Magic School version 0.3.6 GUI added!

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

What do you want worked on the most?

More variety in messages
21%
Quest/relationship system
27%
Increased types of characters (as of writing this only students and teachers)
10%
Other types of transformations
12%
More bodytypes
12%
Improve launcher (dorms editor, add blacklist to editor etc)
14%
Score system to keep track of what you're accomplished
5%

Total votes : 1333

Re: Magic School version 0.3.2 GUI added!

Postby Ragnow » Tue Dec 29, 2020 3:32 pm

If there's one suggestion I'd made, it's to make it possible to make certain characters unshrinkable.
As it is I can get caught by a character but never really stay with them to escape because they get shrunken no matter how much I set the magic resist up in the editor.
Ragnow
Somewhat familiar

Postby genericusername » Tue Dec 29, 2020 4:13 pm

Ragnow wrote:If there's one suggestion I'd made, it's to make it possible to make certain characters unshrinkable.
As it is I can get caught by a character but never really stay with them to escape because they get shrunken no matter how much I set the magic resist up in the editor.

For some reason I thought it would be a good idea to make it so that if you're alone in a room with a teacher, they could get a guaranteed shrink against a character. Removed that because it's dumb, which should help with the issue. Will still add an unshrinkable trait. Normal tails are also working in the editor when the tail color is left blank. Should be released tonight when I finish testing one of the new quests. All of the old quests were... pretty boring so I scrapped them all. I want them to be more open ended and interactive and hopefully the one being released tonight will do that.
genericusername
Somewhat familiar

Postby DollyFailFail » Tue Dec 29, 2020 5:52 pm

If you don't intend to add an 'add trait as string' feature to the Gui, then I'd at least appreciate if you would clean up the character files so I actually can edit them without snapping my eyes and brain into uneven pieces. Even just separating the individual characters sections would be a godsend.
Heyyyy! I don't think we've met before. I'm just your average Punk Girl ehehehe!!
DollyFailFail
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby genericusername » Tue Dec 29, 2020 6:04 pm

DollyFailFail wrote:If you don't intend to add an 'add trait as string' feature to the Gui, then I'd at least appreciate if you would clean up the character files so I actually can edit them without snapping my eyes and brain into uneven pieces. Even just separating the individual characters sections would be a godsend.

I'll see about adding the trait as string feature, but it shouldn't matter where you add the traits. The character reader doesn't go "first line is the first name, second line is the last name", it just uses the identifier before the first comma to know how to treat the line, so adding a trait right after newCharacter or right before makeCharacter would do the exact same thing (unless it's one of the clothing modifying traits which should come before adding clothes). Or were you talking about something else about separating the character sections?
genericusername
Somewhat familiar

Postby DollyFailFail » Tue Dec 29, 2020 6:30 pm

genericusername wrote:I'll see about adding the trait as string feature, but it shouldn't matter where you add the traits. The character reader doesn't go "first line is the first name, second line is the last name", it just uses the identifier before the first comma to know how to treat the line, so adding a trait right after newCharacter or right before makeCharacter would do the exact same thing (unless it's one of the clothing modifying traits which should come before adding clothes). Or were you talking about something else about separating the character sections?

I was just meaning separating one character from another in the file. Even with only two characters it's very hard to tell where one ends and another begins.
Heyyyy! I don't think we've met before. I'm just your average Punk Girl ehehehe!!
DollyFailFail
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby genericusername » Tue Dec 29, 2020 7:00 pm

DollyFailFail wrote:
genericusername wrote:I'll see about adding the trait as string feature, but it shouldn't matter where you add the traits. The character reader doesn't go "first line is the first name, second line is the last name", it just uses the identifier before the first comma to know how to treat the line, so adding a trait right after newCharacter or right before makeCharacter would do the exact same thing (unless it's one of the clothing modifying traits which should come before adding clothes). Or were you talking about something else about separating the character sections?

I was just meaning separating one character from another in the file. Even with only two characters it's very hard to tell where one ends and another begins.

Is there anything you'd want to help separate characters besides the linebreak?
genericusername
Somewhat familiar

Postby DollyFailFail » Tue Dec 29, 2020 7:05 pm

genericusername wrote:Is there anything you'd want to help separate characters besides the linebreak?

Ideally I'd want at least one line of either empty space or a distinct symbol(as in a whole line of that symbol, something like _ or - would be best) between the end of one Character and the beginning of the next. So like

[end of character 1 here]

[beginning of character 2 here]
DollyFailFail
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby genericusername » Tue Dec 29, 2020 7:26 pm

DollyFailFail wrote:Ideally I'd want at least one line of either empty space or a distinct symbol(as in a whole line of that symbol, something like _ or - would be best) between the end of one Character and the beginning of the next. So like

[end of character 1 here]

[beginning of character 2 here]

Isn't that already the case? This is what it looks like when I make a new character file and make some characters:

Is whatever your program you're using to edit the .txt files ignoring a blank new line for some reason?
genericusername
Somewhat familiar

Postby DollyFailFail » Tue Dec 29, 2020 7:47 pm

I use notepad just like you, and mine looks like this:
Attachments
Screenshot (919).png
DollyFailFail
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby genericusername » Tue Dec 29, 2020 7:58 pm

DollyFailFail wrote:I use notepad just like you, and mine looks like this:

That's... super weird? There's line breaks in your file, otherwise it wouldn't be able to be read at all. You might want to try opening it with another editor, like notepad++? Copying the entire thing into another file like a word document may also fix it because the linebreaks are absolutely still there as it's readable, just not displaying. No idea why it would be doing that on your end and not mine.

EDIT: Apparently notepad started supported using '\n' (which is what I'm using) for newline characters starting May 2018. It looks like your version is from before then, and it doesn't recognize \n for new lines.
genericusername
Somewhat familiar

Re: Magic School version 0.3.3 GUI added!

Postby genericusername » Tue Dec 29, 2020 10:04 pm

Quests have been readded, although there is only a single one right now. All previous quests scrapped as they were pretty lackluster
This quest can be done by talking to a girl who has a friend shrunken inside her stomach.
Characters that can give you quests now have a (!) in front of their name
Teachers no longer ignore resistance when shrinking
It will now take about twice as long for a character to move from stomach->intestines->anus.
Non-fluffy tails can now be added in character editor. Just leave the tail hair color field empty.

It might be a bit difficult to find someone who has the quest right now as there is only a single one. Hopefully when there's more quests this will be a bit better.
genericusername
Somewhat familiar

Postby JuneSacred » Tue Dec 29, 2020 11:53 pm

genericusername wrote:
DollyFailFail wrote:I use notepad just like you, and mine looks like this:

That's... super weird? There's line breaks in your file, otherwise it wouldn't be able to be read at all. You might want to try opening it with another editor, like notepad++? Copying the entire thing into another file like a word document may also fix it because the linebreaks are absolutely still there as it's readable, just not displaying. No idea why it would be doing that on your end and not mine.

EDIT: Apparently notepad started supported using '\n' (which is what I'm using) for newline characters starting May 2018. It looks like your version is from before then, and it doesn't recognize \n for new lines.

There is ingame editor of characters. If you use it, file (characters.txt) broke formating
JuneSacred
New to the forum

Postby tim487 » Wed Dec 30, 2020 5:00 am

Bugs:
1. when I transformed into a cloth, I still can take action (move to other place, shrink someone, etc)
2. when I worn by someone, it is weird to see no one, no cloth lying on floor
3. when I worn by someone, I cancel the pop up dialog, and move to other location, will clone myself
4. when I was inside someone, I cancel the pop up dialog, and talk to my owner, will clone myself
tim487
New to the forum

Postby Ragnow » Wed Dec 30, 2020 6:07 pm

genericusername wrote:
Ragnow wrote:If there's one suggestion I'd made, it's to make it possible to make certain characters unshrinkable.

For some reason I thought it would be a good idea to make it so that if you're alone in a room with a teacher, they could get a guaranteed shrink against a character. Removed that because it's dumb, which should help with the issue. Will still add an unshrinkable trait. Normal tails are also working in the editor when the tail color is left blank. Should be released tonight when I finish testing one of the new quests. All of the old quests were... pretty boring so I scrapped them all. I want them to be more open ended and interactive and hopefully the one being released tonight will do that.

Thanks, that should do the trick considering it was always a teacher shrinking my captor.
Ragnow
Somewhat familiar

Postby DollyFailFail » Thu Dec 31, 2020 11:06 am

So here's a rather simple spell I thought of that I think would be nice to have all the same:

Modify Clothing- Modifies the target article of clothing. Can be used on Clothing TF'd characters.
DollyFailFail
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby genericusername » Fri Jan 01, 2021 3:59 pm

Hope everyone had a good new years, and thank goodness 2020 is finally over. Will be working on a few quests that are similar to the one added in the previous update, and will hopefully be out tonight.

tim487 wrote:Bugs:
1. when I transformed into a cloth, I still can take action (move to other place, shrink someone, etc)
2. when I worn by someone, it is weird to see no one, no cloth lying on floor
3. when I worn by someone, I cancel the pop up dialog, and move to other location, will clone myself
4. when I was inside someone, I cancel the pop up dialog, and talk to my owner, will clone myself

1/3/4) Not sure what happened here, unless you closed the canceled the dialog option like in 3. or 4. The dialog pop ups are pretty glitchy in general and I'm not planning on keeping them around forever. They're not meant to be closed, and the plan is to replace them with buttons.
2) Found the issue. The players location wasn't being updated to follow whoever was wearing them. Will be fixed next update.

DollyFailFail wrote:So here's a rather simple spell I thought of that I think would be nice to have all the same:

Modify Clothing- Modifies the target article of clothing. Can be used on Clothing TF'd characters.

Super easy to implement. Will have it in next update.
genericusername
Somewhat familiar

Postby Leahperson » Fri Jan 01, 2021 4:01 pm

I like the direction you're heading in with the new quest.

It could use a bit more dialogue though, for example: Unique dialogue for when she swallows you to indicate that she's tying you to the string. Having unique messages for when you're in someone's stomach during a quest would be good too.

Also, it might be a good idea to make it that the quest giver is not targetable during a quest, so your quest can't just be randomly interrupted.
Leahperson
Been posting for a bit

Postby tigersebel » Fri Jan 01, 2021 6:55 pm

i think that you can't release or masturbate with a girl that you have same sized right now. i don't know if this is intentional or a bug though. but i decided to mention it anyway just in case
tigersebel
Somewhat familiar

Postby genericusername » Fri Jan 01, 2021 7:40 pm

tigersebel wrote:i think that you can't release or masturbate with a girl that you have same sized right now. i don't know if this is intentional or a bug though. but i decided to mention it anyway just in case

Not so much intention so much as not done yet. I'm pretty bad at writing samesize messages so I've been putting it off. I'll include add a quick temporary message for releasing samesized girls so they're not just stuck inside of you forever.

Leahperson wrote:I like the direction you're heading in with the new quest.

It could use a bit more dialogue though, for example: Unique dialogue for when she swallows you to indicate that she's tying you to the string. Having unique messages for when you're in someone's stomach during a quest would be good too.

Also, it might be a good idea to make it that the quest giver is not targetable during a quest, so your quest can't just be randomly interrupted.

I wrote custom text for the interaction and then forgot to have it print out. Should be working next update. Will see about making quest giver untargetable.
genericusername
Somewhat familiar

Postby Leahperson » Fri Jan 01, 2021 11:38 pm

Here's some more quest ideas btw.

-The questgiver sends you to retrieve another shrunken girl from the girl who shrank her. Maybe she gives you a teleport beacon or something so she can teleport you back to her when you find her. This would also make it so the girl who has the shrunken girl is guaranteed (or at least has increased weight) to put you in the same place as that girl.

-She accidentally shrank someone too small and now they're lost someone on/in her. So she shrinks you down and puts you there to find them. Could pretty much work the same as the stomach quest

-The questgiver is horny, and wants to put you somewhere and expects you to pleasure them. If you don't pleasure them enough, they keep you there.

-She heard rumors that somehow, a certain tiny magical object has been lost inside a certain girl. You need to go inside that girl to retrieve it (make it so you always find the object in the location where she places you) and then get out.

-She lost an object in certain room, and the object too small to be seen with the naked eye, so you need to search rooms while tiny. Of course, you might get spotted by another girl while looking for it.

-She has a report to do on anatomy and needs to explore a certain location for research. you shrink her and put here at that location, where she stays for a certain amount of time. After that you're prompted to either let her out, completing the quest, or keep her in there. A possible variation is that you need to give the girl to someone else. And then after a certain amount of time you have to retrieve her "by any means necessary" (such as shrinking the person you handed her to)
Leahperson
Been posting for a bit

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game