Magic School version 0.3.6 GUI added!

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

What do you want worked on the most?

More variety in messages
21%
Quest/relationship system
27%
Increased types of characters (as of writing this only students and teachers)
10%
Other types of transformations
12%
More bodytypes
12%
Improve launcher (dorms editor, add blacklist to editor etc)
14%
Score system to keep track of what you're accomplished
5%

Total votes : 1333

Re: Magic School, new text game Version 0.1.1 download attac

Postby zim6565 » Tue Nov 24, 2020 4:30 pm

genericusername wrote:
zim6565 wrote:It keeps crashing when I try to interact with anyone

Was it when talking to them and selecting "Give her one of your shrunken girls." when you don't have any shrunken girls or a different interaction? I noticed that one and fixed it but haven't updated the file yet.

Yes but also with try to shrink someone
zim6565
Been posting for a bit

Postby genericusername » Tue Nov 24, 2020 4:33 pm

zim6565 wrote:
genericusername wrote:
zim6565 wrote:It keeps crashing when I try to interact with anyone

Was it when talking to them and selecting "Give her one of your shrunken girls." when you don't have any shrunken girls or a different interaction? I noticed that one and fixed it but haven't updated the file yet.

Yes but also with try to shrink someone

Ah, think I realize what the problem is. Every input in the game is being interpreted as a number so putting anything besides a number will crash the game, will work on a fix for that soon.

Edit: That problem is fixed and the download has been updated. If no one else has been experiencing any errors I'm going to start working on a few other races. I'm hopeful to have alrunes(plant girls), mermaids, naga and slimegirls done today. I suppose cow girls are basically done since the four stomachs I made for centaurs should really be their only difference.
Last edited by genericusername on Tue Nov 24, 2020 5:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
genericusername
Somewhat familiar

Postby zim6565 » Tue Nov 24, 2020 4:39 pm

Cool thanks
zim6565
Been posting for a bit

Re: Magic School, new text game Version 0.1.2 download attac

Postby Cinquint » Tue Nov 24, 2020 5:35 pm

Open-ended, but detailed. I like it! Keep up the good work.

The only error I've noticed so far is that the #5 option for talking to a girl says "Ask her she can shrink you." instead of "Ask her if she can shrink you."

EDIT: Morgana Mihira found some purple shoes on the floor, and put them on.

Best game. You can't find this kind of experience anywhere else.
One of these days, that fish is gonna get what's comin' to 'im.
Cinquint
???

Postby dudeinthedark » Tue Nov 24, 2020 6:00 pm

If I try to shrink people in the dorms it fails in a lot of cases with Null Pointer Exceptions:
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.company.Setup.tryShrink(Setup.java:717)
at com.company.Main.main(Main.java:197)
Same thing happens if I ask them to shrink me.

Edit: I think everything related to Shrinking is giving me Null Pointer Exception's.
dudeinthedark
New to the forum

Postby Kuru » Tue Nov 24, 2020 6:05 pm

dudeinthedark wrote:If I try to shrink people in the dorms it fails in a lot of cases with Null Pointer Exceptions:

Edit: I think everything related to Shrinking is giving me Null Pointer Exception's.

I'm also getting the same issues.
(✿ ♥‿♥)
Kuru
Been posting for a bit

Postby genericusername » Tue Nov 24, 2020 6:12 pm

Cinquint wrote:Open-ended, but detailed. I like it! Keep up the good work.

The only error I've noticed so far is that the #5 option for talking to a girl says "Ask her she can shrink you." instead of "Ask her if she can shrink you."

EDIT: Morgana Mihira found some purple shoes on the floor, and put them on.

Best game. You can't find this kind of experience anywhere else.

Fixed the spelling mistake, and putting on random clothes on the ground is going to be a bit more relevant later. If a character gets shrunken and they have shrunken characters in their clothes they will eventually just stay in the clothes on the ground rather than getting unshrunken. Plus some quests are planned for them, example being a girl asks you to get her crush's panties and give them to her. Thinking about adding a lost and found to put all the clothes.. if someone gets particularly ravenous there's usually a few lines of text just dedicated to the discarded clothes lying around.

dudeinthedark wrote:If I try to shrink people in the dorms it fails in a lot of cases with Null Pointer Exceptions:

Thanks for giving the error, made is super easy to figure out what's wrong. When using the premade character it looks like relations aren't being made correctly. Will post a fix in a few minutes.

Edit: All fixed, new version on main page. The premade player character should be working again.
genericusername
Somewhat familiar

Re: Magic School, new text game Version 0.1.3 download attac

Postby neko1992 » Tue Nov 24, 2020 8:38 pm

don't care much for armpit hair description or gaping anus, was kinda excited at first because even though we cant customize our characters yet i thought some of the league girls would be selectable sadly they are not so i think ill wait till further development of the character creation system also hope selecting number of tails will be a possible option in future
neko1992
Been posting for a bit

Postby iepie122 » Tue Nov 24, 2020 8:41 pm

there's also a bug where the game closes on itself if you try to ask someone to follow you out of their dorm after you asked a teacher if you can help them by bringing them somewhere
iepie122
Somewhat familiar

Postby genericusername » Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:36 pm

neko1992 wrote:don't care much for armpit hair description or gaping anus, was kinda excited at first because even though we cant customize our characters yet i thought some of the league girls would be selectable sadly they are not so i think ill wait till further development of the character creation system also hope selecting number of tails will be a possible option in future

Sorry about the lack of blacklisting certain content, trying to get all the basic features squared away so it's an actual "game" before I do that. As for playing as a league character you can do that now. You can open the .jar with winrar or similar program and go through the com\company\dorms folders to access the .txt files the game is using to generate the premade characters. You can go and delete the char info in playerExample and paste the text for any of the league girls in the leaguedorm folder in that file. This goes for editing the premade character in general, you can change whatever about her, like make her futa by adding "shrunkLocationsFuta" after "shrunkLocationsHuman" for example. playerExample doesn't need to start with newCharacter like the dorms files do, but just make sure it ends with makeCharacter and you'll be fine. I'll be adding an an easier way to edit these files in game as well as their documentation for editing later.

iepie122 wrote:there's also a bug where the game closes on itself if you try to ask someone to follow you out of their dorm after you asked a teacher if you can help them by bringing them somewhere

I'll look into this quickly and see if I can figure out what's causing the issue, and after that I'll push an update that adds slimegirls to the game. Not entirely happy with them so will most likely be editing them a bit in the coming days. Still unsure if they should be wearing clothes or not but the amount of unique interactions they would have would be too small without them.
genericusername
Somewhat familiar

Re: Magic School, new text game Version 0.1.4 download attac

Postby genericusername » Tue Nov 24, 2020 10:22 pm

iepie122 wrote:there's also a bug where the game closes on itself if you try to ask someone to follow you out of their dorm after you asked a teacher if you can help them by bringing them somewhere

Couldn't get this bug to happen but I'll keep trying. In the mean time pushed version 0.1.4 with slimegirls, asking people who like you if you can shrink them now works, and the ability to unshrink a girl you can reach (can't really get her out of you if she's stuck in your intestines). Might just add the ability to teleport them out instead if they're unreachable. Will be working on lamias next. Also I noticed I was accidently naming the rars "1.1.x" rather than "0.1.x". so changed that for this one.

Edit: Bug has since been fixed, had to do with following breaking if an hour passed.
Last edited by genericusername on Wed Nov 25, 2020 2:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
genericusername
Somewhat familiar

Postby Cyne » Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:07 pm

hnm, quick question- do you have any other plans for the struggling synstem when your grabbed? I noticed that you could willingly offer to be shrunk, so would there be other options that arent' struggling- like massaging, resting, sleeping, and so on?
Cyne
New to the forum

Postby genericusername » Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:26 pm

Cyne wrote:hnm, quick question- do you have any other plans for the struggling synstem when your grabbed? I noticed that you could willingly offer to be shrunk, so would there be other options that arent' struggling- like massaging, resting, sleeping, and so on?

Yup, more options are planned while you are shrunk. I'm just trying to finish the basics for a wide variety of systems before I start fully fleshing them out. Don't have an estimate for when that will be added since it would be one of the more time consuming as each of the locations would need unique messages.
genericusername
Somewhat familiar

Postby BepisBepis » Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:28 am

I'm certainly interested. Any chance of same size vore features being implemented?
BepisBepis
Been posting for a bit

Postby BUMBLING » Wed Nov 25, 2020 1:45 am

Yeah I'm not that well informed on how to open RAR files and run them. Does anyone know an app or program that can make it into a ZIP and run it on something? This game sounds good and I'd like to play it. Btw I tried universal extractor but it just gave me an error message when I would try and run it. I then moved on to try 7-Zip but it just turned it into a MF file and I have no idea how to run that soooo I'm stuck.

(Edit) Is there an app that you are supposed to use to run the game?
Last edited by BUMBLING on Wed Nov 25, 2020 1:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
BUMBLING
Been posting for a bit

Re: Magic School, new text game Version 0.1.5 download attac

Postby genericusername » Wed Nov 25, 2020 1:52 am

BepisBepis wrote:I'm certainly interested. Any chance of same size vore features being implemented?

I plan for a few body types such as lamias to be capable of same size, and might add a spell for it as well eventually when I get to adding more spells besides just the shrink one.
BUMBLING wrote:Yeah I'm not that well informed on how to open RAR files and run them. Does anyone know an app or program that can make it into a ZIP and run it on something? This game sounds good and I'd like to play it. Btw I tried universal extractor but it just gave me an error message when I would try and run it. I then moved on to try 7-Zip but it just turned it into a MF file and I have no idea how to run that soooo I'm stuck.

(Edit) Is there an app that you are supposed to use to run the game?

The game can be run just by moving the contents of the downloaded .rar file to another folder and then running runjava.bat if you have java downloaded.
Winrar works for it, but attached a .zip to this message too. Also just released the final update for tonight which includes a fix for the bug with the following system that was mentioned earlier, and you can see your chance to shrink each character on the menu for it now. 8 new traits characters can have too.
Sneaky: Less likely for others to notice when she shrinks a girl.
1/4 chance to be seen by each girl rather than default 1/2 if she shrinks someone
Loud: If this girl shrinks someone everyone in the room will know about it.
Will always be seen by every girl if she shrinks someone
Natural Prey: Will go willingly if someone wants to shrink her. Gains relation rather than losing it if you shrink her.
Will not resist when someone tries to shrink her, she gains +5 relation rather than -5 when she's shrunk
Observer: Gains relations if she sees someone shrink someone else
+1 relation with someone if she sees them shrink someone
Stalker: Likely to follow the girl they have a crush on around the school and more likely to shrink her.
If this girls' randomly select crush is in the same room as her, she will follow her crush from room to room and be 3x as likely to try and shrink her
Jealous: More likely to target girls with larger breasts/butt than her.
2x as likely to target girls if larger butt, and 2x is larger breasts, 3x if both
Futanari Fetish: More likely to target futanaris.
3x as likely to target someone if they're a futa
Hero Complex: More likely to target those who have shrunken a lot of girls.
2x as likely to target if they have 1 shrunken girl, 3x for 2 etc

Characters are starting to act a bit different than each other which is nice. Will add traits relating to changing which rooms characters can be found in tomorrow and should help with that even more.
Last edited by genericusername on Wed Nov 25, 2020 2:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
genericusername
Somewhat familiar

Postby BUMBLING » Wed Nov 25, 2020 2:33 am

I might just be hella dumb but I did run it through winrar and it did extract successfully but I still can't find out how to run it. Two text documents, a winrar archive, and a windows batch file pops up. When I click on the Winrar archive it just brings me through the winrar app to view the same MF file and company file. When I click on the runjava file a black screen pops up for a split second and then disappears. I'm assuming the run java has something to do with running the game but I don't know.
BUMBLING
Been posting for a bit

Postby genericusername » Wed Nov 25, 2020 2:40 am

BUMBLING wrote:I might just be hella dumb but I did run it through winrar and it did extract successfully but I still can't find out how to run it. Two text documents, a winrar archive, and a windows batch file pops up. When I click on the Winrar archive it just brings me through the winrar app to view the same MF file and company file. When I click on the runjava file a black screen pops up for a split second and then disappears. I'm assuming the run java has something to do with running the game but I don't know.

You just need to move those four files out of the zip/rar and into a normal folder. This can be done a number of ways but the easiest is just right clicking it and choosing winrar's "extract option to move the files to whatever folder it's in. Then double click the .bat file.
genericusername
Somewhat familiar

Postby BUMBLING » Wed Nov 25, 2020 3:06 am

I am pretty sure I did just that and it still did not work. I think the .bat file your referring to is the batch file that I get when I extract it but when I click on that like I said before a black Java screen pops up for a split second and then disappears. If you are not referring to that then the .bat run java is not showing up when I extract it. Just to make sure I will give a step by step of what I did. Downloaded the JAR file, Right clicked on the JAR file and opened with WinRAR, Highlighted the four files and hit extract to, extracted to a new folder, once done I received the four folders like I stated before. The runjava isn't coming up as a .bat file when I do that. btw thx for the help

(edit) I feel so dumb, I didn't have Java installed. In conclusion I'm an idiot. Thank you for trying to help me though I got it working. Best of luck with this game :D
BUMBLING
Been posting for a bit

Postby dudeinthedark » Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:00 am

One minor spelling correction: In a few places you have "Expeditionist: Likes to show off", but I think you meant to use "exhibitionist".
Expedition: An excursion, journey, or voyage
Exhibition: Publicly displaying something
dudeinthedark
New to the forum

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game