Gherking and Arctic's Devourment Refactor Addons

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Gherking and Arctic's Devourment Refactor Addons

Postby Masxohn » Sun Sep 26, 2021 5:37 pm

Gherking wrote:
brodash wrote:Have you ever thought of adding dialogue to vore dragons? Something like talking them into being willing digested

I'll look into it. Dragons (and other creatures) are much more complex to get working with refactor dialogue.

Based on my own delving into this topic in the past, the solution was/is quite simple. For every race there's a flag 'Allow PC Dialogue', when not defined it defaults to false. Hence dialogue attempts will always fail (unsure if it affects devourments voretalker keyword mechanic). There exists a vanilla skyrim script called 'defaultAllowPCDialogueScript' that all it does it sets 'AllowPCDialogue' to true.
So all that needs to be done is to get some script that sets 'AllowPCDialogue' to true to fire on specific NPCs/races or even used as a spell (modified tamebeast script a bit, noticed around the taming dragon section this line 'akTarget.AllowPCDialogue(true)'). After that is done everything dialogue related works perfectly/normally as far as my own testing has shown.
Past this point it's just a matter of condition checks when making dialogue (IE: keyword condition check for ActorTypeDragon).

One possible way is: make a script that only targets the attacked target and sets their AllowPCDialogue to true, add said script to the vore/endo magic effects (it's where the scripts are). And as far as I know, no one ever really checks for if something can even have dialogue with the player, and on the off chance that something does, a change or different way to do it would be to have 2 separate spells that flip it to on and off or a single spell that has a script that checks for it to be enabled or disabled and if so then flip it to the other on hitting the target.

Some FormID's to help see/check for yourself:
00012E82 dragon race
000F80FA random chosen dragon
0003C57C paarthurnax
00013BBF nazeem
00013748 redguard

Edit#1: also forgot to mention/include, can use SPID to make a DISTR that can distribute the VoreTalker keyword to anything you want (I made one that distributes VoreTalker to anything with the keyword ActorTypeDragon) to be able to talk to.
Masxohn
Participator

Postby Ryan-Drakel » Sun Sep 26, 2021 7:35 pm

Gherking wrote:
Ryan-Drakel wrote: Wait there are dragons out there who you can talk to?? Seriously?? All the ones I encountered tried to kill me!

Four that I can think of. Parthurnaaz, Odahviing, Sahrotaar, and Durnehvir.

Okay Parth and Odah, I know of. Dunno sahrotaar and Durnehvir.
Ryan-Drakel
---

Postby SmoothAsButter23 » Mon Sep 27, 2021 8:07 pm

Gherking wrote:That'd be the regurgitation buffer Gaz added to stop random noms from causing endless endo timers without my mod lol. Unfortunately, I have no power over that - although it does look like there's going to be a toggle for it a little ways under the 'endo struggling setting' in the future, if there isn't already.

oh ok is there any mcm setting or temporary fix/patch that can remove this issue
SmoothAsButter23
Somewhat familiar

Postby Egads » Fri Oct 01, 2021 4:23 pm

So how can we ask NPCs to transport us to the cities inside their belly? I can't seem to find that.
What is vore? Baby don't- wait wrong song.
Egads
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Gherking » Fri Oct 01, 2021 4:49 pm

Masxohn wrote:Based on my own delving into this topic in the past, the solution was/is quite simple. (detailed and well-researched answer)

This is something I've been meaning to get around to for a while, I just have precious little free time nowadays.
Ryan-Drakel wrote:Okay Parth and Odah, I know of. Dunno sahrotaar and Durnehvir.

There's one each in the Dragonborn and Dawnguard DLCs.
SmoothAsButter23 wrote:oh ok is there any mcm setting or temporary fix/patch that can remove this issue

I don't know if this is still a problem, but this is the toggle for it;
ScreenShot55.png

Sorry that I didn't answer straight away; I read this right after the version with that toggle came out.
Egads wrote:So how can we ask NPCs to transport us to the cities inside their belly? I can't seem to find that.

It'll be the last dialogue option when you talk to them from inside their stomach. It looks like this;
ScreenShot56.png
Find my Devourment Refactor addons here: https://www.loverslab.com/topic/188196- ... or-addons/
Gherking
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Gherking » Sun Oct 03, 2021 6:11 pm

New version of Dialogue is out! I made the prompts for player pred dialogue different depending on who you're talking to, so it should not only feel less same-y, but also all fit on the screen at once lol

Check the main post for details!
Find my Devourment Refactor addons here: https://www.loverslab.com/topic/188196- ... or-addons/
Gherking
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Masxohn » Sun Oct 03, 2021 11:03 pm

Saw the main post changelog. Don't know what/where the problem is, and was bored so went to take a general look.
Things to note:
- In FE###C47 Reformation Dialogue had removed 2 instances, the ActorTypeAnimal section removal shouldn't have any issue related to dragons, but the TheTalker section removal is related to VoreTalker keyword.
- the RDAllowDragonDialogue script would cause issues with sahrotaar and Durnehviir, as they are in the Dragon Faction. Odahviing and Paarthurnax should be fine (not in dragon faction). Other possible issues related to compatibility might arise with other mods that add dragons that are followers or plot relevant (cause you can talk to them). As I mentioned earlier it might not be needed to have to the OnEffectEnd section as I have yet to see anything check for dialogue being possible or not. It'd also have problems in regards to the after regurgitated section of stuff.
- Unsure if the added script to FE###C47 works in every situation if it works at all. As FE###C47 is only called by FE###95F which may or may not work in the situations of: Endo friendly, fatal friendly, fatal hostile, fatal neutral, endo neutral (entirely unsure of what the neutral situation would choose). Main concern is it might only apply to the thing swallowed so half of dialogue would be cut off, which would be player swallowed by dragon branches as the script would only apply to the player.

Some Other things:
- when dragon dialogue and voretalker keyword are involved, then the internal path it takes in refactor is as follows(assuming voretalker is present): If player is swallowed by the dragon then it'll attempt to move the player to the dragon to start dialogue (no problems cept dragon might be pushed a bit), if player has swallowed a dragon then it'll use the voretalker section (prior to voretalker there were no problems except the player would be pushed a lot).
- unable to figure out where this is at exactly: (using latest version of refactor and reformation dialogue) after being regurgitated by a dragon follower (from another mod, not in dragon faction) end up getting stuck on repeating dialogue of "Huh," when attempted to talk to them again. Issue I think is that there is no valid condition check after since they all might have the check ActorTypeNPC, result would be an infinite loop.
- dialogue with dragons mid-flight almost always works (might be always) but is very janky, this is because of the way refactor handles stuff and large distance moved (which causes dialogue to cancel). I have a few ideas on how to resolve this, mainly related to a vanilla function regarding flight, theory is disable flight when attempt at dialogue is made so the dragon lands (dialogue might be canceled but it would already be starting to land) and then at the end of the dialogue tree branches it can be re-enabled or left disabled.

Edit#1: tested via spawning a dragon, using cast command to have it eat me, attempted dialogue and it never went through, no output in papyrus log either of refactor attempting dialogue so AllowPCDialogue either enabled and then disabled due to oneffectend or wasn't applied due to akTarget not having an attack target to apply x to due to FE###95F only being applied to the player. Also confirmed that FE###95F was only applied to the player. Also with the groundwork layout done and since I can compile the script needed for this I'm going to go attempt to get it working myself.
Masxohn
Participator

Postby Masxohn » Mon Oct 04, 2021 1:48 am

Ok I got it working without changing the RDAllowDragonDialogue script (problems pointed out above regarding Sahrotaar and Durnehviir still exist). Also I believe I found another problem related to refactor and not reformationdialogue in regards to VoreTalker path.
Masxohn
Participator

Postby Gherking » Tue Oct 05, 2021 9:29 am

Masxohn wrote:Ok I got it working without changing the RDAllowDragonDialogue script (problems pointed out above regarding Sahrotaar and Durnehviir still exist). Also I believe I found another problem related to refactor and not reformationdialogue in regards to VoreTalker path.

Ah, I only checked the two vanilla friendly dragons. Maybe I'll just delete the second half of the script - as you say, it probably causes more problems than it solves.

Are all the options now fitting properly on the screen for you folks with the shorter, snappier prompts?
Gherking
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby AlkalineHawk713 » Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:49 pm

how would one reform a digested npc? also do npcs reform other npcs? i have not seen this happen yet
AlkalineHawk713
New to the forum

Postby Gherking » Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:43 pm

AlkalineHawk713 wrote:how would one reform a digested npc? also do npcs reform other npcs? i have not seen this happen yet

NPCs don't reform one another, though it wouldn't be impossible to do. I just don't have much time nowadays.

As for doing it yourself - you can either swallow their skull, or drop it on the ground and cast 'Revivify' on it. If you don't start the game with the spell, then Lucan Valerius in the Riverwood Trader should sell a tome. Revivify should work even on skulls that can't be reformed by swallowing.
Gherking
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Ryan-Drakel » Thu Oct 14, 2021 3:20 pm

Gherking wrote:
AlkalineHawk713 wrote:how would one reform a digested npc? also do npcs reform other npcs? i have not seen this happen yet

NPCs don't reform one another, though it wouldn't be impossible to do. I just don't have much time nowadays.

As for doing it yourself - you can either swallow their skull, or drop it on the ground and cast 'Revivify' on it. If you don't start the game with the spell, then Lucan Valerius in the Riverwood Trader should sell a tome. Revivify should work even on skulls that can't be reformed by swallowing.

Just do it ONE AT A TIME.
I've had times where my game auto-closed/crashed whenever I try to reform more than one-two skulls.
Ryan-Drakel
---

Postby Gherking » Thu Oct 14, 2021 4:44 pm

Ryan-Drakel wrote:Just do it ONE AT A TIME.
I've had times where my game auto-closed/crashed whenever I try to reform more than one-two skulls.

Huh, I've reformed close to a hundred at once before. I've noticed that skulls of reformable NPCs created after the beginning of the game can crash on reform if you don't save and load after dropping them though - I'm going to investigate further and hopefully find a solution before I talk to Mark about it.
Gherking
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby BellyButtlet » Sun Oct 17, 2021 3:26 pm

Sorry if it's been asked before but is there any way to prevent random npc's/followers from becoming hostile when a guard starts digesting or when asking a random npc to digest? As the town/followers usually ends up quickly killing them.
BellyButtlet
New to the forum

Postby Gherking » Sun Oct 17, 2021 3:58 pm

BellyButtlet wrote:Sorry if it's been asked before but is there any way to prevent random npc's/followers from becoming hostile when a guard starts digesting or when asking a random npc to digest? As the town/followers usually ends up quickly killing them.

Could you clarify what issue you're experiencing? Who's digesting who, and who is then becoming hostile? I haven't followers become hostile either to me or guards before.
Gherking
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby BellyButtlet » Sun Oct 17, 2021 5:55 pm

Gherking wrote:
BellyButtlet wrote:Sorry if it's been asked before but is there any way to prevent random npc's/followers from becoming hostile when a guard starts digesting or when asking a random npc to digest? As the town/followers usually ends up quickly killing them.

Could you clarify what issue you're experiencing? Who's digesting who, and who is then becoming hostile? I haven't followers become hostile either to me or guards before.

Sorry should have been more specific, when inside another generic npc such as a beggar or guard, and digestion is activated either from lethal or through dialoug town guards and other combat npc's like potential followers start attacking them. Doesn't seem to happen when being digested by a friendly npc or follower in towns. (thank you for helping and for the mod itself btw)
BellyButtlet
New to the forum

Postby Gherking » Sun Oct 17, 2021 6:13 pm

BellyButtlet wrote:Sorry should have been more specific, when inside another generic npc such as a beggar or guard, and digestion is activated either from lethal or through dialoug town guards and other combat npc's like potential followers start attacking them. Doesn't seem to happen when being digested by a friendly npc or follower in towns. (thank you for helping and for the mod itself btw)

Huh. Do you have the Cordyceps perk? I don't use it, but I'm pretty sure it can be used to frenzy targets who eat you. That could be it. I certainly haven't ever seen that happen, so that might be the difference.
Gherking
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby BellyButtlet » Sun Oct 17, 2021 6:25 pm

Gherking wrote:
BellyButtlet wrote:Sorry should have been more specific, when inside another generic npc such as a beggar or guard, and digestion is activated either from lethal or through dialoug town guards and other combat npc's like potential followers start attacking them. Doesn't seem to happen when being digested by a friendly npc or follower in towns. (thank you for helping and for the mod itself btw)

Huh. Do you have the Cordyceps perk? I don't use it, but I'm pretty sure it can be used to frenzy targets who eat you. That could be it. I certainly haven't ever seen that happen, so that might be the difference.

Ah that was it, thank you for the help
BellyButtlet
New to the forum

Postby Gherking » Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:51 pm

No worries.
Gherking
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Feedmeyourdragons » Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:28 pm

I tried reformation dialogue recently and it's pretty good. I love a lot of the added functions it has.

So I have a question, would you be fine with me editing the dialogue for this mod a bit? And if I end up finishing it, post it here too?

Overall the dialogue is good, but some of the personalities and flavor of the text goes a little too far as far as "immersion" is concerned in my eyes. So what I wanted to try was making a middle ground between this and the more grounded dialogue mod you linked by making small tweaks to each line in order to tone down some of the flowery language and replace terms like "pred" and "tummy toy". In then end it'll still be 95% of the original mods dialogue and paths so I would prefer to get your permission first before I start digging into this.
Feedmeyourdragons
Been posting for a bit

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game