Devourment Refactor

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Devourment Refactor

Postby Trivu » Thu Apr 29, 2021 12:41 pm

All this talk of camera related bugs has got me wondering, which camera mods do people actually recommend for use with this mod? I've been using the same thing for a long time, and it has just enough oddities, that I have to assume that it's not the optimal choice.
Trivu
Been posting for a bit

Postby LostCause » Thu Apr 29, 2021 12:42 pm

Personally I don't have issues with Immersive First Person View and Customizable Camera. Everytime I thought an issue might have been due to them it wasn't the case, so I'm assuming they won't break anything until proven otherwise.
LostCause
Participator

Postby markdf » Thu Apr 29, 2021 12:45 pm

Trivu wrote:All this talk of camera related bugs has got me wondering, which camera mods do people actually recommend for use with this mod? I've been using the same thing for a long time, and it has just enough oddities, that I have to assume that it's not the optimal choice.

I use Improved Camera beta4, and it's never done me wrong.
markdf
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby LostCause » Thu Apr 29, 2021 12:53 pm

Someone else who has the black box issue let me see their mod list and they pretty much only have the dependencies installed. The only extras they have are 3BA, CBBE, SOS, HDT-SMP, CBPC and Alternate Start - Live Another Life. I don't understand what could be causing the problem and why it would have only started happening around a few weeks ago (at least for me). I've had all of those things installed from the very start and I'm pretty sure I haven't changed anything on my PC or Skyrim settings.

I'm assuming they are but are all your mods up to date mark? I recently updated More Informative Console and Papyrus Extender so perhaps it could be something to do with that. Running out of ideas...
LostCause
Participator

Postby markdf » Thu Apr 29, 2021 12:56 pm

LostCause wrote:Someone else who has the black box issue let me see their mod list and they pretty much only have the dependencies installed. The only extras they have are 3BA, CBBE, SOS, HDT-SMP, CBPC and Alternate Start - Live Another Life. I don't understand what could be causing the problem and why it would have only started happening around a few weeks ago (at least for me). I've had all of those things installed from the very start and I'm pretty sure I haven't changed anything on my PC or Skyrim settings.

I'm assuming they are but are all your mods up to date mark? I recently updated More Informative Console, Papyrus Extender so perhaps it could be something to do with that. Running out of ideas...

Yes, I update religiously.

Can you export your Devourment settings? There's an option in the Debugging tab (labelled "Save Settings" or something like that). I'd like to see what settings you have set differently than I do. If it's a devourment setting, then starting a new game wouldn't fix it -- because Devourment goes out of its way to restore your previous settings when you start a new character.
markdf
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby LostCause » Thu Apr 29, 2021 12:57 pm

markdf wrote:
LostCause wrote:Someone else who has the black box issue let me see their mod list and they pretty much only have the dependencies installed. The only extras they have are 3BA, CBBE, SOS, HDT-SMP, CBPC and Alternate Start - Live Another Life. I don't understand what could be causing the problem and why it would have only started happening around a few weeks ago (at least for me). I've had all of those things installed from the very start and I'm pretty sure I haven't changed anything on my PC or Skyrim settings.

I'm assuming they are but are all your mods up to date mark? I recently updated More Informative Console, Papyrus Extender so perhaps it could be something to do with that. Running out of ideas...

Yes, I update religiously.

Can you export your Devourment settings? There's an option in the Debugging tab (labelled "Save Settings" or something like that). I'd like to see what settings you have set differently than I do. If it's a devourment setting, then starting a new game wouldn't fix it -- because Devourment goes out of its way to restore your previous settings when you start a new character.

What about 3BA? I updated that on the 17th. Will get my settings now.
LostCause
Participator

Postby LostCause » Thu Apr 29, 2021 1:08 pm

Here's the contents of my settings.json. I did adjust some settings while testing, the settings were struggle rate, minimum swallow chance and struggle damage. The issue happened before I changed those settings.
Spoiler: show
{
"AcidDamageModifier": 0.60000002384185791,
"AlternateStruggleSystem": 1,
"AltPerkMenus": 0,
"AutoStruggleChance": 0.25,
"BURPSRATE": 16.0,
"CameraShake": 0.39999997615814209,
"CombatAcceleration": 1,
"creaturePreds": 0,
"crouchScat": 1,
"DigestionScaling": 1,
"DigestionTime": 240.0,
"drawnAnimations": 0,
"EquippableBellyType": 0,
"femalePreds": 1,
"GURGLESRATE": 8.0,
"ItemBurping": 0.34999999403953552,
"keepHUD": 2,
"KillEssential": 1,
"killNPCs": 1,
"killPlayer": 1,
"liveMultiplier": 4.5,
"malePreds": 1,
"MicroMode": 0,
"minimumSwallowChance": 0.05000000074505806,
"MorphSpeed": 0.049999997019767761,
"multiPrey": 2,
"newPlayer": 0,
"noEscape": 1,
"notifications": 1,
"npcAutoVore": 0,
"NPCBonus": 1.0,
"PlayerAlias.DefaultLocus": 0,
"Scaling_Locus0": 1.0,
"Scaling_Locus0_Max": 5.0,
"Scaling_Locus1": 5.0,
"Scaling_Locus1_Max": 25.0,
"Scaling_Locus3": 2.0,
"Scaling_Locus3_Max": 10.0,
"Scaling_Locus4": 4.0,
"Scaling_Locus4_Max": 20.0,
"scatTypeBolus": 1,
"scatTypeCreature": 1,
"scatTypeNPC": 1,
"screamSounds": 1,
"shitItems": 0,
"skillGain": 1,
"SkullsForDragons": 0,
"SkullsForEssential": 1,
"SkullsForEveryone": 1,
"SkullsForUnique": 1,
"SkullsForUnleveled": 1,
"SkullsSeparate": 1,
"Slider_Locus0": "Vore Prey Belly",
"Slider_Locus1": "ChubbyButt",
"Slider_Locus3": "BreastNewSH",
"Slider_Locus4": "SOS - BallsSize",
"StomachStrip": 0,
"StruggleAmplitude": 1.1499999761581421,
"struggleDamage": 1.0,
"struggleDifficulty": 6.0,
"UseEliminationLocus": 1,
"UseHelpMessages": 1,
"UseLocationalMorphs": 1,
"UseMorphVore": 1,
"UseStruggleSliders": 1,
"VomitStyle": 2,
"WeightGain": 0.10000000149011612,
"whoStruggles": 2
}

Oh and on the topic of settings, how does the weight gain within the devourment MCM work exactly? Is the maximum value of 20 equivalent to 20% of the maximum weight value? Or is 0.2 equivalent to 20%?
Last edited by LostCause on Thu Apr 29, 2021 1:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
LostCause
Participator

Postby markdf » Thu Apr 29, 2021 1:10 pm

FInfinity wrote:Got a dumb idea. It would be a complete was of your time and skill. But hear me out anyway.

Killed a wolf and looted it to find a random bunch of shit in his inventory. I was super confused till I remembered I'd been experimenting with the absorption disposal method earlier and the wolf had "merchant clothes" in it's inventory. Obviously earlier while absorption disposal was turned on the wolf ate and absorbed a traveling merchant.

This got a giggle out of me and reminded me of the Vore mod for Rimworld. Now it didn't happen very often but in a case where an animal somehow managed to eat and digest a person in the Rimworld Vore mod that animal would be given an upgrade and a name. So you could be walking in the forest and suddenly see a Wolf named Throat-Bitter or something and you'd know that wolf had vored someone.

So I'm guess'n my not-so-original idea is pretty obvious at this point, but what if you made it to were if an animal eats a person they got a level up and a random name? Or maybe they get the name of the person they ate or something. Imagine getting attacked by a pack of level 1 wolfs and one of them is a level 2 wolf named Stormcloak Solider. Or you're doing Bleak Falls Barrow and now you have to fight the Draugr known as Arvel The Swift. Or lord forbid you get snuffed out yourself. You reform in the stomach of a friendly, but now you have to go fight MarkDF the frost troll to get your stuff back. Haha.

Anyway, just a random little idea. Keep up the good work mate.

Turns out this is super easy to do...
markdf
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby LostCause » Thu Apr 29, 2021 1:25 pm

Seeing as even people with small mod lists are encountering this I feel that there's no point in me continuing to test if a mod I have is causing it. I just noticed you got a new version out already so tomorrow I'll install that and check the other things I haven't gotten round to checking due to messing around with the black box. Who knows, maybe the black box will be gone too.
LostCause
Participator

Postby markdf » Thu Apr 29, 2021 2:25 pm

LostCause wrote:Seeing as even people with small mod lists are encountering this I feel that there's no point in me continuing to test if a mod I have is causing it. I just noticed you got a new version out already so tomorrow I'll install that and check the other things I haven't gotten round to checking due to messing around with the black box. Who knows, maybe the black box will be gone too.

Yes, I'm thinking it's some particular combination of Devourment settings that is causing something strange to happen.
markdf
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Horatius Horatio » Thu Apr 29, 2021 2:26 pm

I'm getting an installation error in Vortex with today's release:

The installer DevourmentRefactor-2021-04-29.7z is invalid and couldn't be installed:
Invalid XML: The element 'plugin' has incomplete content. List of possible elements expected: 'file, conditionFlags, typeDescriptor'. (Line 186, Pos 9)
The element 'plugin' has incomplete content. List of possible elements expected: 'file, conditionFlags, typeDescriptor'. (Line 193, Pos 9)
Horatius Horatio
Somewhat familiar

Postby rallenjm » Thu Apr 29, 2021 3:06 pm

Horatius Horatio wrote:I'm getting an installation error in Vortex with today's release:

The installer DevourmentRefactor-2021-04-29.7z is invalid and couldn't be installed:
Invalid XML: The element 'plugin' has incomplete content. List of possible elements expected: 'file, conditionFlags, typeDescriptor'. (Line 186, Pos 9)
The element 'plugin' has incomplete content. List of possible elements expected: 'file, conditionFlags, typeDescriptor'. (Line 193, Pos 9)

same here
rallenjm
New to the forum

Postby Timo2141 » Thu Apr 29, 2021 3:20 pm

Horatius Horatio wrote:I'm getting an installation error in Vortex with today's release:

same
Timo2141
New to the forum

Postby Isha » Thu Apr 29, 2021 4:13 pm

Timo2141 wrote:

same

That appears to be an error with the XML that guides the automated installation. There's not really a lot any of us can do, unless we're really good at XML and know what changes need to be made and how.

Also, to piggyback a bit and avoid making two posts: I'm considering some significant revisions to Blood of the Pred; please check my message in the BotP thread (linked below) and let me know if you have an opinion one way or another.
Blood of the Pred is reborn for Devourment Refactor. Keep up to date at viewtopic.php?f=79&t=42376
Isha
Participator

Postby mauler158 » Thu Apr 29, 2021 5:22 pm

someone has posted a fixed XML on the loverslab thread: https://www.loverslab.com/topic/165160- ... r/page/22/
mauler158
Somewhat familiar

Postby FInfinity » Thu Apr 29, 2021 6:11 pm

markdf wrote:
FInfinity wrote:Got a dumb idea. It would be a complete was of your time and skill. But hear me out anyway.

Killed a wolf and looted it to find a random bunch of shit in his inventory. I was super confused till I remembered I'd been experimenting with the absorption disposal method earlier and the wolf had "merchant clothes" in it's inventory. Obviously earlier while absorption disposal was turned on the wolf ate and absorbed a traveling merchant.

This got a giggle out of me and reminded me of the Vore mod for Rimworld. Now it didn't happen very often but in a case where an animal somehow managed to eat and digest a person in the Rimworld Vore mod that animal would be given an upgrade and a name. So you could be walking in the forest and suddenly see a Wolf named Throat-Bitter or something and you'd know that wolf had vored someone.

So I'm guess'n my not-so-original idea is pretty obvious at this point, but what if you made it to were if an animal eats a person they got a level up and a random name? Or maybe they get the name of the person they ate or something. Imagine getting attacked by a pack of level 1 wolfs and one of them is a level 2 wolf named Stormcloak Solider. Or you're doing Bleak Falls Barrow and now you have to fight the Draugr known as Arvel The Swift. Or lord forbid you get snuffed out yourself. You reform in the stomach of a friendly, but now you have to go fight MarkDF the frost troll to get your stuff back. Haha.

Anyway, just a random little idea. Keep up the good work mate.

Turns out this is super easy to do...

Really now? Well if you are up for it, I believe it would make a amusing addition.

Edit: Oh. You already did. Well play'd. You're doing God's work mate. Maybe not the Christian God, but... one of them.
FInfinity
Somewhat familiar

Postby FInfinity » Thu Apr 29, 2021 11:20 pm

"Added a video of how vomitting works.
Old-school Devourment users know about this, but newer users may not.
It's so goddam fun."

Use the remains of your enemies as a combat trick!
FInfinity
Somewhat familiar

Postby Datstrudel » Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:21 am

This may have been answered, but I couldn't find it so I apologize.
How do you get the creature bellies to appear? I have tried quite a bit, but couldn't figure it out.
Datstrudel
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby zerothx16 » Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:27 am

Datstrudel wrote:This may have been answered, but I couldn't find it so I apologize.
How do you get the creature bellies to appear? I have tried quite a bit, but couldn't figure it out.

Some of the creature bellies don't work. As always make sure you have no other mods that affect creatures, such as creature variety expansions or creature sex mods. If you don't have any of that, then I can also confirm some of the creature bellies arent working correctly. I have not tested all creatures but cows, chickens and horses and spriggans do have working bellies. Wolves, sabercats, spiders, and bears don't. There was some recent work done that improved the sliders and bellies by a ton plus added some variety. Since then some creatures arent working, so either Mark will have to find whats wrong, or he will have to contact the ones that worked on it, to see if the problem was caused on their own end. It might take a while to get fixed unfortunately from my experience reporting them before.
zerothx16
Somewhat familiar

Postby Datstrudel » Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:34 am

zerothx16 wrote:
Datstrudel wrote:This may have been answered, but I couldn't find it so I apologize.

Some of the creature bellies don't work. As always make sure you have no other mods that affect creatures, such as creature variety expansions or creature sex mods. If you don't have any of that, then I can also confirm some of the creature bellies arent working correctly. I have not tested all creatures but cows, chickens and horses and spriggans do have working bellies. Wolves, sabercats, spiders, and bears don't. There was some recent work done that improved the sliders and bellies by a ton plus added some variety. Since then some creatures arent working, so either Mark will have to find whats wrong, or he will have to contact the ones that worked on it, to see if the problem was caused on their own end. It might take a while to get fixed unfortunately from my experience reporting them before.

It seems I had a mod that messed with creatures, but I've since removed it. It was immersive creatures, the one that adds tons of new ones.
Although I still can't seem to get the bellies to appear on the working creatures. Is there something I need to do or just do a fresh install of devourment to see if that fixes it?
Datstrudel
Intermediate Vorarephile

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game