimOX wrote:The difficulty levels are "sweet", "mild", and "spicy".

So it's like Puyo Puyo's difficulty :-D
SquishySofty
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby zoidburg05 » Thu Jul 07, 2022 12:54 am

A very interesting concept. I look forward to it and will keep an eye on this as well. Need more cute vore in the world.
Where are the others?.......
zoidburg05
Somewhat familiar

Postby Etherthedrake » Thu Jul 07, 2022 9:27 am

KimOX wrote:(snip)

A lotta good stuff already, huh?
I'm sure people won't mind if you take your time making sure everything works properly, so, don't rush yourself.
Best of luck on avoiding bugs and errors during your journey, haha;
Etherthedrake
Somewhat familiar

Postby ian66613 » Thu Jul 07, 2022 9:42 am

After a while of playing the game, the game starts to remove its assets / turn black, disallowing you to know where to go. I got three keys, and can't progress because of it.

In addition, it's possible to stay slimed by the Fairy Girls If you manage to kill them while slimed
Ideal Vore Games · Vore Preferences · My OC (4 inch (10cm) fairy boy.)
I am NOT into Furries/Bestial/Animals.
ian66613
---

Postby SquishySofty » Thu Jul 07, 2022 12:38 pm

ian66613 wrote:It's possible to stay slimed by the Fairy Girls If you manage to kill them while slimed.

Can confirm, if you have enough reach and if the Fairy Girls have low health. It was pretty fair, because the Fairy Girls shoot bullets faster and harder to approach them without getting hit. :-D
SquishySofty
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby LonerImortal » Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:19 am

I'm yet to find a game just like this one (gameplaywhise) but with the player also being able to be pred :^(
Edit: still, a very neat game though, looking forward to see more :^D (whas gonna say it before put I forgor :^P )
LonerImortal
Been posting for a bit

Postby wariodude128 » Wed Jul 13, 2022 6:15 pm

Just beat it and think it's pretty interesting. Any way you could turn this into a 2D platformer? Because I just wrote out a bunch of ideas for a game in a brainstorming thread which I decided to call Some Of You May Be Devoured. If you think what I wrote there sounds like something you want to pursue, quote the post in a PM to me and we can get started immediately.
wariodude128
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Redicicle » Thu Jul 14, 2022 6:54 am

Cool. I hope you add more levels and enemies and maybe a story? Also an element of danger and more variation within what the enemies can do.

Also, a few observations.

1. I saw the starting blue slime with the key glitch through wall into the bosses' room. I'm not sure if this would cause a softlock if it happened when you first encountered it or merely a delay.

2. I actually find the slimes incredibly difficult to fight on mobile. They only really become easy at level 40 when you can insta them. But, like, in normal gameplay rather than "see how OP you can get" gameplay, getting to level 40 early on would be.. odd.

3. I feel like it would be harder to cheese the shooting enemies and especially the boss if they had some lead calculation.

4. The worms feel incredibly easy to kill. Just sit on their tail and demolish them. They're actually a good exp farm. I feel like making them a little more dangerous, like maybe giving them a lunge attack, would be useful.
Redicicle
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Redicicle » Thu Jul 14, 2022 7:03 am

Is a level editor planned?
Redicicle
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby KimOX » Thu Jul 14, 2022 1:06 pm

Some new concepts for the next demo:
Sleepyhead wolf.
wolf.png

A save point. It always hungers for more data to save, so feed it regularly.
savebot.png

Redicicle wrote:Cool. I hope you add more levels and enemies and maybe a story? Also an element of danger and more variation within what the enemies can do.

Also, a few observations.

1. I saw the starting blue slime with the key glitch through wall into the bosses' room. I'm not sure if this would cause a softlock if it happened when you first encountered it or merely a delay.

2. I actually find the slimes incredibly difficult to fight on mobile. They only really become easy at level 40 when you can insta them. But, like, in normal gameplay rather than "see how OP you can get" gameplay, getting to level 40 early on would be.. odd.

3. I feel like it would be harder to cheese the shooting enemies and especially the boss if they had some lead calculation.

4. The worms feel incredibly easy to kill. Just sit on their tail and demolish them. They're actually a good exp farm. I feel like making them a little more dangerous, like maybe giving them a lunge attack, would be useful.

Thanks for the extensive feedback.
I will definitely add more levels and enemies, this is really just a quick prototype to show the concept. I'm not planning to add a story, I want it to be a more NES/Arcade-like experience. Defeat the boss, because you get a skill to defeat the next boss.
The wall glitch will be gone for the next version.
For balancing, I will probably make the player attack range on mobile larger to counteract the touch controls. While slimes are quick to kill if you do hit and run after their moves, but they are maybe a little overkill as tutorial enemy. I'll make them slower, and put the current version in a later level.
Redicicle wrote:Is a level editor planned?

A level editor is something I could do later. I actually made it so the game can load csv files from Tiled. But I'll first finish the base game, so I'll know which mechanics and terrain types will be there. Before that, making the level editor useable and public would require too much work to maintain in parallel, and is not a priority at the moment.
wariodude128 wrote:Just beat it and think it's pretty interesting. Any way you could turn this into a 2D platformer? Because I just wrote out a bunch of ideas for a game in a brainstorming thread which I decided to call Some Of You May Be Devoured. If you think what I wrote there sounds like something you want to pursue, quote the post in a PM to me and we can get started immediately.

Thanks for the offer, but I already have more game ideas than I can realistically code for a long time, as do most devs. I was asking for ideas mostly to know what people prefer and would like to see more of.
If you are looking for a team, it would be best to learn something like drawing or coding first. From those positions it's easier to find a team than as an "idea person". It's usually pretty hard to implement ideas from an outside client. Game design and coding is very much linked. But I wish you luck with your ideas.
KimOX
New to the forum

Postby Etherthedrake » Fri Jul 15, 2022 7:56 pm

Ooh, the previews look quite nice! It's a pleasant surprise to see you respond with updates time to time - keep going!
Etherthedrake
Somewhat familiar

Postby Chessa » Mon Jul 25, 2022 5:41 am

I loved it, however I noticed a lot of respawns, and since there's the aversion to player-death (To keep wholesome vibes), I came up with an idea actually, instead of making enemies respawn, why don't you make it so that the player only knocks enemies unconscious? Then you can have a cute little ZzzZZZzzzzZZZzzz go over there head until the player leaves and it'd normally hit a respawn. Very fun game!
Join the Discord for my game here: https://discord.gg/Ua3duEUqg

Support me on Patreon here!: https://www.patreon.com/user/membership?u=51030251
Chessa
Somewhat familiar

Postby Turbotowns » Wed Sep 28, 2022 5:55 pm

Is the itch.io post going to get updated?
Turbotowns
???

Postby KimOX » Thu Sep 29, 2022 12:54 pm

Turbotowns wrote:Is the itch.io post going to get updated?

I will update the game on itch.io in October, as soon as the next level is done. I will post here and on itch as soon as a new version is done, smaller updates like screenshots will be on my Discord.
KimOX
New to the forum

Previous

Return to Vore game