Rosalina vore game (V3)

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Rosalina vore game (V3)

Postby kratos530 » Fri Mar 05, 2021 7:05 pm

Hey everyone,

A few years ago, after playing the two Rosalina vore flash game available on the internet, I found it sad there wasn't a more complete game with the sprite and the ideas available.

So, being a developer, I decided to recreate these basic platformers and try to do more. I didn't go very far, because after finishing the game engine, I kinda forgot about it.

It's only with the shutdown of flash that I remembered the game existence. So, after cleaning it up, I decided to post it to see what you think about it.

For the game itself, it's a basic Mario platformer with Rosalina and some delicious koopas.

I plan to make some improvement on the hitbox, the sprites (currently working on a new set) and maybe get a story along the way.

If you have any ideas to improve the game, don't hesitate to share it.

download link:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1UA6VIqHR6DeF0AxOfU009CRuAgH9AGND/view?usp=sharing

Edit: the exe is in the bin folder
Last edited by kratos530 on Fri Mar 05, 2021 8:37 pm, edited 3 times in total.
kratos530
New to the forum

Re: Rosalina vore game (V3)

Postby vgove » Fri Mar 05, 2021 7:20 pm

it says access denied
vgove
Participator

Postby kratos530 » Fri Mar 05, 2021 7:26 pm

vgove wrote:it says access denied

Are you log in on the page?
kratos530
New to the forum

Postby KHLover » Fri Mar 05, 2021 7:46 pm

kratos530 wrote:

Yeah, I'm having the same issue. Cicking the aryion link automatically signs me out, and clicking login on the access denied page just says page not found.
"who needs logic when there's sex and orgasms to be had?" -A.I. Dungeon, 2020
KHLover
Somewhat familiar

Postby kratos530 » Fri Mar 05, 2021 7:54 pm

KHLover wrote:
kratos530 wrote:

Yeah, I'm having the same issue. Cicking the aryion link automatically signs me out, and clicking login on the access denied page just says page not found.

What about the google drive link?
kratos530
New to the forum

Postby KHLover » Fri Mar 05, 2021 8:08 pm

The gdrive link works. Nice, enjoyable game.
"who needs logic when there's sex and orgasms to be had?" -A.I. Dungeon, 2020
KHLover
Somewhat familiar

Postby rabidPsionic » Fri Mar 05, 2021 8:09 pm

Are you accepting critique? Just general design stuff, nothing from a programmer's point of view, as I'm not one.
rabidPsionic
Been posting for a bit

Postby kratos530 » Fri Mar 05, 2021 8:35 pm

rabidPsionic wrote:Are you accepting critique? Just general design stuff, nothing from a programmer's point of view, as I'm not one.

Sure, I don't know a lot about design and I welcome any reviews
kratos530
New to the forum

Postby rabidPsionic » Fri Mar 05, 2021 8:42 pm

kratos530 wrote:
rabidPsionic wrote:Are you accepting critique? Just general design stuff, nothing from a programmer's point of view, as I'm not one.

Sure, I don't know a lot about design and I welcome any reviews

To me, the different mechanics are at odds with each other. On one end, you have a platformer, which, while admittedly janky, is still fine enough. On the other hand, you have Rosalina eating Koopas which prevents her from doing the platforming. Why? It makes sense that she'd get heavier, but all it does is prevent you from playing the game. Especially after two, where she can't jump whatsoever. It's rare that your health would ever come into play, since you can barely even get to a third Koopa when you have two inside of you.

I would possibly reconsider how things work, or maybe choose a new direction to take this in should development continue. As it stands, the game isn't as fun as it could be, because the kink stuff is getting in the way of the platforming.
rabidPsionic
Been posting for a bit

Postby SquishySofty » Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:01 pm

I went ahead and played the game. I do have pointers- :-D

> Lives System
The only "Challenge" is by falling down into the pit and die. You'll instantly die instead of respawning with 1 life down (Or a game over at 0). I realized that having a full belly with 2 koopa's inside is another way to die which ticks down the lives counter with no invincibility, but that's highly unlikely, since you're prone to just wait it out until it's digested.

> Movements
An issue is that your momentum resets whenever you consume a koopa, which is noticeable in the harder level. You can't even attempt to grab a koopa and move, since the game programmed to automatically picks up a nearby koopa and consumes.
Another issue is that either the player jumps so high that the player doesn't have momentum to go through tight areas, or the level design itself is tight and not very beginner-friendly.

There is some janky bits with collisions on platforms, like sometimes it snaps you above platform, or below platform and resets your momentum like the vore animation. This is extremely noticeable on the hardest stage.
And Speaking of Koopas, there is no sprite of consuming red koopas, so it will default it to green instead.

> Vore System
As I said about the movement, you automatically picks up a koopa and consumes, instead of an individual action for it. This also tied up to where the only way to lose a life/get a game over is by falling into a pit, or get hit by a koopa at max belly (2 koopas consumed). Though, that's not the only issue.
The BIGGEST issue is that consuming any koopa, regardless if it was one or two, hinders your movement. Consuming 1 Koopa still doesn't progress throughout the level, especially if all levels are designed for a platforming environment that is designed for the player to jump higher.
Not feeling so well, don't expect much of me...
SquishySofty
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby daeway » Sat Mar 06, 2021 7:52 pm

huh... i haven't seen this game in a long time :D
daeway
Participator

Postby Persona59523 » Sat Mar 06, 2021 9:30 pm

quick question, where do we input the secret code?
Persona59523
Participator

Postby kratos530 » Sun Mar 07, 2021 5:17 am

Persona59523 wrote:quick question, where do we input the secret code?

The code is for next version, which should be released in a few weeks.
kratos530
New to the forum

Postby unzipsdick » Sun Mar 07, 2021 1:27 pm

I want to start off by saying that this game has a lot of potential, and I realize it's still in its early stages. However, I do have a couple of recommendations.

First is a relatively minor issue. When completely full, digesting is instant with no animation. Like I said, it's small, but adding an animation could make it a bit smoother.

rabidPsionic wrote:The kink stuff is getting in the way of the platforming.

I do think this is the biggest issue, even though the mechanics do make sense. In my opinion, the best direction this game could take is more of a puzzle-platformer route rather than something more focused on execution. That lends itself better to mobility-restricting mechanics that still mesh with the gameplay.

I look forward to seeing what comes out of this!
"What was it he said that got everyone so upset?"
"Be kind to each other."
"Oh yeah, that'll do it."
unzipsdick
Somewhat familiar

Postby Navien » Sun Mar 07, 2021 2:08 pm

Just a minor thing. Kink wise, i was wondering if it would be possible to have a diffrent type of vore when you jump on a foe, spesificly like an UB/AV kinda thing

Second;y, i noticed Rosilina feels very slippery when platforming. She seems to slip off of platforms a lot. I think this may be that she maybe has a round colision box but that's just my guess but i am noticing quite a bit where i slip off when it feels like i should have landed. Also in platforming games there's something called "cyotee time" where for just a few frames after you left the platform you can still jump. i think that might help a bit as well.
HEY!
Navien
Somewhat familiar

Postby spec69 » Mon Mar 08, 2021 11:04 pm

it would be nice if there was an enemy that ate you and you had to mash to escape or get digested
spec69
New to the forum

Postby 2littlebigcreepers » Fri Mar 12, 2021 2:09 pm

The one problem I keep having is that the VCRUNTIME.dll file is missing, I don't know if that's missing or it's my computer.
2littlebigcreepers
Been posting for a bit

Postby Unidentified17 » Mon Mar 15, 2021 12:34 pm

having the same problem with the VCRUNTIME.dll file
Unidentified17
Been posting for a bit

Postby Anonno » Tue Mar 16, 2021 2:06 am

Unidentified17 wrote:having the same problem with the VCRUNTIME.dll file

2littlebigcreepers wrote:The one problem I keep having is that the VCRUNTIME.dll file is missing, I don't know if that's missing or it's my computer.

For those having problems with the dll files you can use this site to download dll's you don't have.
https://www.dll-files.com/vcruntime140.dll.html

You probably have it already, but here's the sprite sheets for the game. This game is old, like 4-6 years old. I'm glad to see someone else working on it.Here's some history on this game. The original was made by a deviantart account called dominationfemales, who made a bunch of vore games and interactives, after the orginal creator left it was reuploaded by another account called ownednooberhaha. The second version was remade by nightmare49 in the game engine phaser, which is where this sprite sheet is from. I could never get theirs to work, they eventually went on hiatus. I'm glad to see it pop up once again.
Attachments
Rosalina-Walking.png
Koopa_Troopa.png
Koopa_Troopa.png (4.99 KiB) Viewed 13573 times
Anonno
Somewhat familiar

Postby kratos530 » Tue Mar 16, 2021 9:16 am

Anonno wrote:You probably have it already, but here's the sprite sheets for the game. This game is old, like 4-6 years old. I'm glad to see someone else working on it.Here's some history on this game. The original was made by a deviantart account called dominationfemales, who made a bunch of vore games and interactives, after the orginal creator left it was reuploaded by another account called ownednooberhaha. The second version was remade by nightmare49 in the game engine phaser, which is where this sprite sheet is from. I could never get theirs to work, they eventually went on hiatus. I'm glad to see it pop up once again.

I actually didn't know. The oldest project I could find was the one from nightmare49, and the sprite sheet was limited. So thanks for these new sprites. :-D
kratos530
New to the forum

Next

Return to Vore game