Feeding Them (Apr 10th, 2021 Update)

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Feeding Them (Vore Visual Novel In Progress)

Postby RealZikik » Mon Dec 14, 2020 4:15 pm

thdergonberg wrote:quick question. how do I reach the sister level

You have to clear the mom level and then hit "Continue Game".
RealZikik
Participator

Postby ryanshowseason3 » Mon Dec 14, 2020 8:44 pm

Small little thing, fun concept. It feels like less of a game and more of a series of prompts with very repetitive responses.

Don't know if suggestions are unwelcome but in case you're interested I've worked with renpy a lot in my game project and have a few ideas for you.

Small animations
Renpy supports using multiple frames for a single "show" command. You can make a couple pictures with a belly slightly offset and create the illusion of animation and belly movement. It really ups the experience. for example here:

Code: Select all
image car gut3:
        "images/characters/Carrie/0gut33.png"
        pause 0.5
        "images/characters/Carrie/0gut34.png"
        pause 0.5
        repeat

That's in an upcoming update for my game. Two frames of animation to make the belly shift and jostle.

Breast expansion
You mention it in the game so I was hoping for a little boost to be visible on the preds. That would be a nice little add.

More varied responses.
Each option now shows the same dialog over and over. Maybe make a few different ones that play at random.

Gamify it.
Right now you just spam massage and get digested. Not much strategy there at least for the first couple potential preds. Perhaps other girls might react better to forceful approaches and you have to figure out what motivates them? Perhaps one likes feeling the struggles? That's one way. You've sparked an idea in me though... The following is a large departure from what you have to feel free to ignore it if it doesn't appeal.

What if you were trying to get digested and had to distract your pred long enough to get gurgled before her conscience caught up with her? Kind of like a race between you being beyond the point of no return and her feeling bad about digesting you and letting you out.

For instance struggling makes her feel bad about having you in there but also rouses the stomach to churn you harder and remove more health.
Massage makes them want to keep you in there a lot more but the belly relaxes a bit on you and damages you less.
Masturbate percentage chance to give a big boost to delay their conscience since hey if you can get off on this then you must be fine still! But of course it isn't easy for guys to just get off tons of times in a row.
Talk could make them forget for a moment the crazy situation and digestion continues at a normal pace. Could have an increasing chance to fail as you're digested more and less able to carry on a conversation.
ryanshowseason3
???

Postby SquishySofty » Mon Dec 14, 2020 9:20 pm

ryanshowseason3 wrote:More varied responses.
Each option now shows the same dialog over and over. Maybe make a few different ones that play at random.

That'd be very interesting to see. Responses feels like I've been playing the first girl over again (And this is because I've completed the first girl and second girl on my first try.)

ryanshowseason3 wrote:Gamify it.
[Details here]

As I've been a huge fan of Ren'py games in general (And I've been making prototypes before), I think I could have a follow up ideas/suggestions for the Gameify section. Likely in the stomach phase:
Spoiler: show
Maybe the main progression meter would be the Digestion meter? Struggle will increase it. Talking will increase it slowly, and Massage makes the meter either slow down or stops. Getting the wrong choice drains the meter. Getting the right choice increases the meter. After a specific point that the digestion meter will reach, a "Choice" will pop up (Ex: If the meter is 5%, then the prompt will show up.)
However, "Anger" will increases if you struggle, or get the wrong choice. Massaging it would drain the meter, and Talk will slowly drain the meter, but will have a 10% chance that will increase the anger.

Masturbate would probably have a "Lewdness/Defense aura bonus" to slow down the anger increment. The bonus will drain overtime as well (And will also increase if get the "Bonus" options, which is hidden). It's basically convincing the pred that the prey loves it, and trying to get the pred to love it as well. However, will have a chance that you'll be distracted and you can't act at all if the player's arousal is too high (Except Masturbate can't be distracted). Masturbate shares the same Digestion increase rate as if you're Massaging.

A turn counter will show up that you'll have limited turns to convince her that you'll be digested (50 turns or 70 turns). If it doesn't reach the Digestion quota or the Anger quota while the turn counter is set to 0, then you'll get the "[Character] didn't digest you ending." Others are self-explanatory (Anger 100% will get you the "[Character] is mad at you" ending, and Digestion 100% will get you the Digested Ending.)

Anyways, I was just throwing my 2 cents in the well as I don't expect anyone to take ideas or suggestions. But again, the game is short yet very inspiring as well (Though, it can be very repetitive).
Not feeling so well, don't expect much of me...
SquishySofty
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby RealZikik » Tue Dec 15, 2020 4:58 pm

Yeah, I've been thinking of adding some stuff to make it feel more like a game rather than a series of choices at some point. Having meters for stuff is something I've thought about, but it would take me some time to figure out how to work all that into the game. When it comes to the game's artwork, I don't really know if I'll add animations but I am at least considering making everyone more expressive at some point.
RealZikik
Participator

Postby SquishySofty » Tue Dec 15, 2020 9:37 pm

Here are small (And probably sloppy) examples of showing meters and menus on the screen. It is what I envisioned the game progress of how it would look in the future. This style is a reference to one of my older projects.
A reminder that these screenshots was recreated purely on a drawing program, and not an actual ren'py game. Some areas are incorrect.

Oh, and spoilers for Level 2
Level 2 example.png
On screen character talking with current stats.

Level 2 example1.png
A different approach of the menu phase. This does not require the usage of [menu:] codes.
Note that the menus are placeholders, not actual representation (Those are for stomach phase only)

Non-Stomach phase menus would be Talk, Beg (Acts like Massage), Demand (Acts like Struggle), Apologize (Higher chances if over 70% Anger), and Wait.
SquishySofty
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby ScienceTiny » Wed Dec 16, 2020 12:17 am

I ran into an error on level 2. It seems the label on line 173 is missing a 't', as it is named 'donthinkofmeasyourbrother' instead of 'dontthinkofmeasyourbrother', and adding it fixed the error.
Code: Select all
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/level2.rpy", line 162, in script
    jump dontthinkofmeasyourbrother
ScriptError: could not find label 'dontthinkofmeasyourbrother'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/level2.rpy", line 162, in script
    jump dontthinkofmeasyourbrother
  File "/home/user/Documents/things/FeedingThem-1.1-pc/FeedingThem-1.1-pc/renpy/ast.py", line 1697, in execute
    rv = renpy.game.script.lookup(target)
  File "/home/user/Documents/things/FeedingThem-1.1-pc/FeedingThem-1.1-pc/renpy/script.py", line 898, in lookup
    raise ScriptError("could not find label '%s'." % str(original))
ScriptError: could not find label 'dontthinkofmeasyourbrother'.

Linux-5.3.0-28-generic-x86_64-with-debian-buster-sid
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
FeedingThemDemo2 1.1
Tue Dec 15 23:04:43 2020

I am still on level 2, but I've liked everything so far.

I also found two more. Line 343 has 'ithinkitshotsis', while line 360 is 'ithinkitishotsis'. One of them uses it's while the other uses it is.
Line 734 has 'sisnotconvinced' while the label on line 736 is 'sisisnotconvinced'.
ScienceTiny
Been posting for a bit

Postby Koseki » Wed Dec 16, 2020 8:54 am

idea is amazing and im lovin it. level 2 is broken though and you cant complete it
http://aryion.com/g4/gallery/Koseki <-----check my stories, maybe you like them, maybe you hate them!
Koseki
Participator

Postby SquishySofty » Wed Dec 16, 2020 2:12 pm

Koseki wrote:level 2 is broken though and you cant complete it

I assume you have the "Sis is not convinced" ending (Pre-stomach phase) and it throws an error on you.
Either that, or the difficulty in the Pre-stomach phase for Level 2 have a steep spike.

As usual, Level 2 Spoilers:
The steep spike, as in 13 - 17 points with no wrong/neutral options. 12 is the minimum requirement.
And it can't be during the Stomach phase either due to how easy the difficulty is while spamming Massage. This exploit is still present in Level 1 as well.
SquishySofty
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby RealZikik » Thu Dec 17, 2020 1:22 am

Whoops. Guess I didn't test level 2 thoroughly as I thought. I'll make sure to go update it the next time I work on the game.
RealZikik
Participator

Postby account » Fri Jan 15, 2021 5:32 pm

Any new developments on this game? It is REALLY good and I cant wait to see the next level.
account
New to the forum

Postby RealZikik » Sat Jan 16, 2021 3:29 pm

I currently don't have anything else to announce.
RealZikik
Participator

Postby account » Sun Jan 17, 2021 8:47 am

Aww bummer. Well I'll stay patient. If I can throw my two cents out though, I'd love to see a more FemDom girl to feed myself to. Maybe a little sister or teacher who wants to make the player beg to be eaten and will call them snacky or food. She could tease the player about how they will feel good to shit out.
account
New to the forum

Postby MarkusFreeman320 » Sun Jan 17, 2021 7:34 pm

account wrote:Aww bummer. Well I'll stay patient. If I can throw my two cents out though, I'd love to see a more FemDom girl to feed myself to. Maybe a little sister or teacher who wants to make the player beg to be eaten and will call them snacky or food. She could tease the player about how they will feel good to shit out.

I personally love the unique feel this has with the prey more willing than the pred, a really nice reversal of all the other games where the preds are much more dominant and teasing of the unwilling prey, and I personally feel having overly dominant and teasing preds would undermine the gameplay and whole feel of this game.
MarkusFreeman320
Participator

Location: Western Scotland (That's as much detail as you're getting)

Postby account » Wed Jan 20, 2021 9:57 pm

That's definitely fair. That is a very big strongpoint in what makes this game so engaging. I'd like to see the dominant predator and willing prey in one level of it, but you are right. It probably shouldn't be a standard for other levels. Either way, I'm excited to see what RealZikik does in the next level. I'm looking forward to following this one.
account
New to the forum

Postby Zerinol87 » Sat Jan 23, 2021 8:43 pm

That looks awesome, I can't wait for an update of this game, potentially one of the best i ever played, keep going bro
Zerinol87
New to the forum

Postby fmolga » Mon Jan 25, 2021 6:16 am

if you did a version where you don’t feed them would you rather eat them instead?
:gulp:
fmolga
New to the forum

Postby RealZikik » Sun Feb 28, 2021 4:49 pm

fmolga wrote:if you did a version where you don’t feed them would you rather eat them instead?
:gulp:

Back when this was an RPGMaker project, I did have plans for being able to be a pred, but it's not very likely I'll add anything like that in this version of the game. But you never know, I may change my mind in the future.
RealZikik
Participator

Postby Voretester42069 » Mon Mar 15, 2021 1:36 pm

I got this error
Attachments
Screenshot 2021-03-15 203443.png
how to fix it?
Voretester42069
New to the forum

Postby SquishySofty » Mon Mar 15, 2021 10:35 pm

Voretester42069 wrote:I got this error

This is likely because the game tries to jump into a label that doesn't exist.
Unless if you're good at editing the game's .rpy format to make a fix, there's nothing you can do except try playing the game again to avoid the Not-convinced ending.
SquishySofty
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby RealZikik » Tue Mar 16, 2021 2:09 pm

Yeah, I'll make sure to fix that in the next update and try to pay more attention when testing level 3.
RealZikik
Participator

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game