[Visual Novel, F/F] Saint Miluina's Visual Academy v0.6.5

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: [Visual Novel, F/F] Saint Miluina's Visual Academy v0.4

Postby Anunnaki » Sat Sep 04, 2021 7:44 pm

Pathal0ne wrote:So in the main start up screen with the create your character once you submit or choose to load from a save the application goes unresponsive and stays frozen not taking any inputs and after the first few minutes gets a not responding and then frozen for indefinite amount of time if you need more details i can try, also when that not respond happens the application does a flicker as it attempted something and failed to load

That's strange, I didn't change any of the code directly related to resource loading, and that's what your issue sounds like. Can you open Task Manager, try to start the game, and see if your computer's RAM or hard disk usage suddenly spikes?
Anunnaki
Somewhat familiar

Postby Gibberish » Sat Sep 04, 2021 8:22 pm

So I downloaded it and for some reason it wont let me get past the first day with visuals. I remember that in the old versions it had visuals for monday yet it was saying it didnt.
Gibberish
Been posting for a bit

Postby Anunnaki » Sat Sep 04, 2021 11:13 pm

Gibberish wrote:So I downloaded it and for some reason it wont let me get past the first day with visuals. I remember that in the old versions it had visuals for monday yet it was saying it didnt.

The current version has visuals for Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. If by "it was saying it didn't" you mean that you received an old warning message from version 0.1, try a clean install into a new folder. It's possible that a v0.1 config file is sticking around and causing that error message. This will not delete your saves.
Anunnaki
Somewhat familiar

Postby Pathal0ne » Sun Sep 05, 2021 8:41 am

Anunnaki wrote:
Pathal0ne wrote:So in the main start up screen with the create your character once you submit or choose to load from a save the application goes unresponsive and stays frozen not taking any inputs and after the first few minutes gets a not responding and then frozen for indefinite amount of time if you need more details i can try, also when that not respond happens the application does a flicker as it attempted something and failed to load

That's strange, I didn't change any of the code directly related to resource loading, and that's what your issue sounds like. Can you open Task Manager, try to start the game, and see if your computer's RAM or hard disk usage suddenly spikes?

Yes I just checked this it did indeed spike really hard and after the spike and little screen freeze, the application then becomes unresponsive and takes no further inputs only allowing me to shut the game down
If you want me to try and show visual recordings of whats happening to give you a better understanding any other way to contact like a discord or something i cant really share images from my mobile device here
Pathal0ne
New to the forum

Postby Achenar » Sun Sep 05, 2021 11:03 am

Pathal0ne wrote:
Anunnaki wrote:

Yes I just checked this it did indeed spike really hard and after the spike and little screen freeze, the application then becomes unresponsive and takes no further inputs only allowing me to shut the game down
If you want me to try and show visual recordings of whats happening to give you a better understanding any other way to contact like a discord or something i cant really share images from my mobile device here

My copy also hangs for around 15 seconds when I load up a file for the first time (or start a new game). It only happens once, though, until I close and reopen the application.
Achenar
Participator

Postby Anunnaki » Sun Sep 05, 2021 1:21 pm

Achenar wrote:My copy also hangs for around 15 seconds when I load up a file for the first time (or start a new game). It only happens once, though, until I close and reopen the application.

That sounds more typical (although the length is worrying - it should be more like a second or two of loading time). I'm guessing it has to do with the size of the Unity prefab for the player character, which did increase in v0.4 due to new outfits. I'll see about optimizing the loading process for v0.5!

Speaking of v0.5, it's currently undergoing testing on the Saint Miluina's patron Discord! I managed to knock that one out in a few days thanks to being off work recovering from Covid.
Anunnaki
Somewhat familiar

Postby Anunnaki » Sun Sep 05, 2021 6:17 pm

Those of you who've been having problems with loading, please try this experimental version and see if it fixes your issue: https://mega.nz/file/WFw1UaSb#DeF78vjjC_cIO3D4vmL35kJWCv97OIigNroWTXX_SQw
Anunnaki
Somewhat familiar

Postby Susuko » Sun Sep 05, 2021 7:48 pm

I tried out the experimental version and it worked out better then the last one but I needed to save then load at the start of a new day.
Susuko
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby SimpleTastes » Sun Sep 05, 2021 11:45 pm

So not sure if this is a glitch with the visual mod or the game itself, but on day two I can't seem to get invited to Leah's dorm during lunch? I followed the two guides on the main page but so far no luck. I was wondering if maybe adding the mod changed something or if maybe the game version changed something at some point to cause this.
SimpleTastes
Been posting for a bit

Postby Pathal0ne » Mon Sep 06, 2021 12:34 am

Anunnaki wrote:Those of you who've been having problems with loading, please try this experimental version and see if it fixes your issue: https://mega.nz/file/WFw1UaSb#DeF78vjjC_cIO3D4vmL35kJWCv97OIigNroWTXX_SQw

Okay so I have tried the experimental version progress is visible however again when I choose either to load from a old save or start the game from day one with the new “Loading...” it stays at 75% no matter how long i wait i see the page behind it change once and thats it, i still have the 3rd day version of the game on my device still (the last version that worked before this one) I think the issue is possibly to new appearance feature and being more ambitious about it is what may be causing loading issues cant be sure. But it is still progress bc the App no longer gets not responding and doesnt make a as huge toll on the device’s cpu etc.
Pathal0ne
New to the forum

Postby Anunnaki » Tue Sep 07, 2021 10:57 pm

SimpleTastes wrote:So not sure if this is a glitch with the visual mod or the game itself, but on day two I can't seem to get invited to Leah's dorm during lunch? I followed the two guides on the main page but so far no luck. I was wondering if maybe adding the mod changed something or if maybe the game version changed something at some point to cause this.

The visual wrapper doesn't change any of the underlying game logic, so any path you take will have the same results it'd have in the browser version.

Pathal0ne wrote:Okay so I have tried the experimental version progress is visible however again when I choose either to load from a old save or start the game from day one with the new “Loading...” it stays at 75% no matter how long i wait i see the page behind it change once and thats it, i still have the 3rd day version of the game on my device still (the last version that worked before this one) I think the issue is possibly to new appearance feature and being more ambitious about it is what may be causing loading issues cant be sure. But it is still progress bc the App no longer gets not responding and doesnt make a as huge toll on the device’s cpu etc.

Before I start investigating the excruciating minutiae of texture streaming, I have to ask - what kind of system specs are you trying to run this on?
Anunnaki
Somewhat familiar

Postby Soroxas77 » Wed Sep 08, 2021 7:28 am

How are the day 3 ViM scenes triggered? Also, the aftermath scenes won't trigger for the disposal.
Soroxas77
Somewhat familiar

Postby kuler » Wed Sep 08, 2021 11:25 pm

I'm astounded by how quickly you're able to put out so much great work building upon the base game to make something unique with really high production value. Not to mention the ViM mod which fits right in and is the Cherry on top.

After playing through, I've just added a section to my SMVA guide for the Vore is Murder mod scenes and hopefully I have enough red warning signs, troubleshooting steps, and labels to not introduce any additional confusion about whose work is whose.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1b0x ... A_gkgXVR8/
kuler
New to the forum

Postby HisashiHinata » Thu Sep 09, 2021 10:02 pm

Hey, I'm sorry for being dumb but I don't know where the SMVA_Data folder is
HisashiHinata
Participator

Postby Potatogggm » Fri Sep 10, 2021 5:44 am

i was checking the yearbook of the new version, and i saw many "new" characters into the game. but, when i was scrolling through the pages, i decided to see if they have new outfits, though i have seen that sunny has a new outfit, one that makes her looks like a orange jelly, but i can't find any scenario this outfit appears. do you guys know what i am talking about and if there's a way to see that outfit in action? Edit: oh, i've been looking better and i have seen there is many other outfits, like succubus nadia or swole mina. it's some kind of acctivate button to see these new outfits? well, i'll try it
Potatogggm
Been posting for a bit

Postby TheSoulessGem » Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:07 am

Sorry to ask if this has been answered too, is there a way to add to this? Like I would love to see a scene where Sunny eats you on the second day instead of that one girl. Not asking for a scene just wondering if it's like possible to add stuff into this.
TheSoulessGem
Somewhat familiar

Postby Anunnaki » Fri Sep 10, 2021 10:51 am

Soroxas77 wrote:How are the day 3 ViM scenes triggered? Also, the aftermath scenes won't trigger for the disposal.

Please make sure your mods folder is set up properly if scenes aren't triggering. Try the experimental build I linked above (https://mega.nz/file/WFw1UaSb#DeF78vjjC_cIO3D4vmL35kJWCv97OIigNroWTXX_SQw) if they're still not working, it includes some changes to error handling of mod loads. I'll include a feature in the public v0.5 to show which mods are currently loaded, to reduce confusion.

kuler wrote:I'm astounded by how quickly you're able to put out so much great work building upon the base game to make something unique with really high production value. Not to mention the ViM mod which fits right in and is the Cherry on top.

After playing through, I've just added a section to my SMVA guide for the Vore is Murder mod scenes and hopefully I have enough red warning signs, troubleshooting steps, and labels to not introduce any additional confusion about whose work is whose.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1b0x ... A_gkgXVR8/

I really appreciate the compliment and being included in your guide! It's a labor of love, haha, plus I'm kinda cheating: I'm a professional gamedev. =P

HisashiHinata wrote:Hey, I'm sorry for being dumb but I don't know where the SMVA_Data folder is

Go to the folder where the game's executable is located, there should be a folder called SMVA_Data right next to it.

TheSoulessGem wrote:Sorry to ask if this has been answered too, is there a way to add to this? Like I would love to see a scene where Sunny eats you on the second day instead of that one girl. Not asking for a scene just wondering if it's like possible to add stuff into this.

It absolutely is! I've included a robust and modular framework for modifying the base game. If you'd like to get started writing a scene, PM me and I'll walk you through it. Some past experience with Twine will be very helpful but isn't strictly necessary.
Anunnaki
Somewhat familiar

Postby GoneForever » Fri Sep 10, 2021 12:25 pm

Heya Anunnaki!

Is the current version able to run both mods simultaneously? I'm not sure what went wrong, I seem able to get it running individually but when its together, both just stops working and the game runs as if its unmodded.
GoneForever
New to the forum

Postby Anunnaki » Fri Sep 10, 2021 4:38 pm

GoneForever wrote:Heya Anunnaki!

Is the current version able to run both mods simultaneously? I'm not sure what went wrong, I seem able to get it running individually but when its together, both just stops working and the game runs as if its unmodded.

That's very strange, it should be able to run an unlimited number simultaneously. I'll look into including more diagnostic code in v0.5 - in the meantime, the experimental build does slightly alter the modloader so if you haven't tried that one yet, it might help.
Anunnaki
Somewhat familiar

Postby andruusha » Sat Sep 11, 2021 11:18 am

Crashes when creating a new game. :cry:
andruusha
New to the forum

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game