Devourment Dialogue v3.0 is Live!

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Devourment Dialogue - v3.0 Prototype for Refactor!

Postby LostCause » Fri May 07, 2021 6:57 am

Hey, how are things going? Hope everything is ok IRL with your medication and such.

Have you been working on your mod much recently? If there's anything you want testing I'd be happy to help.
LostCause
Participator

Postby Chiaroscuro » Sat May 08, 2021 4:54 pm

I haven’t really been doing active work on it recently. Even beyond just mental health and stuff, I’ve had a number of real life priorities that take precedent. However, I have as always been thinking about my plans for the mod, still.

So one of the issues that lead to my pause in work was that I wasn’t getting a bit upset about how some things were shaping out. The biggest problem is that in my use of Talking Activators, because for every problem they solve, they create another different problem. Instead of looking like a net positive, it seems more like a pick your poison kind of scenario. And after spending so much time working on all of it, that was... depressing. Taking a step back however, I think it shouldn’t be that much of an issue to make it a toggle, where you can choose the Talking Activators or just teleporting an invisible prey. Regardless, there are some things that can only be done with Talking Activators, so it’s not as though the work was wasted. When I get started again, I’ll probably make a poll on which direction I want to go with this, and whether to prioritize getting everything polished or increasing the rate at which new content can be created. I’m definitely a perfectionist, but I get the feeling that some people will settle for good enough if it doesn’t require a massive wait time.

The other thing is that I do think I might reframe this mod less as being an explicit dialogue mod, but more as a framework. I’ll still come out dialogue and quests and other content, as I want to, but the coding is more of my passion. So I’m thinking it might work better as a set of tools that other people, like Gherking can use to make more dialogue and content that I can on my own.
Chiaroscuro
Participator

Postby LostCause » Sun May 09, 2021 9:20 am

Personally I'm willing to accept the downsides of Talking Activators over the downsides with the current system. Some really irritating (and often 'immersion' breaking) things happen with teleporting the prey. Namely regenerating or even healing to full, interacting with things, opening doors and leaving the zone, aggroing things... etc etc. It's just an unfortunate reality of working with Skyrim that pretty much any choice will have downsides but in this case I think unless the user is really impatient Talking Activators work better. On the subject, another potential benefit of Talking Activators in my opinion is that (I assume?) digestion progress wouldn't just freeze/be negated by HP regen, dialogue being interrupted by prey death could fun if at all possible.

In my opinion making the Talking Activators a toggle would be too much hassle, it creates all sorts of issues. You'd need lots of extra scripting for one, then there's the fact that any time you add a feature you'd have to try to get it working for both systems or just accept that it'll only work with Talking Activators, you'd have to bugfix and cater to both versions... etc etc. It's a lot of extra work for not that much benefit imo. For a more simple feature it'd make sense to me but considering the Talking Activator function will be the core part of a lot of your features it's like working on two mods/frameworks at once.

As for the poll, would it not be possible to get a version 1 of sorts out before the rest of the work? That way you could get helpful feedback or suggestions sooner rather than later when you've done more work. Better to make sure the core of the mod works how you want it to before everything else. Not only that but the sooner you 'release' it the more interest you'll likely have and I imagine that would provide at least a bit of positive reinforcement/motivation.

Making it a framework does seem like a good idea, perhaps you should consider making whatever content you do decide to make part of a separate plugin/addon now rather than later down the line?
LostCause
Participator

Postby Chiaroscuro » Sun May 09, 2021 11:56 am

LostCause wrote:As for the poll, would it not be possible to get a version 1 of sorts out before the rest of the work? That way you could get helpful feedback or suggestions sooner rather than later when you've done more work. Better to make sure the core of the mod works how you want it to before everything else. Not only that but the sooner you 'release' it the more interest you'll likely have and I imagine that would provide at least a bit of positive reinforcement/motivation.

That would probably be wise. I’m an uncompromising perfectionist, and so I have a bad habit to spend a long time addressing issues before I even know if they’re actually going to be a problem. Paired with a desire to make something that fulfills everyone’s desires makes things a bit tough. Part of the reason for the poll is just seeing where people’s bar for that is at, so that I know where I can cut corners to make things a bit easier for myself.

The whole perfectionism is also in play because one of the other reasons I was a bit disheartened from the mod is that I was reworking how the sleeping in pred system works because while the original method for the previous versions of the mod worked perfectly fine, it used some rather bizarre methods to achieve it that kind of felt like I was exploiting unintended mechanics. So I made a new version of the system that while “cleaner” in my opinion, was - for reasons that I don’t fully understand - much less reliable. Which annoys me.

As you can see, since it’s the crux of both issues, I tend to favor “elegant” solutions, and when those don’t turn out to be quite so elegant, it really disheartens me.
Chiaroscuro
Participator

Postby LostCause » Sun May 09, 2021 2:00 pm

Unintended mechanics? Aren't most things in a mod unintended mechanics? I very much doubt bethesda intended for Skyrim to have a vore mod at any point lol. There's plenty of mods that use weird workarounds for things right? If they work without issues then I don't see the problem. An 'exploit' or workaround can often be more elegant than the straightforward way imo.

As for it being less reliable, did you try getting a second or third or fourth opinion? Maybe you made a small mistake or someone else has more experience with whatever function you're using. It wouldn't surprise me if the mechanics/functions you're using are just plain unreliable, Skyrim can be like that sometimes.

Fair enough on the poll. However, the sooner you get something out to get feedback on the more you can plan ahead with catering to everyone's desires (or at least the reasonable ones). You don't want to have to go back and rewrite fundamental things later after all if you don't have to. People won't know what to request until they see what's already there, and you won't know what people care about/want most. Collaborative effort (even if just in terms of feedback and suggestions) would be better than quietly working alone imo. It's not like you won't be able to continue to work on it afterwards if you still wanted to. Besides, from my experience people on the internet tend to lean more towards impatience than expecting perfection haha.
LostCause
Participator

Postby jimmersac » Thu May 13, 2021 3:44 am

I'm running into some bugs, firstly as soon as anything is swallowed its marked as dead, so I can't spit anyone back up.
jimmersac
Been posting for a bit

Postby Timo2141 » Fri May 14, 2021 9:39 am

i don't know its possible. If an NPC swollows my follower is it possible to trigger a randome converation with the follower and the pred ?
Like hearing the vore dialog form the distance ?
Timo2141
New to the forum

Postby LostCause » Fri May 14, 2021 9:48 am

jimmersac wrote:I'm running into some bugs, firstly as soon as anything is swallowed its marked as dead, so I can't spit anyone back up.

Pretty sure this would be a bug from the main mod and not invidia's dialogue mod, although I could be wrong.
LostCause
Participator

Postby Koarua » Wed May 19, 2021 4:53 pm

Okay so I hope I did not miss this somewhere in this thread... but when I install this mod (both the plain Dev 2.3 and the one for Refactor or each one on its own)... nothing happens.... '^^
I use Mod Organizer 2 and had no trouble installing Devourment Refactor, which so far seems to work perfectly fine... but when I installed these dialogue addons here... well nothing changed! I didn't get an MCM menu and from what I can tell nothing else in my game changed either, the dialogue seemingly being only the dialogue I added using Gherking's mods!

Am I missing something basica and simple here?
Koarua
Somewhat familiar

Postby SmoothAsButter23 » Wed May 19, 2021 6:52 pm

Koarua wrote:Okay so I hope I did not miss this somewhere in this thread... but when I install this mod (both the plain Dev 2.3 and the one for Refactor or each one on its own)... nothing happens.... '^^
I use Mod Organizer 2 and had no trouble installing Devourment Refactor, which so far seems to work perfectly fine... but when I installed these dialogue addons here... well nothing changed! I didn't get an MCM menu and from what I can tell nothing else in my game changed either, the dialogue seemingly being only the dialogue I added using Gherking's mods!

I was confused about this as well for a bit, from what I can tell this mod doesn't have a manager yet like the older versions but the dialogue is in the game, all you need to do is go up to an NPC and press "H" this will open a separate dialogue box with only this mods vore options. Make sure you use only 3.0 prototype if using refactor and make sure no action is already using the H key.
SmoothAsButter23
Somewhat familiar

Postby Koarua » Thu May 20, 2021 4:41 pm

SmoothAsButter23 wrote:
Koarua wrote:Okay so I hope I did not miss this somewhere in this thread... but when I install this mod (both the plain Dev 2.3 and the one for Refactor or each one on its own)... nothing happens.... '^^

I was confused about this as well for a bit, from what I can tell this mod doesn't have a manager yet like the older versions but the dialogue is in the game, all you need to do is go up to an NPC and press "H" this will open a separate dialogue box with only this mods vore options. Make sure you use only 3.0 prototype if using refactor and make sure no action is already using the H key.

OOoooh! Huh... okay I must have missed/misunderstood some stuff then! '^^ Thank you very much, I will get right to trying that out! :D

EDIT_1: Okay so it seems to be working at least on a basic level which allows me to ask to be eaten or to eat a person who has no one in their stomach already... However I ended up having trouble talking to one of my followers after installing this mod... she doesn't talk to me at all anymore (as in opening a dialogue window) and seemingly can't be swallowed anymore as though she was in tgm or something like that.... might be completely unrelated to this mod though! '^^
Koarua
Somewhat familiar

Postby SmoothAsButter23 » Sun Jun 06, 2021 5:33 pm

Hey Chiaroscuro I was wondering. when this mod is updated will the burps and bellies addon be updated alongside, the accidental digestion feature was my favorite and the prefilled mechanic worked really well
SmoothAsButter23
Somewhat familiar

Postby Chiaroscuro » Wed Jun 09, 2021 1:06 pm

Timo2141 wrote:i don't know its possible. If an NPC swollows my follower is it possible to trigger a randome converation with the follower and the pred ?
Like hearing the vore dialog form the distance ?

Certainly possible and that is something I would love to add in the future. However, it’s certainly not implemented yet, and I think I’d like to prioritize some more important features before that.

SmoothAsButter23 wrote:Hey Chiaroscuro I was wondering. when this mod is updated will the burps and bellies addon be updated alongside, the accidental digestion feature was my favorite and the prefilled mechanic worked really well

I would certainly like to add it, though it is a bit more complicated to do than the dialogue for both mods because it’s a lot more mod dependent. A few months ago I did come up with a way to make the prefilled mechanic work a lot cleaner and hopefully use less memory, etc, so I would love to try and implement that. I guess it became a bit less of a priority since mark added it to Refactor himself. The accidental digestion was part of the main dialogue mod though, so that’s certainly coming.

~~~~~~~~~
Hello. So FYI I changed my name, but it’s still me.

The other day I randomly got the desire to continue working on my mod. I went ahead and changed the sleep function back to the way it worked in previous versions of the mod (unfortunate because I liked this new version better it just was very unreliable), I also added the “serve your prison sentence in a guards stomach” back in. I do want to polish it up a bit more, but not sure if that’s coming soon. I also made it a bit more similar to the normal prison mechanic in that the higher your bounty the longer you stay in the guards stomach - up to seven days - and the longer your stay the greater the likelihood of you getting digested.

I was very close to being done with everything when I stopped, I was just getting fairly disheartened with certain things not working out the way that I had wanted. But all I really have left to do is add all the old dialogue back in (the part I’m dreading the most honestly), make the MCM menu and then just clean everything up. I am currently juggling like ten projects at the moment, while I also need to be looking for a job, so temper your expectations accordingly.
Chiaroscuro
Participator

Postby jimmersac » Tue Jun 15, 2021 10:51 pm

So does DBaB. Not work with TBD?
Ive been having crashing problmes. Right exactly when the game finishes loading in.
It only started happening when I switch over to TBD. But if I have DBaB off. Every other Vore related mod works fine.
jimmersac
Been posting for a bit

Postby LostCause » Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:46 am

jimmersac wrote:So does DBaB. Not work with TBD?
Ive been having crashing problmes. Right exactly when the game finishes loading in.
It only started happening when I switch over to TBD. But if I have DBaB off. Every other Vore related mod works fine.

What version of Devourment are you using? Burps and Bellies does not support Refactor. A lot of the features are already in Refactor anyway.
LostCause
Participator

Postby jimmersac » Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:27 pm

LostCause wrote:

What version of Devourment are you using? Burps and Bellies does not support Refactor. A lot of the features are already in Refactor anyway.
Devourment male and female. Newest version.

As much as I'd like to use Refactor. A lot of its master files are currently not compatible with SkyrimVR,
DMaF is.
jimmersac
Been posting for a bit

Postby Chiaroscuro » Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:02 pm

Perhaps I'm just blanking, but I have no idea what TBD is.
Chiaroscuro
Participator

Postby LostCause » Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:44 pm

Chiaroscuro wrote:

Perhaps I'm just blanking, but I have no idea what TBD is.

I assumed they meant Touched By Dibella, it's a body replacer.
LostCause
Participator

Postby jimmersac » Thu Jun 17, 2021 12:15 am

Yes, it's a body replace.
Like I mentioned before DMaF vore belly deformation works fine with TBD.
So I'm not sure why the mid that just makes it so npc have random prey in them not work.
jimmersac
Been posting for a bit

Postby Chiaroscuro » Thu Jun 17, 2021 1:10 am

Does it crash when the game itself loads, as in when you get to the menu screen, or does it crash upon loading a save. If it crashes upon loading a save, does it also crash on a new game?
Chiaroscuro
Participator

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game