Rpg maker switch

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Rpg maker switch

Postby tb333 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:59 pm

Sorry if this doesnt belong here since I dont have any content (yet). I was thinking of using rpg maker on the switch to make a vore related rpg. Anyone planing anything for that version of rpgmaker? Is this a dumb idea?
tb333
New to the forum

Re: Rpg maker switch

Postby AMCJavelin » Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:16 pm

Not the worst idea ever conceived but I'm not sure if it would work
ImageImage
AMCJavelin
???

Postby AlexBrymm » Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:59 am

It could work, but the console versions of RPG Maker can't use any custom assets (so, no images, no custom spritework, etc.) All the vore-related action would pretty much have to be text based. You also can't use a lot of the fancy script tools, which prevents a lot of cool things you might have tried.

In short... Sure, you can. But that version is a strict downgrade from the PC version, with no real upsides, so your ceiling on what you can do is much, much lower. It's still up to you, but you'll be much less limited and be able to make something much more interesting on the PC version, if you can get that one instead.
AlexBrymm
Been posting for a bit

Postby justanotherdragon » Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:12 pm

Unknown wrote:It could work, but the console versions of RPG Maker can't use any custom assets (so, no images, no custom spritework, etc.) All the vore-related action would pretty much have to be text based. You also can't use a lot of the fancy script tools, which prevents a lot of cool things you might have tried.

That's not entirely true. Depending on what you want to be making, the limitations can be a really good source for creativity (look at pretty much every good gameboy/nes game). I made (admittedly about half of) a macro/micro exploration game using primarily default assets. I used roofing tiles and such to essentially paint a body. And although for internals I think I did use outside assets, there is a vore tileset in rpgmaker, I believe, and if you get creative you can use stuff like vines to paint a picture if you want. Look at what you have and built from there.

If a text is the only way to get across what you want to convey, maybe switch to a text adventure. It's easier to make and the main focus of your project will be just as strong. However, if you think you can use the tiles to paint the picture you want (because pictures and a world to explore are the biggest pluses of rpgmaker) get experimental and use that!
justanotherdragon
Been posting for a bit

Return to Vore game