Felarya Voracious Defense - 1.0 Public Release

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Felarya Voracious Defense - First Demo Release - 25/05/2

Postby clone4000 » Thu May 27, 2021 9:43 am

Finally 3 starred it. Really good so far. Chugs a bit on my pc but it's way past being due an upgrade.

I like that the fullness meters are hidden. An explanation of the icons would be handy. From what I can work out;
Fairy, no bonuses
Faun, has a slam attack that breaks rocks carried by some creeps and this has a slowing effect.
Naga, gives more mana on leaving and occasionally snatches up 2 creeps at once. Does t do it relaibley but this could be intentional.
Antlered fairy, will slowly lay traps on path (bottom left for up to 6 traps? Yes please).

I don't know if the Naga are worth it at the moment as her ability triggers so rarely and the cost of summoning them for the increased gains doesn't seem to do much.

Still great game and well worth a go.
clone4000
Somewhat familiar

Postby calin22 » Thu May 27, 2021 5:31 pm

clone4000 wrote:Finally 3 starred it. Really good so far. Chugs a bit on my pc but it's way past being due an upgrade.

I like that the fullness meters are hidden. An explanation of the icons would be handy. From what I can work out;
Fairy, no bonuses
Faun, has a slam attack that breaks rocks carried by some creeps and this has a slowing effect.
Naga, gives more mana on leaving and occasionally snatches up 2 creeps at once. Does t do it relaibley but this could be intentional.
Antlered fairy, will slowly lay traps on path (bottom left for up to 6 traps? Yes please).

I don't know if the Naga are worth it at the moment as her ability triggers so rarely and the cost of summoning them for the increased gains doesn't seem to do much.

I noticed the grabbing two tinies thing as well and thought it was just a glitch.
How did you manage to get 3 stars if I may ask?
EAT ME, FIGHT ME, GIVE ME A HUG!!!
calin22
Somewhat familiar

Postby CartoonVore » Thu May 27, 2021 8:41 pm

I keep replaying it because I love it so much. I can barely contain myself due to excitement for the next update.

I'm noticing smaller details as I replay it. The naga, for example, have a stomach bulge right after they swallow prey. It doesn't last long, but it's very pleasant. Also, in the picture of each pred, you can notice body parts swaying back and forth. That is excellent attention to detail!

I also love the occasional non-oral vore that Melany does, but it's so rare that it sometimes doesn't happen during an entire playthrough. Is there anything that causes it to occur? Also, why does she leave prey inside her traps for so long, even when there aren't other prey on the entire map?

Also, how did you acquire the music? It's perfect for this game.

If I had to make a list on the changes/improvements I most desire, it would be:

1) Add options in the pause menu to restart the level or return to the map or main menu.
2) Fix the bug that lets you play one card on two spots.
3) Occasional, random stomach growls to play during the level.
4) Some burps. Each pred spawns with an int variable associated with that pred. When a pred gulps down a prey, an internal timer starts, maybe about five seconds in length. If the pred gulps someone up before the timer expires, it restarts and the pred's counter goes up by one. If the timer expires and the count is high enough, three or higher, for example, a burp will sound. The higher the count, the more intense the burp.
5) Add different swallowing sound effects.

For anyone having trouble getting a perfect playthrough, I may offer some tips later on. For now, I think the creator wants people to experience it blindly. I can now consistently get a perfect score on the demo level, so it can be done, and you do not have to be super lucky!

I hope the feedback here has been helpful, and that I haven't tossed ideas at you that you don't like. :gulp:

EDIT: The pause button is still selectable after finishing a level, when the choices to retry or go back to the map are there. As lovely as the pause picture is, my guess is that you didn't intend for that to be possible.

Also, during one of my playthroughs today, only 279 prey came out. I'm not sure exactly why this happened, but one thing that I did was use the cyclone magic spell at the very start of the maze. Perhaps this pushed some of the prey off the map and they disappear? My other guess is that the game checks to see if the spawn point is full. If so, it skips the spawn. If that is the case, the spawn should merely be postponed. My lovely naga missed out on three delicious snacks! :(
CartoonVore
Somewhat familiar

Postby Casyle » Fri May 28, 2021 12:41 am

calin22 wrote:
clone4000 wrote:Finally 3 starred it. Really good so far. Chugs a bit on my pc but it's way past being due an upgrade.

Fairy, no bonuses

I noticed the grabbing two tinies thing as well and thought it was just a glitch.

For me, getting Melany in that bottom, left-most spot asap was the most important factor in getting a perfect score. There will be waves where, even with giantesses on every spot, 2 or 3 tinies will escape their fate, and Melany's traps will prevent them from escaping.

Otherwise, once round 7 starts I try to have 2 - 3 deertaur out at all times, mainly in the first half of the area. Ideally I'd have a deertaur on the first two spots closest to where the tinies spawn in to deal with the armored/shielded tinies, then preferably another one or two near the middle for the times shielded guys slip by while a deertaur is leaving.

Now, spells! I never bothered with the 2nd stun, it might work great, but once giantesses occupied every spot I had to use whirlwind about once a round after wave 10 or so to help keep pressure off Melany so her traps would be preserved for when they were needed the most, and she'd stay until the end of round 15. You'll have to get a feel for it, but say, on round 12 I'd notice a long stream of tinies, and admist 'em were 3 groups of 3 tinies. I'd use the whirlwind to stun them near a giantess so that giantess would have time to recover and eat more, and the giantesses further down would recover from their animations in time to grab more.

Beyond that, there's also luck. I had one run ruined in the middle of round 15 when FOUR giantesses, two deertaur, a naga, and a fairy all left at the same time. Oh, and don't be afraid to gamble with shuffle when you're really in need of a particular unit, especially near the end of a wave. Can't count how many times I had nothing but fairies and desperately needed a deertaur, and re-shuffle gave me one or two.

Oh, and personally, when I first start I put a fairy on the 2nd to last spot to the left, rather than right up front. Then in the 2nd round I put giantesses on the two spots just above that, after letting 3 or 4 continue to the lone fairy, that way the first couple rounds last longer, netting me 15+ more points than I'd normally have. Ideally that lets me summon Melany either the instant she pops up, or shortly after.

Good luck!

*Added* If they did add burping then God I hope it'd be togglable. Not interested in listening to 10+ rounds of belching.
Casyle
New to the forum

Postby calin22 » Fri May 28, 2021 12:07 pm

Casyle wrote:
calin22 wrote:

Fairy, no bonuses

For me, getting Melany in that bottom, left-most spot asap was the most important factor in getting a perfect score. There will be waves where, even with giantesses on every spot, 2 or 3 tinies will escape their fate, and Melany's traps will prevent them from escaping.

Otherwise, once round 7 starts I try to have 2 - 3 deertaur out at all times, mainly in the first half of the area. Ideally I'd have a deertaur on the first two spots closest to where the tinies spawn in to deal with the armored/shielded tinies, then preferably another one or two near the middle for the times shielded guys slip by while a deertaur is leaving.

Now, spells! I never bothered with the 2nd stun, it might work great, but once giantesses occupied every spot I had to use whirlwind about once a round after wave 10 or so to help keep pressure off Melany so her traps would be preserved for when they were needed the most, and she'd stay until the end of round 15. You'll have to get a feel for it, but say, on round 12 I'd notice a long stream of tinies, and admist 'em were 3 groups of 3 tinies. I'd use the whirlwind to stun them near a giantess so that giantess would have time to recover and eat more, and the giantesses further down would recover from their animations in time to grab more.

Beyond that, there's also luck. I had one run ruined in the middle of round 15 when FOUR giantesses, two deertaur, a naga, and a fairy all left at the same time. Oh, and don't be afraid to gamble with shuffle when you're really in need of a particular unit, especially near the end of a wave. Can't count how many times I had nothing but fairies and desperately needed a deertaur, and re-shuffle gave me one or two.

Oh, and personally, when I first start I put a fairy on the 2nd to last spot to the left, rather than right up front. Then in the 2nd round I put giantesses on the two spots just above that, after letting 3 or 4 continue to the lone fairy, that way the first couple rounds last longer, netting me 15+ more points than I'd normally have. Ideally that lets me summon Melany either the instant she pops up, or shortly after.

Good luck!

*Added* If they did add burping then God I hope it'd be togglable. Not interested in listening to 10+ rounds of belching.

Finally got it! The triple-deetaur seems to be what I've needed all along ^-^

As for the belching thing, going by what's on the discord it seems more like a visual thing, but I could be wrong and maybe they are adding sound as well.
Attachments
Three Star.png
EAT ME, FIGHT ME, GIVE ME A HUG!!!
calin22
Somewhat familiar

Postby CartoonVore » Fri May 28, 2021 3:30 pm

I think I just found another bug, one not mentioned in this thread.

Occasionally, a prey will run into the gauntlet with a green glow with the same color that you see on the teleporting animations. It happens whenever a prey enters at the same time that a pred teleports away.

EDIT: Found a couple more. Melany tried to grab a prey at the exact microsecond they stepped onto one of her traps. Her trap got filled and she still had a prey in her hand. I am 100% sure there were not two preys stack exactly on each other.

Another one happened at the end of the level. Melany was cleaning out her traps in the bottom-left corner. The only trap left with a prey was the top-left from her spot. She faced left and grabbed, but the trap was still full. She still had a prey in her hand which she nommed, and then she left, along with her traps and the one prey.

SECOND EDIT: Sometimes, a fairy grabs at a prey, they disappear, and she does not gulp anyone down. She grabs for another prey like she missed the first prey.
CartoonVore
Somewhat familiar

Postby Umhuebr » Sat May 29, 2021 1:46 am

This looks fantastic, and I'm sure it's tons of fun! Any possibility of a Mac port one day? I know it's a long shot, but hey, who knows, right? x3 Hope I manage to play this some day!
Congratulations on the game! Seriously looks amazing!
Umhuebr
New to the forum

Postby nanakra » Sat May 29, 2021 6:10 am

Umhuebr wrote:This looks fantastic, and I'm sure it's tons of fun! Any possibility of a Mac port one day? I know it's a long shot, but hey, who knows, right? x3 Hope I manage to play this some day!
Congratulations on the game! Seriously looks amazing!

It's built using RPGMZ so a Mac port is certainly possible I think.
Where to find me - My Link Tree | Discord: Nanakra#6922

On the development team for: Predator's Coliseum An RPG Maker vore game
nanakra
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby CartoonVore » Sat May 29, 2021 1:53 pm

Yet another minor bug. The cards you use to play the preds normally disappear at the end of the last wave, but I played a pred after the last prey was eaten, just for fun, and that card reappeared while the final nom count was being tabulated.

It's a great thing to have a lot of testers. No one person could reliably find all of the small bugs a video game has by themselves!

How is progress going for the next few levels? 8)
CartoonVore
Somewhat familiar

Postby DevS098 » Sat May 29, 2021 4:39 pm

CVYouTube wrote:Yet another minor bug. The cards you use to play the preds normally disappear at the end of the last wave, but I played a pred after the last prey was eaten, just for fun, and that card reappeared while the final nom count was being tabulated.

It's a great thing to have a lot of testers. No one person could reliably find all of the small bugs a video game has by themselves!

How is progress going for the next few levels? 8)

Well yeah, no release is perfect and especially the very first one. Progress is going fairly good at the moment though more than adding content, we're focused mainly on planning and discussing new stuffs, doing some minor additions and fixing the reported bugs. Thank you for the report and all the feedbacks received so far. It's good to know this game is getting so much love and I can't wait to add more content to it :D
DevS098
Participator

Postby CartoonVore » Sat May 29, 2021 4:46 pm

That's awesome that you've teamed up to create such an impactful game.

Another issue that I keep forgetting about is, at the second pred spot from the start of the gauntlet, when a shielded group walks up, and the pred has not recently tried to grab someone, they will try to strike at the shield too early and will miss. They do not recover in time to strike it before it rounds the corner, so even though they can strike it on the north side, they miss on the left. I'd imagine this is a tricky fix, because the timing is optimal to snatch up a prey, but not for striking a shield.

If they attack just a jiffy later, because they just got done trying to nom someone else, the strike will land as intended. I'd imagine that the fix for this is to slightly decrease the earliest point at which a pred will attack a shielded group.

Also, when a deerataur (if that's the species) attacks and stuns a group, they will proceed to the next tile before stopping, even though the stun animation is already displayed above their heads. I think I understand the technical side on why that happens. They had already started proceeding to that tile and that process can't be stopped partway, so I'll leave that up to you.

By the way, are those shields magical or physical?
CartoonVore
Somewhat familiar

Postby MissedIt » Mon May 31, 2021 1:09 pm

This is sooo much fun! Any chance there could be a quick mawshot appear upon losing for hosting this terrible "picnic"?

Also, I think I keep having a glitch where, despite me not seeing anyone get by, I suddenly notice I'm like 12 people down o.o happens after I get Melany set up

Also beat the game, the "towers" all left, but an armored setup wandered to the end, counted as escapees, an caused a 2 star after the game ended :(
MissedIt
---

Postby BlackRock » Tue Jun 01, 2021 11:16 am

Is there a gameplay video of this?
BlackRock
New to the forum

Postby CartoonVore » Tue Jun 01, 2021 12:35 pm

BlackRock wrote:Is there a gameplay video of this?

There is a video in the initial post.
CartoonVore
Somewhat familiar

Postby clone4000 » Wed Jun 02, 2021 6:10 am

calin22 wrote:...

Pretty much what's been said. Fill all slots to start with.
Nagas in the right for easy gains at the start.
No deer until wave 7 or 9, can't remember which, when the rocks come out and then use the first 3 slots and Nagas for the rest.
Use the antlered fae in the far left slot when you can without letting any slip past as she's great for picking stragglers and if she's got nothing better to do and has all the traps down she can stop 7.
I kept discarding my hand until I had at least one deer and naga to patch losses.
Also with the spells I ignored the 20 point bomb and used the 10 point gust to blow the creeps left to Reighton the straights at the top of the right entrance, top and bottom left to pick off one or two more when things look like they'll be overwhelmed.
clone4000
Somewhat familiar

Postby DevS098 » Fri Jun 04, 2021 12:38 pm

Teaser of the game's HUD rework for the next update. Many features have been added and a convenient tutorial for the next release is also under construction.
FVD-HUDTease1.jpg

FVD-HUDTease2.jpg
DevS098
Participator

Postby Circle0Trick » Mon Jun 07, 2021 4:05 pm

♥ ♥ UI ♥ ♥
I look forward to seeing ☆
Circle0Trick
Somewhat familiar

Postby EternalAbyss » Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:44 pm

havent played yet but i know it will be well worth the money i put forth
EternalAbyss
New to the forum

Postby kiriaflurry » Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:53 pm

This is purely mini's, yeah?
kiriaflurry
Somewhat familiar

Postby TeamFortress2 » Fri Jun 18, 2021 5:41 pm

Bug:

When one of the monsters leaves while I have them selected, I am unable to select any cards or spells, I can still shuffle and pause, but can't do anything to win the level
TeamFortress2
Somewhat familiar

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game