A Way Back Home (RPG) New/Last Update

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: A Way Back Home (RPG) New/Last Update

Postby hiapit » Wed Dec 07, 2022 2:05 am

are there the new guide ?
hiapit
New to the forum

Postby mistermadness » Thu Dec 08, 2022 5:28 am

hiapit wrote:are there the new guide ?

the guide link on the post should be for the latest version of the game
perfect madness, always leads to succes
mistermadness
Been posting for a bit

Postby justlookinaround » Fri Dec 09, 2022 10:14 am

Thank you, Oppi for all of your work on this game. For me, it is probably the best and most complete vore game I have ever played. And that is coming from someone who prefers prey/obs over pred. Excellent work, very sorry to hear that the files were lost, and I cannot wait to see where your new game goes!
justlookinaround
Been posting for a bit

Postby zane97 » Sat Dec 17, 2022 3:43 am

I've tried on both my computers to download this but it keeps failing and says file incomplete can someone help please
zane97
New to the forum

Postby zane97 » Sat Dec 17, 2022 9:26 pm

Is there a alternate download option the mediafire link doesn't work I really want to play this so please help
zane97
New to the forum

Postby Emperor_Palpatine » Sun Jan 15, 2023 9:21 pm

Sadly, the Mac version doesn't seem to work on Apple Silicon.
http://aryion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=15662 /RP preferences

Walk in the room and I know they all know man
If they don't know, put on a little show
Emperor_Palpatine
Heavy user

Postby Panzershark » Mon Jan 16, 2023 5:08 am

Emperor_Palpatine,
Panzershark wrote:Welp, as a fellow Mac user (I also have a PC for games, but honestly the Mac runs better so I prefer it), it depends heavily on what macOS you are on. That being said, typically it is a problem in your permissions, rather than actually being unable to open the file (through another program or something).

Now there are two quick fixes I would try first: first is to check, after trying to open it (potentially multiple times) if in your "security/privacy" in System Preferences you get the option to allow permission to run that file specifically. This solution is often the fix for RenPy games doing similar things, and if your macOS is low enough, it will likely work. The other—weirder fix but worked for an earlier version of AWBH—is to move the game.app file to a separate folder within the larger file, or to move it to another directory entirely (for example your home directory).

If those easy ways didn't work for you though, buckle up bud because it's time to use the terminal. Bad News is that this can be pretty frustrating to the uninitiated (such as I), and will be pretty annoying to do every time a new update rolls out. Good News is that I literally just did this for the Last AWBH update, so I still have the links that helped me handy. For basic instructions on how to use said terminal (really all you will likely need) I suggest https://www.macworld.com/article/221277 ... minal.html
and for the specifics as to how you get a RPGmaker game to run on the newer Macs, https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.ph ... st-1307030 and scroll down (provided it doesn't immediately take you to it) to the post by Proxxie_Desu, the first part until "The game should now work" are the relevant portions for this first method (so really just that command line). Use cd to get to the folder you need to go to, utilize the command line, and hopefully, you are home free.

The reason all that is potentially necessary, is because when you just create the Mac version from a PC, it deploys without many of the permission structures that Macs use to vet files—note without paying $100 to apple it won't ever vet completely, but it the structures were there you would get the "file downloaded from the internet, no permissions to run" that is far more simple to fix from Security & Privacy. This used to be a more minor inconvenience, as there were more simple fixes, but with the Newer Macs/macOs it now has become a terminal issue looks like. Unless the game devs have a Mac lying around to deploy the Mac version of the game from (probably not), this will continue to be a problem, and a thing needed to do for most Mac versions of RPG Maker games, so I would get familiar with the process.

Good Luck, and I hope any of that was able to help you, or anyone else with Macs.

Edit: You will still, even after the terminal shenanigans, get the: '“Game” cannot be opened because the developer cannot be verified.' and need to go into Security and Privacy to fix that little issue. You will also still likely need to move the 'Game.app' into another folder. These quick fixes are more like shortcuts if everything is alright, but will still need to be done in spite of using the terminal anyways. I didn't clear that up initially, so here you go.

This is what I posted in the Sabrina thread about getting RPG Maker Games to work on new Macs, see if that helps?
Hello there! For those interested here is the current listing for my bots for C.AI:
viewtopic.php?p=2984781#p2984781
Panzershark
Participator

Postby Emperor_Palpatine » Mon Jan 16, 2023 10:21 am

I'll try it. Thanks!
http://aryion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=15662 /RP preferences

Walk in the room and I know they all know man
If they don't know, put on a little show
Emperor_Palpatine
Heavy user

Postby Tylerdurden328 » Mon Jan 23, 2023 11:26 pm

justlookinaround wrote:Thank you, Oppi for all of your work on this game. For me, it is probably the best and most complete vore game I have ever played. And that is coming from someone who prefers prey/obs over pred. Excellent work, very sorry to hear that the files were lost, and I cannot wait to see where your new game goes!

I agree this is my favorite vore game. I look forward to seeing more!
Tylerdurden328
New to the forum

Postby awakener » Tue Jan 24, 2023 9:47 am

I just noticed the Title and saw that Oppi lost the files. This is truly awful news because this is easily my favorite vore game if not top 3 and the fact that it will be incomplete forever is... well it sucks to hear. I really enjoyed every bit of the gameplay in this, even the stuff I had to look up guides for. When it finally clicked in my head that there won't be an update my jaw dropped. I am so sorry to hear about this Oppi and I hope you are doing well. I know I'm late to the party but still... that just... wow.
awakener
New to the forum

Postby Turbotowns » Tue Feb 21, 2023 8:39 pm

I guessing we can't just provide one of our downloads, and Oppi works from that?

Also, Patreon had a later version where Jenny had her images updated to 3D which are pretty fucking hot, worth the money I spent, I guess I'm one of the few with the true last version?
Turbotowns
???

Postby Seifens » Wed Feb 22, 2023 2:00 am

Turbotowns wrote:I guessing we can't just provide one of our downloads, and Oppi works from that?

If the problem were just a missing project file and unencrypted assets that's pretty simple to get around. So I have to think it was more involved than that. My assumption is that a significant quantity of unpublished work towards the next version was lost, which is understandably demoralizing.
Seifens
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby umakeisee » Wed Feb 22, 2023 4:25 am

Seifens wrote:
Turbotowns wrote:I guessing we can't just provide one of our downloads, and Oppi works from that?

If the problem were just a missing project file and unencrypted assets that's pretty simple to get around. So I have to think it was more involved than that. My assumption is that a significant quantity of unpublished work towards the next version was lost, which is understandably demoralizing.

Given how we wrapped up the club quest with a four girl meal, I think we were nearing the end of the game. If what Oppi lost was basically the ending, then it would be no surprise that they decided to just move on.
Artist previously known as yourface5672.
umakeisee
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby TheEvilWithin » Wed Feb 22, 2023 4:48 am

umakeisee wrote:
Seifens wrote:

Given how we wrapped up the club quest with a four girl meal, I think we were nearing the end of the game. If what Oppi lost was basically the ending, then it would be no surprise that they decided to just move on.

No, we weren't even close to the ending. But Oppi did lose a pretty big update.
TheEvilWithin
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby awakener » Wed Feb 22, 2023 6:02 am

That just feels even more disheartening because that means there was still so much potential to go into this game. This was either my first or second game involving vore and I absolutely loved it so to see that it lost an update is heartbreaking. I hope Oppi is okay.
awakener
New to the forum

Postby wariodude128 » Wed Feb 22, 2023 11:04 am

awakener wrote:That just feels even more disheartening because that means there was still so much potential to go into this game. This was either my first or second game involving vore and I absolutely loved it so to see that it lost an update is heartbreaking. I hope Oppi is okay.

Good news is the game Sabrina the Hungry Witch is taking place in the same universe. What isn't clear yet is if it's a sequel or a prequel, but that can be figured out later. Once that's finished, I heard a remake of this game will be in the works. So don't lose hope, ye of sad face, all is not yet lost.
wariodude128
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby umakeisee » Wed Feb 22, 2023 3:18 pm

wariodude128 wrote:
awakener wrote:That just feels even more disheartening because that means there was still so much potential to go into this game. This was either my first or second game involving vore and I absolutely loved it so to see that it lost an update is heartbreaking. I hope Oppi is okay.

Good news is the game Sabrina the Hungry Witch is taking place in the same universe. What isn't clear yet is if it's a sequel or a prequel, but that can be figured out later. Once that's finished, I heard a remake of this game will be in the works. So don't lose hope, ye of sad face, all is not yet lost.

It's a sequel.
Spoiler: show
Pri has already been added to the public version.
Artist previously known as yourface5672.
umakeisee
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby LordKentus » Mon Feb 27, 2023 1:27 am

Sucks this got abandoned, the adventures of Pri were a fun ride I guess for how they lasted
LordKentus
Been posting for a bit

Postby TheEvilWithin » Mon Feb 27, 2023 2:29 pm

Well, if someone is interested, under Oppi's supervision, I wrote in the form of a series of stories, what the next update of A Way Back Home would have been about, before it all got sadly lost: https://aryion.com/g4/view/841793
TheEvilWithin
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Turbotowns » Mon Mar 06, 2023 4:00 am

wariodude128 wrote:

I guess we can only wait. Though I gotta say, what we currently have is already pretty damn great. Has the latest patreon been already made public? The changelog didn't look up to date, but I might've just forgot what was in the latest version. I'm glad I paid for it and gave Oppi some money, this is a quality product worth paying for, and I hope Oppi can get back on their feet, They have my support! Even if they never get around to remaking Pri's story, whatever they DO make will be hype and worth supporting!
Turbotowns
???

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game