Devourment Dialogue v3.0 is Live!

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Devourment Dialogue v3.0 is Live!

Postby AngelofHell64 » Sat Aug 07, 2021 12:25 am

Chiaroscuro wrote:
AngelofHell64 wrote:I can't seem to get any version of this mod to work with Refactor. The front page says it should have an MCM menu but I don't see anything like that nor do I see anything looking like new dialogue for anyone.

Are you installing it with a mod loader, such as Vortex or Mod Organizer? I'm realizing that attempting to install it manually will require additional steps that I forgot to mention (I was tired).

Yes I used Vortex to install the mod.
AngelofHell64
Participator

Postby MelonBoobies » Sun Aug 08, 2021 9:59 am

3 glitch/ things I've found err ...
1: Animals and spiders speak and damn you when they're in your stomach.
2: People that willingly wanted to be digested (Gherking's dialogue) currently still damn you and such even though they willingly got there
(Sidenote for 2): I know it is not compatible with Gherking's mod yet, what I am saying by this is maybe make it so if the are willing to be digested, give them a friendly or happy chat ..? Maybe something like a moan or them masturbating whilst being digested could be an idea too.
3:Due to how DR works, once you digest someone, the hp bars appear to the left and, since they don't turn lethal technically, they do not get digested (of course this could be added as an "accidental digestion") but right now, it gets your prey stuck in the dialog as if they were being digested.

Hope this helps in some way !
MelonBoobies
Somewhat familiar

Postby Chiaroscuro » Sun Aug 08, 2021 2:39 pm

MelonBoobies wrote:3 glitch/ things I've found err ...
2: People that willingly wanted to be digested (Gherking's dialogue) currently still damn you and such even though they willingly got there
(Sidenote for 2): I know it is not compatible with Gherking's mod yet, what I am saying by this is maybe make it so if the are willing to be digested, give them a friendly or happy chat ..? Maybe something like a moan or them masturbating whilst being digested could be an idea too.
3:Due to how DR works, once you digest someone, the hp bars appear to the left and, since they don't turn lethal technically, they do not get digested (of course this could be added as an "accidental digestion") but right now, it gets your prey stuck in the dialog as if they were being digested.

1. So I've been meaning to fix this, but it's rather annoying. In Papyrus you can't check if an Actor is able to talk to the player (aka capable of speaking) you can only check if their race is able to talk to the player. This works fine for things like spiders when none of them would be able to talk to the player, but becomes a problem for things like Paarthurnax because his race says that he can't talk to the player, but very obviously he can. I think I just need to make a special faction and go through all the actors like that and designate them as being able to talk to the player.
2. So when I was making the script to catch when actors are swallowed from outside of the mod, there Gherking's mod wasn't around and there was no way in the vanilla mod to directly vore someone with it being willing. But now I can easily add a check to make sure everything is up to parity. Unfortunately, I'm not sure if I'll fully be able to test it myself because I do not have Gherking's mod installed.
3. I'm kind of confused as to what you're describing here.
Chiaroscuro
Participator

Postby MelonBoobies » Sun Aug 08, 2021 3:09 pm

Chiaroscuro wrote:
MelonBoobies wrote:3 glitch/ things I've found err ...

1. So I've been meaning to fix this, but it's rather annoying. In Papyrus you can't check if an Actor is able to talk to the player (aka capable of speaking) you can only check if their race is able to talk to the player. This works fine for things like spiders when none of them would be able to talk to the player, but becomes a problem for things like Paarthurnax because his race says that he can't talk to the player, but very obviously he can. I think I just need to make a special faction and go through all the actors like that and designate them as being able to talk to the player.
2. So when I was making the script to catch when actors are swallowed from outside of the mod, there Gherking's mod wasn't around and there was no way in the vanilla mod to directly vore someone with it being willing. But now I can easily add a check to make sure everything is up to parity. Unfortunately, I'm not sure if I'll fully be able to test it myself because I do not have Gherking's mod installed.
3. I'm kind of confused as to what you're describing here.

For the 3rd point, I was referring as to how, when you swallow multiple people, their hp bar does not appear on the right side of your screen but when you digest someone or are digesting a corpse, a bar appears on the right side with a struggle bar right next to it (if it's not an instant lethal or willing lethal). BUT, whenever someone IS digested, the hp bars of everything else in your stomach appears on the right side as if you were digesting them
MelonBoobies
Somewhat familiar

Postby Chiaroscuro » Sun Aug 08, 2021 6:27 pm

MelonBoobies wrote:For the 3rd point, I was referring as to how, when you swallow multiple people, their hp bar does not appear on the right side of your screen but when you digest someone or are digesting a corpse, a bar appears on the right side with a struggle bar right next to it (if it's not an instant lethal or willing lethal). BUT, whenever someone IS digested, the hp bars of everything else in your stomach appears on the right side as if you were digesting them

I don't think that has anything to do with my mod. My mod doesn't do anything with the health bars, and when I tested it out with my mod unloaded, it continued to have the same issue. I think this is a problem for Refactor itself.
Chiaroscuro
Participator

Postby AngelofHell64 » Sun Aug 08, 2021 10:45 pm

AngelofHell64 wrote:
Chiaroscuro wrote:
AngelofHell64 wrote:I can't seem to get any version of this mod to work with Refactor. The front page says it should have an MCM menu but I don't see anything like that nor do I see anything looking like new dialogue for anyone.

Are you installing it with a mod loader, such as Vortex or Mod Organizer? I'm realizing that attempting to install it manually will require additional steps that I forgot to mention (I was tired).

Yes I used Vortex to install the mod.

I checked the mod using the Creation kit and can honestly say that I haven't seen any of that dialogue in game so far even with the mod installed through Vortex. I have no idea if I could be doing anything wrong or if something is conflicting with it.
AngelofHell64
Participator

Postby Masxohn » Sun Aug 08, 2021 11:00 pm

Chiaroscuro wrote:1. So I've been meaning to fix this, but it's rather annoying. In Papyrus you can't check if an Actor is able to talk to the player (aka capable of speaking) you can only check if their race is able to talk to the player. This works fine for things like spiders when none of them would be able to talk to the player, but becomes a problem for things like Paarthurnax because his race says that he can't talk to the player, but very obviously he can. I think I just need to make a special faction and go through all the actors like that and designate them as being able to talk to the player.

Was curious myself as if that was the case and as to why. Found that while yes Parrthurnax's race doesn't have the flag AllowPCDialogue (so thus false), he has as script assigned to him that sets that to true (exact script name is defaultAllowPCDialogueScript). Don't know how you have your system setup but in theory a keyword check system similar to line 38 and 126 of DevourmentDialog.psc would work. Although the reason for those other "is missing keyword" checks is for a decently rare situational issue I reported a while back on Devourment Refactor, some mod (can't remember which exactly) had some npc that had both ActorTypeAnimal and ActorTypeNPC keywords, wasn't hostile, and you could talk to them.

Some Misc stuff I found out: Odahviing has the same script call. (without your mod) Spawned a regular dragon and swallowed it, tried dialogue, worked (I gave dragons the keyword VoreTalker via SPID), then tried the opposite via RetroVore, got results that could indicate quite a few different things being the cause of it working but not working.
Masxohn
Participator

Postby MelonBoobies » Mon Aug 09, 2021 8:24 am

Chiaroscuro wrote:
MelonBoobies wrote:For the 3rd point, I was referring as to how, when you swallow multiple people, their hp bar does not appear on the right side of your screen but when you digest someone or are digesting a corpse, a bar appears on the right side with a struggle bar right next to it (if it's not an instant lethal or willing lethal). BUT, whenever someone IS digested, the hp bars of everything else in your stomach appears on the right side as if you were digesting them

I don't think that has anything to do with my mod. My mod doesn't do anything with the health bars, and when I tested it out with my mod unloaded, it continued to have the same issue. I think this is a problem for Refactor itself.

I literally said it was a bug with DR itself, what I meant with saying this is the fact that when said hp bars appears, the prey inside you think you are digesting them and they start saying stuff like "You can't do this to me!" and such ... that was all I was trying to point out ...
MelonBoobies
Somewhat familiar

Postby MelonBoobies » Tue Aug 10, 2021 5:21 pm

Ok ... less of a bug but a funny thing that happened to me but whatever.

In Bleakfalls Barrow, I accidentally vored a draugr and spit it back out since i cant digest them yet but it cursed "You can't kill me!" or something like that as he exited, the vomit then made me slip and fall and the 2 other draugrs that were behind him deleted me from the game. After i respawned, the EXACT same thing happened with the exact same group of draugr and well ... you guessed it, it happened a 3rd and final time :lol: :lol: :lol:
MelonBoobies
Somewhat familiar

Postby Mooppoop » Thu Aug 12, 2021 8:13 pm

Any chance we could get a changelog for whenever you update anything?
Mooppoop
Been posting for a bit

Postby Chiaroscuro » Thu Aug 12, 2021 11:46 pm

Mooppoop wrote:Any chance we could get a changelog for whenever you update anything?

That would be a great idea. Unfortunately every time I go to post a new version, my mind just goes completely blank and I can't remember any of the changes I made. The obvious solution is to just write down the changes that I make as I make them, but for some reason I never remember to do that...

Also, FYI I started a new job this week, so I've been a bit busy which is why there's been a bit of a delay on the bug fixes and adding the missing dialogue.
Chiaroscuro
Participator

Postby Gherking » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:46 am

Chiaroscuro wrote:Also, FYI I started a new job this week, so I've been a bit busy which is why there's been a bit of a delay on the bug fixes and adding the missing dialogue.

Jobs... The enemy of all devourment dialogue mods XD
Find my Devourment Refactor addons here: https://www.loverslab.com/topic/188196- ... or-addons/
Gherking
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby bloodle8 » Fri Aug 13, 2021 6:43 pm

I'm having a really hard time getting this to work. I have Refactor installed and fully functional, but whenever I try to use Dialogue, things don't work right. Sometimes bellies don't show up. I can't ever get the game to swap from endo to digestion, or to get regurgitated through dialogue. Like, if I use Dialogue's tree to get swallowed by innkeeper and ask to be digested, the digestion never starts. If I talk again, they talk like they're digesting me, even though they aren't. I've reinstalled the mod a few times, and I've been careful to only use Dialogue's interaction key the entire time, rather than Refactor's. I've tried this with the scat toggle off and on, so that isn't the issue. I was sure to choose the Refactor option when installing, too. Don't really know what could be causing it.

When I use Refactor's dialogue tree, it is able to toggle digestion and regurgitate through dialogue. So it isn't a Refactor issue.
bloodle8
Participator

Postby Chiaroscuro » Fri Aug 13, 2021 9:18 pm

bloodle8 wrote:I'm having a really hard time getting this to work. I have Refactor installed and fully functional, but whenever I try to use Dialogue, things don't work right. Sometimes bellies don't show up. I can't ever get the game to swap from endo to digestion, or to get regurgitated through dialogue. Like, if I use Dialogue's tree to get swallowed by innkeeper and ask to be digested, the digestion never starts. If I talk again, they talk like they're digesting me, even though they aren't. I've reinstalled the mod a few times, and I've been careful to only use Dialogue's interaction key the entire time, rather than Refactor's. I've tried this with the scat toggle off and on, so that isn't the issue. I was sure to choose the Refactor option when installing, too. Don't really know what could be causing it.

When I use Refactor's dialogue tree, it is able to toggle digestion and regurgitate through dialogue. So it isn't a Refactor issue.

This was addressed earlier, but certain functions in Refactor had their parameters changed without me realizing it, so when my mod calls them they simply don’t work. That’s why the digestion and regurgitation aren’t working. This will be fixed in the next version.
Last edited by Chiaroscuro on Sat Aug 21, 2021 7:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chiaroscuro
Participator

Postby LittleSlimy » Sun Aug 15, 2021 4:47 am

I am surprised nobody suggested about Uthgerd the Unbroken

So I downloaded to try but I get no new line with Carmelia or Janessa, what did I do wrong?

Also why making us use H when the basic stuff is G? Can't you merge into the G lines?
LittleSlimy
Been posting for a bit

Postby Masxohn » Sun Aug 15, 2021 7:25 am

LittleSlimy wrote:I am surprised nobody suggested about Uthgerd the Unbroken

So I downloaded to try but I get no new line with Carmelia or Janessa, what did I do wrong?

Also why making us use H when the basic stuff is G? Can't you merge into the G lines?

From what I've seen, it's because it's a combination of compatibility and it being a semi-separate system. And to merge them into the G lines, my guess is that'd require edits to be made to the Devourment Refactor scripts, and since Devourment Refactor is still in development, it'd require a lot of extra work each time Devourment Refactor updates. Also see Chiaroscuro's previous post.
Masxohn
Participator

Postby LittleSlimy » Mon Aug 16, 2021 5:52 am

Masxohn wrote:
LittleSlimy wrote:I am surprised nobody suggested about Uthgerd the Unbroken

From what I've seen, it's because it's a combination of compatibility and it being a semi-separate system. And to merge them into the G lines, my guess is that'd require edits to be made to the Devourment Refactor scripts, and since Devourment Refactor is still in development, it'd require a lot of extra work each time Devourment Refactor updates. Also see Chiaroscuro's previous post.

Ok so I have no idea how this works, so I shall gonna say a dumb thing.

Can't they make it part of the Devourment Refactor Scripts, so they dev of this mod copy paste in it, with each new version of the mod?
So they work to make the mod more steady, and here we make more dialogue for willing preys stuff?
LittleSlimy
Been posting for a bit

Postby Masxohn » Mon Aug 16, 2021 7:09 am

LittleSlimy wrote:Ok so I have no idea how this works, so I shall gonna say a dumb thing.

Can't they make it part of the Devourment Refactor Scripts, so they dev of this mod copy paste in it, with each new version of the mod?
So they work to make the mod more steady, and here we make more dialogue for willing preys stuff?

Not really a dumb thing, just more of inexperienced (aka lack of knowledge leading to a dumb sounding question). Since Devourment Refactor is still in development, then the scripts for it will be changed at times to fix bugs or possibly make something more efficient which generally requires a complete change of the script. It'd also be a pain to figure out where exactly it'd have to be put in the scripts, plus Devourment Refactor has been designed with some forethought in mind with addons, it'd also cause anywhere from no problems to complete incompatibility with other mods. It'd also cause a lot more future work and each version would have to be paired with a specific version of devourment refactor that you might not be able to get anymore.
The general thing I've found and noticed is that the more standalone something is, the better because it minimizes/crosses out a lot of potential problems and makes tracking down the cause of other problems much easier.
I'm not very good at explaining stuff, hence it looks and probably is confusing at times.
Masxohn
Participator

Postby SillyLilBug » Thu Aug 19, 2021 4:56 pm

I know your plate is pretty full atm, but I was curious if you'd consider making enhanced burps and bellies compatible with Refactor at some point? There were a couple little details I miss that refactor either doesn't have or don't work as well. For example, a stomach gurgle sound effect used to play based on whether a predator accepted your offer to be their prey. If they were hungry it was a big growl and if not, it was a smaller one like they were full and processing the last of something else to accompany the dialog stating they were full. Or maybe there's a way to incorporate a sound effect in a similar way to Devourment Dialogue 3.0?
SillyLilBug
New to the forum

Postby Chiaroscuro » Sat Aug 21, 2021 7:09 am

LittleSlimy wrote:Ok so I have no idea how this works, so I shall gonna say a dumb thing.

So I 100% could do this. That isn't the issue that's at hand here. The way that dialogue works here is fundamentally different from the way that it works in Refactor, and is - in my opinion - a much better system. No shade to Mark, he's doing incredible work. Dialogue just isn't the priority for him, so he's mainly just using a somewhat improved but still very similar system as the very original Devourment. This does have the unfortunate issue that you cannot use the two dialogue sets simultaneously, but if I have my way, I'm hoping to just swallow up all the other dialogue and have it use my system. Not as in like I'm trying to conquer all the other mods and stuff, I just think I have a very cool system put together that can do a lot more stuff, and that I think people would appreciate using.

If your issue is specifically with using the H key (Idk, you might just have a vendetta against certain letters) you can change it to G in the MCM. Of course you'd also need to change the key in Refactor from G, otherwise crazy shit will happen.

SillyLilBug wrote:I know your plate is pretty full atm, but I was curious if you'd consider making enhanced burps and bellies compatible with Refactor at some point? There were a couple little details I miss that refactor either doesn't have or don't work as well. For example, a stomach gurgle sound effect used to play based on whether a predator accepted your offer to be their prey. If they were hungry it was a big growl and if not, it was a smaller one like they were full and processing the last of something else to accompany the dialog stating they were full. Or maybe there's a way to incorporate a sound effect in a similar way to Devourment Dialogue 3.0?

Oh, interesting. So actually that wasn't a feature of Burps and Bellies, it was a feature of the main dialogue mod that wasn't really intentional. Basically, whenever you'd ask someone something, it would run a script to decide whether the NPC woud say yes or no. But that script is part of a piece of dialogue, and normally you'd have to have the NPC say something to run it. But you can have a line play audio to conceal the dialogue and just run a script, so I literally just picked the "Gurgle" sound effect from DFAM and used it to conceal when I was running scripts. So actually, it wasn't an indicator of them being hungry or full, etc, it was completely random. I eventually discovered that there were silent audio files in the game that were there for the exact same thing, so I replaced the gurgles with that.

But, that's actually a very fun idea, and something that would be fairly easy to implement honestly. So I think I could probably do something closer to what you're actually saying (sounds indicating the NPC's hunger). I think the biggest thing would just be sourcing the audio files.
Chiaroscuro
Participator

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game