physics based vore system prog update (digestion / disposal)

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

physics based vore system prog update (digestion / disposal)

Postby thefattestL » Sat Jan 16, 2021 6:22 pm

No download yet, sorry. Just some images to share.

this is the main inventory, in the center you have the intestines which will obviously change based on what species/gender you are. to the left you have stats, an explanation of them in order descending is

name: name of the creature
class: what class the creature has (changing combat/vore skills)
???: Thats supposed to be attack but it's not rendering right or something
thicc: how thicc the character is, will change based on how much you eat. rather than doing it dynamically like I had hoped, your character will evolve like a pokemon when they gain enough "thicc points"
weight: determines how large a creature is, changes based on species/thiccness.
species: what species your character will be, adding a lot of typical fantasy creatures, most of which are based off the monster girl wiki. upcoming demo will only have human and possibly slime because that seems easy to code
cap: short for capacity, the maximum amount of weight you can have in your stomach. (thought that would make more sense than having a creature cap)
vore: determines your capacity and also acid no longer cycles through your system, once it is used it needs to be regenerated, so this also determines both the speed at which acid generates and the potency of said acid
ability: a random ability assigned to each character.

this is the sort of gameplay you can expect, a top down dungeon crawling adventure. on the right there you can see your active party, which right now is just that sideways V I'm using as a placeholder. clicking on the blue orb will bring up stats and the inventory of that character.

so yeah, theres that. I don't want to put dates on anything because I'm horrible at underestimating the amount of work needed to complete projects, so demo will maybe sometime before the end of next month? if you have any questions/comments/suggestions I'd love to hear them.
(previous post)
Spoiler: show

This is a physics based inventory system mimicking the human digestive track. You can store items anywhere in the inventory as well as digest prey.

You can hover your cursor over an item to learn about it, and digested prey keeps the name they had before being eaten. This presents interesting gameplay mechanics, for example you could physically use potions by opening the stopper and pouring the contents out to be absorbed, or you could make your own potions by half digesting prey and bottling it up for later. Even though I don't have it implemented right now, I would like all draggable objects to be physically stopped by stomach walls, becoming a physics puzzle in order to get items where they need to be. There isn't a whole lot going on right now, there isn't even a game surrounding the inventory system so it's more like a little sandbox.

I'd like to include many different types of vore as well as some of the typical fantasy creatures that you can play as as well as eat. It would be easy to add different body parts as well as rearrange the whole system since I've made it in such a modular way. I'd also like to add a weight mechanic that changes the sprite of your character to reflect weight gain, that would be pretty easy, but the thing I want to add but have no idea how to is prey that stretches out your stomach and intestines, so I'll do some experimenting on that. I would like to post some video of the game in action but I'm not sure where to do so. If you like the project then make sure to comment what mechanics you would want to see added or ask questions.
Last edited by thefattestL on Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:23 am, edited 3 times in total.
thefattestL
Been posting for a bit

Re: physics based inventory / vore system (hard vore / dispo

Postby TheDragonBoy » Sat Jan 16, 2021 7:56 pm

This seems like a really fun idea. It reminds me of this one iOS app “The Human Body”, but explicitly vore themed.
TheDragonBoy
Somewhat familiar

Postby Slayerhero90 » Sat Jan 16, 2021 8:01 pm

This doesn't look like hard vore; hard vore is when the prey doesn't go in whole. This looks like soft vore with digestion. Probably not the best naming convention we could have, but it's what we have.

I'd normally not correct this and let it be, but this project looks very interesting and it'd be a shame if people into soft vore + digestion passed it over, just because they thought it was something else.
Slayerhero90
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby thefattestL » Sat Jan 16, 2021 8:41 pm

Slayerhero90 wrote:This doesn't look like hard vore; hard vore is when the prey doesn't go in whole. This looks like soft vore with digestion. Probably not the best naming convention we could have, but it's what we have.

I'd normally not correct this and let it be, but this project looks very interesting and it'd be a shame if people into soft vore + digestion passed it over, just because they thought it was something else.

I guess I'm not too familiar with the tags feature lol
thefattestL
Been posting for a bit

Re: physics based inventory / vore system (digestion / dispo

Postby Nightshadow101 » Sun Jan 17, 2021 12:28 am

although not particularly in line with what you seem to be doing, adding maybe, CV? UB? would be nice. also a download link! lol
Nightshadow101
Been posting for a bit

Postby thefattestL » Sun Jan 17, 2021 12:53 am

Nightshadow101 wrote:although not particularly in line with what you seem to be doing, adding maybe, CV? UB? would be nice. also a download link! lol

I will add those kinds of vore after I finish cleaning up how it all works. adding separate inventories would be as easy as drawing it then adding collision. demo will come when there is an actual game, not a little sandbox, maybe a week? we'll see.
thefattestL
Been posting for a bit

Postby chefjellyguy » Sun Jan 17, 2021 12:14 pm

only feature i would want is, depending on how simple the sprites/different characters are, you could include custom character support, but that would just be nice to have more than anything.
chefjellyguy
Been posting for a bit

Postby Nightshadow101 » Sun Jan 17, 2021 3:06 pm

thefattestL wrote:
Nightshadow101 wrote:although not particularly in line with what you seem to be doing, adding maybe, CV? UB? would be nice. also a download link! lol

I will add those kinds of vore after I finish cleaning up how it all works. adding separate inventories would be as easy as drawing it then adding collision. demo will come when there is an actual game, not a little sandbox, maybe a week? we'll see.

honestly, regardless, i think it looks good. cant wait to see what you come up with. theres never enough vore games out there
Nightshadow101
Been posting for a bit

Postby unzipsdick » Sun Jan 17, 2021 7:26 pm

Do you have any ideas for what this might be like as a full game? The project seems really interesting and I'd love to play it when it comes out.
"What was it he said that got everyone so upset?"
"Be kind to each other."
"Oh yeah, that'll do it."
unzipsdick
Somewhat familiar

Postby thefattestL » Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:31 pm

unzipsdick wrote:Do you have any ideas for what this might be like as a full game? The project seems really interesting and I'd love to play it when it comes out.

I have no idea. I might be able to make a demo by the end of the month but we'll see.
thefattestL
Been posting for a bit

Postby unzipsdick » Sun Jan 17, 2021 11:52 pm

thefattestL wrote:
unzipsdick wrote:Do you have any ideas for what this might be like as a full game? The project seems really interesting and I'd love to play it when it comes out.

I have no idea. I might be able to make a demo by the end of the month but we'll see.

If you need ideas, I was thinking kind of a dungeon crawler/RPG from the perspective of the digestive system. You make decisions about what to do, but the main gameplay is using the resources you have already in the "inventory." Maybe you can find recipes and formulas as you travel, so you know what to combine.
"What was it he said that got everyone so upset?"
"Be kind to each other."
"Oh yeah, that'll do it."
unzipsdick
Somewhat familiar

Postby thefattestL » Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:09 am

unzipsdick wrote:
thefattestL wrote:

If you need ideas, I was thinking kind of a dungeon crawler/RPG from the perspective of the digestive system. You make decisions about what to do, but the main gameplay is using the resources you have already in the "inventory." Maybe you can find recipes and formulas as you travel, so you know what to combine.

The biggest problem I'm running into is actually making sprites for the character to walk around. it needs varying levels of thiccness and stomach weight, which means drawing a whole lot of frames.
thefattestL
Been posting for a bit

Postby thefattestL » Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:22 am

chefjellyguy wrote:only feature i would want is, depending on how simple the sprites/different characters are, you could include custom character support, but that would just be nice to have more than anything.

That would be ideal but I am not sure I would be able to do something like this because of the engine, and even if I was it would be an incredibly complicated process for the modder.
thefattestL
Been posting for a bit

Re: physics based vore system prog update (digestion / dispo

Postby zenox81 » Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:36 am

This looks promising.
zenox81
Been posting for a bit

Return to Vore game