A Way Back Home (RPG) New/Last Update

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: A Way Back Home (RPG) Little Update 20/11/21

Postby HentaiMaster90000 » Sun Nov 21, 2021 12:00 pm

wariodude128 wrote:After playing the updated version not on Patreon, my big gripe is still how little you get from working at the Mammamia Pizzeria. When you buy a pizza it's $15 and when you deliver five of them you get $15 for your efforts. Since the Patreon edition is the "in-development" version, I think you should make it so getting rid of all five pizzas however you do so should net you $75 instead. 15x5=75. Please start with this.

Also still have three suggestions for vore scenes which so far haven't been added in the non-Patreon version: Prey: Hannah's Mom (When Hannah leaves the room with the vore sketches you're able to start it and you get the food items from the store on the beach which right now is closed), Obs: Lilly (When you go into the room with Lilly and you choose not to save her she gets eaten by the blonde model instead of you inexplicably ending up outside the room, who then demands you rub her belly until Lilly adds to her) and Prey: singer in blue (When you're told to hide behind the flowers, a countdown of :15 to :20 seconds appears to the top right and if you don't leave or hide the guard catches you and you get fed to the singer).

Speaking of the singer in blue, I accidentally found a bug with the current scene. If you start it as normal, hide behind the flowers, watch the rest of the scene before Pri eats her as normal and then attempt to open the door the guard came through, the game tries to redo the scene. If you hide behind flowers again, an invisible guard seems to look around and when he says all clear the singer in blue moves farther into the water area she's in with no way to get at her now. Fortunately I was able to get out of the bugged situation by leaving the room, but I'm pretty sure that was not supposed to happen. Thought you should know.

I second this. I also want to suggest an option to eat Lea after you're done eating her family, since it seems only fitting to reunite them.
Other than that, game is great, can't wait for the next patreon update
HentaiMaster90000
Been posting for a bit

Postby TheEvilWithin » Sun Nov 21, 2021 3:31 pm

Still on board with the suggestion of having Lea as optional party member as a thief/white mage character.
TheEvilWithin
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby wariodude128 » Sun Nov 21, 2021 11:40 pm

I also noticed you're starting to replace characters that had Kisekai models with another set of models. The two main ones so far have been the blue haired model, which if I had to guess can only be predded or preyed in a Patreon-in-development area unless I didn't figure out where she's at after the fashion show, and the tigress. If the new model creator allows you to do stuff you couldn't before, like when the tigress contorts in weird ways while in Pri's belly, then it makes sense. Will be interesting to see if you fully transition from one art style to the other or if eventually there's going to be a half and half situation.
wariodude128
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby TheEvilWithin » Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:10 am

If I can give suggestion, I'd prefer if you followed the metjod Saloumon does with God Complex for the updates: first patreons get an early release and act as beta testers. Then around a week later, after possible fixes, you release the update for the public.
TheEvilWithin
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby oppi » Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:21 am

Egads wrote:Played this game a long time ago and it's still as fun as ever. We should really do that collab one day, Oppi :>

Yeah, we should!

Souls6 wrote:I have a simple idea of how to explain why there are predators outside of Zenidore: have right at the beginning, shortly after Pri escape, where she surprise a scientist who was holding one of the bottles containing the liquid that turn into preds and the content spill in a small grid that leads to the sewers. Turns out that the water, even after being filtrated to be reused for all common reasons still keep the effect, and because it work only at 10%, only a small percentage of people became predators. What do you think? Simple enough?

Oh that's a good idea! Would close a few plotholes and is easy to implement. Thanks!

DroolingPred wrote:I was thinking about scenes and art that I enjoy, and it clicked for me why I enjoy this game so much. The flow I enjoy best emphasizes three points - the anticipation of swallowing, highlighted by the victim's fear, anxiety, or lust. Second, the act of swallowing - the restraint, gulping, the flailing legs and last looks. Lastly, it's the compression and desperate imprisonment of the victim in the stomach, and their despair, the finality of the circumstance. Notably, my enjoyment is oriented around the prey. Their expressions, their curves, and their peril are the fuel for my hunger.

My favorite artist is Moga, and their specialty is definitely that final imprisonment in all it's degrading glory. I see that same value reflected in your work. The latest scenes have shown excellent polish in this respect, allowing you to pull up the internals on-demand and giving you a progress as the clothing is stripped away and your meal succumbs. Looking forward to more progress. In the meantime, have a great holiday!

Same for me:) I also really like the build up. To find the prey, get a little tease with a picture and a little view of who they are. Makes it a little bit more personal and I like that a lot.
Thanks for quoting out what you like about the scenes. Seems like we have pretty similar taste :gulp:

Sabervore wrote:The new update was interesting...until it crashed >.< For some odd reason, it also made all my saves non-operational. I am not sure if it was having an issue with both 1.4 and 1.4.5 being on my PC at the same time but even after deleting 1.4.5 to try and recover my saves it did not work :( I did manage to see one new scene but I recommend all others proceed with caution.

Oh what?! No idea how this could have happened. Did this happen to anybody else too?`

Ryuu27 wrote:I dont know if it's normal, but i can't pick up wood top right in camp of Zenidore, so i can't have enough.

I just checked. It's only a visual bug. You still pick it up, but it looks like the wood is still lying on the ground.
Check out the area to the south. There's also wood, you need to pick up.

Souls6 wrote:Ok, so played through and here's my "review":
1 Got the same bug as the guy above. Can't pick the last wood piece on top of the map.

2 Our foxy friend doesn't appear when we enter a fight.

3 Might I suggest to have the tiger have a proper fight before havibg the chance to eat her? Seems exxagerated for Pri to just become so strong that the tigergirl can't do anything against her. At least, this early.

4 I would suggest to chnage the tips you gave at the hotel to get the 2 singers, since I feel like it break immersion too much. If you need a little help: when Pri need a detective badge, have her say to herself that "maybe someone outside the hotel can help her" and to get to the bathroom with the body guard just have her think "Now, where was the secret access to the bathroom again?"

5 I feel like after you eat the tall blue dancer the 2 singers on the second floor should not appear on the stage anymore (since otherwise it would be weird to have Pri eat them and yet still see them if you go at the second floor)

2 Yep, I didn't include him in this fight. But he'll get added to future, more meaningfull fights probably.

3 I'll see what I can do

4 You're right. I wanted to make the scene easily optainable, but messed up with immersion. I'll change that.

5 Yep, they can't perform without the blue haired dancer girl. I'll change that.

Ryan-Drakel wrote:The new update is a good finisher for the dancers, but I'm a bit perturbed this is going down the 'Taunt Factor' path that so many other patreon users are going.
"Access denied. Patrons only" It gets grating after a while.

I wanted to make sure people notice that there's a early access version on patreon.
In the future, I'll try to keep the "Taunt Factor" as little as possible.
The game is still going to be free, but my patreons will have the new update a few weeks earlier.
This way, when I finally release it here, the update will also be much more polished.

wariodude128 wrote:After playing the updated version not on Patreon, my big gripe is still how little you get from working at the Mammamia Pizzeria. When you buy a pizza it's $15 and when you deliver five of them you get $15 for your efforts. Since the Patreon edition is the "in-development" version, I think you should make it so getting rid of all five pizzas however you do so should net you $75 instead. 15x5=75. Please start with this.

Also still have three suggestions for vore scenes which so far haven't been added in the non-Patreon version: Prey: Hannah's Mom (When Hannah leaves the room with the vore sketches you're able to start it and you get the food items from the store on the beach which right now is closed), Obs: Lilly (When you go into the room with Lilly and you choose not to save her she gets eaten by the blonde model instead of you inexplicably ending up outside the room, who then demands you rub her belly until Lilly adds to her) and Prey: singer in blue (When you're told to hide behind the flowers, a countdown of :15 to :20 seconds appears to the top right and if you don't leave or hide the guard catches you and you get fed to the singer).

Speaking of the singer in blue, I accidentally found a bug with the current scene. If you start it as normal, hide behind the flowers, watch the rest of the scene before Pri eats her as normal and then attempt to open the door the guard came through, the game tries to redo the scene. If you hide behind flowers again, an invisible guard seems to look around and when he says all clear the singer in blue moves farther into the water area she's in with no way to get at her now. Fortunately I was able to get out of the bugged situation by leaving the room, but I'm pretty sure that was not supposed to happen. Thought you should know.

You're right, I'll implement the changes for the Mammamia Pizzeria you mentioned. 75$ instead of 15$ seems a lot better.
Please explain what you mean with the food items? Pri finds the sketches Hannah leaves her room and then Pri needs food items to do what?
The observer scene with Lilly will be added. I actually made the scene and deleted it because I didn't like how I implemented it^^
The blonde model will get a 3D model for the scene.
The blue dancer girl as pred scene is also going to be added.
Thanks for reporting the bug!

Souls6 wrote:Still on board with the suggestion of having Lea as optional party member as a thief/white mage character.

The thing with Lea is, she's a child. And I don't want to make a child a party member.

wariodude128 wrote:I also noticed you're starting to replace characters that had Kisekai models with another set of models. The two main ones so far have been the blue haired model, which if I had to guess can only be predded or preyed in a Patreon-in-development area unless I didn't figure out where she's at after the fashion show, and the tigress. If the new model creator allows you to do stuff you couldn't before, like when the tigress contorts in weird ways while in Pri's belly, then it makes sense. Will be interesting to see if you fully transition from one art style to the other or if eventually there's going to be a half and half situation.

Yes, I'm slowly replaycing all the 2D models with 3D ones. 3D gives so much more possibilities and I really enjoy working with 3D. But this will take a lot of time..
The blue haired model scenes are only on patreon for now. But as soon as the next patreon update is ready, I'll release the old patreon update here. Probably in 2-3 weeks from now.
oppi
Participator

Postby wariodude128 » Mon Nov 22, 2021 10:46 am

oppi wrote:

You're right, I'll implement the changes for the Mammamia Pizzeria you mentioned. 75$ instead of 15$ seems a lot better.
Please explain what you mean with the food items? Pri finds the sketches Hannah leaves her room and then Pri needs food items to do what?
The observer scene with Lilly will be added. I actually made the scene and deleted it because I didn't like how I implemented it^^
The blonde model will get a 3D model for the scene.
The blue dancer girl as pred scene is also going to be added.
Thanks for reporting the bug!

wariodude128 wrote:I also noticed you're starting to replace characters that had Kisekai models with another set of models. The two main ones so far have been the blue haired model, which if I had to guess can only be predded or preyed in a Patreon-in-development area unless I didn't figure out where she's at after the fashion show, and the tigress. If the new model creator allows you to do stuff you couldn't before, like when the tigress contorts in weird ways while in Pri's belly, then it makes sense. Will be interesting to see if you fully transition from one art style to the other or if eventually there's going to be a half and half situation.

Yes, I'm slowly replaycing all the 2D models with 3D ones. 3D gives so much more possibilities and I really enjoy working with 3D. But this will take a lot of time..
The blue haired model scenes are only on patreon for now. But as soon as the next patreon update is ready, I'll release the old patreon update here. Probably in 2-3 weeks from now.

Apparently you forgot the prey scene I suggested with Hannah's Mom. I'll repeat it here for posterity: While Hannah is in the room with the vore sketches, trying to look at the bookshelf has Pri say there's no time for that now (With a hint saying to make Hannah leave). When Hannah leaves for the Evil Science HQ, you then get the option to look at the bookshelf. If you say yes, you see the vore sketches and Hannah's Mom appears behind you. She asks if you would like to help make more and you say yes. Hannah's Mom says she needs some bread and some cheese first. The canteen on the beach has both, so when you gain access to the beach you can go in and buy both. Otherwise the bread bought for 50G restores MP and the cheese bought for 75G temporarily raises DEF in battle, let's say for five to seven turns. You bring both back to Hannah's Mom and she says to now hold both over there and close your eyes. You oblige and Pri finds herself in the belly of Hannah's Mom. She comments on how she hasn't felt this full since she ate her own mother. She changes into lingerie, sleeps you off and we get to see the results.

I also only just found the chest in the hotel lobby with the 1250 G, which is most useful when trying to purchase the suite, so that was nice. Too bad I found it only after delivering tons of pizza, but still. I'm now curious as to what use the washroom in the pizzeria is for. If there isn't, I could probably come up with something.
wariodude128
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby TheEvilWithin » Mon Nov 22, 2021 2:34 pm

May I ask what is the problem with Lea being a child and being a party member?
TheEvilWithin
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby wariodude128 » Mon Nov 22, 2021 2:41 pm

Souls6 wrote:May I ask what is the problem with Lea being a child and being a party member?

Probably has something to do with how Lea doesn't personally know Priscilla whereas Jacob before being turned into a fox actually does. My guess anyway.
wariodude128
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby TheEvilWithin » Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:09 pm

wariodude128 wrote:
Souls6 wrote:May I ask what is the problem with Lea being a child and being a party member?

Probably has something to do with how Lea doesn't personally know Priscilla whereas Jacob before being turned into a fox actually does. My guess anyway.

Neither does Lily. And yet...
TheEvilWithin
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby alexott2121 » Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:24 pm

how do I turn on electricity in the basement? I hit some switches and got three lights to turn on. but the machine isn't prompting any progression?
alexott2121
Somewhat familiar

Postby voreomatic » Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:30 pm

I'd love it if there was an option
Spoiler: show
during the scene where Annie eats her sister Kaylie, for Pri to trip while eavesdropping and Annie deciding to eat her up aswell for disobeying the order to leave, leading to bigger gains
voreomatic
New to the forum

Postby Turbotowns » Mon Nov 22, 2021 11:27 pm

voreomatic wrote:I'd love it if there was an option
Spoiler: show
during the scene where Annie eats her sister Kaylie, for Pri to trip while eavesdropping and Annie deciding to eat her up aswell for disobeying the order to leave, leading to bigger gains

GOD YES!

Souls6 wrote:
wariodude128 wrote:

Neither does Lily. And yet...

What, is Lily going to be a party member?(I'd personally like Lea to be able to eat us(or maybe her can find another kid for her to eat, someone her own size, training a little pred, kinda like we did with Lily), after eating her whole family, she wants to try to eat someone herself. :wink: )

---

Hmmm... how would that work? If we training and recruited preds into our party, would maybe vore get implemented into combat? During scenes would it act like the other party members don't exist(kinda like with God Complex most of the time)? Would we get to choose who gets to eat the would-be prey?

This is all presuming predatory party members could even BE a thing...
Turbotowns
???

Postby ChaosStar0 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:43 am

Since you can eat Lilly, I don't think she'll be a party member. Also how do you eat the Dancer Girl Blue? She's the last one I haven't eaten yet from Chapter 1. Also not a fan of the Pri becoming prey scenes.
ChaosStar0
New to the forum

Postby wariodude128 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:37 pm

Just did everything possible in the game and found a new model used for when you observe the swimmer girls getting eaten. Just wish the Patreon-exclusive scenes didn't appear at the bottom of the list laughing at me. In the future, when the next update appears on Patreon, please leave out the ones you can't see in the free version. Only a suggestion of course, but still.

Anyway, I shall repeat the scene I previously suggested here so it's not in a quote post: : While Hannah is in the room with the vore sketches, trying to look at the bookshelf has Pri say there's no time for that now (With a hint saying to make Hannah leave). When Hannah leaves for the Evil Science HQ, you then get the option to look at the bookshelf. If you say yes, you see the vore sketches and Hannah's Mom appears behind you. She asks if you would like to help make more and you say yes. Hannah's Mom says she needs some bread and some cheese first. The canteen on the beach (with the big SHOP sign on the side of the door) has both, so when you gain access to the beach you can go in and purchase what you need. Otherwise the bread bought for 50G restores MP and the cheese bought for 75G temporarily raises DEF in battle, let's say for five to seven turns. You bring both back to Hannah's Mom and she says to now hold both over there and close your eyes. You oblige and Pri finds herself in the belly of Hannah's Mom. She comments on how she hasn't felt this full since she ate her own mother. She changes into lingerie, sleeps you off and we get to see the results.
wariodude128
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby SecondAce » Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:09 pm

I don't mean to be negative about some things here but I feel like we should leave some things to the creator themselves. It's their game and their decisions, we have to respect them.

No offense mr wario trollface, but you're sort-of giving off a somewhat demanding tone to the things you ask for (again, no offense or anything like that intended) and I just feel like we should step off for a bit and give the dev some space. There's nothing bad about making your ideas known to the dev (especially not if they ask for them) but when it comes to you asking for your ideas to be implemented multiple times a week then...yeah... you kind-off understand what I'm getting at here, right? Also, considering the dev has a patreon I'm going to assume they wish for those who want and can to support in some way -big or small- and you asking them not to include what their patreon offers with their changelog isn't really very considerate towards the dev whose project you have all these ideas for.

When it comes to the party discussion and people who ask for a certain npc or another to become a party member in the future I feel that if the dev themselves says no then we shouldn't argue about why or why not. I understand wanting a motivation for the decision but please understand that they're creating this game for us out of their own time and energy so the least we can do is respect their wishes.

I really hope I'm not coming of as mean or harsh but I feel like this needs to be said.
SecondAce
Been posting for a bit

Postby wariodude128 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:42 pm

MaximumFlufficus wrote:I don't mean to be negative about some things here but I feel like we should leave some things to the creator themselves. It's their game and their decisions, we have to respect them.

No offense mr wario trollface, but you're sort-of giving off a somewhat demanding tone to the things you ask for (again, no offense or anything like that intended) and I just feel like we should step off for a bit and give the dev some space. There's nothing bad about making your ideas known to the dev (especially not if they ask for them) but when it comes to you asking for your ideas to be implemented multiple times a week then...yeah... you kind-off understand what I'm getting at here, right? Also, considering the dev has a patreon I'm going to assume they wish for those who want and can to support in some way -big or small- and you asking them not to include what their patreon offers with their changelog isn't really very considerate towards the dev whose project you have all these ideas for.

When it comes to the party discussion and people who ask for a certain npc or another to become a party member in the future I feel that if the dev themselves says no then we shouldn't argue about why or why not. I understand wanting a motivation for the decision but please understand that they're creating this game for us out of their own time and energy so the least we can do is respect their wishes.

I really hope I'm not coming of as mean or harsh but I feel like this needs to be said.

Well, if you take a look above at a post where Oppi is quoting a number of people, including myself by the way, you would see that they are quite receptive to suggestions and say yes or no to them. Oppi was confused about the Hannah's Mom scene I had previously suggested a few pages back, so I repeated it for comprehension's sake. Obviously the dev has the final say on how things will play out, so when I suggest something it's in the hope that the game can be made better because of it. I'm sure everyone else coming up with seemingly off-the-wall ideas feel that way as well. Vore Forum game players are the QA department of each game as it develops. That said, I can see why you would be a little concerned.
wariodude128
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby SecondAce » Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:08 pm

I wholeheartedly agree about the forum QA point, without discussion and the sharing of ideas then the dev might as well make the game for themselves and not share it at all unless they want to.
That being said, I wasn't exclusively referring to the specific idea you brought up that the dev even asked you about the details for (I tried to highlight that idea as not being a part of the point by pointing out that the dev asked for it with my parenteses) but more generally the amount of ideas and the tone to which you took about including them. I realize that others might not agree with me on this point and that's completely fine but I do feel like I have to say something just to prevent the dev from getting buried under ideas and/or integrations that players wish for to be added in their game.
I wouldn't like for this game to go the way so many others did by way of the dev taking on too much and then burning themselves out through losing interest or just not having the energy to do the work of so much but if the dev says they can handle it and even ask for more then that just means more content anyway so I'm not going to complain if that's the case. I simply wish for not only the well-being of the dev but also for the well-being of the game that we all like.
SecondAce
Been posting for a bit

Postby TheEvilWithin » Wed Nov 24, 2021 1:44 pm

MaximumFlufficus wrote:I wholeheartedly agree about the forum QA point, without discussion and the sharing of ideas then the dev might as well make the game for themselves and not share it at all unless they want to.
That being said, I wasn't exclusively referring to the specific idea you brought up that the dev even asked you about the details for (I tried to highlight that idea as not being a part of the point by pointing out that the dev asked for it with my parenteses) but more generally the amount of ideas and the tone to which you took about including them. I realize that others might not agree with me on this point and that's completely fine but I do feel like I have to say something just to prevent the dev from getting buried under ideas and/or integrations that players wish for to be added in their game.
I wouldn't like for this game to go the way so many others did by way of the dev taking on too much and then burning themselves out through losing interest or just not having the energy to do the work of so much but if the dev says they can handle it and even ask for more then that just means more content anyway so I'm not going to complain if that's the case. I simply wish for not only the well-being of the dev but also for the well-being of the game that we all like.

I can agree myself. Even though I'm "guilty" as well, of giving suggestions, it's right for the dev to breath and make some decisions themselves. It's their game after all.
TheEvilWithin
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby SecondAce » Wed Nov 24, 2021 9:14 pm

Souls6 wrote:
MaximumFlufficus wrote:I wholeheartedly agree about the forum QA point, without discussion and the sharing of ideas then the dev might as well make the game for themselves and not share it at all unless they want to.

I can agree myself. Even though I'm "guilty" as well, of giving suggestions, it's right for the dev to breath and make some decisions themselves. It's their game after all.

My intentions with the original post wasn't to shame anyone or make people feel guilty about posting something so for that I apologise and I also realize I may have come off as too harsh. I'm glad though that we can see eye to eye when it comes to leaving some space for the dev to breathe. Please do post any ideas that you might have but also take into consideration the work we expect of the dev. I'm not the owner of this website nor am I above anyone else that posts here and you obviously don't have to do anything I suggest or ask for of course, so by all means feel free to do what you feel like doing.
SecondAce
Been posting for a bit

Postby wariodude128 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:15 pm

Well Oppi, you managed to achieve a rare feat: Getting two people on the internet to agree on something; and you didn't even do anything. Granted, it was about your well being as a dev, but still.
wariodude128
Advanced Vorarephile

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game