Devourment Refactor

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Devourment Refactor

Postby Gherking » Fri Mar 05, 2021 8:22 pm

markdf wrote:
Gherking wrote:I'm having sort of a strange problem that no-one else is likely to run into.

Having been playing with one or another version of Devourment since before there WAS a special edition, I've had a long time to customize things to my tastes. Since I prefer the tension, suspense and overall possibilities of possible but not /certain/ reformation, I built a system over years that gives all "unique" characters a skull and lets you reform them using it from your inventory. I'd been polishing it up to finally distribute for other people to play with, and then I discovered refactor... One of these days.

Anyway, this allowed me to notice that when a character is endoed and digested (it can be willing or unwilling), when they get reformed (or even resurrect-ed or recycleactor-ed using regular console commands) they can no longer be vored or endoed. It's doesn't happen if you endo and then release, it doesn't even happen if you endo, switch to lethal and then release. It doesn't happen if you vore regularly. It ONLY happens if you endo someone, switch to lethal, and digest them fully, and it ALWAYS happens.

Now Mark, I don't expect you to fix this, because frankly I'm an edge case and unless someone else wanted to play withy my reformation mod, I'll stay one forever. But I would still love your input on why this happens; are they staying registered in array or database? I would suspect so, since vore no longer triggers hostility on actors this happens to, suggesting that the spell isn't even running. Or, are you setting them to ghost for dialog... Lemme check.

Yup. I've been working on this problem for four days, and I never thought to check the VANILLA mechanic that I KNEW stops vore from working in all versions... Great mod Mark, excellent features, made a fool of me for half a week. 10/10 would recommend.

Oh, and since the latest update, the various disposal options in the MCM work once and then glitch out to the tab titles (normal, toggle, normal) and stop working if you click them. Luckily I can revert from saved settings, but I just thought you should know. Apart from that, this is amazing, it all works perfectly, in all my years of Devourment I never thought I would see such a beauty and elegance of execution. Mark, Macross, others, you should be proud.

Several people have mentioned wanting a mod like the one you've described. If you're willing to share your work, I could incorporate it right into DevourmentRefactor.
By all means, just give me a few days to get it polished up for "public consumption"...

I had even recently adjusted my DMAF version to add the occasional random reformable prey to the remains piles that Invidia's 'Burps and Bellies' mod ends up causing, and I was working on giving these 'rescued' prey randomized jobs and routines... And then I discovered refactor and decided to get my ass handed to me by the sneaky vanilla ghost mechanic for a few days, I guess. I can't believe it took me until typing that last message for it to click... I guess I never tried regularly attacking reformed prey.
Gherking
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Chiaroscuro » Fri Mar 05, 2021 9:09 pm

Gherking wrote:By all means, just give me a few days to get it polished up for "public consumption"...

I had even recently adjusted my DMAF version to add the occasional random reformable prey to the remains piles that Invidia's 'Burps and Bellies' mod ends up causing, and I was working on giving these 'rescued' prey randomized jobs and routines... And then I discovered refactor and decided to get my ass handed to me by the sneaky vanilla ghost mechanic for a few days, I guess. I can't believe it took me until typing that last message for it to click... I guess I never tried regularly attacking reformed prey.

I would also certainly be interested, not only for the additional stuff for B&B (I was actually thinking about adding the ability to talk to live “pseudoprey” and release them when their pred is dead, so randomized NPC’s would be incredibly useful for that), but also because one of the new quests I had been thinking of making was one whether player would learn a spell to reform the last person that they digested. I’ve already a little progress on getting the reformation to work, but if you’ve already got something functional that would be nice.

Of course, my main priority is getting things reconfigured to work with Refactor at the moment, but I like to have plans.
Chiaroscuro
Participator

Postby Gherking » Fri Mar 05, 2021 11:00 pm

invidiasyren wrote:
Gherking wrote:By all means, just give me a few days to get it polished up for "public consumption"...

I would also certainly be interested, not only for the additional stuff for B&B (I was actually thinking about adding the ability to talk to live “pseudoprey” and release them when their pred is dead, so randomized NPC’s would be incredibly useful for that), but also because one of the new quests I had been thinking of making was one whether player would learn a spell to reform the last person that they digested. I’ve already a little progress on getting the reformation to work, but if you’ve already got something functional that would be nice.

Of course, my main priority is getting things reconfigured to work with Refactor at the moment, but I like to have plans.

Certainly! I'll clean up the DMAF version with the improvements I made while converting to Refactor, and send it over to you sometime tomorrow.

I always felt a bit odd about adding features to your mod and then keeping it all to myself, so maybe this can be my way of easing my delicate conscience, haha.

For the random prey I co-opted the vanilla character appearance presets, since they were a cast of 200 unused npcs already diverse in race, gender and visage. All I had to do was give them voicetypes and generic names for RealNames to overwrite (which doesn't interfere with their original purpose) and they were good to go. I really must thank you by the way, it was only reverse-engineering B&B that taught me the wonder and power of formlists, they literally eliminated what would have been 6 or 8 hundred lines of repetitive code from the skull randomizer script...

To give NPCs the skulls I gave the player a spell to use on people who should have them but came from other mods, but for the vanilla npcs... Well, I didn't have a good grasp of legacy Devourment's code (or any code yet lol), so I did something tedious AND stupid; I added the skulls directly to every character who should have one. For the refactor integration I'll see about plopping a fragment in the script that handles disposal to add them dynamically to NPCs flagged 'unique', or whose base object either isn't a leveledactor or only contains actors of the same race and gender. That should ensure that you never reform say a male dunmer skull and get a female imperial...

As for adding them to the random bellies; you can guess my solution, I just added appropriate individual skulls or levelledItem 'generators' to the formlists.

I'm working with packages to make random prey or prey reformed who started the game dead move to the nearest city and live there... One day I'll have time. Anyway, I'll get you those files tomorrow.
Find my Devourment Refactor addons here: https://www.loverslab.com/topic/188196- ... or-addons/
Gherking
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby markdf » Fri Mar 05, 2021 11:02 pm

This is exactly why scientists, programmers, and engineers all benefit from team discussion meetings. It's soooo common to see the cause of an issue as soon as you try to explain it to someone else.
markdf
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby markdf » Fri Mar 05, 2021 11:08 pm

invidiasyren wrote:I would also certainly be interested, not only for the additional stuff for B&B (I was actually thinking about adding the ability to talk to live “pseudoprey” and release them when their pred is dead, so randomized NPC’s would be incredibly useful for that), but also because one of the new quests I had been thinking of making was one whether player would learn a spell to reform the last person that they digested. I’ve already a little progress on getting the reformation to work, but if you’ve already got something functional that would be nice.

If your mod has a soft way of detecting which features are active, I can make sure that Refactor shuts down any competing features. "Pseudoprey" for example -- your implementation will definitely be more elaborate than my simple one, so it makes sense for Refactor to shut that system down if it detects yours.
markdf
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Chiaroscuro » Sat Mar 06, 2021 12:32 am

Gherking wrote:For the random prey I co-opted the vanilla character appearance presets, since they were a cast of 200 unused npcs already diverse in race, gender and visage. All I had to do was give them voicetypes and generic names for RealNames to overwrite (which doesn't interfere with their original purpose) and they were good to go. I really must thank you by the way, it was only reverse-engineering B&B that taught me the wonder and power of formlists, they literally eliminated what would have been 6 or 8 hundred lines of repetitive code from the skull randomizer script...

I'm glad to be of help, though I will say to be wary. I've been told to "avoid formlists like the plague". More specifically Mark and others have told me that the formlist searches (using the functions HasForm and Find) are significantly slower than using arrays. I'm okay with using them because I always know exactly the index of the form I'm trying to access, and while I believe using an array would still be slightly faster, I find formlists easier to manage and I'm accessing them infrequently enough that it shouldn't really matter. It sounds like you're doing something similar, or using accessing the formlists on a rare enough basis to not pose an issue, but I just thought I'd pass that info along.

markdf wrote:If your mod has a soft way of detecting which features are active, I can make sure that Refactor shuts down any competing features. "Pseudoprey" for example -- your implementation will definitely be more elaborate than my simple one, so it makes sense for Refactor to shut that system down if it detects yours.

I use my Devourment Dialogue as a requirement for my B&B mod because I can put them in the same MCM, which I find to be more convenient (and I've yet to have any complaints so I presume people also find it convenient), so to determine if I should actually show the B&B options in the MCM I just use Game.IsPluginInstalled in OnGameReload. So you could use that to check if my stuff is installed. Otherwise, if you want to give people the option to decide if they want to use my stuff versus your stuff, you could just put some bools in your Manager script that my mod can toggle off if it's overwriting something.
Chiaroscuro
Participator

Postby markdf » Sat Mar 06, 2021 1:37 am

ITERATING through a formlist is slow. Accessing one item from a formlist is pretty fast though.

SKSE provide the FormList.ToArray() function, which makes the whole issue irrelevant because you can just convert a FormList to an array when you need to scan through it.
markdf
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby NaomiLuvsU » Sat Mar 06, 2021 1:48 am

The latest version of the mod seems to have broken defecating by crouching, I could still use the power though. Tested on a new save and it seemed to work fine. Loaded up an older save of my original playthrough and it pushed the clothes out but not the actual searchable remains.

Seems though all the other bugs I had mentioned before aren't happening anymore (Or at least not as much as I couldn't get them to happen when I was recording :p
Naomi Naomi Naomi Naomi Naomi Naomi

The Queen
NaomiLuvsU
Been posting for a bit

Postby NaomiLuvsU » Sat Mar 06, 2021 1:57 am

NaomiLuvsU wrote:The latest version of the mod seems to have broken defecating by crouching, I could still use the power though. Tested on a new save and it seemed to work fine. Loaded up an older save of my original playthrough and it pushed the clothes out but not the actual searchable remains.

Seems though all the other bugs I had mentioned before aren't happening anymore (Or at least not as much as I couldn't get them to happen when I was recording :p
Attachments
20210306015120_1.jpg
From the new playthrough, appears to be fine
20210306015245_1.jpg
20210306015251_1.jpg
Orignial playthrough, Nothing appears in the drop down menus
20210306015254_1.jpg

The Queen
NaomiLuvsU
Been posting for a bit

Postby Chiaroscuro » Sat Mar 06, 2021 2:00 am

markdf wrote:SKSE provide the FormList.ToArray() function, which makes the whole issue irrelevant because you can just convert a FormList to an array when you need to scan through it.

Hmm... I was literally using that for the longest time, and I still managed to forget its existence...
Chiaroscuro
Participator

Postby markdf » Sat Mar 06, 2021 3:58 am

NaomiLuvsU wrote:
NaomiLuvsU wrote:The latest version of the mod seems to have broken defecating by crouching, I could still use the power though. Tested on a new save and it seemed to work fine. Loaded up an older save of my original playthrough and it pushed the clothes out but not the actual searchable remains.

Did you test this on a new save or an existing one?
markdf
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby kenny043033 » Sat Mar 06, 2021 7:34 am

How do I apply the plugin?
No matter how difficult and cruel the world is, the truth must be revealed.
kenny043033
Been posting for a bit

Postby NaomiLuvsU » Sat Mar 06, 2021 8:07 am

markdf wrote:
NaomiLuvsU wrote:

Did you test this on a new save or an existing one?

On a new save it works just fine but yeah on existing saves it's borked

The Queen
NaomiLuvsU
Been posting for a bit

Postby Redycter » Sat Mar 06, 2021 8:33 am

Amazing mod! But I had discovered some errors in it

1) “offer” is not working. It’s just do nothing despite the fact it must be non-lethal analog of retrovore

2) I can’t ask anybody to swallow me, no this dialogue anywhere. I can only ask somebody to send me into their private Room in the inn

3) I can’t turn off the scat. I want to choose probability to swallow and absorb totally, no scat or something, all prey’s equipment removing to me, but when I’m trying to choose that in the settings, there’s just little empty black screen, I can’t choose anything

4) if I’m talking with my prey, they’re coming stripped but visible and coming invisible again only when dialogue ends

5) if I’m asking guard to put me in their personal jail cell, they’re only swallows me if only I must be swallowing me lethally, with digesticute. In other way nothing happens

I’m using last version of your mod, I’m male predator and only male predators are turned on in the settings
Redycter
Been posting for a bit

Postby markdf » Sat Mar 06, 2021 12:34 pm

Redycter wrote:Amazing mod! But I had discovered some errors in it

1) “offer” is not working. It’s just do nothing despite the fact it must be non-lethal analog of retrovore

Offering can only be used on creatures, and it is most definitely lethal.

2) I can’t ask anybody to swallow me, no this dialogue anywhere. I can only ask somebody to send me into their private Room in the inn

That sounds like you don't have the prerequisites installed correctly.

3) I can’t turn off the scat. I want to choose probability to swallow and absorb totally, no scat or something, all prey’s equipment removing to me, but when I’m trying to choose that in the settings, there’s just little empty black screen, I can’t choose anything

Does it work if you start a new game?

4) if I’m talking with my prey, they’re coming stripped but visible and coming invisible again only when dialogue ends

What setting are you using for invisibility in the MCM? It sounds like you selected the Armor option and it's conflicting with another mod.

5) if I’m asking guard to put me in their personal jail cell, they’re only swallows me if only I must be swallowing me lethally, with digesticute. In other way nothing happens
I'll take a look at the guard dialogue.
markdf
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby LostCause » Sat Mar 06, 2021 2:28 pm

Redycter wrote:2) I can’t ask anybody to swallow me, no this dialogue anywhere. I can only ask somebody to send me into their private Room in the inn

To follow on from what mark has said, there have been many solutions posted in this thread. I'll give the two most common off the top of my head. First make sure you have the LATEST version of all prerequisites installed, don't just assume you have the latest version as many others (including myself) have. The main one to check is Spell Perk Item Distributor. Secondly, if this doesn't fix it then you can go to "devourment_DISTR.ini" and add 'ActorTypeNPC' to the list of actor types given pred abilities, the only issue here is that you will find the dialogue showing up on pretty much everything. So if that will bother you then don't do a blanket add like ActorTypeNPC and try to use more specific factions etc, you should be able to find the names of them by googling it.
LostCause
Participator

Postby PervyLesbian02 » Sat Mar 06, 2021 4:18 pm

Okay, I'm totally lost on why the perk menus won't show up. I know sexlab isn't needed to access them, all of the mods and their respective plugins are activated and up to their latest versions, as well as the latest SKSE, and I even tried typing "help devourment 4 perk" in the console, but none of it worked... and I don't think I have the SSE engine fixes thing, if that's a mod.
k thanks for reading something I said
PervyLesbian02
Somewhat familiar

Postby Gherking » Sat Mar 06, 2021 4:43 pm

For Mark, Invidia, and anyone else who wants to use it?? (though you'll have to use the spell to add skulls to NPCs if you don't incorporate the code in the devourment manager somehow);

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gxkbhnz55ecdx ... s.rar?dl=0

I don't usually share files this way, so let me know if the link is totally janky or something.

Invidia; this is the version that /Doesn't/ add the skull generators (found in leveleditems) into your formlists, incase you wanted to try and have the skulls be appropriate to the remains pile chosen for the prey...
And because sending you an esp six layers of dependencies deep while you're in the middle of overhauling just seemed uncivil.

Mark, this might be ready for integration, but I defer to your obvious coding wisdoms. I've commented all the code, and written things up in the readme.
Find my Devourment Refactor addons here: https://www.loverslab.com/topic/188196- ... or-addons/
Gherking
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Redycter » Sat Mar 06, 2021 5:10 pm

LostCause wrote:
Redycter wrote:2) I can’t ask anybody to swallow me, no this dialogue anywhere. I can only ask somebody to send me into their private Room in the inn

To follow on from what mark has said, there have been many solutions posted in this thread. I'll give the two most common off the top of my head. First make sure you have the LATEST version of all prerequisites installed, don't just assume you have the latest version as many others (including myself) have. The main one to check is Spell Perk Item Distributor. Secondly, if this doesn't fix it then you can go to "devourment_DISTR.ini" and add 'ActorTypeNPC' to the list of actor types given pred abilities, the only issue here is that you will find the dialogue showing up on pretty much everything. So if that will bother you then don't do a blanket add like ActorTypeNPC and try to use more specific factions etc, you should be able to find the names of them by googling it.

So then, I just need to add the names of NPC who I want to be predators or what? All mods are installed with vortex and as it was said in instructions, latest versions. This is what in that devourment distr file. Don’t understand what you’re offering to me to change there. I’m not understanding what is it in here
Attachments
15A23A3C-B595-4EC1-B76D-FAFABCA33117.jpeg
Redycter
Been posting for a bit

Postby Caniption » Sat Mar 06, 2021 5:48 pm

PervyLesbian02 wrote:Okay, I'm totally lost on why the perk menus won't show up. I know sexlab isn't needed to access them, all of the mods and their respective plugins are activated and up to their latest versions, as well as the latest SKSE, and I even tried typing "help devourment 4 perk" in the console, but none of it worked... and I don't think I have the SSE engine fixes thing, if that's a mod.

Make sure you have engine fixes and net framework.
I am, at times, everything I am not.
Caniption
Been posting for a bit

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game