Working on a game looking for some feedback.

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Working on a game looking for some feedback.

Postby Goldendevil21 » Sun Jun 26, 2022 9:45 am

Thanks for making a external link for anyone to do the survey. :) This will help greatly get a wide arrange of opinions from people who are just curious to people who are really interested and have an Aryion account. Me personally, I am in the middle. I enjoy vore games but know that most of them never finish and they are not always the greatest.

Now on to your thoughts on what the game should be focused on, first off understand that building a game, even a RPG maker game, takes effort. This is a long term commitment if you want the game you come up with to be decent. So keep that in mind before starting this new project. And on top of that, Vore games are a little hard to implement because they involve so many different scenerios. Do you eat this character or not eat this character. What affects does this have down the line in the game, such as story? This will lead to many different branching paths so make sure to keep that in mind when introducing main characters.

Also wanted to add some nuance to the last question of the survey; Which is more important for a fetish game, art or writing?

This is not a simple answer. Since you are designing a video game, the only medium where the character is taking part in the story, both are equally important. For the game, you need good art to make sure people enjoy looking at this beautiful world you are about to create. What time period are they in? Are they stagnant or in the middle of a transformation? This all needs to be reflected both in the the art as well as in the writing otherwise they would conflict instead of mutually support each other.

Now, you did ask for a fetish game, and my answer is the same. Both the writing and the art both need to be good. A book or written story has the advantage of letting the audience imagination take over what is happening. One of my favorite vore series, Fallout: Guts and Glory (on Aryion) is a mostly chapter story. (Sure, comics were added in later to the story. Yet even ignoring the comics,) you will have a blast with how well the characters are written and the sexy vore that goes on in the story. With that said, love good vore art. Adding in some art with people being gulped down would be a great addition. Or if that is too ambitious, just a sprite of the MC or another character having an expanded belly would also work. Show in the art that the vore took place and physically changed the characters.
Goldendevil21
Been posting for a bit

Postby Urielzael2 » Sun Jul 03, 2022 9:40 am

Goldendevil21 wrote:Thanks for making a external link for anyone to do the survey. :) This will help greatly get a wide arrange of opinions from people who are just curious to people who are really interested and have an Aryion account. Me personally, I am in the middle. I enjoy vore games but know that most of them never finish and they are not always the greatest.

Now on to your thoughts on what the game should be focused on, first off understand that building a game, even a RPG maker game, takes effort. This is a long term commitment if you want the game you come up with to be decent. So keep that in mind before starting this new project. And on top of that, Vore games are a little hard to implement because they involve so many different scenerios. Do you eat this character or not eat this character. What affects does this have down the line in the game, such as story? This will lead to many different branching paths so make sure to keep that in mind when introducing main characters.

Also wanted to add some nuance to the last question of the survey; Which is more important for a fetish game, art or writing?

This is not a simple answer. Since you are designing a video game, the only medium where the character is taking part in the story, both are equally important. For the game, you need good art to make sure people enjoy looking at this beautiful world you are about to create. What time period are they in? Are they stagnant or in the middle of a transformation? This all needs to be reflected both in the the art as well as in the writing otherwise they would conflict instead of mutually support each other.

Now, you did ask for a fetish game, and my answer is the same. Both the writing and the art both need to be good. A book or written story has the advantage of letting the audience imagination take over what is happening. One of my favorite vore series, Fallout: Guts and Glory (on Aryion) is a mostly chapter story. (Sure, comics were added in later to the story. Yet even ignoring the comics,) you will have a blast with how well the characters are written and the sexy vore that goes on in the story. With that said, love good vore art. Adding in some art with people being gulped down would be a great addition. Or if that is too ambitious, just a sprite of the MC or another character having an expanded belly would also work. Show in the art that the vore took place and physically changed the characters.

As for question I would say best option is to have both, though I guess editing existing good art or asking vore artist for allowance to use vore graphic is easier than become artist yourself.
Urielzael2
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby FutureBellyAche » Sun Jul 03, 2022 11:16 am

Goldendevil21 wrote:
Spoiler: show
Thanks for making a external link for anyone to do the survey. :) This will help greatly get a wide arrange of opinions from people who are just curious to people who are really interested and have an Aryion account. Me personally, I am in the middle. I enjoy vore games but know that most of them never finish and they are not always the greatest.

Because vore is typically tieed to bad ends and fatality, and very often player as pred, it's actually a bit rare for vore to impact the story heavily beyond scripted moments.

Choice in games is ever so tricky, and not doing it is way easier for game devs. (which is why its so rare to see around here.) Storyline with big branches are a bitch to write. I've done it on a small level for my game and it can be quite the pain.

And as pred the majority tend to be non vital characters the game can function without.

But for me writing is more important. Specifically during the act itself. This was most obvious for me when playing Shrink High, a game with like crazy good art, but very short tidbits of written text for the few vore scenes the game has. Art is enjoyable of course but games like Nyan Adventures have nearly no art for scenes and I still heavily enjoyed them (more than shrink high.)
FutureBellyAche
Participator

Postby LethiaAzalea » Sun Jul 03, 2022 4:13 pm

The last question gave me a pause, both art and writing I feel are equally important. Though I'm also someone who gets more out of visual media, which is why I prefer these kinds of games in the first place.

I hope that there is a combat route where you seduce prey, I've always enjoyed making them eagerly submit vs forcing them unwillingly.
LethiaAzalea
Somewhat familiar

Previous

Return to Vore game