Two days at the vortex

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Did you survive? Only your FIRST run counts :P

Yes, vacation was fun!
55%
Yes, vacation was not-so-fun
18%
Nope, I was gurgled
27%

Total votes : 89

Two days at the vortex

Postby tst12 » Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:29 am

Note this is only 80% complete, if any game ever is. It is playable. I may or may not ever finish it.

This game takes place in the "casual" version of the regime universe. This universe consists of everyday casual vore, no more serious than sexual relations in other times. It's common to see wriggling bellies, and most people never make it out of their twenties even though medical immortality is a reality. Most people who are digested wound up aroused, and so didn't defend themselves, although it's perfectly possible (and mostly legal) to shove someone down your throat by force. Be advised a lot of folks have a dim view of it, so you might be putting yourself in danger if you do. In a post-scarcity society, breeding is rampant and so properity can only be maintained by reducing the population somehow! Engineers have modified EVERYONE to have a vore fetish. Unlike the more serious version, escaping a stomach by yourself is nearly impossible. It is in this world your game begins..

Okay, so there is barely enough logic here for this thing to call itself a game vs. an interactive story. Still, let me know what you think! Maybe I'll replace this poll with some other poll after a while.

|M/F| |F/M| |F/F| |F/player| |Player/F| |fatality| |implied digestion| with settings for |painful digestion| |sex|
Right now, the game leans player prey, but that is not an artifact of intent but of me running out of weekend.

http://textadventures.co.uk/games/view/yhaef5by0kqe4zv_ayrfua/two-days-at-the-vortex-beta-test-3-1
Fixed the game file. Sorry about that. Uploaded a buggy version at first.
Edit 2: The new link works much better. For some reason, the website won't actually update the old one..
Edit 3: This link will keep updating if bugs are found. The game seems playable, go for it..
Last edited by tst12 on Thu Mar 04, 2021 9:22 am, edited 3 times in total.
tst12
Participator

Re: Two days at the vortex

Postby dagar » Thu Mar 04, 2021 2:02 am

If you go with a partner to get the tickets, then come back and don't piss off the boys who ate Olivia, she then magically is okay as the scene has them go to the beach and Olivia is eaten by a man there as normal. I assumed it was a bug, as the text before implied heavily that she wasn't getting out of that gut. ^^;
dagar
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby tst12 » Thu Mar 04, 2021 2:06 am

dagar wrote:If you go with a partner to get the tickets, then come back and don't piss off the boys who ate Olivia, she then magically is okay as the scene has them go to the beach and Olivia is eaten by a man there as normal. I assumed it was a bug, as the text before implied heavily that she wasn't getting out of that gut. ^^;

Whoops, something didn't get copied and pasted, or there is a syntax error somewhere.

Spoiler: show
Basically, she wasn't in there very long and they let her out, so first aid was able to take care of her acid burns. There was supposed to me more description there. Let me fix that.
tst12
Participator

Postby night22 » Thu Mar 04, 2021 4:10 am

I think you should throw in more opportunities for the player to be pred.
night22
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby tst12 » Thu Mar 04, 2021 9:24 am

night22 wrote:I think you should throw in more opportunities for the player to be pred.

Yes, yes I will!

I don't really want to publish a new version of the game until I have 5 or 10 more choices for things, though, or it will just be boring for people to check back on to try to find one or two new possibilities.
tst12
Participator

Postby Hivelord » Thu Mar 04, 2021 9:48 am

So its a short fun but lacking in certain areas.

-There are typos a bit everywhere and some sentences seem to be missing some words.

-The lengthy digestion counters the "lore" that digestion seems to be pleasurefull, like Olivia is supposedly moaning in one scene then crying in another, when you get digested with lengthy digestion pain is a huge thing in those scenes. Kind of a kill joy for me and a bit inconsistent.

-The swallowing is too short for me. Like it always either already done or done in less than 2 seconds. To me the swallowing is an integral part of the whole thing so would love to see it expanded.

- A bit sad by the lack of character description but i can imagine it being to let the player use his imagination. (Its especially in regards to bustiness etc. Is the girl a big pred or prey)

-Pacing feels a bit too fast for me and a bit lacking in potential preds.

-Not enough description or stuff like that when one of your friends gets eaten. Would love it to have that expanded, also give Blair possibilities of getting eaten without having to have a game over.

Overall good start but needs more.
When you say the "regime" universe do you mean the life guard one (still hoping you finish that game). Would love to try it out.
Hivelord
Somewhat familiar

Postby ryanshowseason3 » Thu Mar 04, 2021 11:22 am

Fantastic, Not long but opportunity for a lot of different ways for things to play out.

Only thing that is missing are images and more routes.

Also I noticed that when I ate the woman at the end of the first night something glitched out and it neither game me a game over or options to proceed, just sort of stopped. Might be a browser bug on my end though if no one else has had that issue.
ryanshowseason3
???

Postby tst12 » Thu Mar 04, 2021 11:35 am

Hivelord wrote:So its a short fun but lacking in certain areas.

-There are typos a bit everywhere and some sentences seem to be missing some words.

-The lengthy digestion counters the "lore" that digestion seems to be pleasurefull, like Olivia is supposedly moaning in one scene then crying in another, when you get digested with lengthy digestion pain is a huge thing in those scenes. Kind of a kill joy for me and a bit inconsistent.

-The swallowing is too short for me. Like it always either already done or done in less than 2 seconds. To me the swallowing is an integral part of the whole thing so would love to see it expanded.

- A bit sad by the lack of character description but i can imagine it being to let the player use his imagination. (Its especially in regards to bustiness etc. Is the girl a big pred or prey)

-Pacing feels a bit too fast for me and a bit lacking in potential preds.

-Not enough description or stuff like that when one of your friends gets eaten. Would love it to have that expanded, also give Blair possibilities of getting eaten without having to have a game over.

Overall good start but needs more.
When you say the "regime" universe do you mean the life guard one (still hoping you finish that game). Would love to try it out.

-I could have spellchecked it, but this already torpedoed an entire weekend. I will be sure to spellcheck the next round of stuff that gets added to the game, and go back and fix the other stuff as well. It is labeled "beta test" :P

-Since everyone has a fetish for vore, it can be stimulating to be eaten. The theme was that is kind of hurts the most right in the end. In the lifeguard game, I made it a bit more consistent (it gradually hurts more and more). It would be a LOT of work to do 1.) hurts gradually 2.) feels good 3.) hurts the whole time versions. However, you can set digestion to "implied" rather than "painful/detailed" does that help?

-I don't think adding more swallowing detail would bother people, so rather than adding it as an option I can probably just find the swallowing scenes and add more to them. (Anyone can pub me if you are interested in helping out with that.)
-Yes - I used to do photomanips, but this project alone killed an entire weekend, which I often don't even get. I *am* on the fence about adding more character descriptions, but I almost let you choose the names and genders of your friends. I could have a selection of physical characteristics for each of them, but again, I'm gonna need another weekend to get that all done.

-I specifically designed this game to be fast so that I could finish it quickly. That might be an inherent problem. Again, I'm not above crediting other people and putting their stuff in. I will try to do better on that next time, though, it does feel fast. I have 20 pages of story, but you are lucky to actually activate half of it on any given round - that's just the name of the game.

-Yes! I specifically like the lifeguard game a lot; I don't know if it had all these weaknesses. But I specifically didn't want it to be my first game, this whole thing is kind of a shakedown cruise at this point. (But the threadis here: viewtopic.php?f=79&t=55394&hilit=lifeguard). Yea, that one wasn't even going to use adventurequest here.

ryanshowseason3 wrote:Fantastic, Not long but opportunity for a lot of different ways for things to play out.

Only thing that is missing are images and more routes.

Also I noticed that when I ate the woman at the end of the first night something glitched out and it neither game me a game over or options to proceed, just sort of stopped. Might be a browser bug on my end though if no one else has had that issue.

Whoops, might be a few days but I'll check out that glitch. One problem with the system I'm using (I'll go to a better one after I'm done with my artificial intelligence class) is that the only way to identify syntax errors is to execute them (or spot them, but then it wouldn't be a syntax error). And there is a lot of syntax. I might share the code. I decided last night to publish the test since my time will be limited, and feedback makes everything go so much faster. Thanks!
tst12
Participator

Postby ryanshowseason3 » Thu Mar 04, 2021 6:28 pm

I have the same problem with renpy and python, mostly syntax bugs but they don't show up until execution.
ryanshowseason3
???

Postby vore2412 » Thu Mar 04, 2021 8:09 pm

tst12 wrote:Note this is only 80% complete, if any game ever is. It is playable. I may or may not ever finish it.

This game takes place in the "casual" version of the regime universe. This universe consists of everyday casual vore, no more serious than sexual relations in other times. It's common to see wriggling bellies, and most people never make it out of their twenties even though medical immortality is a reality. Most people who are digested wound up aroused, and so didn't defend themselves, although it's perfectly possible (and mostly legal) to shove someone down your throat by force. Be advised a lot of folks have a dim view of it, so you might be putting yourself in danger if you do. In a post-scarcity society, breeding is rampant and so properity can only be maintained by reducing the population somehow! Engineers have modified EVERYONE to have a vore fetish. Unlike the more serious version, escaping a stomach by yourself is nearly impossible. It is in this world your game begins..

Okay, so there is barely enough logic here for this thing to call itself a game vs. an interactive story. Still, let me know what you think! Maybe I'll replace this poll with some other poll after a while.

|M/F| |F/M| |F/F| |F/player| |Player/F| |fatality| |implied digestion| with settings for |painful digestion| |sex|
Right now, the game leans player prey, but that is not an artifact of intent but of me running out of weekend.

http://textadventures.co.uk/games/view/yhaef5by0kqe4zv_ayrfua/two-days-at-the-vortex-beta-test-3-1
Fixed the game file. Sorry about that. Uploaded a buggy version at first.
Edit 2: The new link works much better. For some reason, the website won't actually update the old one..
Edit 3: This link will keep updating if bugs are found. The game seems playable, go for it..

Survived, but with Blair and Olivia both digested.
vore2412
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Ryuuenzan » Thu Mar 04, 2021 11:53 pm

-Yes! I specifically like the lifeguard game a lot; I don't know if it had all these weaknesses. But I specifically didn't want it to be my first game, this whole thing is kind of a shakedown cruise at this point. (But the threadis here: viewtopic.php?f=79&t=55394&hilit=lifeguard). Yea, that one wasn't even going to use adventurequest here.

Given how this one played out, despite the bugs (accidentally ignored the friend on day 2, game ended as if i got eaten, with no explanation), I would actually love to see the lifeguard game. This was a bit short, aye, but it was most certainly something I didnt expect to see today, and was something I enjoyed. I will say I went out of my way to see how each ending played out, and I think my favorite was feeding myself to the friend and just opting to stay (but i preffer willing stuff anyway XD). The 2nd day however seems to love ending with no explanation as if your friend eats you, so that might be something to look into, assuming of course no one has said that yet (did read through the comments, but i have the memory of a goldfish, so...)

Edit: Sorry, misread the text unintentionally, as if the player had been eaten. it implies others have been, but as the topic was the players i assumed it meant them directly. I missed the context and misunderstood.
Ryuuenzan
Been posting for a bit

Postby Winny » Sun Mar 07, 2021 12:42 pm

The game was short but fun! Hopefully you continue to build upon it. Also looked at your lifeguard thread, did you ever post a game to play in that forum thread or was it just a concept thread?
Winny
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Hiddendream » Wed Mar 17, 2021 11:45 pm

This was short but quite fun, I saw a fair number of bugs and continuity errors, such as my female protagonist suddenly being named AJ when you meet the woman in the parking lot. Looking forward to seeing more of it for certain though... I definitely want to see more of the route past the games only current pred scene.
Hiddendream
Been posting for a bit

Return to Vore game