Voraciousness 1.21 (Mods for the Pathfinder cRPGs)

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Voraciousness 1.04a (Mods for the Pathfinder cRPGs)

Postby Dragonvorelover135 » Thu Oct 14, 2021 9:31 am

In terms of Wrath of Righteous would it be possible to mod in visual bellies for monsters/creatures/animals that fall in line with same-size or other more sizable differences?

How would one go about adding that kind of visual feature in if so?
Dragonvorelover135
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Dunn2183 » Thu Oct 14, 2021 10:17 am

It's a matter of how the owlcat games handles units as far as I can tell: basically any playable character race + companion races (so Goblins in Kingmaker, Succubi and Incubi in Wrath of the Righteous) have support and use skeleton-based models (that have specific bits that can be modified), other units get a more static model that are all or nothing when it comes to modifications of them, as far as I can tell.

In theory there's ways to deal with that, although thinking off the top of my head: someone who is decent at modelling (because I am complete pants at stuff that isn't messing around with programs) figures out how to make a compatible enough model, then it's making a blueprint for it that works correctly because the C# side of things needs a way to see the skeleton, then it's making sure it can actually work in game, then it's making sure that nothing breaks too hard from the model swap etc etc.
Dunn2183
Somewhat familiar

Postby Angery » Fri Oct 15, 2021 12:33 am

One way to do it could be like the old way the Devourment mod did it, where you basically attach a seperate belly mesh to an anchor point on the model/skeleton and presumably then have it deform/animate with struggle bumps. The other way is just flat out adding a deformable belly mesh to those models that's called on to expand when the game registers they've swallowed something, as the way the most recent iteration of devourment do. Zero clue how complicated this would be to implement especially with nothing like CBBE to pattern off of, really what the mod could use right now are sounds.
what?
Angery
Been posting for a bit

Re: Voraciousness 1.05 (Mods for the Pathfinder cRPGs)

Postby Dunn2183 » Sun Oct 17, 2021 3:20 pm

Another small-ish update, this time for both versions. Added a new mod option re: what's allowed for swallow whole attempts after getting a request about it + fixed how the mod handles correcting units not having visual modifications when they should've or units having visual modifications when they shouldn't. When combined with AI Can Use Devour, the previous version could sometimes end in random characters getting affected by the mod. And sometimes resulted in bizarre results that I can only assume is because Unity really does not like unhandled null reference exceptions.

Lifting an island-sized chunk of ground into the sky gets a biiiit less mythically awe-inspiring when that bug struck several prominent characters on my end. Guess it's a good thing I caught it first, at least judging from no prior reports on here?

(Also for Wrath of the Righteous, got around to fixing the sound notification for successful swallow attempts, so it should be more obvious if a friendly character has been suddenly eaten in battle if you're using real time mode)
Dunn2183
Somewhat familiar

Re: Voraciousness 1.06 (Mods for the Pathfinder cRPGs)

Postby Dunn2183 » Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:41 pm

Double posting for both another small update: added additional null checks (thanks city of Alushinyrra for getting me to stress test that some more) and shifted over to use a unit's uniqueId entirely for visual stomach tracking instead of characterName after I ran into the obvious scenario of "what if two units of the same type both swallowed a unit". Best installed when nothing's going on with the mod when you last saved....

And also to give a bit of a heads up: Owlcat's now testing a roughly 14GB~ 1.1 update for Wrath of the Righteous that they mention will be touching a lot of things in the game, so I would be prepared for temporary mod breakage.

Next update after that patch will likely be a bit bigger now that I have a better grasp of the game plays out at the higher end: likely going have a balance pass for some spells and the mythic feats now that I'm aware of how low some of the numbers can be at that point. Also some additional adjustment to enemies that can either have the spells or relevant feats too. (Especially since apparently 1.1's buffing some fights that were considered too easy like the final one against Areelu)
Dunn2183
Somewhat familiar

Re: Voraciousness 1.07 (Mods for the Pathfinder cRPGs)

Postby Masxohn » Tue Oct 26, 2021 3:45 am

Unsure if it's intentional or a bug.
After using Dimensional Devour on your teammates/companions it'll only proc once and deposit said teammate/companion at your characters feet regardless of success or failure of relevant check, casting it on them a 2nd time results in no proc or check and them just being deposited at your characters feet, this happens off and on IE: 1st-procs ,2nd-nothing ,3rd-procs ,4th-nothing etc.
Masxohn
Participator

Postby Dunn2183 » Wed Oct 27, 2021 11:13 pm

Masxohn wrote:Unsure if it's intentional or a bug.
After using Dimensional Devour on your teammates/companions it'll only proc once and deposit said teammate/companion at your characters feet regardless of success or failure of relevant check, casting it on them a 2nd time results in no proc or check and them just being deposited at your characters feet, this happens off and on IE: 1st-procs ,2nd-nothing ,3rd-procs ,4th-nothing etc.

That's intentional outside of combat: I ran into some interesting behaviour with how the base game swallow whole code acts and thought it would be best to avoid tripping that just in case it causes problems later down the line.

On a different note, the 1.1 patch for WotR came out a bit faster than I thought it would, so I got a beta version of the mod ready to be stress tested. Since so far I've had the time to only make sure the game doesn't crash when you start a new game with it enabled.

Basic rundown of changes:

1) Healing Devour spells now heals damage using character level bonus in addition to the dice-based heals so some of the spell tiers feel less "why would I use this" in later sections of the game
2) Dimension Devour spells at the normal and greater end have more penalties for swallowed targets
3) Dimension Devour and Devouring Shout spells are now paired as "movement impairing", so buff spells like freedom of movement should provide immunity ala how freedom of movement provides immunity to grapple checks.
4) Mythic Abilities got more substantial adjustments:
    Ravenous Acids - healing or damage from stomach acids gets +1 per character level, in addition to whatever bonus like that may exist. Stat and combat maneuver penalties are also doubled on a unit with this feat.
    Digestive Healing - This is now 1d8 + half your character level per round while an enemy is successfully swallowed. # of dice rolled also scales with half of your character level. This one I think is overtuned and will likely nerf when I release the update proper.
5) Added both a new normal feat and a new mythic feat, Escape Artist and Escape Artist (Mythic). The former provides +5 bonuses for defending and attempting grapples, and increases by +5 for every four character levels. The latter provides the same level of bonus, but for each mythic rank. Basically to make either grapples easier to accomplish if you have a character going that route or to make it much more doable to escape from particular enemies.
6) A few more bosses are now affected by AICanUseDevour, and also adjusted what level of spells enemies have to both compensate for the spell buffs and also because some enemies would prove to be brutal with having access to the bite -> grapple -> swallow feat vs having to use a spell that I can control the rate of usage for.
Attachments
Voraciousness.zip
(65.41 KiB) Downloaded 60 times
Dunn2183
Somewhat familiar

Postby Masxohn » Thu Oct 28, 2021 1:44 am

Dunn2183 wrote:That's intentional outside of combat: I ran into some interesting behaviour with how the base game swallow whole code acts and thought it would be best to avoid tripping that just in case it causes problems later down the line.

Curious as to what the interesting behavior is exactly and what does tripping it potentially cause? Depending on what it is exactly I could go and test it for you, although it might take a while. Also in what section of the dll is it located in for future reference if I want to disable/enable it at my own risk?
Masxohn
Participator

Postby Dunn2183 » Fri Oct 29, 2021 6:50 pm

Masxohn wrote:
Dunn2183 wrote:That's intentional outside of combat: I ran into some interesting behaviour with how the base game swallow whole code acts and thought it would be best to avoid tripping that just in case it causes problems later down the line.

Curious as to what the interesting behavior is exactly and what does tripping it potentially cause? Depending on what it is exactly I could go and test it for you, although it might take a while. Also in what section of the dll is it located in for future reference if I want to disable/enable it at my own risk?

It's one of the emergency outs in the spitupbones class in the Prefix method. What I specifically experienced was that normally, the game processes stuff that does damage/healing on a regular, 6 in-game seconds basis because 6 in-game seconds is what equals a round for the implementation of the Pathfinder ruleset. So stuff like poison or fast healing works when you expect it to and what not.

However when I was first testing the mod, sometimes the game would freak out with devour damage outside of combat when it was friendly on friendly, and I would get to see the damage log suddenly explode as the game tried resolving damage events at a much more rapid pace (e.g instead of 3 damage events over 18 seconds, it was something like 30 damage events over 6 seconds.)

In theory it was still fine when the situation finally resolved with a successful escape attempt, but the 6 seconds = one round thing is a pretty fundamental rule as to how the game works so I figured it was to best avoid proc'ing the issue in the first place than find out what happens when that bug occurs when the game needs the ruleset working 100% as intended.

(Plus it also helps avoid potential cutscene issues if a cutscene after combat needs a particular character to do something before it'll return control to the player)

Also, here's a hotfix for the test version of the mod, since I realized I messed something up when adjusting some of the feats that break rage power selection for the various classes that utilizes it.
Attachments
Voraciousness.zip
1.1 hotfix
(65.44 KiB) Downloaded 62 times
Dunn2183
Somewhat familiar

Postby Masxohn » Fri Oct 29, 2021 9:28 pm

Dunn2183 wrote:It's one of the emergency outs in the spitupbones class in the Prefix method. What I specifically experienced was that normally, the game processes stuff that does damage/healing on a regular, 6 in-game seconds basis because 6 in-game seconds is what equals a round for the implementation of the Pathfinder ruleset. So stuff like poison or fast healing works when you expect it to and what not.

However when I was first testing the mod, sometimes the game would freak out with devour damage outside of combat when it was friendly on friendly, and I would get to see the damage log suddenly explode as the game tried resolving damage events at a much more rapid pace (e.g instead of 3 damage events over 18 seconds, it was something like 30 damage events over 6 seconds.)

In theory it was still fine when the situation finally resolved with a successful escape attempt, but the 6 seconds = one round thing is a pretty fundamental rule as to how the game works so I figured it was to best avoid proc'ing the issue in the first place than find out what happens when that bug occurs when the game needs the ruleset working 100% as intended.

(Plus it also helps avoid potential cutscene issues if a cutscene after combat needs a particular character to do something before it'll return control to the player)

Also, here's a hotfix for the test version of the mod, since I realized I messed something up when adjusting some of the feats that break rage power selection for the various classes that utilizes it.

Thanks for telling me the location, managed to disable the part that I think is it, testing in-game indicates it was. And yeah I can see how that rapid fire would cause problems.

So far with the preliminary testing I have done I have yet to get a single rapid fire situation. Could be due to 1: since it's "sometimes" not enough sample size 2: could've been a saved game related problem (previous save I have uses a mobility check from the pred instead of a grapple check from the prey, just to give a semi-strange example) 3: Could've been a bug they fixed in the 1.1 update.

If I never encounter it then it means either A: the root cause was fixed somewhere sometime B: the way I disabled the section fixed it (insanely unlikely but possible in theory) or C: the universe conspired against me so I ended up with impossible luck
Masxohn
Participator

Postby nielaroy » Sat Nov 06, 2021 4:44 am

I installed the mod but can’t get any of the spells at character creation. Is this normal or am I missing something?
nielaroy
New to the forum

Postby Dunn2183 » Sat Nov 06, 2021 4:02 pm

nielaroy wrote:I installed the mod but can’t get any of the spells at character creation. Is this normal or am I missing something?

The spells? Yeah that's normal, those are added at specific spell levels (Spell Level 2 or 3 are generally when they're first accessible, depending on whether it's healing devour or dimension devour. "Hybrid" casters like Paladin get them much later compared to casters like Wizard or Sorcerer.)

Toy Box for WotR and Bag of Tricks for Kingmaker can be used to add those in ahead of time if one wants.

And since it seems like I've managed to avoid making any big oops in the changes I've done, pushing the mod to 1.1 for both versions of the game, mega links contain the latest changes I've made (e.g nerfing how effective digestive healing is) compared to the test version before for those that downloaded that one.
Dunn2183
Somewhat familiar

Re: Voraciousness 1.10 (Mods for the Pathfinder cRPGs)

Postby thewatcherwhowatches » Wed Nov 10, 2021 4:17 am

It seems Skalds from "Call of the wild" for kingmaker don't have the tyrant totem powers, Is it possible to add it for them?

Also would it be possible to add a feat that uses your Dex modifier for CMB instead of strength? Like the agile Maneuvers feat. https://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/combat-f ... rs-combat/

By the way thanks for working on the mod and doing continual updates.
thewatcherwhowatches
New to the forum

Re: Voraciousness 1.10 (Mods for the Pathfinder cRPGs)

Postby Dunn2183 » Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:05 pm

thewatcherwhowatches wrote:It seems Skalds from "Call of the wild" for kingmaker don't have the tyrant totem powers, Is it possible to add it for them?

Also would it be possible to add a feat that uses your Dex modifier for CMB instead of strength? Like the agile Maneuvers feat. https://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/combat-f ... rs-combat/

By the way thanks for working on the mod and doing continual updates.

Agile Maneuvers is a base game feat in both games, I believe it just requires taking one of the combat maneuver feats like trip or disarm or sunder.

That said I hadn't realized rage powers weren't working as intended for Skalds/Primalist Bloodragers in Kingmaker, should be fixed with the latest Kingmaker mod version that's on the first post now.
Dunn2183
Somewhat familiar

Re: Voraciousness 1.10a (Mods for the Pathfinder cRPGs)

Postby thewatcherwhowatches » Wed Nov 10, 2021 1:20 pm

Oh Agile Maneuvers has a pre-req in the game? Why'd they give it that when it shouldn't have one.

Thanks for the quick reply/update.
thewatcherwhowatches
New to the forum

Re: Voraciousness 1.12 (Mods for the Pathfinder cRPGs)

Postby Alice3hoping » Sat Dec 25, 2021 11:42 pm

Hmm. Hope if we ever manage to get some semblance of the tools used to make the game(or at least encounters) that we might be able to construct some very good vore encounters.
Alice3hoping
Somewhat familiar

Postby lati65 » Sun Jan 09, 2022 6:02 am

I'm sorta new to Pathfinder (this mod made me curious enough to buy Wrath of the Righteous and play it) and i do have a few questions about this mod:
1: Is turn based or non-turn based combat better with allowing you to eat enemies?
2: Can other party members besides the player character use the abilities in this mod?
3: Which enemies or enemy types get the ability to, well, use vore-related abilities? Mostly just want to know in case i ever see the need to prioritize taking down certain enemies first.
4: Can other party members besides the player character be eaten and digested/downed/defeated or whatever will happen to them by enemies with vore related abilities?

Feel free to answer or don't answer any of these questions as they are mostly just because i am curious and mostly because i hate going into things blind most of the time.
lati65
Been posting for a bit

Postby disguy » Sun Jan 09, 2022 8:33 am

lati65 wrote:I'm sorta new to Pathfinder (this mod made me curious enough to buy Wrath of the Righteous and play it) and i do have a few questions about this mod:
1: Is turn based or non-turn based combat better with allowing you to eat enemies?
2: Can other party members besides the player character use the abilities in this mod?
3: Which enemies or enemy types get the ability to, well, use vore-related abilities? Mostly just want to know in case i ever see the need to prioritize taking down certain enemies first.
4: Can other party members besides the player character be eaten and digested/downed/defeated or whatever will happen to them by enemies with vore related abilities?

Feel free to answer or don't answer any of these questions as they are mostly just because i am curious and mostly because i hate going into things blind most of the time.

I've admittedly gotten lazy on my own playthrough (so many unfinished games I'd like to finish...) but I'm sure I can provide a decent enough answer to these, especially since I understand the feeling of not wanting to go into things blind!

1. There's not much of an inherent benefit between either mode as far as I can tell, it's purely up to you and whichever works better for you personally in terms of your playstyle. I guess if anything, at least turn-based mode gives you as much time as you want to look at your character's belly after they eat something :P.

2. They very much can! So long as you manually select things for them, I'm pretty sure you can even give them the voracious feat almost as soon as you meet them/through respecs asap. Otherwise, you can have them build normally, but still give them a few vore-based skills at later levels if they're of a class that can learn the more powerful vore skills.

3. The changelog itself has a general list for which enemies can use the dimensional vore power, as quoted: "Succubi, Incubi,some dragons, some minotaurs, lililtus, marililiths, mimics, crag linnorms, and some bosses." I definitely came across a few enemies that weren't listed there but still had vore spells, but I'm pretty sure you can inspect the enemies themselves and see whether or not they have the vore powers though...assuming they don't just cast them right away in some cases.

4. Basically the same answer as two: any party member can very much get eaten and digested to the same extent as the player, although can't remember what happens if you use the "knockout" system when a character gets digested, I think you probably have to reload the save in that scenario, but pretty sure they're killed normally otherwise. Note that the game also has endo/heal spells and friendly fire alike, so it won't be too uncommon for party members to eat other party members, although the healing devour spells, in particular, provide temporary damage resist to the predator, so if a party member doesn't feel very useful, they can at least make for great bonus armor~

For the most part, while I'm pretty sure nothing I wrote is incorrect, the game allows you to pretty much save anywhere, so can always just reload right before a fight if you're caught off-guard by an enemy predator or something breaks unintentionally (although extremely rarely) with the vore stuff. Still very much adds to the experience either way!
it also helps that the game has a fox race to play as, for the beast race fans out there uwu
◕‿◕ bup
disguy
Somewhat familiar

Postby Dunn2183 » Sun Jan 09, 2022 3:49 pm

The two things I can think of re: turn-based vs real time is:

1) There's various combat sequences in the game that are meant to be lots of "trash" enemies vs your party and allies that will just take a lot longer to resolve with turn-based vs real time. Earliest example would be the Tavern fight when enough time passes during act 1 at Kenabres, it just finishes way faster if you play it on real time compared to doing the whole thing on turn-based. That said this isn't that much of a problem since turn-based is an easy toggle: just switch it off if it feels like an easy fight with lots of enemies, then turn it back on once you would like to have time to strategize.

2) This might be patched since it's been a while since I played: sometimes touch spells in turn-based mode don't work if it requires the character to move after initially casting the spell. So at the very least I can blame Owlcat for this one.

And yeah the mod feats should be visible on enemies (unless something's changed since a patch but I don't recall seeing that kind of note), so feel free to inspect if you're wondering what an enemy's casting.
Dunn2183
Somewhat familiar

Postby disguy » Mon Jan 10, 2022 7:41 am

Ah right! I forgot to mention too that turn-based mode is indeed toggleable, even in the middle of fights, which is definitely one of the features I appreciate the most about the game. While I mostly prefer real-time, I'd definitely agree that fighting bosses or higher-level enemies can be better in turn-based so that you can properly react and strategize for harder-hitting mobs.

Although, I believe another alternative is that you can pause the game in real-time too and manually select spells for party members to cast, then unpause it again and let them cast them afterwards -- I'll definitely say what the game does best is letting you run wild with gameplay styles for the most part!
◕‿◕ bup
disguy
Somewhat familiar

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game