Dungeons and Digestion VN (On Hold Indefinitely)

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Dungeons and Digestion VN Demo

Postby Krunchlesnitchles » Mon Jan 03, 2022 4:09 pm

Hey would it be possible in the next update to be able to eat the barmaids or eat one of your party and thus also gulp there character irl?
Krunchlesnitchles
Somewhat familiar

Postby Datstrudel » Mon Jan 03, 2022 4:16 pm

Krunchlesnitchles wrote:Hey would it be possible in the next update to be able to eat the barmaids or eat one of your party and thus also gulp there character irl?

Barmaids are a definitely a possibility. I just need to make sure it won't break quests to do so.
For party members, it won't be so easy. It may be something that happens at the end of the main story.
Datstrudel
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Susuko » Mon Jan 03, 2022 4:48 pm

Also add the other bunny girls that eager to be vored and digested if it's possible.
Susuko
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby vore2412 » Mon Jan 03, 2022 4:57 pm

Well, the game seems fun so far, but there are a lot of errors to sort out. One of the main one is vore after being beaten, it gives an error already posted on this thread I think, there is one when buying HP as well. Still fun, think I've found all the scenes already.
vore2412
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Datstrudel » Mon Jan 03, 2022 6:41 pm

Susuko wrote:Also add the other bunny girls that eager to be vored and digested if it's possible.

That’s the plan. It will be the first side quest I focuses on since it’s easy.

vore2412 wrote:Well, the game seems fun so far, but there are a lot of errors to sort out. One of the main one is vore after being beaten, it gives an error already posted on this thread I think, there is one when buying HP as well. Still fun, think I've found all the scenes already.

If you could send any error codes you find to me, I can quickly locate and address the issues.
I’d greatly appreciate that.
The game is bound to be buggy due to the mess of code that there is to make the battle system work.
Datstrudel
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby umakeisee » Mon Jan 03, 2022 8:07 pm

Found a glitch with the Rogue. Sneak Attack always says Add a 6 bonus, but only does 1 extra point.
Artist previously known as yourface5672.
umakeisee
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby NightRoller » Mon Jan 03, 2022 8:21 pm

As an aspiring game (idea) developer and established writer, I'm curious enough about this take on combat (and a vore tale) and I want to see how the DnD-ish parts are implemented. Commenting to bookmark.
We live in a culture of addictions. What's yours?
NightRoller
Somewhat familiar

Postby umakeisee » Mon Jan 03, 2022 8:25 pm

In Gutston, there's probably a typo on line 449. maxehealth isn't defined, but maxhealth probably is. :lol:
umakeisee
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby wariodude128 » Mon Jan 03, 2022 8:52 pm

Ok, so, this might be a weird ask, but is there a chance you could add a surrender or give up option during combat? Because I just started as a fighter and don't know how much damage I'll do to the goblin so I'm just guarding and hoping my guard will stop being so successful. Plus, as a game featuring vore, I'd like to be able to skip the fighting to get to the good stuff at least once. Then, after loading, fight again "for real".
wariodude128
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby wariodude128 » Mon Jan 03, 2022 9:01 pm

wariodude128 wrote:Ok, so, this might be a weird ask, but is there a chance you could add a surrender or give up option during combat? Because I just started as a fighter and don't know how much damage I'll do to the goblin so I'm just guarding and hoping my guard will stop being so successful. Plus, as a game featuring vore, I'd like to be able to skip the fighting to get to the good stuff at least once. Then, after loading, fight again "for real".

Never mind, it was the tutorial enemy that didn't have the option. When the actual game started, the chance to surrender appeared. That said, I'm a little disappointed there are no weight gain images available for when you get eaten. Was checking the images sub-folder and found a lot of enlarged stomachs but that was it. If the goblin tells you to enjoy making her boobs bigger, then game gods dammit I want to see what I did. Good thing this game is in development so such a thing can be added in an update, isn't it?
wariodude128
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Datstrudel » Mon Jan 03, 2022 9:07 pm

umakeisee wrote:Found a glitch with the Rogue. Sneak Attack always says Add a 6 bonus, but only does 1 extra point.

I’ll take a look.

umakeisee wrote:In Gutston, there's probably a typo on line 449. maxehealth isn't defined, but maxhealth probably is. :lol:

I’m so bad about typos. I’ll take a look.

NightRoller wrote:As an aspiring game (idea) developer and established writer, I'm curious enough about this take on combat (and a vore tale) and I want to see how the DnD-ish parts are implemented. Commenting to bookmark.

PM me, I’m able to explain some stuff if you want. I graduated for game design, so I could probably help you with that in general, not just with Vore content if you want :D
Datstrudel
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby umakeisee » Tue Jan 04, 2022 2:51 am

How is Rogue's Sneak Attack supposed to work?

Edit: I assume you get an Agility modifier bonus to damage, given the value it's pulling for the dialogue. It's set up for $ enemyhealth -= strength. So, I think that's a problem with sneak attack in general.

Edit 2: I also noticed two characters, Filly and Gut Slut, had f for their dialogue value, which is why Filly's name is Gut Slut. I just changed the bunny's to gs.
Last edited by umakeisee on Tue Jan 04, 2022 3:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
umakeisee
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby umakeisee » Tue Jan 04, 2022 3:38 am

This is a really well made project. I only saw a few things I wanted to give advice on.

To make your life easier, a value in [brackets] will act the same as %(this) thing you got going on. It will also highlight the value light blue in Atom, so it's easier to find.

Using scene before a background or image will clear everything on screen instead of having to using hide on every image.

You can also have a value as a name. For example, I took define e = Character("You]") and made it define e = Character("[player_name]"). Now, the player's name will be displayed.

This last one is just for my own sanity, but I made the unavailable map options dependent on a value. So, in the code, it's "Town" if nottesting:. That will make it so any menu option you want for later, but don't have any content for, won't appear if nottesting = False. This makes it the four available options instead of all of them.

Otherwise, this is a solid RPG system base that shouldn't be too hard to expand into a more in depth game. I'm kicking myself for making my RenPy fighting system so complex. Yeah, it makes each fight unique, but it takes so long to code.
umakeisee
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby viral31 » Tue Jan 04, 2022 5:00 am

Im kind of confused? Did i miss something with charlie?
viral31
Been posting for a bit

Postby Diversity23 » Tue Jan 04, 2022 7:39 am

Hello Datstrudel, I have errors to report to you ^^. The first one is about Kai's quest, with the bunny girl. After he ate her, the frame of her being in his belly is still there, even when she got digested. This image being freezed also happens when you devour a defeated foe as well. The second error is about the Health upgrade, when purchasing the Health upgrade makes the following text appears. Meanwhile, I'm really enjoying this game as much as I've enjoyed A Prey Girl in a Boy's World :D

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/gutston.rpy", line 449, in script
if maxehealth == 40:
File "game/gutston.rpy", line 449, in <module>
if maxehealth == 40:
NameError: name 'maxehealth' is not defined

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
if maxehealth == 40:
File "renpy/ast.py", line 1852, in execute
if renpy.python.py_eval(condition):
File "renpy/python.py", line 2249, in py_eval
return py_eval_bytecode(code, globals, locals)
File "renpy/python.py", line 2242, in py_eval_bytecode
return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)
if maxehealth == 40:

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.4.1439
Dungeons and Digestion 1.01
Tue Jan 4 13:41:42 2022
"Homo homini lupus est in natura, et homo homini deus est in civitate"
Diversity23
New to the forum

Postby Datstrudel » Tue Jan 04, 2022 8:19 am

umakeisee wrote:How is Rogue's Sneak Attack supposed to work?

Edit: I assume you get an Agility modifier bonus to damage, given the value it's pulling for the dialogue. It's set up for $ enemyhealth -= strength. So, I think that's a problem with sneak attack in general.

Edit 2: I also noticed two characters, Filly and Gut Slut, had f for their dialogue value, which is why Filly's name is Gut Slut. I just changed the bunny's to gs.

The battle system is very buggy. I’ll work with the rogue to see if I can fix it.

umakeisee wrote:This is a really well made project. I only saw a few things I wanted to give advice on.

To make your life easier, a value in [brackets] will act the same as %(this) thing you got going on. It will also highlight the value light blue in Atom, so it's easier to find.

Using scene before a background or image will clear everything on screen instead of having to using hide on every image.

You can also have a value as a name. For example, I took define e = Character("You]") and made it define e = Character("[player_name]"). Now, the player's name will be displayed.

This last one is just for my own sanity, but I made the unavailable map options dependent on a value. So, in the code, it's "Town" if nottesting:. That will make it so any menu option you want for later, but don't have any content for, won't appear if nottesting = False. This makes it the four available options instead of all of them.

Otherwise, this is a solid RPG system base that shouldn't be too hard to expand into a more in depth game. I'm kicking myself for making my RenPy fighting system so complex. Yeah, it makes each fight unique, but it takes so long to code.

The only reason I used Renpy is because the Sprites were hard to deal with in RPG maker, which I found a solution for. But I’ve done this much, so it’s staying in Renpy. I’ll take your suggestions into account moving forward. Thanks.

viral31 wrote:Im kind of confused? Did i miss something with charlie?

What do you mean? If you mean the major change, it hasn’t happened in A Prey Girl in a Boy’s World. It’s something that happens between games and I probably won’t ever do a bit for it. If that’s not what you’re asking, I’m not sure.

Diversity23 wrote:Hello Datstrudel, I have errors to report to you ^^. The first one is about Kai's quest, with the bunny girl. After he ate her, the frame of her being in his belly is still there, even when she got digested. This image being freezed also happens when you devour a defeated foe as well. The second error is about the Health upgrade, when purchasing the Health upgrade makes the following text appears. Meanwhile, I'm really enjoying this game as much as I've enjoyed A Prey Girl in a Boy's World :D

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
if maxehealth == 40:
if maxehealth == 40:

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
if maxehealth == 40:
File "renpy/ast.py", line 1852, in execute
if renpy.python.py_eval(condition):
File "renpy/python.py", line 2249, in py_eval
return py_eval_bytecode(code, globals, locals)
File "renpy/python.py", line 2242, in py_eval_bytecode
return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)
if maxehealth == 40:

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.4.1439
Dungeons and Digestion 1.01
Tue Jan 4 13:41:42 2022

Thanks for pointing these out! I’ll get to work on fixing them.
Datstrudel
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby ForggotenPrey » Tue Jan 04, 2022 2:09 pm

Can at some point we get eaten/digested by our party members? also at some point can we get digested by the barmaids?
ForggotenPrey
Been posting for a bit

Postby Datstrudel » Tue Jan 04, 2022 7:28 pm

ForggotenPrey wrote:Can at some point we get eaten/digested by our party members? also at some point can we get digested by the barmaids?

Maybe during the explore towns bits for party members, or for certain criteria. I could put a condition that if you get drunk enough times, you get digested by the barmaids.
Datstrudel
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Datstrudel » Tue Jan 04, 2022 9:22 pm

Bug fixes are being worked on as we speak!
Exceptions in combat have been mostly fixed I think.
Rogue class is fixed.
Max health in shop is fixed.
If you find anything else, let me know. New bugdate will be up once I have gotten everything you guys have pointed out to me.
Datstrudel
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Persona59523 » Wed Jan 05, 2022 1:43 am

Okay, so I tried losing to the first enemy you could fight(which is the gobbo), and ran into a bug where female goblin swallow wasn't defined, or something like that. I think either typos, or just misplaced the file.
Persona59523
Participator

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game