Magic School version 0.3.6 GUI added!

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

What do you want worked on the most?

More variety in messages
21%
Quest/relationship system
27%
Increased types of characters (as of writing this only students and teachers)
10%
Other types of transformations
12%
More bodytypes
12%
Improve launcher (dorms editor, add blacklist to editor etc)
14%
Score system to keep track of what you're accomplished
5%

Total votes : 1333

Re: Magic School version 0.3.6 GUI added!

Postby genericusername » Sun Oct 03, 2021 6:30 am

mike69 wrote:Hopefully we can get another update on the creator this was a great game ^.~

Still working on the game on and off. I ended up redoing the entirety of Magic School because some of the decisions I made when making the game were causing some pretty annoying issues. Still missing some features, but will post it here when I'm happy with it.
genericusername
Somewhat familiar

Postby Maexam2 » Sun Oct 03, 2021 6:59 am

genericusername wrote:
mike69 wrote:Hopefully we can get another update on the creator this was a great game ^.~

Still working on the game on and off. I ended up redoing the entirety of Magic School because some of the decisions I made when making the game were causing some pretty annoying issues. Still missing some features, but will post it here when I'm happy with it.

That's great to hear, er... I mean, read. Anyway, don't worry and take your time.
Maexam2
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby geoleo11 » Mon Oct 04, 2021 4:05 pm

for some reason the game refuses to work now..
geoleo11
Been posting for a bit

Postby geoleo11 » Mon Oct 04, 2021 4:27 pm

and by not working I mean none of the dorms or characters show up on the select screen.
geoleo11
Been posting for a bit

Postby Trubot527 » Mon Oct 04, 2021 4:36 pm

geoleo11 wrote:and by not working I mean none of the dorms or characters show up on the select screen.

That happens when one of the created characters or dorms have an error in their creation, from what I know missing names causes that. You'll have to go through every character you made and see if a name is missing, first and last.
Trubot527
Participator

Postby Susuko » Mon Oct 04, 2021 4:40 pm

Is this game only for disscord?
Susuko
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby genericusername » Mon Oct 04, 2021 4:49 pm

geoleo11 wrote:and by not working I mean none of the dorms or characters show up on the select screen.

There should be an error in the commandline saying there was an error reading one of your characters. If you can't figure it out, feel free to post the characters file and I'll take a look at it.

Susuko wrote:Is this game only for disscord?

The latest version is still posted in the original post for this thread. I posted a test version of the remade game in the discord, but it was mostly just for testing the UI. That version is missing a ton of features, and you'd have more fun just playing the original magic school. The remake will be posted here when I feel it has enough content to be worth playing.
genericusername
Somewhat familiar

Postby Susuko » Mon Oct 04, 2021 6:50 pm

I'm asking because when I clicked on the link it would send me to discord.
Susuko
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby genericusername » Mon Oct 04, 2021 8:02 pm

Susuko wrote:I'm asking because when I clicked on the link it would send me to discord.

There's two links, you're clicking the discord invite. Just click the one immediately above that that says "MagicSchool0.3.6.0.1.rar" to download the game.
genericusername
Somewhat familiar

Postby Susuko » Mon Oct 04, 2021 8:20 pm

Are you sure it's a game since I download it but it's all just files and folders and no way that I can play it.
Susuko
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby genericusername » Mon Oct 04, 2021 8:30 pm

Susuko wrote:Are you sure it's a game since I download it but it's all just files and folders and no way that I can play it.

You can run either the .bat or the .jar to play the game. The only difference between the two is the .bat will have a commandline that will give out error messages.
genericusername
Somewhat familiar

Postby Susuko » Mon Oct 04, 2021 9:44 pm

That is the problem,when I clicked the MagicSchool.jar it gave me folders with no means to play it and with .bat just some file.
Susuko
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Nikkidafox » Mon Oct 04, 2021 10:47 pm

Call me an idiot, but I can't seem to get it to run properly. I click on the batch file and it brings me to a screen that says "select dorm" "select character". Both are blank. I click on the character editor and can do anything, save changes, add character, whatever and I just have to close the window. Then I open it up and we're back to square one.
Nikkidafox
Participator

Postby Xexy » Tue Oct 05, 2021 2:14 am

somedude601 wrote:Call me an idiot, but I can't seem to get it to run properly. I click on the batch file and it brings me to a screen that says "select dorm" "select character". Both are blank. I click on the character editor and can do anything, save changes, add character, whatever and I just have to close the window. Then I open it up and we're back to square one.

If you run it from the bat, the CMD.exe window should stay open, it sounds like you have a problem inside of one of your character/dorm files which makes all of them blank, the cmd windows says what is causing the error vaguely, you probably made a custom character but accidentally added a blank space in one of its characteristics.

Susuko wrote:That is the problem,when I clicked the MagicSchool.jar it gave me folders with no means to play it and with .bat just some file.

Run the .bat file, unless you don't have java installed in anyway which is very unlikely but java might not be associated with the .jar file type for some reason so it would be easier to just use the .bat if you haven't tried running that.
Last edited by Xexy on Wed Oct 06, 2021 2:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Xexy
Been posting for a bit

Postby geoleo11 » Tue Oct 05, 2021 4:47 am

Trubot527 wrote:

That happens when one of the created characters or dorms have an error in their creation, from what I know missing names causes that. You'll have to go through every character you made and see if a name is missing, first and last.

I've already tried to see if this was the problem, and even downloaded the game fresh without any characters to see if that was the issue, and the fresh download still has the same issue.
geoleo11
Been posting for a bit

Postby genericusername » Tue Oct 05, 2021 5:35 am

geoleo11 wrote:
Trubot527 wrote:

I've already tried to see if this was the problem, and even downloaded the game fresh without any characters to see if that was the issue, and the fresh download still has the same issue.

Huh. That's weird, haven't seen anyone having that issue with a fresh install. When you run the .bat does the commandline say anything? If nothing is being displayed there should be some error message being shown there.
genericusername
Somewhat familiar

Postby Susuko » Tue Oct 05, 2021 7:22 am

I tried running the bat file but nothing happends, by the way when I clicked on the link I got access denied.
Susuko
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Brutaller » Tue Oct 05, 2021 1:35 pm

Yes, both jar and bat versions need you to have installed JAVA.
https://www.java.com/download/ie_manual.jsp
Might be a good idea to put it in the first post to avoid confusion :)

I'm gonna go try the game now! :gulp:

Edit: really fun game! too bad you have to restart the game every 5 minutes because of exceptions. I'm looking forward to the new release! :)
Brutaller
Participator

Postby geoleo11 » Tue Oct 05, 2021 4:28 pm

genericusername wrote:
geoleo11 wrote:
Trubot527 wrote:That happens when one of the created characters or dorms have an error in their creation, from what I know missing names causes that. You'll have to go through every character you made and see if a name is missing, first and last.

Huh. That's weird, haven't seen anyone having that issue with a fresh install. When you run the .bat does the commandline say anything? If nothing is being displayed there should be some error message being shown there.

Just found the solution to my problem. I did a fresh reinstall of Java which apparently had an update, and it was likely the fact that the old version was no longer in use, and also possibly my anti virus that caused the issue, as right after I reinstalled this game with the updated Java, my antivirus popped up a notification about blocking the game as well.
geoleo11
Been posting for a bit

Postby Nikkidafox » Tue Oct 05, 2021 6:21 pm

Ok so...this is what comes up in the command line.
C:\Program Files\Magic School>java -jar "MagicSchool.jar"
Exception in thread "main" java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Program Files\Magic School\characterserror.txt (Access is denied)
I have no idea how to grant it access since when I try to run it in adminstrator mode, it literally does not even open.
Nikkidafox
Participator

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game