A Way Back Home (RPG) New/Last Update

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: A Way Back Home (RPG) New Scene Fixed (Hopefully)

Postby Potatogggm » Thu Oct 14, 2021 3:39 pm

gamer210 wrote:
Potatogggm wrote:there's some way to transfer my old save into this new version? if you guys know how please tell me

copy save folder an past in new version

that's weird, i've already done this but it didn't worked :/

either way thank you for the concern
Potatogggm
Been posting for a bit

Postby wariodude128 » Thu Oct 14, 2021 10:34 pm

I see there's talk about a new scene that was fixed. Maybe I should redownload the game and see what this fix looks like. Also interested to know if Oppi is currently hard at work adding most if not all of the ideas I threw out which seemed like were caught with both hands.

Speaking of, if the vore scene of Hannah's Mom where Pri is prey gets added, it would make the most sense that it's only available whence Hannah has left the room. Shouldn't be too much of a problem unless you ignore the story of the game and go about finding as many vore scenes as possible, which we all know could very well happen. So if Pri tries looking at the shelf with the sketches while Hannah is in the room she should say there's not time for that now and that she should come back later.

That's about it, really. Currently hard at work on my own thing involving an abandoned game which I and two others are doing all we can to resurrect. Happy game making!
wariodude128
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby AkromX » Fri Oct 15, 2021 9:23 pm

Great game sor far but... the quest menu says there is only 31 vore scene, while here it says 35, so i got a bit confused... also, after being eaten by the girl and watching the scene of her eating her mom, this happened:

https://postimg.cc/bs1Ftk67

getting me soft locked
God knows that one day I will be in her stomach...
AkromX
Been posting for a bit

Postby TheEvilWithin » Sat Oct 16, 2021 2:14 am

I have an idea, although kinda weird and long: this would take place in the first village you visit in the new world: there'd be an area where kids use to play that give on a forest. By talking to one of the adults, you'd learn that one of the kids hasn't returned from playing hide and seek, from which you can offer to help find him/her, by entering the forest you'd eventually find it being chaised by a lamia. You can let him/her get devoured (because Jacob told you that lamia are the strongest predator) or intervene and fight it. Basically you have to resist up to 7 turns (lamia could beat you in 2 or 3 hits) until she get bored of trying to chase you and leave you for a better meal. After this, you bring the kid back which gives you money. Additional scene is you meeting the kid in the village that ask you if you would play with them and the other kids at hide and seek so that you can watch them in case a "predator appear". You can choose to play normally, refuse or "accept". If you chose the third option, you would start searching them in the forest and eat them one by one (a total of 6) with last being the kid you saved, which you could taunt with something like "I just was the better peedator". At that point Pri would be stuffed as if she hate 2-3 people. What do you think?
TheEvilWithin
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby wariodude128 » Sat Oct 16, 2021 12:31 pm

Souls6 wrote:I have an idea, although kinda weird and long: this would take place in the first village you visit in the new world: there'd be an area where kids use to play that give on a forest. By talking to one of the adults, you'd learn that one of the kids hasn't returned from playing hide and seek, from which you can offer to help find him/her, by entering the forest you'd eventually find it being chaised by a lamia. You can let him/her get devoured (because Jacob told you that lamia are the strongest predator) or intervene and fight it. Basically you have to resist up to 7 turns (lamia could beat you in 2 or 3 hits) until she get bored of trying to chase you and leave you for a better meal. After this, you bring the kid back which gives you money. Additional scene is you meeting the kid in the village that ask you if you would play with them and the other kids at hide and seek so that you can watch them in case a "predator appear". You can choose to play normally, refuse or "accept". If you chose the third option, you would start searching them in the forest and eat them one by one (a total of 6) with last being the kid you saved, which you could taunt with something like "I just was the better peedator". At that point Pri would be stuffed as if she hate 2-3 people. What do you think?

Well, we're not really sure what the home dimension Pri came from is like. Also, the experiments on Pri have made her strong enough to break chains she being held in. So if she faced off with a lamia I'm pretty sure it would be more or less a fair fight, especially if you still have the brass knuckles equipped. The rest of the idea sounds interesting and I think it should be considered. That is of course if plot details for the first village as well as vore scenes haven't already been set in stone. Also, I think the number of kids you play hide and seek with should be three instead of six since that's how many Pri ate during the neighbor's family scene. Of course, she might be able to eat more at once since there was only three available at the time, so I could be wrong. We'll have to see what Oppi says.
wariodude128
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby TheEvilWithin » Sun Oct 17, 2021 3:41 am

wariodude128 wrote:
Souls6 wrote:I have an idea, although kinda weird and long: this would take place in the first village you visit in the new world: there'd be an area where kids use to play that give on a forest. By talking to one of the adults, you'd learn that one of the kids hasn't returned from playing hide and seek, from which you can offer to help find him/her, by entering the forest you'd eventually find it being chaised by a lamia. You can let him/her get devoured (because Jacob told you that lamia are the strongest predator) or intervene and fight it. Basically you have to resist up to 7 turns (lamia could beat you in 2 or 3 hits) until she get bored of trying to chase you and leave you for a better meal. After this, you bring the kid back which gives you money. Additional scene is you meeting the kid in the village that ask you if you would play with them and the other kids at hide and seek so that you can watch them in case a "predator appear". You can choose to play normally, refuse or "accept". If you chose the third option, you would start searching them in the forest and eat them one by one (a total of 6) with last being the kid you saved, which you could taunt with something like "I just was the better peedator". At that point Pri would be stuffed as if she hate 2-3 people. What do you think?

Well, we're not really sure what the home dimension Pri came from is like. Also, the experiments on Pri have made her strong enough to break chains she being held in. So if she faced off with a lamia I'm pretty sure it would be more or less a fair fight, especially if you still have the brass knuckles equipped. The rest of the idea sounds interesting and I think it should be considered. That is of course if plot details for the first village as well as vore scenes haven't already been set in stone. Also, I think the number of kids you play hide and seek with should be three instead of six since that's how many Pri ate during the neighbor's family scene. Of course, she might be able to eat more at once since there was only three available at the time, so I could be wrong. We'll have to see what Oppi says.

I chose 6 because I thought that if 3 give Pri a belly as big as 1 adult, then 6 give her a belly of 2 adults. Also it would be better if for now Pri can't face off on par against a lamia, which is apparently a lot stronger than a tigergirl right from the beginning.
Also still offering the idea of Lea joining the party, either as "thief" or an healer/white mage.
TheEvilWithin
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby oppi » Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:07 am

AkromX wrote:Great game sor far but... the quest menu says there is only 31 vore scene, while here it says 35, so i got a bit confused... also, after being eaten by the girl and watching the scene of her eating her mom, this happened:

https://postimg.cc/bs1Ftk67

getting me soft locked

Thanks for reporting the bugg. It'll be fixed when the next update gets released.

wariodude128 wrote:I see there's talk about a new scene that was fixed. Maybe I should redownload the game and see what this fix looks like. Also interested to know if Oppi is currently hard at work adding most if not all of the ideas I threw out which seemed like were caught with both hands.

Speaking of, if the vore scene of Hannah's Mom where Pri is prey gets added, it would make the most sense that it's only available whence Hannah has left the room. Shouldn't be too much of a problem unless you ignore the story of the game and go about finding as many vore scenes as possible, which we all know could very well happen. So if Pri tries looking at the shelf with the sketches while Hannah is in the room she should say there's not time for that now and that she should come back later.

That's about it, really. Currently hard at work on my own thing involving an abandoned game which I and two others are doing all we can to resurrect. Happy game making!

I'll definitely add some of your ideas.
I think that makes a lot of sense how you describe the scene.
If I add it, it's going to be like you described it.

Good luck with your own project!

Ohhh this sounds good!
I like this scene a lot!
This quest is going to be added for sure! Maybe I'll make a few slight changes but it'll be very similar.
oppi
Participator

Postby gamer210 » Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:16 pm

The hide and seek Vore game sounds good a different variation would teach one kid the hide an vore rules and that eats them one by one finishing with the regular woman that watches them then Pri can watch then leave or eat the huge meal laying before her. :gulp:

At some point jumping from one Weight class to another can get easier with let’s call Buffet gorge scenes because their are some scenes asking your sometimes heavier weight class maybe area zone three a new feature or quest for a size lock or foods drop from fights increases weight class
gamer210
Somewhat familiar

Postby feauxen » Thu Oct 21, 2021 12:13 am

So, I'm stuck and very, very frustrated. I've liked this game so far, and it definitely shows promise, but I've either encountered moon logic or the most frustrating softlock bug in existence. I need help.

I'm in the Evil HQ and the main quest is still telling me to enter the Evil HQ. Is there some trick to it? I tried a lot of things, and none worked, mostly because I was hung up on the idea that my savescumming the ABSOLUTE BULLSHIT that is the stupid steal game out of nowhere was resetting the quest log somehow. But I just checked, and it doesn't even update if I enter the window, make my way all the way through the base without getting caught or savescumming (and I HATE those stupid guards with a firey passion because confirming this took FUCKING AGES) and talk to everyone indicated in the guide before exiting again.

I can't proceed further into the base as would seem logical (how do I know the Boss isn't in her own damn HQ if I haven't checked the guide again? Is that part of the bug/whatever this is?) since I need to 'check all the rooms' before proceeding further to the right in the Most Annoying Room in the Entire Game (the one with all the damn guards you have to avoid as you work your way right.) I checked. All the rooms. I got absolutely nowhere for it.

I wouldn't mind that it's a dead end if the game gave ANY indication whatsoever that I needed to go somewhere else, or even if the other parts of town opened up while I wasn't looking and I would have eventually left in disgust to find that the town wasn't fucking tiny anymore. As is, I really want to track down the rest of the scenes and just fucking CAN'T because either the game operates on moon logic or just straight up doesn't function properly.

I apologize for the rant. As I said earlier, I enjoy this game. I like how you can go back to any scene and re-experience it, I like how many scenes there are, I like that the player is primarily the pred, I like seeing the girls you've eaten slowly lose clothing and gain suspiciously aroused-looking blushes, I like the weight gain way more than I thought I would (having new self-examination text and images definitely helps there) and I like that most scenes where you get rewarded require a bit of work on the player's part so they actually feel rewarding. I just...can't figure out what the hell is going on and the rest of the game is so rewarding that being unable to access part of it really, really pushed my buttons.
feauxen
Somewhat familiar

Postby Prodi » Thu Oct 21, 2021 4:23 am

feauxen wrote:I can't proceed further into the base as would seem logical (how do I know the Boss isn't in her own damn HQ if I haven't checked the guide again? Is that part of the bug/whatever this is?) since I need to 'check all the rooms' before proceeding further to the right

There are two doors in the room with the all the guards. You need to enter the second one, near the end of the room, and talk to the white haired guy inside. After that, you should be able to go further inside.
Prodi
New to the forum

Postby Seifens » Thu Oct 21, 2021 4:47 am

Prodi wrote:
feauxen wrote:I can't proceed further into the base as would seem logical (how do I know the Boss isn't in her own damn HQ if I haven't checked the guide again? Is that part of the bug/whatever this is?) since I need to 'check all the rooms' before proceeding further to the right

There are two doors in the room with the all the guards. You need to enter the second one, near the end of the room, and talk to the white haired guy inside. After that, you should be able to go further inside.

In case it isn't clear, you have to talk to the white haired guy/scientist in that room to proceed. Pri will threaten him and learn more about the current situation, giving you justification to continue.

It caught me up on my second playthrough as well. I'm not sure what you would do to fix it though... Maybe have the right hand exit lead into a room with the scientist and a locked door, and you are pushed towards talking to the scientist in order to open the door? Alternatively it could probably just be removed. The information he gives you seems pretty obvious by the time you get it and I'm not aware of any callbacks to it later on, so I'm not sure if it's worth holding the player back from continuing just for not having heard it.

For future reference though, the guards in the room you're talking about move on fixed paths, and there are lots of 'safe' squares. If you stand still and watch where they walk, you'll see how the guards never path through specific tiles, and if you're standing in one of those safe spaces they'll never catch you even if they pass right next to you. You just have to stop, watch the guards to figure out which tiles are safe, then dart from one to another when the patrol cycles open up gaps. The trickiest bit is that when you come out of the room in question, a guard will be walking straight towards you and you have to get out of the way quickly, so be sure to plan for that. If you're having trouble with the movement try toggling 'always run' in the options. I prefer it enabled since it lets me move quickly when there are gaps, but I definitely do overshoot marks sometimes when trying to move precisely.
Seifens
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby wariodude128 » Thu Oct 21, 2021 12:46 pm

Seifens wrote:
Prodi wrote:

In case it isn't clear, you have to talk to the white haired guy/scientist in that room to proceed. Pri will threaten him and learn more about the current situation, giving you justification to continue.

It caught me up on my second playthrough as well. I'm not sure what you would do to fix it though... Maybe have the right hand exit lead into a room with the scientist and a locked door, and you are pushed towards talking to the scientist in order to open the door? Alternatively it could probably just be removed. The information he gives you seems pretty obvious by the time you get it and I'm not aware of any callbacks to it later on, so I'm not sure if it's worth holding the player back from continuing just for not having heard it.

For future reference though, the guards in the room you're talking about move on fixed paths, and there are lots of 'safe' squares. If you stand still and watch where they walk, you'll see how the guards never path through specific tiles, and if you're standing in one of those safe spaces they'll never catch you even if they pass right next to you. You just have to stop, watch the guards to figure out which tiles are safe, then dart from one to another when the patrol cycles open up gaps. The trickiest bit is that when you come out of the room in question, a guard will be walking straight towards you and you have to get out of the way quickly, so be sure to plan for that. If you're having trouble with the movement try toggling 'always run' in the options. I prefer it enabled since it lets me move quickly when there are gaps, but I definitely do overshoot marks sometimes when trying to move precisely.

Along with that, the two guards who seem to be blocking the way to the right will have moved out of the way after you go into the door leading to the room with the old scientist. Will be a bit tricky to get there, but if you don't want to go back to square one each time you get caught save scumming is your friend.
wariodude128
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby feauxen » Thu Oct 21, 2021 6:33 pm

Prodi wrote:

I talked to the guy. And I talked to the fox too, like the guide said to. I've talked to the scientist multiple times. All he does is say that the leader has our friend and agree not to call the guards since Pri threatens to eat him. It definitely doesn't let me continue on into the base. When I try to proceed, it tells me to check all the doors. I checked every damn door I could see, including the other door in that room that just says it's locked and doesn't open. I still can't proceed.
feauxen
Somewhat familiar

Postby feauxen » Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:09 pm

feauxen wrote:So, I'm stuck and very, very frustrated. I've liked this game so far, and it definitely shows promise, but I've either encountered moon logic or the most frustrating softlock bug in existence. I need help.

I'm in the Evil HQ and the main quest is still telling me to enter the Evil HQ. Is there some trick to it? I tried a lot of things, and none worked, mostly because I was hung up on the idea that my savescumming the ABSOLUTE BULLSHIT that is the stupid steal game out of nowhere was resetting the quest log somehow. But I just checked, and it doesn't even update if I enter the window, make my way all the way through the base without getting caught or savescumming (and I HATE those stupid guards with a firey passion because confirming this took FUCKING AGES) and talk to everyone indicated in the guide before exiting again.

I can't proceed further into the base as would seem logical (how do I know the Boss isn't in her own damn HQ if I haven't checked the guide again? Is that part of the bug/whatever this is?) since I need to 'check all the rooms' before proceeding further to the right in the Most Annoying Room in the Entire Game (the one with all the damn guards you have to avoid as you work your way right.) I checked. All the rooms. I got absolutely nowhere for it.

I wouldn't mind that it's a dead end if the game gave ANY indication whatsoever that I needed to go somewhere else, or even if the other parts of town opened up while I wasn't looking and I would have eventually left in disgust to find that the town wasn't fucking tiny anymore. As is, I really want to track down the rest of the scenes and just fucking CAN'T because either the game operates on moon logic or just straight up doesn't function properly.

I apologize for the rant. As I said earlier, I enjoy this game. I like how you can go back to any scene and re-experience it, I like how many scenes there are, I like that the player is primarily the pred, I like seeing the girls you've eaten slowly lose clothing and gain suspiciously aroused-looking blushes, I like the weight gain way more than I thought I would (having new self-examination text and images definitely helps there) and I like that most scenes where you get rewarded require a bit of work on the player's part so they actually feel rewarding. I just...can't figure out what the hell is going on and the rest of the game is so rewarding that being unable to access part of it really, really pushed my buttons.

Update, I just tried again and now I can progress for some reason. Fuck my life. I was tired enough last night that I can believe that I was just missing something obvious, but the quest progression is still weird. I'm in the HQ, why does it tell me to enter the HQ?

Anyway, it works now, so I'm going to stop asking questions.
feauxen
Somewhat familiar

Postby HentaiMaster90000 » Fri Oct 22, 2021 6:41 pm

I'm hearing talk of Lily (who i assume is the girl who feeds you her babysitter and brother) having a pred scene? How do I get it?
Also, it would be nice to have some more older female preds in the game, for example hannah's nother eating you as revenge, or the hot neighbor eating the girl from the vore club
HentaiMaster90000
Been posting for a bit

Postby wariodude128 » Fri Oct 22, 2021 6:55 pm

HentaiMaster90000 wrote:I'm hearing talk of Lily (who i assume is the girl who feeds you her babysitter and brother) having a pred scene? How do I get it?
Also, it would be nice to have some more older female preds in the game, for example hannah's nother eating you as revenge, or the hot neighbor eating the girl from the vore club

Right, so, there's actually two girls with a similar name. One is an aspiring model named Lillie, who you get to watch eat someone and then eat her yourself if you get a key, and Lili the little girl who you end up basically eating her entire family plus babysitter. Not sure what happens to her after, but I don't think the game or you really care after getting several meals worth due to just one character.
EDIT! I actually suggested a vore scene with Hannah's mother awhile ago and Oppi said they would write it down and implement it as written. So your prayers will be answered in at least one instance, now rejoice!
wariodude128
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Turbotowns » Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:51 am

HentaiMaster90000 wrote:I'm hearing talk of Lily (who i assume is the girl who feeds you her babysitter and brother) having a pred scene? How do I get it?

Oh, more loli preds are always a treat!
Turbotowns
???

Postby oppi » Sun Oct 24, 2021 1:21 pm

The girl who feeds you her babysitter is called Lea (I know it's getting a little bit confusing with all the names...)
She also kind of feeds you her step sister and mom.
But there's not yet a scene with Lea herself.

I totally agree that it would be nice to have some more older female preds in the game!
I'll add the Hannah's mother as pred scene, with the explanation that she works for the evil corporation and thus has access to the "magic juice" that can turn people into preds.

I can't add too many as it's not working with the story...

But don't worry, I'll add plenty of preds in Zenidore!
oppi
Participator

Postby wariodude128 » Sun Oct 24, 2021 4:51 pm

oppi wrote:

The girl who feeds you her babysitter is called Lea (I know it's getting a little bit confusing with all the names...)

I totally agree that it would be nice to have some more older female preds in the game!
I'll add the Hannah's mother as pred scene, with the explanation that she works for the evil corporation and thus has access to the "magic juice" that can turn people into preds.

You already wrote down a scene where she's a pred, remember? That said, it could be that she was one of the first to be experimented on and nothing seemed to happen. It's only when she got back home that she ate her mother, and now in the room with the vore pictures she decided to eat Pri as well after she looked at the vore sketches. Actually got an idea for a special vore scene in Zenidore, but it can wait until chapter 1 is complete and chapter 2 is being focused on.
wariodude128
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Dotsu » Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:19 pm

wariodude128 wrote:
oppi wrote:

You already wrote down a scene where she's a pred, remember? That said, it could be that she was one of the first to be experimented on and nothing seemed to happen. It's only when she got back home that she ate her mother, and now in the room with the vore pictures she decided to eat Pri as well after she looked at the vore sketches. Actually got an idea for a special vore scene in Zenidore, but it can wait until chapter 1 is complete and chapter 2 is being focused on.

My ocd is bugging me here then someone else would have to get eaten by the evil coorperation woman. It just dosent mace sense an controdicts the story at the end of chapter 1 with hannah getting eaten. I feel that that is something if the choice is made it should affect the story. I feel if Hannah becomes a pred then its a situation that she would either have to not be connected to the evil coorperation or her family is form Zandenir themselves (forgive spelling) as it would also explian why pri could beat hannah's sister yet still get eaten by hannah (sorry i do game plot writting for a living.)

Your game oppi but id feel it would make to many plot holes an it seems like your wanting to adhere to the story by at least a little bit. so i thought i should put this out there.
Матрешка!

I am Dotsu your local thigh addict.
Dotsu
Participator

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game