Online vore game ideas

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Online vore game ideas

Postby TastySnack123 » Thu Apr 29, 2021 7:47 pm

I was wondering, what kind of game mechanics or features would one like to see in an online game. Or simply if any online vore game ideas you've had. I feel like something like a struggle minigame could be pretty effective, maybe taking turns to create the prompts for them to react and the chance to send some simple text as dialogue in between. What are your thoughts?
TastySnack123
New to the forum

Re: Online vore game ideas

Postby Asrielbend » Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:29 pm

Probably would be neat if there was some conversations one could do every now and then that the prey could start up. Multiple characters would be cool too of course, monster girls, humans and all those other species too would look good in a new online vore game. Probably some friend systems of sorts too.
Asrielbend
Been posting for a bit

Postby TastySnack123 » Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:15 pm

Asrielbend wrote:Probably would be neat if there was some conversations one could do every now and then that the prey could start up. Multiple characters would be cool too of course, monster girls, humans and all those other species too would look good in a new online vore game. Probably some friend systems of sorts too.
Multiple characters would definitely be good considering the wide array of preferences people have. Ideally I suppose being able to make your own character would probably be best, though that's probably too ambitious for the manpower the community usually has when it comes to game development. Speaking of preferences, probably a way to set up the "match" for the likes of the players. Stuff like it finishing on endo or fatal, the kind of vore, etc.
TastySnack123
New to the forum

Postby Midir » Fri Apr 30, 2021 5:41 am

I have been wanting to start working on an online vore game, but it would probably be more of a roguelike-type. Maybe akin to browser MUDs. An SS13 clone would be easy to do but I am not very fond of byond as a platform. I am personally looking for survival in randomly generated 2D world with simple crafting and perhaps clan/family building?

Ultimately, I want to make a persistent world

I kind of want to encourage people to RP, and in this regard I want to get Discord involved, instead of creating a chatroom from scratch. So, in the minimum viable product, I think, I will avoid doing an extensive chat, maybe there will be a "say" command, but that's it.

tbh not even sure if I would start working on it any soon..

Regarding the struggle and vore parts, it does bother me too! Like, in JRPGs you normally get a vore scene at the end of the combat, but in other games like the old VGame you have three types of attack - physical, magic and vore. Once someone fails a vore safe they end up in a stomach and have to struggle to get out. I.. find it a bit too simplistic, but it does work well for VGame!
Midir
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby TastySnack123 » Fri Apr 30, 2021 8:08 pm

Midir wrote:I have been wanting to start working on an online vore game, but it would probably be more of a roguelike-type. Maybe akin to browser MUDs. An SS13 clone would be easy to do but I am not very fond of byond as a platform. I am personally looking for survival in randomly generated 2D world with simple crafting and perhaps clan/family building?

Ultimately, I want to make a persistent world

I kind of want to encourage people to RP, and in this regard I want to get Discord involved, instead of creating a chatroom from scratch. So, in the minimum viable product, I think, I will avoid doing an extensive chat, maybe there will be a "say" command, but that's it.

tbh not even sure if I would start working on it any soon..

Regarding the struggle and vore parts, it does bother me too! Like, in JRPGs you normally get a vore scene at the end of the combat, but in other games like the old VGame you have three types of attack - physical, magic and vore. Once someone fails a vore safe they end up in a stomach and have to struggle to get out. I.. find it a bit too simplistic, but it does work well for VGame!
A multiplayer vore game would definitely be some good aid for some RP if done properly. If the game is meant to be something short then it's probably better suited as just something to be some fun visual aid.

I'm not familiar about the games you mentioned, but the idea of a persistent world is pretty interesting, could lend itself pretty well for RP so that prey can be a little more unwilling wanting to avoid losing their progress. Personally when I RP I feel like a lot of the time it ends up being like an exaggerated act where I'm like "No please!~ Let me out of here! I don't want to be your food!" where it's clear I want it. Of course it's not as flat as that, but it feels like I'm just playfully being unwilling when I want to be an unwilling prey xP
TastySnack123
New to the forum

Postby Thagrahn » Sat May 01, 2021 3:03 am

Genre (Scifi, Fantasy, Modern, ...) is a very diverse thing among the community. Custom Characters is one thing, but Genre is usually fixed.

Survival elements like making a safe shelter, finding food (including prey if going pred), and natural hazards are an easy starting point.

Also, there are those that switch between digestion and endo style. Which could just add to complexity.

With how varied an online community can be, it's hard to hit everything.

~~~~~

Mechanics like the prey having the ability to struggle is good, but what about mechanics for catching prey or the prey avoiding being caught? PvP is also a factor in this since there are people who have a role preference.

Taunts, Faints, and Tells built into the combat as well as ways to react, too. Something like a rock, paper, scissors minigame with timed interaction would work. Say the players have 5 seconds between actions in a duel to decide their choice, and the result happen when time is up. Failure to enter a choice would have consequences, too.

A mechanic that is very hard to pull off in online games is Stealth, especially PvP stealth. Ambush Preds and some prey might want ways to move undetected by other players as well as against NPCs/Monsters.

Ability management is another mechanic to consider, more abilities/skills/feats allows more custom play, but keeping track of a long list is hard.

Final thing for online play would be player resurrection/respawn mechanic. Is there risk of a major setback, a guaranteed minor setback, or ways to block spawn camping on prey players?

~~~~

Those four mechanics could be the make or break for regular games, so important to consider them in fetish games, too.
Thagrahn
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Midir » Sat May 01, 2021 7:04 pm

Mhm, I think tracking the prey can be really fun! Now, one thing is that.. I care more about persistent world part than multiplayer, so maybe predators would have abilities to track preys, even if the prey is asleep? It is possible to come with other solutions like teleport preds in the vicinity of preys when those are online.

If I let the predators track asleep player preys it would mean that the action would happen when the prey is afk so probably not as fun for them.

Well, I imagine a predator could just track NPCs when no PCs are in sight.
Midir
Intermediate Vorarephile

Return to Vore game