Island 0.6.1 (Dec 15 2020)

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

What do you want to see in 0.6?

More enemies
43%
More descriptions for current enemies
14%
More biomes
3%
More events
15%
Overhauled Character progression
15%
Stronger gameplay loop
10%

Total votes : 469

Re: Island 0.5 (Nov 1 2020)

Postby iepie122 » Sun Nov 01, 2020 4:41 pm

shouldn't the home also give you an increased rate of stamina recovery?
iepie122
Somewhat familiar

Postby Etherthedrake » Sun Nov 01, 2020 6:29 pm

Glad to see the dragoness made it! I think I got a grasp on this enemy-making thing, so I might contribute more later. For now though, hope you all enjoy, and best of luck in the development of this little, but imo pretty fun game.
Hey! I'm just a dessert mouse.
"humans boring. Endo best. Dragons awesome."
Etherthedrake
Somewhat familiar

Postby ripleysonic » Sun Nov 01, 2020 7:14 pm

I see that you still die of thirst even though you're standing next to a water tile.
ripleysonic
Somewhat familiar

Postby Vizix » Mon Nov 02, 2020 9:40 am

iepie122 wrote:shouldn't the home also give you an increased rate of stamina recovery?

I'll probably add that next patch but do you find that you need stamina recovery that often?

ripleysonic wrote:I see that you still die of thirst even though you're standing next to a water tile.

It's salt water. >.>
Vizix
Participator

Postby DetonaTuto » Mon Nov 02, 2020 11:17 pm

Is there a way to launch a non-windowed version of this game? The windowed version hides the action buttons behind the tool bar in my PC.
DetonaTuto
Somewhat familiar

Re: Island 0.4 (Oct 21 2020)

Postby Krieg » Tue Nov 03, 2020 4:46 am

lolcp123 wrote:Released 0.5! Read the changelog!

HavocLordX, game should launch windowed now so hopefully you can give it a shot.

Yep, can finally enjoy it properly. Great work overall, though couple of things I noticed:

Enemy red tiles can sometimes spawn over water tiles (does not affect anything really, just thought it worth a mention)

When at low health, it seems to basically be a game over anyway and anything less than half hp is extremely dangerous. Not sure if this was intended?

Dying to overworld events feels kinda cheap (running out of food/water just because no random event giving me those things. Enemy spawns seem to not give water?)

The art is pretty good and the animations add a real nice touch to them! Keep it up, this has a lot of potential.
Krieg
Participator

Postby Enteresting » Tue Nov 03, 2020 6:22 am

If possible, instead of the events having a random chance to give you food or water, there's an option to search exclusively for food and/or water? Like a Forage/Explore option so you can wait on the same spot without having to move (with a chance of a fight as well)

And question, in the future do you plan to include a story to the game? Such as how you got here and what your objective is?
Enteresting
Participator

Postby SmeetReaper » Wed Nov 04, 2020 4:37 am

ok so i hit r and nothing happens even tried it on the new 0.5 version still cant do anything
:? :(
SmeetReaper
Somewhat familiar

Postby Vizix » Wed Nov 04, 2020 9:35 am

Enteresting wrote:If possible, instead of the events having a random chance to give you food or water, there's an option to search exclusively for food and/or water? Like a Forage/Explore option so you can wait on the same spot without having to move (with a chance of a fight as well)

And question, in the future do you plan to include a story to the game? Such as how you got here and what your objective is?

I have thought about this, i suppose i could implement a forage / water event array so that people can target specific needs. As for a story haven't thought about it too much, but it would make sense if you were trying to getting the pieces to put a boat together or something.

SmeetReaper wrote:ok so i hit r and nothing happens even tried it on the new 0.5 version still cant do anything

Does it say gameover in the log? Is your health, food, or water at or below 0? You can try deleting your save in the folder. But I would need more detail to fix this.
Vizix
Participator

Postby ShadowHawk » Wed Nov 04, 2020 4:15 pm

some text resizing options would be greatly appreciated. The tiny text is rather difficult for me to read. Being able to resize the Log would also be nice.
Options to save, reload, reset, intentionally lose, and all that stuff would also be good.
Also, you may want to add something so you don't spawn in water, as I got stuck upon spawning and had to reset.
I'm a whore for vore!

Reality exists how you perceive it to exist.
ShadowHawk
Been posting for a bit

Postby Daedra » Wed Nov 04, 2020 7:29 pm

For me game window kept changing every single time i was trying to run it. Now it's smaller than an icon.
Daedra
Somewhat familiar

Postby SmeetReaper » Wed Nov 04, 2020 9:07 pm

lolcp123 wrote:
Enteresting wrote:If possible, instead of the events having a random chance to give you food or water, there's an option to search exclusively for food and/or water? Like a Forage/Explore option so you can wait on the same spot without having to move (with a chance of a fight as well)

I have thought about this, i suppose i could implement a forage / water event array so that people can target specific needs. As for a story haven't thought about it too much, but it would make sense if you were trying to getting the pieces to put a boat together or something.

SmeetReaper wrote:ok so i hit r and nothing happens even tried it on the new 0.5 version still cant do anything

Does it say gameover in the log? Is your health, food, or water at or below 0? You can try deleting your save in the folder. But I would need more detail to fix this.

it dosent say game over i think becuse i cant even click the log button but health,food,water are at 0. i literally just unziped the file and then launched the game and its instantly like this so i dont think i have any saves
SmeetReaper
Somewhat familiar

Postby vgove » Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:25 am

will player be pred in later update?
vgove
Participator

Postby AngelOfTaxes » Sun Nov 08, 2020 4:18 pm

I just discovered this game and I adore it! Here's a creature for your consideration. (Won't let me upload a json, so I attached it as a txt.)

Encounter Event:
Spoiler: show
{"hp_affect":0,"food_affect":0,"water_affect":0,"stamina_affect":0,"is_battle":true,"event_text":"You spot a flash of red-orange fur in the undergrowth just before a lithe fox girl stalks silently out of the bushes. She grins at you deviously as she rubs one hand down her furry tummy, across her ample flank, and along the length of her long, bushy tail.", "percent":4, "enemy_name": "Vixen"},
Attachments
Vixen.txt
(3.75 KiB) Downloaded 148 times
AngelOfTaxes
Been posting for a bit

Postby Vizix » Sun Nov 08, 2020 7:34 pm

AngelOfTaxes wrote:I just discovered this game and I adore it! Here's a creature for your consideration. (Won't let me upload a json, so I attached it as a txt.)

Encounter Event:
Spoiler: show
{"hp_affect":0,"food_affect":0,"water_affect":0,"stamina_affect":0,"is_battle":true,"event_text":"You spot a flash of red-orange fur in the undergrowth just before a lithe fox girl stalks silently out of the bushes. She grins at you deviously as she rubs one hand down her furry tummy, across her ample flank, and along the length of her long, bushy tail.", "percent":4, "enemy_name": "Vixen"},

Thanks! The Vixen looks good, I would for sure add it if you don't mind adding a second description for moves. I think it adds a lot to the encounters.
Vizix
Participator

Postby AngelOfTaxes » Tue Nov 10, 2020 6:37 am

Here's a somewhat enhanced version with a second description for each move.
Attachments
Vixen.txt
(4.77 KiB) Downloaded 183 times
AngelOfTaxes
Been posting for a bit

Postby Deegamer20 » Sat Nov 28, 2020 4:43 pm

I can't see all of the enemies except for Marsh fairy and Beach Elf the rest are white squares
Deegamer20
New to the forum

Postby Deegamer20 » Sun Dec 13, 2020 4:06 pm

When will the next update be released
And will the sprites be fixed for some of the enemies?
Deegamer20
New to the forum

Postby nukers1 » Mon Dec 14, 2020 2:17 am

Will cock vore be added?
nukers1
Somewhat familiar

Postby Vizix » Mon Dec 14, 2020 1:31 pm

Deegamer20 wrote:When will the next update be released
And will the sprites be fixed for some of the enemies?

I'm pretty close to releasing 0.6, sprites will be added to some enemies. They were never broken.

nukers1 wrote:Will cock vore be added?

I'm fairly confident that in the first post I covered the things that I am willing to write. But the game is very easy to modify and add to so I am willing to post things that someone writes, and would consider adding it officially if it hits the preferences I mentioned.
Vizix
Participator

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game