[QUEST] Blueberry in Myto City CANCELLED

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

[QUEST] Blueberry in Myto City CANCELLED

Postby Brpdchainsaw » Tue Nov 23, 2021 1:42 pm

I AM NO LONGER WORKING ON THIS... sorry.

Say hello to Blueberry the Slime, the third character to join the Brpdchainsaw Expanded Universe (I'm making that a thing and you can't stop me).
Travel around the chaotic and sometimes bizarre Myto City and show the citizens who's the apex predator around here.
The Link --> https://textadventures.co.uk/games/view/_gcok9hgjeukbvt6t5yepg/blueberry-in-myto-city-0-2-2
WARNING: This doesn't work on mobile, play it on desktop for the true Blueberry experience.

SYNOPSIS:
You are Blueberry the Slime, a carefree young blob who's spent her whole life living in the Slime Colony under Myto City.
You spend your days lounging around and eating whatever you can fit in your mouth, while trying to avoid being eaten by larger Slimes.
Today however, you were awoken and told that you have a special task ahead of you, it's time to go and be the best Slime you can be!

Our Slimy Hero!
INSTRUCTIONS:
Spoiler: show

The Game world will be broken up into 5 main areas, each of these areas will have a leader or "Boss" who Blueberry has to devour so she can take their Titles
The Slime Colony - Strawberry Mama
The Mutant Kingdom - Adapo the Mutant Queen
The Suburbs - Pillar of the Community Mrs. Amanda Murphy
The Entertainment District - The Grand Champion
Once Blueberry has eaten the 4 leaders she'll gain access to the final area...
The City Hall - The Mayor of Myto City
Devouring the Mayor and taking over the city will win the game and trigger the (normal) ending.

Blueberry can eat anything smaller than she is to grow larger, one fifth of the weight she eats will be converted directly into mass.
Blueberry's minimum size is 30kgs, she won't grow any smaller no matter what you do.
Her maximum size is 1000kgs.
Trying to eat creatures larger than you might be dangerous, use the Look function to check if they're hungry or not.
There are a few secrets hidden here and there so look out for them.

If you encounter any dead-end that mentions "Chainsaws" it means that I haven't written anything for this area yet and it will be added in a future update.

Changelog/Future Updates
23/11/21 V0.1.0 Initial release
06/01/22 V0.1.1 Winterfest (Christmas) Event added, some work on the hallways, screen cleaner added to inventory
14/02/22 V0.1.2 Finished Hallways, added portraits for Unique NPC's (Strawberry, Dr. Fine etc), minor changes to layout.
15/07/22 V0.2.0 Began work on Mutant Kingdom, Added Maybel's Farm, redo of Talk option for NPC's, added portraits to Check Your Body option, Added "Safety Jars"
17/10/22 V0.2.1 Added Medium Mutants, New portraits for Strawberry + Dr. Fine
07/01/23 V0.2.2 Added Large Mutants, New portraits for various characters

Soon to come (the next 5 steps)
Queen Adapo
Dr. Fine's training
Mouse Kigdom Rework
Begin Overworld
Haven't planned that far yet :P

Future Plans

Overworld
-City Centre/City Hall
--Myto City Girl's School
--Second-hand Game Store (+FBI)
-Suburbs
--Citizen's Homes
--Goblin Cafe
-Entertainment District
--The Arena
--Failing Smoothie Store
--Goblin Strip Club

Bonus Areas (detached from the main world and not entirely canon)
-Holiday Events
--Chocolate Day (easter)
--All Spooks Eve (Halloween)

RULES FOR SUGGESTIONS
As with my previous adventure Hungry Quest 3, I'm open for suggestions about what you want to see in Myto City.
There will be a few basic rules to make sure your ideas can make it into the game.

1. Don't interfere with the main quest. I want to keep the "story" of Blueberry pretty straightforward, you eat the regional Rulers and take over the city (or get the secret ending).
2. Nothing too complicated. A simple side area or a couple of NPCs is fine, maybe even a short mission to go on, don't expect a full narrative or anything.
3. Keep within the laws of the world. Myto City is a place where everyone eats everyone else but it does have limits, a human can't eat 50 other humans no matter how hard they try.
4. Pictures. If you want your suggested NPC to have a portrait then feel free to PM one over with the details of the character, images should be about 1000x1000px.
5. Your NPC will be edible. I don't care if your OC is the apex predator of their world, they're just another snack in Myto City!

Now also on the Weight Gaming Forum --> https://forum.weightgaming.com/t/blueberry-in-myto-city-text-adventure-0-2-1/24137
Last edited by Brpdchainsaw on Sun Feb 26, 2023 8:06 am, edited 20 times in total.
The Great Chaos Demon and Author of this Madness.
Brpdchainsaw
Somewhat familiar

Re: [QUEST] Blueberry in Myto City 0.1.0 23/11/2021

Postby EmilyNidhoggr » Tue Nov 23, 2021 2:11 pm

Gosh dang, you've done it again.
You make the best Quest games.
EmilyNidhoggr
Participator

Postby ElyBlanche » Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:07 pm

Sounds like a bunch of fun! I have sometime to fool with after I'm finished with work tonight.
ElyBlanche
Been posting for a bit

Postby umakeisee » Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:24 pm

I tried it out, but kept having to restart because Quest won't save progress and randomly stops responding. Would it be possible to add a starting wright option to avoid this issue?
Artist previously known as yourface5672.
umakeisee
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Brpdchainsaw » Wed Nov 24, 2021 2:54 am

EmilyNidhoggr wrote:Gosh dang, you've done it again.
You make the best Quest games.

I try :-D

ElyBlanche wrote:Sounds like a bunch of fun! I have sometime to fool with after I'm finished with work tonight.

Hope you enjoy(ed) it!

umakeisee wrote:I tried it out, but kept having to restart because Quest won't save progress and randomly stops responding. Would it be possible to add a starting wright option to avoid this issue?

I'm guessing you meant weight and not wright, I had a special debug item called super food that I used while testing the game but I made it inaccessible for the release.
I just made it available again though, it's in Strawberry's chamber and each time you eat from it it will make Blueberry 100kgs heavier.
That should help if you have anymore troubles.
Last edited by Brpdchainsaw on Wed Nov 24, 2021 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Brpdchainsaw
Somewhat familiar

Postby umakeisee » Wed Nov 24, 2021 3:08 am

Yeah, I meant weight. Thanks for the help! I was really enjoying it, so I'm glad I won't have to start from 35 if it stops responding again.
umakeisee
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby SephirothTheLegend » Wed Nov 24, 2021 6:09 am

For just a 0.01, this is amazing. Definitely excited to see what lies beyond for Blueberry. A small slime going on to consume the world sounds fun :D
SephirothTheLegend
Been posting for a bit

Postby Susuko » Wed Nov 24, 2021 6:28 am

I would like to see that and maybe eat her fellow slime as well.
Susuko
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby ElyBlanche » Wed Nov 24, 2021 10:12 am

Brpdchainsaw wrote:
ElyBlanche wrote:Sounds like a bunch of fun! I have sometime to fool with after I'm finished with work tonight.

How you enjoy(ed) it!

Oh, I loved the game honestly. There was so much unique dialogue that it was almost nauseating to think about writing it all lmao. Also, I didn't realize that the game was unfinished going in, so I'm not sure if I missed anything major. All I know that I missed was whatever the mouse army has to give you (On a count of eating them for minimal increase in weight :P). My favorites were probably the white slime interactions. Very cute stuff.

One issue that I noticed was that the Big Green Slimes didn't add to your weight when you ate them as Mama Blue. I don't know if that status has anything to do with it though, could just be when you're so big.

Honestly, as much as I'm sure you have no desire to take on more writers, I'd love to help with this going forward! I've always wanted to write for a game like this.
ElyBlanche
Been posting for a bit

Postby Brpdchainsaw » Wed Nov 24, 2021 11:42 am

SephirothTheLegend wrote:For just a 0.01, this is amazing. Definitely excited to see what lies beyond for Blueberry. A small slime going on to consume the world sounds fun :D

Thanks, I wanted to make sure I had a decent amount of content before the first release, future updates will probably be smaller but won't take as long to make.

ElyBlanche wrote:Oh, I loved the game honestly. There was so much unique dialogue that it was almost nauseating to think about writing it all lmao. Also, I didn't realize that the game was unfinished going in, so I'm not sure if I missed anything major. All I know that I missed was whatever the mouse army has to give you (On a count of eating them for minimal increase in weight :P). My favorites were probably the white slime interactions. Very cute stuff.

One issue that I noticed was that the Big Green Slimes didn't add to your weight when you ate them as Mama Blue. I don't know if that status has anything to do with it though, could just be when you're so big.

Honestly, as much as I'm sure you have no desire to take on more writers, I'd love to help with this going forward! I've always wanted to write for a game like this.

Glad you're enjoying yourself, all you get from the mouse army is a title depending on if you helped them or not before eating them.
There should be more little side areas like that in the future that offer side quests to get extra titles.

I'm looking through the code for the Big Green Slime but I can't see anything that would cause you to not gain weight if you successfully eat her, unless you already hit the max at 1000. If you encounter the bug again can you send me the exact text that comes up with it?

I'm afraid that this is a solo project, I've got plenty of free time so I can work on this and Hungry Quest without too much issue.
If you want to work on a game then why not just make your own, they aren't too difficult and there's plenty of writers who would probably help you if you can't figure anything out.
Brpdchainsaw
Somewhat familiar

Postby ElyBlanche » Wed Nov 24, 2021 4:28 pm

Brpdchainsaw wrote:
ElyBlanche wrote:Oh, I loved the game honestly. There was so much unique dialogue that it was almost nauseating to think about writing it all lmao. Also, I didn't realize that the game was unfinished going in, so I'm not sure if I missed anything major. All I know that I missed was whatever the mouse army has to give you (On a count of eating them for minimal increase in weight :P). My favorites were probably the white slime interactions. Very cute stuff.

Glad you're enjoying yourself, all you get from the mouse army is a title depending on if you helped them or not before eating them.
There should be more little side areas like that in the future that offer side quests to get extra titles.

I'm looking through the code for the Big Green Slime but I can't see anything that would cause you to not gain weight if you successfully eat her, unless you already hit the max at 1000. If you encounter the bug again can you send me the exact text that comes up with it?

I'm afraid that this is a solo project, I've got plenty of free time so I can work on this and Hungry Quest without too much issue.
If you want to work on a game then why not just make your own, they aren't too difficult and there's plenty of writers who would probably help you if you can't figure anything out.

Huh, weird. Must've been my imagination with the Big Green Slime thing lol.

Ah, that's fair. I've wanted to try but I'm just so inept at coding. I'd rather find a person who can code but can't write in this case lol. I wish you well on your game-dev stuff. I'll be keeping an eye on this project as I thoroughly enjoyed myself with what was already here. I just hope I get to fuck and eat the doc later uwu. Her fate is as slime pudge.
ElyBlanche
Been posting for a bit

Postby Booner » Sat Dec 11, 2021 9:31 am

Love it so far, great work!
Booner
New to the forum

Postby Slayerhero90 » Thu Dec 16, 2021 4:27 pm

pretty good!
Slayerhero90
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Brpdchainsaw » Fri Dec 17, 2021 10:28 am

Booner wrote:Love it so far, great work!

Slayerhero90 wrote:pretty good!

Thanks, both of you!
Brpdchainsaw
Somewhat familiar

Postby Zond » Tue Dec 21, 2021 6:56 am

it was funny, often the game freezes like almost all quest games, I don't know why...
Nearby update?
Sorry, I use translator >.<
Zond
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Brpdchainsaw » Tue Dec 21, 2021 10:37 am

Zond wrote:it was funny, often the game freezes like almost all quest games, I don't know why...
Nearby update?

The freezing is a problem with the Text Adventures site, downloading the game and playing off of Quest will prevent that.
Update might be a while, Hungry Quest 3 is still my priority so work on Blueberry is going a little slowly right now.
Brpdchainsaw
Somewhat familiar

Re: [QUEST] Blueberry in Myto City 0.1.1 06/01/2022

Postby Brpdchainsaw » Thu Jan 06, 2022 11:27 am

Version 0.1.1 is here.
You can now start the Winterfest event from Blueberry's room (Start the game, go south, southwest, west. Must be under 35kgs to get in)
Interact with the Holiday Stuff to start the event.
This is a short side area that details Blueberry's journey to the North Pole, use the End Holiday item in your inventory to return home.

I also added a Screen Cleaner item to Blueberry's inventory, use this if things are getting too cluttered.

Finally, the hallways are still a work in progress, one of the Slimes is done and the hidden character is half done (have Blueberry lose weight to meet her).

Hope you all enjoy and please tell me if you encounter any glitches or bugs.

(Also, I think the Quest writer updated so the game's file size is now smaller than it was before, even though the game itself is bigger... weird)
Brpdchainsaw
Somewhat familiar

Re: [QUEST] Blueberry in Myto City 0.1.2 14/02/2022

Postby Brpdchainsaw » Mon Feb 14, 2022 11:09 am

Happy Valentine's Day vore fans!
Because I love you all so much, I've decided to gift you a Blueberry Update!
This means that the Slime Colony is done (for now) and work can begin on the next areas of Myto City.

One thing I should mention.
I class every NPC in this story under one of three categories.
Generic - can be eaten. IE Small Green Slime / Medium Black Slime
Special - can be eaten or fucked, slightly rarer. IE Slime Boy / Thief Slime
Unique - Can be eaten/fucked/talked to, disappears for good once digested, has a profile picture as of V0.1.2. IE Strawberry / Dr. Fine

To preserve my sanity, Generic NPCs will have a few less scenes when you eat them
instead of writing a full set of 13 scenes (not including variations such as them escaping or reacting to your titles)
they will have about 6 or so scenes for when Blueberry is close to their size but then only one scene for if you're much bigger/smaller than them (and one when you're at max size).
This is still 9 scenes total but considering how many Generics I'll be writing, it'll add up.
Special and Unique NPCs will still receive the full set

Finally, there's a new secret to be found in the hallways which lead to a preview of a sidequest that will be added much later in development.
Have fun!
Brpdchainsaw
Somewhat familiar

Postby umakeisee » Mon Feb 14, 2022 1:25 pm

I just started working with Quest. How do you shrink the map size?

Edit: I'm blind. It's right there under the map option.
umakeisee
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Brpdchainsaw » Tue Feb 15, 2022 7:33 am

umakeisee wrote:I just started working with Quest. How do you shrink the map size?

Edit: I'm blind. It's right there under the map option.

:lol: Glad I could be of assistance :lol:
Feel free to ask if you have any other problems.
Brpdchainsaw
Somewhat familiar

Next

Return to Vore game