Devourment Refactor

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Devourment Refactor

Postby markdf » Fri Apr 30, 2021 5:56 pm

jokerert1 wrote:
markdf wrote:
jokerert1 wrote:the only hotkey that works for me is the devourment menu.

edit: also the prey dialogue key works fine.

If you enable debugging mode, do the compel Vore and forget spells hotkeys work?

Im sorry i replied to late. compel Vore works fine but forget spells does not seem to work.

That's strange. If you open the spells menu, select a spell, and hit the forget key, nothing happens at all?
markdf
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Talon13 » Fri Apr 30, 2021 6:00 pm

Welp since no one really answered me I went ahead and systematically went through my mods. Apparently adding the mods Thunderchild and/or More Apocalypse just yeets the vore spells right out of your inventory without a way to get them back
Talon13
Participator

Postby jokerert1 » Fri Apr 30, 2021 6:47 pm

markdf wrote:That's strange. If you open the spells menu, select a spell, and hit the forget key, nothing happens at all?

Ok im sorry. the forget key works fine. sorry for the misinformation.
jokerert1
Been posting for a bit

Postby Rshook69 » Fri Apr 30, 2021 6:53 pm

Talon13 wrote:Welp since no one really answered me I went ahead and systematically went through my mods. Apparently adding the mods Thunderchild and/or More Apocalypse just yeets the vore spells right out of your inventory without a way to get them back

When you mean by spells, you mean as the powers like race powers or actual spells like the Destruction or Restoration classes for example? Cause the vore abilities/powers seem to be working fine for me even with both mods on
Rshook69
Been posting for a bit

Postby Talon13 » Fri Apr 30, 2021 7:22 pm

I mean when they show up as shouts or spells in your spell loadout. If I added either of the mods I mentioned the then they just disappear
Talon13
Participator

Postby Masxohn » Fri Apr 30, 2021 7:25 pm

markdf wrote:The conditions for dialog can be changed if there's a compelling reason to do so. The core devourment mod doesn't have any dragon dialog, so there's no reason to expand it to include the ActorTypeDragon keyword. And the rest of what you've posted indicates a lot of reasons why that wouldn't be a good idea anyway. But keep reading.

The problem isn't with keywords at all so there is no need to even add those keywords. I'm trying to figure out why dialog with a dragon works perfectly fine when they have eaten you, but stops dead in it's tracks when you have eaten them, I don't even know why adding ActorTypeNPC keyword to the dragon race would make any difference but it worked and not feasible. My logic is: Since everything else is working then why is this part here not working when the other 70% or so is working.
Thanks for point me towards OnKeyDown event, from a bit of comparing and looking around to see what part would start what and testing in game (thanks for the log messages as that told me where something possibly went wrong) it gave me a direction to look. Thanks to debug mode and the log messages, it ends even before it hands off to DevourmentDialog script. Using debug mode and the log messages caused the line "ConsoleUtil.PrintMessage("No live prey found.")" to be run because the previous if check (talker) returned false. Following that to DevourmentManager and searching for "FindATalker" and scrolling down a bit to "IsATalker" appears to be where it goes wrong. The 2 Sections there that check for ActorTypeNPC (could be only one of them but I can't tell which one is for what) appear to be the cause. 2 Possible ways to fix it, remove the ActorTypeNPC check or add a ActorTypeCreature check (animal would be completely redundant due to the check for that keyword in devourmentdialog "No dialog with animals!"). I'd go test this out myself (to see if it fixes it and for stability) if I could compile the psc source file. Also after looking through the races of stuff, it looks like that check would be half redundant as most of the things you wouldn't be able to talk to because it has the ActorTypeAnimal keyword, this is assuming that it's the cause of the problem. Also if that is indeed the cause then it'd still fail if anyone attempted to make any add-ons for dragon dialogue since it isn't even considered a talker to begin with.
Masxohn
Participator

Postby markdf » Fri Apr 30, 2021 7:35 pm

Masxohn wrote:
markdf wrote:The conditions for dialog can be changed if there's a compelling reason to do so. The core devourment mod doesn't have any dragon dialog, so there's no reason to expand it to include the ActorTypeDragon keyword. And the rest of what you've posted indicates a lot of reasons why that wouldn't be a good idea anyway. But keep reading.

The problem isn't with keywords at all so there is no need to even add those keywords. I'm trying to figure out why dialog with a dragon works perfectly fine when they have eaten you, but stops dead in it's tracks when you have eaten them, I don't even know why adding ActorTypeNPC keyword to the dragon race would make any difference but it worked and not feasible. My logic is: Since everything else is working then why is this part here not working when the other 70% or so is working.
Thanks for point me towards OnKeyDown event, from a bit of comparing and looking around to see what part would start what and testing in game (thanks for the log messages as that told me where something possibly went wrong) it gave me a direction to look. Thanks to debug mode and the log messages, it ends even before it hands off to DevourmentDialog script. Using debug mode and the log messages caused the line "ConsoleUtil.PrintMessage("No live prey found.")" to be run because the previous if check (talker) returned false. Following that to DevourmentManager and searching for "FindATalker" and scrolling down a bit to "IsATalker" appears to be where it goes wrong. The 2 Sections there that check for ActorTypeNPC (could be only one of them but I can't tell which one is for what) appear to be the cause. 2 Possible ways to fix it, remove the ActorTypeNPC check or add a ActorTypeCreature check (animal would be completely redundant due to the check for that keyword in devourmentdialog "No dialog with animals!"). I'd go test this out myself (to see if it fixes it and for stability) if I could compile the psc source file. Also after looking through the races of stuff, it looks like that check would be half redundant as most of the things you wouldn't be able to talk to because it has the ActorTypeAnimal keyword, this is assuming that it's the cause of the problem. Also if that is indeed the cause then it'd still fail if anyone attempted to make any add-ons for dragon dialogue since it isn't even considered a talker to begin with.

Simple workaround -- if you have a mod that adds dialog to non-humanoid Actors, why not have that mod add a custom keyword to those actors? Devourment can check for any keywords we want it to.
markdf
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Masxohn » Fri Apr 30, 2021 8:32 pm

markdf wrote:Simple workaround -- if you have a mod that adds dialog to non-humanoid Actors, why not have that mod add a custom keyword to those actors? Devourment can check for any keywords we want it to.

Even with a custom keyword added, it'd most likely still fail. Mainly because this Section:
Spoiler: show
if KeyCode == DIALOG_KEY
if VoreDialog.GetValue() != 0.0 && !DialogQuest.Activated && SafeProcess() && Manager.HasLivePrey(playerRef)
Actor talker = Manager.FindATalker()
if talker
DialogQuest.DoDialog_PlayerAndPrey(talker)
elseif Manager.DEBUGGING
ConsoleUtil.PrintMessage("No live prey found.")
endIf
endIf

Fails to find an actor it can talk to and you get no response unless debug mode is turned on. I think and assume it is because of this section:
bool Function IsATalker(Actor target)
if !target
return false
elseif Has(playerRef, target)
int preyData = GetPreyData(target)
return target.HasKeyword(ActorTypeNPC) && IsAlive(preyData) && !IsPrey(playerRef)
elseif Has(target, playerRef)
int preyData = GetPreyData(playerRef)
return target.HasKeyword(ActorTypeNPC) && IsAlive(preyData) && !IsPrey(target)
else
return false
endIf
EndFunction

Since it is being very specific on it has to have ActorTypeNPC, being alive, and is prey. Then if one of those is not there, it'll then not consider them being a target you can talk to when you press the G key. That's IF that's the cause, and I can't check or test it because I can't compile it (I've tried before, and it just hates me). It is also specifically only to when you try to talk to them when you have eaten them, everything else will go through just fine.
Edit#1: Also to be noted, if anyone made an add-on they'd have to change that talker section as well (assuming it's the cause) and compile the DevourmentManager psc file into a pex file. Also in the case of creating dialog, you don't even need to go through devourment for that, just make a check for the specific devourment keywords for you have eaten them, they have endo'd you, and/or they have eaten you (lethal) and a custom keyword to your created NPC/Race or to the NPC/Race you want to make dialog for and put that as a check in the dialog for them, it then won't show up for anyone or anything else.
Masxohn
Participator

Postby markdf » Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:45 pm

Masxohn wrote:
markdf wrote:Simple workaround -- if you have a mod that adds dialog to non-humanoid Actors, why not have that mod add a custom keyword to those actors? Devourment can check for any keywords we want it to.

Even with a custom keyword added, it'd most likely still fail. Mainly because this Section:
if KeyCode == DIALOG_KEY
if VoreDialog.GetValue() != 0.0 && !DialogQuest.Activated && SafeProcess() && Manager.HasLivePrey(playerRef)
Actor talker = Manager.FindATalker()
if talker
DialogQuest.DoDialog_PlayerAndPrey(talker)
elseif Manager.DEBUGGING
ConsoleUtil.PrintMessage("No live prey found.")
endIf
endIf

Fails to find an actor it can talk to and you get no response unless debug mode is turned on. I think and assume it is because of this section:
if !target
return false
return target.HasKeyword(ActorTypeNPC) && IsAlive(preyData) && !IsPrey(playerRef)
else
return false
endIf
EndFunction

Since it is being very specific on it has to have ActorTypeNPC, being alive, and is prey. Then if one of those is not there, it'll then not consider them being a target you can talk to when you press the G key. That's IF that's the cause, and I can't check or test it because I can't compile it (I've tried before, and it just hates me). It is also specifically only to when you try to talk to them when you have eaten them, everything else will go through just fine.
Edit#1: Also to be noted, if anyone made an add-on they'd have to change that talker section as well (assuming it's the cause) and compile the DevourmentManager psc file into a pex file. Also in the case of creating dialog, you don't even need to go through devourment for that, just make a check for the specific devourment keywords for you have eaten them, they have endo'd you, and/or they have eaten you (lethal) and a custom keyword to your created NPC/Race or to the NPC/Race you want to make dialog for and put that as a check in the dialog for them, it then won't show up for anyone or anything else.

You realize I can CHANGE those checks, right? I don't mean that sarcastically. It seems from the content of your messages that you have doubts about whether we can actually alter how that works. We absolutely can.

Look, I just did it.
Code: Select all
   if !target
      return false
      if target.HasKeyword(ActorTypeNPC) || target.HasKeywordString("VoreTalker")
         return IsAlive(preyData) && !IsPrey(playerRef)
      else
         return false
      endIf
      else
         return false
      endIf
   else
      return false
   endIf
EndFunction

Took ten seconds.

Edit:
In fact, let's go one better -- if the VoreTalker keyword is present, we'll use the TalkingActivator system instead of the teleport system. PredAlias and PreyAlias will still point to the actors, so it's still possible to have conditions check who in the dialogue. Now it's easy to make Dragon vore dialogue.

We can do things. We just have to decide what we want to do.

Anyway, all of that will be in the next update.
markdf
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby ItanParker1997 » Sat May 01, 2021 2:18 am

Amazimg mod, but I'm having one little problem. My companion don't swallows anyobody. How can it be changed? My companion is Marcurio, male wizard. He just uses the spells because he things that they're more effective then swallowing. And I want him to fight by swallowing enemies too, not only by spells. And same problem for all wizards. Is there any possibility to change it somehow?
ItanParker1997
Somewhat familiar

Postby markdf » Sat May 01, 2021 3:10 am

ItanParker1997 wrote:Amazimg mod, but I'm having one little problem. My companion don't swallows anyobody. How can it be changed? My companion is Marcurio, male wizard. He just uses the spells because he things that they're more effective then swallowing. And I want him to fight by swallowing enemies too, not only by spells. And same problem for all wizards. Is there any possibility to change it somehow?

Vore isn't tied to the standard combat system, it uses its own "PseudoAI".

First off, make sure your companions are actually able to use vore at all. Do you have "More Informative Console" installed? If so, can you use it to check if they have the "Predator" spell attached to them? Alternatively, you can go into the [Vore] dialogue option. If they can't use vore, that section will be nearly empty.
markdf
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Masxohn » Sat May 01, 2021 7:54 am

markdf wrote:You realize I can CHANGE those checks, right? I don't mean that sarcastically. It seems from the content of your messages that you have doubts about whether we can actually alter how that works. We absolutely can.

Look, I just did it.
Code: Select all
   if !target
      return false
         return IsAlive(preyData) && !IsPrey(playerRef)
      else
         return false
      endIf
      else
         return false
      endIf
   else
      return false
   endIf
EndFunction

Took ten seconds.

Edit:
In fact, let's go one better -- if the VoreTalker keyword is present, we'll use the TalkingActivator system instead of the teleport system. PredAlias and PreyAlias will still point to the actors, so it's still possible to have conditions check who in the dialogue. Now it's easy to make Dragon vore dialogue.

We can do things. We just have to decide what we want to do.

Anyway, all of that will be in the next update.

The thing I was trying to say is that the check for ActorTypeNPC was what was causing problems, if an NPC didn't have said keyword then 1/3 (roughly) of dialog stuff just wouldn't work since the NPC fail to be considered a valid talker target. I know the checks can easily be changed, my main concern is what would happen if the ActorTypeNPC check was removed entirely and I can't go test that because I can't get the DevourmentManager psc to compile, as the creator of the mod you can, but as I was trying to say, if anyone wanted to make a add-on for dialog for stuff either they created or in general scope (like dialog for dragons) for stuff that lacks the ActorTypeNPC keyword (you've said before adding that to everything causes problems) then they would have to go change that line and compile the DevourmentManager themselves, this would lead to a variety of problems.
Tldr: I am saying it can be changed but due to how deep (relatively) it is then I don't know what it'll cause when changed or removed. What I expect/assume is once the ActorTypeNPC check is removed then it'd consider any and all NPCs as valid targets (thanks to isalive check that'd kill off inanimate stuff and dead bodies), with the check in devourmentdialog excluding animals (can't talk to animals) it'd leave everything else valid. My concern though is that I can't go test it to see if it'd do what I expect or just completely break. I prefer to go test stuff, especially stuff of this semi-complicated nature, since after all what I expect to happen when something is changed or removed might not happen or go completely wrong.

I think in the previous section of the IsATalker function I put in spoiler, just removing the ActorTypeNPC check will solve the problem (in theory, can't test) with it being smaller in size, with less checks and thus running quicker (in theory at least).
Masxohn
Participator

Postby jokerert1 » Sat May 01, 2021 10:51 am

which file determines the hotkey buttons ?
jokerert1
Been posting for a bit

Postby Masxohn » Sat May 01, 2021 12:12 pm

jokerert1 wrote:which file determines the hotkey buttons ?

the DevourmentPlayerAlias file.
Masxohn
Participator

Postby SmoothAsButter23 » Sat May 01, 2021 3:47 pm

Is there a way to make the burp power not scatter all items around me like fus ro dah and make it so my characters mouth opens when i do it like in the old devourment mods. I have the expressive facegen mod but i dont know how to make it work along side refactor like it did in DMaF.
SmoothAsButter23
Somewhat familiar

Postby AngelOfTaxes » Sat May 01, 2021 6:13 pm

I am absolutely loving Refactor! Two requests regarding Random Noms, for your consideration. I'd like to see...

1. An option to make random noms trigger a lethal vore attempt instead of endo. (I hacked an old version of Devourment once upon a time to simply replace the endo magic effect with vore. Made visiting towns much more exciting. Of course, in that old version I had to go around town and individually invite each character to try to eat me, but you've solved that problem--well done!)

2. A slider to adjust the frequency of random noms. (If a continuum is impractical with the way the effect is applied--I think somebody said it's a magic effect that gives a 3% chance every 10 seconds?--then perhaps a low/medium/high setting fixed to something like 1%/3%/10% proc rate.)
AngelOfTaxes
Been posting for a bit

Postby LostCause » Sat May 01, 2021 6:19 pm

Back with a follow up post a day late. Didn't test all that much so I apologise if any of these are due to me using an old save or something. If you can't immediately reproduce any of these then forget about it and tell me to try again. Hopefully my eyes will be less sore tomorrow so I can resume actually playing and do a bit more testing in the process.

1) Unfortunately the black box issue is still present for me on the 29-3 version. I tried deleting the settings.json file and then starting a new game, the box still appeared blocking over half the screen upon being regurgitated. Here is the relevant section of the papyrus log, not sure if it'll help at all.
[05/01/2021 - 11:15:47PM] DevourmentBellyScaling.OnPlayerStruggle(TRUE, 0.200000, 1.000000)
[05/01/2021 - 11:15:47PM] DevourmentBellyScaling.OnPlayerStruggle(TRUE, 0.200000, 1.000000)
[05/01/2021 - 11:15:47PM] DevourmentBellyScaling.OnPlayerStruggle(TRUE, 0.200000, 0.500000)
[05/01/2021 - 11:15:48PM] DevourmentBellyScaling.OnPlayerStruggle(TRUE, 0.200000, 1.000000)
[05/01/2021 - 11:15:48PM] DevourmentBellyScaling.OnPlayerStruggle(TRUE, 0.200000, 1.000000)
[05/01/2021 - 11:15:48PM] devourmentmanager.VOMIT_LOCK(LOCKED WITH SLOT 0)
[05/01/2021 - 11:15:48PM] devourmentmanager.VOMIT_LOCK(PREY ALREADY LOCKED: TRIES=1)
[05/01/2021 - 11:15:49PM] devourmentmanager.VOMIT_LOCK(PREY ALREADY LOCKED: TRIES=2)
[05/01/2021 - 11:15:49PM] DevourmentLocationTracker.OnEffectFinish(Prisoner 0x14)
[05/01/2021 - 11:15:49PM] devourmentmanager.VOMIT_LOCK(PREY ALREADY LOCKED: TRIES=3)
[05/01/2021 - 11:15:49PM] Error: Cannot call RemoveSpell() on a None object, aborting function call
stack:
[alias PlayerAlias on quest DevourmentManager (FE00196A)].devourmentplayeralias.StopPlayerStruggle() - "DevourmentPlayerAlias.psc" Line ?
[alias PlayerAlias on quest DevourmentManager (FE00196A)].devourmentplayeralias.onEndState() - "DevourmentPlayerAlias.psc" Line ?
[alias PlayerAlias on quest DevourmentManager (FE00196A)].devourmentplayeralias.GotoState() - "Alias.psc" Line ?
[alias PlayerAlias on quest DevourmentManager (FE00196A)].devourmentplayeralias.gotoDefault() - "DevourmentPlayerAlias.psc" Line ?
[DevourmentManager (FE00196A)].devourmentmanager.ReappearPreyAt() - "DevourmentManager.psc" Line ?
[ (FF0042C1)].DevourmentVomitActivator.vomitLive() - "DevourmentVomitActivator.psc" Line ?
[DevourmentManager (FE00196A)].devourmentmanager.getNextVomit() - "DevourmentManager.psc" Line ?
[ (FF0042C1)].DevourmentVomitActivator.OnInit() - "DevourmentVomitActivator.psc" Line ?
[05/01/2021 - 11:15:49PM] WARNING: Assigning None to a non-object variable named "::temp20"
stack:
[alias PlayerAlias on quest DevourmentManager (FE00196A)].devourmentplayeralias.StopPlayerStruggle() - "DevourmentPlayerAlias.psc" Line ?
[alias PlayerAlias on quest DevourmentManager (FE00196A)].devourmentplayeralias.onEndState() - "DevourmentPlayerAlias.psc" Line ?
[alias PlayerAlias on quest DevourmentManager (FE00196A)].devourmentplayeralias.GotoState() - "Alias.psc" Line ?
[alias PlayerAlias on quest DevourmentManager (FE00196A)].devourmentplayeralias.gotoDefault() - "DevourmentPlayerAlias.psc" Line ?
[DevourmentManager (FE00196A)].devourmentmanager.ReappearPreyAt() - "DevourmentManager.psc" Line ?
[ (FF0042C1)].DevourmentVomitActivator.vomitLive() - "DevourmentVomitActivator.psc" Line ?
[DevourmentManager (FE00196A)].devourmentmanager.getNextVomit() - "DevourmentManager.psc" Line ?
[ (FF0042C1)].DevourmentVomitActivator.OnInit() - "DevourmentVomitActivator.psc" Line ?

2) Is opening the menus supposed to be blocked while swallowed? I'm able to access my inventory and magic menu as normal. If it is intentional that you can still open the menus then there's a few issues with it. First of all I am able to consume potions, including healing potions, however they appear to not affect the digestion health bar. Secondly I can change my equipment and equipped spells, doing so causes the equip noise to repeat rapidly and seems to break or slow down everything. In my testing the struggle mechanic either failed to work or became delayed and unresponsive, I also regained character control to an extent causing interact prompts to appear on the screen again, e.g. I could interact with a snow pile from iNeed, presumably near wherever my character was moved to when swallowed.

3) The player's prey health, digestion progress and struggle bars still fail to show on previous saves. I heard you figured this one out and it will be fixed in the next version though.

4) The flush vomit queue option added in the debugging section of the MCM displays as $DVT_FlushVomitQueue.

5) The skull duplication issue is fixed, nice work. However when I swallow skulls and begin to reform them my character's butt will inflate as if the NPC is ready to be defecated. It'll gradually deflate again as the NPC is reformed and the belly inflates. I don't recall this happening on previous versions and didn't see it in the patch notes so I'm assuming it's a bug and not a feature.

6) When reforming multiple NPCs at the same time they hang at 100% until the rest finish. Only when all of the currently reforming NPCs hit 100% will it switch them all to non-lethal at the same time and allow regurgitation.

7) My character slides slightly every time I use the burp power with something swallowed. Doesn't matter whether it's an actor or an object. Not sure if I only just noticed this or if it's a new bug. I tried moving around and facing different directions and still got pushed ever so slightly in the same direction every time.

8) I tried using the "Reset Devourment" debugging option and it didn't seem to do anything. I still had all of my stats, no completion message popped up, nothing showed up in the console etc. Might be due to upgrading from previous versions on that save or me breaking something though.

Thanks for your hard work as always.
LostCause
Participator

Postby markdf » Sat May 01, 2021 7:34 pm

Masxohn wrote:...

I'm not removing the ActorTypeNPC check. I'm adding an alternate keyword -- VoreTalker. Any actor with a keyword named VoreTalker is eligible for dialogue, even if they don't have ActorTypeNPC.
markdf
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby markdf » Sat May 01, 2021 7:37 pm

SmoothAsButter23 wrote:Is there a way to make the burp power not scatter all items around me like fus ro dah and make it so my characters mouth opens when i do it like in the old devourment mods. I have the expressive facegen mod but i dont know how to make it work along side refactor like it did in DMaF.

Could you look up the relevant console commands and use them to find a facial expression (and the command that produces it) that you like?
markdf
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Alexdu122 » Sat May 01, 2021 9:09 pm

Maybe a lot of people have asked this question before but why npc cant swallow me?, i mean, when they attack me nothing happens and they are supossed to eat me because i set the chance for that to 100%, can someone help me?
Alexdu122
Been posting for a bit

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game