Another Inner World Season 2 Episode 3 - Updated 01/26

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Another Inner World - A Vore Isekai Text Adventure

Postby ouphe » Fri Mar 11, 2022 8:25 am

I adored this. Mira is so cute XD
ouphe
Participator

Postby thecheese01 » Sat Mar 12, 2022 5:10 am

Hey again. Prog and I have been busy bees plugging away at future content, but I wanted to pop back in here and offer another thanks for the positive reception and also take the time to answer a couple more questions.

Skittles209 wrote:You guys should include something like a scene locator here

We've been going back and forth on when/how to do a scene list for new episodes. For the publicly released episodes, we’ve compiled a document that lists the specific contents of each scene and how to find them. At the moment, these are all fairly simple, though things will start getting a bit more complicated in future episodes. I’ve added a link to said document in the original post.

Nayko93 wrote:why did you disable the rollback button ?

The rollback button was causing some problems with underlying systems in the game and the way they wind up being experienced by the player. I understand it can be an inconvenience, but it was very much a “lesser of two evils” situation. To compensate, we’ll be upping the number of save slots in future versions, which isn’t perfect, but should at least help.
thecheese01
Been posting for a bit

Postby iepie122 » Sat Mar 19, 2022 5:53 am

is there already some expectation on the amount of episodes we can expect for this series?
iepie122
Somewhat familiar

Postby mlurker » Sat Mar 19, 2022 2:07 pm

Amazing game!
mlurker
New to the forum

Postby JustinZ » Sat Mar 19, 2022 5:15 pm

The writing is really good despite a few typos. Will there be a graphics mod eventually like SMVA? That mod really sold me on an already great game.
JustinZ
New to the forum

Postby Progressive » Sun Mar 20, 2022 2:11 am

iepie122 wrote:is there already some expectation on the amount of episodes we can expect for this series?

We have long term-plans for Another Inner World; two seasons (fourteen episodes each) have been storyboarded and heavily outlined so far (including additional party members, narrative, and individual character/romance arcs). Additionally, we have a clear ending point in mind.

JustinZ wrote:The writing is really good despite a few typos. Will there be a graphics mod eventually like SMVA? That mod really sold me on an already great game.

Can you send me or Cheese a list of typos you find, please? I'd like to fix them for the next release.

No current plans for visuals aside from expanding the title image with new character art as they're introduced.
Progressive
Been posting for a bit

Postby bigboy1992 » Mon Mar 21, 2022 10:36 pm

Will you go back and add more paths in previous episodes when you have all 14 episodes out and would you consider making a season 2?
bigboy1992
Been posting for a bit

Postby forumlurker » Tue Mar 22, 2022 3:15 am

This is really good so far. Found a few typo's but nothing major. Will there be a graphics mod like the one for SMVA? The added graphics really made the game stand out for me. It looks like you're using the same engine.

Can I also suggest to expand the number of saves available? 8 won't cover it the moment more content comes out.
forumlurker
Intermediate Vorarephile

Re: Another Inner World Episode 4 - Updated 4/8

Postby thecheese01 » Fri Apr 08, 2022 2:52 am

Hello again everyone,

It’s the 8th, which means Another Inner World Episode 4: Trail Mix is now publicly available and can be downloaded here! Set out alongside your new companions for the first proper leg of your adventure, where absolutely nothing at all will go wrong.

A few notes before you dive in. If this is your first encounter with Another Inner World, all previous episodes are included in the above file, and you're good to start playing from scratch. If you're returning and have not already, please export a save file from the previous version using the menu on the left. You’ll be able to import and pick up right where you left off. We’ve also included a quick recap for episodes 1-3, in case you need a refresher.

The scene list will be updated in the next few days, though we’re not quite at the point where anything should be too difficult to find.

bigboy1992 wrote:Will you go back and add more paths in previous episodes when you have all 14 episodes out and would you consider making a season 2?

To your first question, yes, it’s very much on the table, although likely these paths would just be new ways to extra game-overs. Some of our Patreon polls going forward will actually be about that exact subject. As for the second question, we already have season 2 fully outlined.

forumlurker wrote:Will there be a graphics mod like the one for SMVA? The added graphics really made the game stand out for me. It looks like you're using the same engine.
Can I also suggest to expand the number of saves available? 8 won't cover it the moment more content comes out.

No plans at the moment for a graphics mod. We briefly passed around the idea of trying some sort of visual novel aesthetic for the game, but we ultimately settled on a text adventure because 1) we did not have a dedicated artist and 2) we’re able to advance the story at a far more rapid pace when writing/coding are our only two concerns.

As for save slots, we’ve upped it to twenty, and we’ll keep playing it by ear.

Also, one last reminder. With the fourth episode available here, episode five is now on our Patreon if you’d like early access or just want to support the project.

Complete Changelog:
Spoiler: show
  • Added Episode 4: Trail Mix (including a clickable recap at the start of the episode)
  • Increased number of save files from 8 to 20.
  • Fixed a visual error that occurred during the start of the Naomi/Tanny scene in Episode 1.
  • Fixed a bug where player deaths to the harpy in Episode 3 were not correctly tracked.
  • Unfortunately, this fix is not retroactive, but it has no gameplay effect.
  • Fixed a handful of typos/grammar errors.
thecheese01
Been posting for a bit

Postby Dongers » Fri Apr 08, 2022 9:59 am

Can party members get eaten and will it affect the story?
Dongers
Participator

Postby Loverofhalo » Sat Apr 09, 2022 12:24 am

Fantastic new episode, thanks guys.
Loverofhalo
New to the forum

Postby DarthTrajan » Sat Apr 09, 2022 4:41 pm

I just want to say that I am enthralled by your writing style so far! This has to be one of my favorite text adventures already just because of how enjoyable it is to read. The protagonist is a nice mixture of funny and serious that most writers don't seem to be able to accomplish. I'd even go so far as to call him relatable!

I am curious, though, as to whether or not the highlighted lines of text actually have an impact on the story. I've tried going through the episodes a second time with more of a preference towards Vanille instead of Mira, but I don't believe that I noticed anything substantially different about the story or the text. Am I missing something, or are paths that incorporate those relationship counters not implemented yet?
DarthTrajan
Been posting for a bit

Postby ouphe » Sat Apr 09, 2022 7:02 pm

There are some minor text and interaction variations, but it's mostly railroaded thus far. The green text is relationship bumps though, so you get more interaction or quick cheek kisses thus far.
ouphe
Participator

Postby Progressive » Mon Apr 11, 2022 8:34 am

Thanks all for checking out the new episode!

Dongers wrote:Can party members get eaten and will it affect the story?

Yes and no. Party members can be ingested (there are currently two scenes where this can happen in the public version); however, both are essentially part of “game over” sequences and, therefore, are non-canon and do not affect the story. In order to ensure all companions have active and omnipresent roles in the narrative while not creating an absurd amount of extra work for ourselves, your core party cannot die. However, you’ll run into a number of side characters whose fates are more flexible.

On the other hand, if party members are eaten and then released, they will likely remember and may have relevant commentary/reactions about the incident afterward. Without delving into spoilers, some of these interactions might be very important to developing a particular relationship.

DarthTrajan wrote:I am curious, though, as to whether or not the highlighted lines of text actually have an impact on the story. [...]

The short answer is yes, although only ever to a certain degree. The core narrative of Another Inner World is linear with occasional branches (accurately described as “on rails”). However, your relationships with party members will have a larger impact the closer you become. Since we’re still on the early episodes, this is mostly contained within conditional flavor text. For example, (minor Episode 3 & 4 spoilers):
Mira will only try to sleep on your bed in Episode 3 and right next to you in Episode 4 if you’ve had enough positive interactions with her.

Episode 5 continues to ramp up on the flavor text, and Episode 6 will feature the first relationship-gated vore scene, with plenty more to come!
Progressive
Been posting for a bit

Postby DarthTrajan » Mon Apr 11, 2022 8:41 am

The short answer is yes, although only ever to a certain degree. The core narrative of Another Inner World is linear with occasional branches (accurately described as “on rails”). However, your relationships with party members will have a larger impact the closer you become. Since we’re still on the early episodes, this is mostly contained within conditional flavor text. For example, (minor Episode 3 & 4 spoilers):
Mira will only try to sleep on your bed in Episode 3 and right next to you in Episode 4 if you’ve had enough positive interactions with her.

Episode 5 continues to ramp up on the flavor text, and Episode 6 will feature the first relationship-gated vore scene, with plenty more to come!

That's all good to know! I might have to make two saves, one leaning towards Mira and one leaning towards Vanille. Thanks for the response!
DarthTrajan
Been posting for a bit

Re: Another Inner World Episode 5 - Updated 5/8

Postby thecheese01 » Sun May 08, 2022 5:38 am

It's the 8th, which means another new episode is out!

After the previous day's excitement, you finally arrive at the town of Amberglen in search of acclaimed adventurer/author Lucius Hawthorne. Now, you just need to actually find him.

With over 36k new words and five new vore scenes, Another Inner World Episode 5: The Hunt for Hawthorne is now available.

The updated game can be downloaded here.

Remember to export your save file from the previous version so you can pick up right where you left off.
Last edited by thecheese01 on Tue May 10, 2022 4:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
thecheese01
Been posting for a bit

Postby eleventh » Sun May 08, 2022 9:31 am

Well that was a reference I didn't expect to see. Suppose I should've known better, it was dark there after all.

Another great chapter. I'm really starting to look forward to these releases.
I really need to just post things without rewriting them dozens of times.
eleventh
Participator

Postby IdiotAI » Sun May 08, 2022 9:44 pm

I feel a need to give kudos to the authors of this wonderful story.

It is extremely rare that vore stories and text adventures have excellent writing, in most cases it isn't necessary as the focus is on vore itself and not the story or character development.
Which is why it's an a great breath of fresh air reading this story. The writing is witty and fun, the characters, at least the two main companions, are very well written and have excellent character design and character development even in the early story it's in now.
I love the way you write the main character as well. Most games tend to write the main character as blank as possible, preferring to leave their overall personality to the player. However the way you write the main character makes me more interested in the story. I love his witty remarks and I especially like the fact that you utilized the isekai aspect to make him ask questions that most people would ask themselves but that most characters do not.
Honestly in a lot of vore text adventures I find myself skipping a lot of the story because it simply isn't relevant. However, the way you write is just so genuinely good that I find myself at times more enjoying the downtime moments with good characterization more than the vore sections I downloaded this game for.
Vore has story and characterization implications that most stories either don't realize or don't write well enough. You capitalize on the unique character building it can offer which I commend you for.

I can tell that you two are authors that really care for what you write, and that you care for and are focused on the story of this game.
For that, I give you kudos.

Thanks for giving me a story I can smile to.
IdiotAI
New to the forum

Postby TuckingFypo » Wed May 11, 2022 4:08 am

Great update. Love how you handled the hunt.

Just 2 criticisms (whining).
1) The Mimic. You are given a choice to open it or ignore it, I wish it lead to two different outcomes instead of the same thing. Ignoring it plays as is, and opening it sees you eaten instead, possibly Mira as well when she tries to help before Vanille saves you both.
2) Shrunken. When you find the lewd pages, and you can ask about them, I was really thinking that it would end up with the game performing them. Disappointed a bit there, coupled of good missed opportunities (either both lethal, or 1 lethal and 1 rescued).

But as said at the start, loved the whole thing. Keep on charging forward.
TuckingFypo
Been posting for a bit

Postby Loverofhalo » Wed May 11, 2022 10:06 am

Really enjoyed the latest chapter, laughed out loud at a few points, the writing is fantastic.
Loverofhalo
New to the forum

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game