Vorecade v3.2.0 Released! (Workshop & 8/8)

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Vorecade v3.0.1 Released!

Postby awakener » Sat Mar 26, 2022 6:37 am

So with the newest update since I last attempted even using the vorecade, I haven't been able to play any of the games. I have tried deleting and redownloading the application and all the bells and whistles needed to make it run and while I have had some success with downloading games... they don't open. I will go to my downloaded games tab and hit play and vorecade will minimize, but it will not open the game that was downloaded. What am I doing wrong here?
awakener
New to the forum

Postby Slough » Tue Mar 29, 2022 3:00 pm

awakener wrote:So with the newest update since I last attempted even using the vorecade, I haven't been able to play any of the games. I have tried deleting and redownloading the application and all the bells and whistles needed to make it run and while I have had some success with downloading games... they don't open. I will go to my downloaded games tab and hit play and vorecade will minimize, but it will not open the game that was downloaded. What am I doing wrong here?

I'm sorry to hear that, What version do you use? v3.0.1 brought some bugfixes with it, make sure to give it a try if you hadn't yet. If you still encounter problems, please send me a screenshot of the error message/notification you receive.
Slough
Somewhat familiar

Re: Vorecade v3.0.2 Released!

Postby Slough » Sun Apr 03, 2022 3:24 am

Vorecade v3.0.2 Released!

Changelog:
Fixed an issue where some games wouldn't install correctly due to folder structure issues
"dest Already exists" error fixed
Slough
Somewhat familiar

Re: Vorecade v3.0.3 Released!

Postby Slough » Tue Apr 12, 2022 10:07 am

Vorecade v3.0.3 Released!

Changelog
Fixed when games wouldn't update when they are actually updated.
Fixed update button still appearing after an update.
Groundwork for the database based data storage.
Known game installation errors fixed.
Slough
Somewhat familiar

Re: Vorecade v3.0.4 Released!

Postby Slough » Thu Apr 14, 2022 10:43 am

Vorecade v3.0.4 Released

Changelog:
Mostly background changes.
Switched to the now-faster vorecade.com domain.
Updates now have a progress-bar so you'll know if it's doing something or if you are staying there watching it do nothing.
Workshop is coming soon!
Slough
Somewhat familiar

Postby awakener » Sun Apr 17, 2022 2:43 am

Slough wrote:
awakener wrote:So with the newest update since I last attempted even using the vorecade, I haven't been able to play any of the games. I have tried deleting and redownloading the application and all the bells and whistles needed to make it run and while I have had some success with downloading games... they don't open. I will go to my downloaded games tab and hit play and vorecade will minimize, but it will not open the game that was downloaded. What am I doing wrong here?

I'm sorry to hear that, What version do you use? v3.0.1 brought some bugfixes with it, make sure to give it a try if you hadn't yet. If you still encounter problems, please send me a screenshot of the error message/notification you receive.

I have tried using v3.0.4 since I gave it a redownload after a couple weeks since the post I made was put up. This is the notification that appears when I try to play Vore Days or any of the updates to it. "Error: spawn D:\Vorecade\Games\Vore Days\V Days.exe ENOENT". I just don't understand why it's giving me such an issue. I have Vorecade in its own folder since the initial download and extraction, so it's not like any file locations were changed since trying to download anything.
awakener
New to the forum

Postby Slough » Sun Apr 17, 2022 5:11 am

awakener wrote:
Slough wrote:

I have tried using v3.0.4 since I gave it a redownload after a couple weeks since the post I made was put up. This is the notification that appears when I try to play Vore Days or any of the updates to it. "Error: spawn D:\Vorecade\Games\Vore Days\V Days.exe ENOENT". I just don't understand why it's giving me such an issue. I have Vorecade in its own folder since the initial download and extraction, so it's not like any file locations were changed since trying to download anything.

Can you try again? I also saw the issue and applied a fix. Tell me if it works now.
Slough
Somewhat familiar

Re: Vorecade v3.1.0 Released!

Postby Slough » Thu May 12, 2022 10:08 am

Vorecade v3.1.0 Released

Changelog:
More Download Buttons in Convenient Places!
Fixed some ENOENT errors

Warning to Game Developers:
ylvgm.json is going to be deprecated and will no longer be used in the next update and the ones to come. As such, if your game relies on it in any way, please make the necessary changes as it won't be created on install/update anymore.
Instead of ylvgm.json in every game's directory, I added a database file in JSON serving as a main datastore for everything. The data structure for games are still the same except for some changes.
Slough
Somewhat familiar

Re: Vorecade v3.1.0 Released! (WEB DOWNLOADS!)

Postby Slough » Tue May 17, 2022 1:28 pm

guys... it's live...

Now you can download games within the https://vorecade.com website without needing to download the Vorecade client!

GO CRAZY!!

the website won't support game history and library features, you'll have to install the games yourself etc. and I know this looks like that asterisk in the ad or something lol

Stay tuned for updates!
Slough
Somewhat familiar

Re: Vorecade v3.2.0 Released! (WEB DOWNLOADS!)

Postby Slough » Wed May 25, 2022 7:38 am

Vorecade v3.2.0 Released

Changelog:
Switched to database based data storage for the client.
Increased download speed for high demand files in the Vorecade CDN
(Faster server goes brrrrrt)

Warning to Game Developers:
ylvgm.json is now effectively DEPRECATED.
You can access your game's specific ylvgm.json data in the database file in the Vorecade client's folder.
Slough
Somewhat familiar

Re: Vorecade v3.2.0 Released! (WEB DOWNLOADS!)

Postby Slough » Mon Jun 06, 2022 2:39 pm

Game Page Rework is in the works! yeah, a work in the works cause why not. great pun ain't it

here have a sneak peek at it :3

This is still indev and I'd love to receive some opinions about the initial design :D
Slough
Somewhat familiar

Re: Vorecade v3.2.0 Released! (GAME PAGES!)

Postby Slough » Sat Jun 11, 2022 1:50 pm

Game Page Rework
Now every game has its own dedicated page in the website! So you can finally send a link to a game!
Such as: https://vorecade.com/games/EPIC or this: https://vorecade.com/games/0XHH
They even have their little Discord embed!
Slough
Somewhat familiar

Postby Slough » Sun Jun 12, 2022 4:23 am

New Game!

Slime Outbreak
Streaming with Portals

Developed by Fierylion has been added to Vorecade!

https://vorecade.com/games/165G
https://vorecade.com/games/Y1DD
Slough
Somewhat familiar

Postby Slough » Thu Jun 16, 2022 8:22 am

New Game!

Land of Hunt
Developed by V-Team Games has been added to Vorecade!

https://vorecade.com/games/VMDY
Slough
Somewhat familiar

Postby Slough » Sat Jul 23, 2022 6:51 pm

I'm back!

Workshop is in the works!
Workshop and game add/edit page rework will be released soon, though expect the workshop to be released after the game add/edit page rework.

Stay tuned for updates!

Till then, here's a rough sketch of the new page
Slough
Somewhat familiar

Postby Slough » Sat Aug 06, 2022 6:25 pm

Ayo I'm not dead!

Been working hard on the new features! I recommend you to join our discord server if you want to know about the updates the moment they go live here: https://discord.gg/rem3TJuRes

Here's a glimpse of the upcoming features!
And the first prototypes of the upcoming workshop system:

Designs are subject to change. Release dates can be delayed.

I think it's quite obvious when these go live right? vore day update letsgooo
Slough
Somewhat familiar

Re: Vorecade v3.2.0 Released! (Workshop)

Postby Slough » Mon Aug 08, 2022 4:40 am

Happy Vore Day everyone!

After a long time in my todo list, workshop is finally released!
It's currently in public beta testing but it should mostly work fine. And as I said in my previous post above, game add/edit pages has been reworked! Hope you enjoy these!

And some more info / Q&A about the workshop thing:
What's workshop?
- It's a place for games hosted on our website to have their mods, DLCs, or just community content be listed.

Do you moderate it as you do with the game submissions?
- No I don't. But if it's out of place, you can report a submission by pressing the report button next to it.

How can I implement it in my game?
- Check the #api-documentation channel in our discord server.

---

You won't be able to modify your workshop submission for now, but don't worry! You'll be able to in the near future!
The client will receive a update soon to support workshop too.

And lemme just put this in here
Website games such as FightFuckFeed will be also supported with the v3.3.0 update!
And yeah this also means you'll be able to put Unity WebGL stuff in Vorecade too.

Until then, stay safe and Happy 8/8!
Slough
Somewhat familiar

Previous

Return to Vore game