Dungeons and Digestion VN (On Hold Indefinitely)

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Dungeons and Digestion VN Demo

Postby Persona59523 » Wed Jan 05, 2022 1:46 am

Found another bug. Took up the orc camp clearing, spared the orc, and the scene after she(the captain) ran away, it crashes
Persona59523
Participator

Postby Datstrudel » Wed Jan 05, 2022 1:02 pm

Persona59523 wrote:Found another bug. Took up the orc camp clearing, spared the orc, and the scene after she(the captain) ran away, it crashes

I’ll take a look.

Persona59523 wrote:Okay, so I tried losing to the first enemy you could fight(which is the gobbo), and ran into a bug where female goblin swallow wasn't defined, or something like that. I think either typos, or just misplaced the file.

I fixed that, so it will be included in the next update. I’ll be dropping that later.
Datstrudel
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Reaverbot » Wed Jan 05, 2022 5:43 pm

I like the concept and the characters. The actual writing of the vore is a tad sparse but hopefully that'll fill out with more updates
Reaverbot
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Datstrudel » Wed Jan 05, 2022 7:03 pm

Reaverbot wrote:I like the concept and the characters. The actual writing of the vore is a tad sparse but hopefully that'll fill out with more updates

It’s sparse for combat because there will be many fights and I just copy and paste, then change up the script. It’s a bit tedious especially when there could likely be well over 30 - 50 fights or more.

The more fleshed out Vore scenes will come with the town exploring and the non-combat quests. Realistically, fleshing out each fight’s Vore scenes is just too much on me. Sorry if that’s a bummer, but fight enemies are basically generic presets that I’ve altered and posed identically. They don’t have much characterization. The better Vore scenes will be with the more fleshed out characters, like gmilf witch for example.

I hope this helps and answers your concerns.
Datstrudel
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby wariodude128 » Wed Jan 05, 2022 11:08 pm

Is there a chance you can add an additional image of you adding to whoever ate you? Because when I played before and lost to the goblin, I just saw an enlarged stomach and was disappointed. Especially when she taunted me by saying I should enjoy adding to her and it just went to game over. I know Kisekai can do such things, but if it's too much of an ask never mind.
wariodude128
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby KazuMin » Wed Jan 05, 2022 11:26 pm

This is a really good and cool game. Good luck on working on my my guy.
Hope things just get better and more fun ^^.
KazuMin
New to the forum

Postby Datstrudel » Thu Jan 06, 2022 1:03 am

wariodude128 wrote:Is there a chance you can add an additional image of you adding to whoever ate you? Because when I played before and lost to the goblin, I just saw an enlarged stomach and was disappointed. Especially when she taunted me by saying I should enjoy adding to her and it just went to game over. I know Kisekai can do such things, but if it's too much of an ask never mind.

Thats doable. It’s really just one more image per enemy type. Idk how soon it’ll be added, as I’m now finding more and more bugs. But I think some post player meal chub is easy lol.

KazuMin wrote:This is a really good and cool game. Good luck on working on my my guy.
Hope things just get better and more fun ^^.

Glad you like it!
Datstrudel
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Zond » Thu Jan 06, 2022 6:12 am

Hello, Happy New Year! thank you for game, I am waiting for the continuation of the project

I found a bug:
If you get eaten by bandits the game breaks down
Every time I try to increase my health the game breaks down
if you take the quest 2 times the game breaks
Sorry, I use translator >.<
Zond
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Datstrudel » Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:08 am

Zond wrote:Hello, Happy New Year! thank you for game, I am waiting for the continuation of the project

I found a bug:
If you get eaten by bandits the game breaks down
Every time I try to increase my health the game breaks down
if you take the quest 2 times the game breaks

I already have fixes for those. They will be in the next hotfix.
Datstrudel
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Untiming » Thu Jan 06, 2022 5:38 pm

Love the concept, fun little demo so far and excited to see more. Am I the only one who kinda just wants to be able to let Ray or one of the boys eat us in the real world? Maybe I'm too prey lol
Untiming
New to the forum

Postby Datstrudel » Thu Jan 06, 2022 7:27 pm

Untiming wrote:Love the concept, fun little demo so far and excited to see more. Am I the only one who kinda just wants to be able to let Ray or one of the boys eat us in the real world? Maybe I'm too prey lol

Have you checked out A Prey Girl in a Boy’s World? All my characters in this are in that one. So you can get eaten by a lot of them there.
viewtopic.php?f=79&t=61283
Datstrudel
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Seifens » Thu Jan 06, 2022 10:18 pm

I really like the use of the gaming club as a framing device, but that makes the fact that you get a game over when your character dies a bit odd. Maybe even just a short 'Aw, that's too bad. Roll up another character and we'll see you next week!' sort of ending would help bookend the whole gaming part of it. Honestly, I have lots of ideas about this but hesitate to present them since I have no idea what sort of direction you're looking to take things.

That said, if you're planning on emphasizing the mechanics/sandboxy stuff rather than doing a more cyoa style, there was an interesting game a while back called Knights of Pen and Paper that had a similar kind of setting tying the people playing the game into the characters and the gameplay itself which might bear looking into for inspiration.
Seifens
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Datstrudel » Thu Jan 06, 2022 10:47 pm

Seifens wrote:I really like the use of the gaming club as a framing device, but that makes the fact that you get a game over when your character dies a bit odd. Maybe even just a short 'Aw, that's too bad. Roll up another character and we'll see you next week!' sort of ending would help bookend the whole gaming part of it. Honestly, I have lots of ideas about this but hesitate to present them since I have no idea what sort of direction you're looking to take things.

That said, if you're planning on emphasizing the mechanics/sandboxy stuff rather than doing a more cyoa style, there was an interesting game a while back called Knights of Pen and Paper that had a similar kind of setting tying the people playing the game into the characters and the gameplay itself which might bear looking into for inspiration.

Knights of a pen and paper actually kind of is what I was going for.
You’re free to drop ideas here or even PM me, I don’t mind.

I’ll take your game over advice to heart though, it’s a good idea.
Datstrudel
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Datstrudel » Fri Jan 07, 2022 12:16 am

UPDATE:
New bug fix. I’ve done my best to fix the most glaring issues. If you find more let me know.
https://datstrudel.itch.io/dungeons-digestion
Datstrudel
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Diversity23 » Fri Jan 07, 2022 5:06 am

Hello again. The bunnygirl in belly frame issue is still here, although it ends after one/two scenes later. But this frame sometimes occures when traversing to Gutston as well as fighting Bandits before reaching Gutston. It's very random ^^'. Also, in Gutston's tavern, you can still click on the two quests you already did, instead of just having the option to leave (like in Burpsville) .I will post some screenshots below to showcase it.

And I found another error, this time occurring when you have 40 Health (after buying all Health upgrades at Gutston) and you try to buy an Health upgrade at Gulpland (for 10 coins) without having enough money (first error message).

And another one, when you try to upgrade your Health from 42 to 43 (second error message).

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/gulpland.rpy", line 357, in script
jump gulplandshop
ScriptError: could not find label 'gulplandshop'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
jump gulplandshop
File "renpy/ast.py", line 1711, in execute
rv = renpy.game.script.lookup(target)
File "renpy/script.py", line 910, in lookup
raise ScriptError("could not find label '%s'." % str(original))

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.4.1439
Dungeons and Digestion 1.02
Fri Jan 7 11:01:37 2022

While running game code:
File "game/gulpland.rpy", line 363, in script
jump gulplandshop

Full traceback:
jump gulplandshop

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.4.1439
Fri Jan 7 11:28:05 2022
Attachments
screenshot0001.png
screenshot0002.png
screenshot0003.png
screenshot0004.png
screenshot0005.png
screenshot0006.png
"Homo homini lupus est in natura, et homo homini deus est in civitate"
Diversity23
New to the forum

Postby Datstrudel » Fri Jan 07, 2022 8:49 am

Diversity23 wrote:Hello again. The bunnygirl in belly frame issue is still here, although it ends after one/two scenes later. But this frame sometimes occures when traversing to Gutston as well as fighting Bandits before reaching Gutston. It's very random ^^'. Also, in Gutston's tavern, you can still click on the two quests you already did, instead of just having the option to leave (like in Burpsville) .I will post some screenshots below to showcase it.

And I found another error, this time occurring when you have 40 Health (after buying all Health upgrades at Gutston) and you try to buy an Health upgrade at Gulpland (for 10 coins) without having enough money (first error message).

And another one, when you try to upgrade your Health from 42 to 43 (second error message).

While running game code:
jump gulplandshop

Full traceback:
jump gulplandshop

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.4.1439
Fri Jan 7 11:01:37 2022

While running game code:
jump gulplandshop

Full traceback:
jump gulplandshop

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.4.1439
Fri Jan 7 11:28:05 2022

Looks like I missed some. Alrighty, I’ll work on those.
Datstrudel
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Diversity23 » Fri Jan 07, 2022 10:04 am

Datstrudel wrote: Looks like I missed some. Alrighty, I’ll work on those.

The pleasure is mine ;p. By the way, it's a demo, so don't put too much pressure on yourself ^^.

I have some suggestions to improve your game, like having some repeatable quests (like kill bandits or Orcs), and some more unique quests (like the bunnygirl quest) with better rewards, to add some variety. Or having the choice to let one member of your party eat a foe we defeated (like let Ray or Conny eat the nth bandit I vanquished), so that we can have more interaction with them.

At the end of the day, you know what is achievable and what is not, so I completely trust you in that regard ;p
Diversity23
New to the forum

Postby Datstrudel » Fri Jan 07, 2022 11:35 am

Diversity23 wrote:
Datstrudel wrote: Looks like I missed some. Alrighty, I’ll work on those.

The pleasure is mine ;p. By the way, it's a demo, so don't put too much pressure on yourself ^^.

I have some suggestions to improve your game, like having some repeatable quests (like kill bandits or Orcs), and some more unique quests (like the bunnygirl quest) with better rewards, to add some variety. Or having the choice to let one member of your party eat a foe we defeated (like let Ray or Conny eat the nth bandit I vanquished), so that we can have more interaction with them.

At the end of the day, you know what is achievable and what is not, so I completely trust you in that regard ;p

Well, for example, the Orc Captain fight allows you to choose who eats her. So only quest fights will have that option. If every fight had it, well, it would be a bit much as of scripting it. Especially if we want unique dialogue.

But I’m happy to take quest suggestions, just PM me if you have some.

And for repeatable quests, well, I basically plan on having a lot of similar quests, but having wholly infinitely repeatable quests may be a bit difficult. The best I could do is have a final one that repeats, but I’m not sure if that would be good. There will be some trial and error with that.
Datstrudel
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Diversity23 » Fri Jan 07, 2022 1:51 pm

Datstrudel wrote: Well, for example, the Orc Captain fight allows you to choose who eats her. So only quest fights will have that option. If every fight had it, well, it would be a bit much as of scripting it. Especially if we want unique dialogue.

That quest fight is exactly what made me think “Hey, it would be pretty neat to have more end quest choices like this ^^”. So given what you said in your reply, I'm looking forward to making those choices in the final game ;).

Datstrudel wrote:And for repeatable quests, well, I basically plan on having a lot of similar quests, but having wholly infinitely repeatable quests may be a bit difficult. The best I could do is have a final one that repeats, but I’m not sure if that would be good. There will be some trial and error with that.

All power to you, as long as we can eat more puny preys :D
Diversity23
New to the forum

Postby Untiming » Sun Jan 09, 2022 11:56 pm

Datstrudel wrote:
Untiming wrote:Love the concept, fun little demo so far and excited to see more. Am I the only one who kinda just wants to be able to let Ray or one of the boys eat us in the real world? Maybe I'm too prey lol

Have you checked out A Prey Girl in a Boy’s World? All my characters in this are in that one. So you can get eaten by a lot of them there.
viewtopic.php?f=79&t=61283

I had not, but have now and that's a lot of fun too so now I have more things to look forward to
Untiming
New to the forum

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game