Gulp Quest MV - Update 0.1 is here! (18/02/23)

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

What should be the mark for the Update 0.2?

Entirety of the Maid Cafe (mainly individual scenes, akin to the slime girl)
56%
Main Girls' scenes and Story (focusing on the development of the plot)
31%
Maps and Fights (create the next 3 overworld maps and put at least a monster or a scene in each of them)
13%

Total votes : 1231

Re: Gulp Quest MV V 0.03 out! Molly Update (09/02/2021)

Postby anirishnirvana » Thu Feb 11, 2021 10:36 am

wierdo2000 wrote:
anirishnirvana wrote:
wierdo2000 wrote:the wolf fight is to dificult, i cant even get one hit in before it kills me, and i dont seem to get XP when defeating orc girls, and they give to few GP to save for potions, :/

You really need to grind orcs by beating one then sleeping at home. Might be an idea to save every time you have a fight. You also need to buy equipment, and find and equip what's in some of the chests.

I dont seem to be able to grind XP this way, Defeating orcs gives 0 XP! i believe this is a bug.
please increase the gold value of orcs, add XP.

You're grinding money, not XP; where the bed at home is a free heal.

The orcs probably need a bit of a nerf as until you get decent equipment they can often take more than your health pool per fight, yet give less money than the value of potions.

Bees are strangely easier to fight than orcs (maybe because of the equipment in one of the chests) and give more money than orcs, but it runs a risk of stun lock. The orcs lead me to save scumming anyways, so might as well save scum on a more efficient enemy.

The wolf isn't too hard once you get the shield from the shop and equipment in chests. You'll only potentially need one potion, or maybe not any if you get lucky. The wolf might still make the Molly "side-quest" a bit too high levelled for the area she's in, but it's manageable.
anirishnirvana
Somewhat familiar

Postby The_Prof » Fri Feb 12, 2021 11:26 am

hmmm if I were to make suggestions on combat balance try breaking down the defense bonus from the shield into multiple items. Instead of a 100 gold shield for 10 defense instead make the shield 30g for 3 defense, 50g for leather armor with 5 defense, and 30g for leather boots with 3 defense. It keeps the grind available for those who are willing to do it but lessens the grind a bit so that it gets easier to do so at a faster pace.
Evil genius, lover of catgirls, and tricking people into getting eaten is my game!
The_Prof
???

Postby anirishnirvana » Thu Feb 18, 2021 2:22 pm

The_Prof wrote:hmmm if I were to make suggestions on combat balance try breaking down the defense bonus from the shield into multiple items. Instead of a 100 gold shield for 10 defense instead make the shield 30g for 3 defense, 50g for leather armor with 5 defense, and 30g for leather boots with 3 defense. It keeps the grind available for those who are willing to do it but lessens the grind a bit so that it gets easier to do so at a faster pace.

Just want to add my agreement to this idea, or at least something along those lines.
anirishnirvana
Somewhat familiar

Postby blazekyn » Sun Feb 21, 2021 3:53 am

i got two question for when you get time will their be chances to gain levels and get stronger to make it easier to beat enemy the more you play and will the bee girl orc and lamia game over scene be re-added in the future?
blazekyn
New to the forum

Postby Dragonitas » Mon Feb 22, 2021 5:20 am

blazekyn, It has been explained already a few times that the level up system has been removed altogether and to improve your stats you will need to find and buy equipment. The orc and bee girl scenes are being worked on whenever I can.

I have also considered the proposal of the shield giving less armor but that would mess up the way the classes would work later on. I'll add a worse shield to help with the grind earlier on though.
Dragonitas
Somewhat familiar

Postby blazekyn » Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:16 am

Ah ok just stress cause that how mystics myst somewhat did thing but no encounter for cash made it impossible hoping gulp quest can do it right loved the original and remake
blazekyn
New to the forum

Postby Dragonitas » Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:55 am

blazekyn, you're fine, don't worry. I hope I can live up to the original ^^
Dragonitas
Somewhat familiar

Postby Sinp » Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:43 pm

Hey man, the way the remake is going so far, I have absolutely no doubts! Keep up the amazing work
Sinp
New to the forum

Postby MarkusFreeman320 » Thu Feb 25, 2021 2:03 am

Just gave it a spin now that the Molly scene is in it, I really love the quality of life changes to controls, being able to move around and interact using just the mouse is a big improvement. And the higher quality sprites and ability to go full screen is an absolute godsend.

Balance wise the grind with the orc girl is a real pain in the arse, with the worst being her grapple just giving her a free hit on you. I would suggest that breaking her restraint should do damage to her and stun her her for 1 turn, that way breaking her grip is rewarded, but ignoring it is punished, making it a much more dynamic mechanic. Also the shield is both too powerful and too expensive, I would make it slightly weaker but only 50 gold (and maybe make it a nice carved wooden shield to justify the price tag compared to the free rusty sword), with a better quality shield (like an iron/bronze shield) and sword (shiny steel to contrast the rusty one) available at the 100-200 gold range.

And on a side note, I actually really like the removal of the leveling up system, it removes the feeling of grinding for the sake of grinding, and makes it a simple matter of needing gold. That said I do have a suggestion, if key events could grant a permanent bonus to stats it would give a sense of progression without needing a grind. For example, defeating your first orc girl a permanent +1 to all stats would show how after your first fight you've gotten stronger. Likewise for the bee girl, so that you're not having to repeatedly grind out the same monster, but after your first fight against one they become easier. You could also give the player a +10 bonus to health whenever they help a girl, like when they free Christelle and after helping Molly get her panties back, so that you aren't wholly dependent on equipment to get stronger.

Overall it's a really nice revamp to the old game, and I can't wait to see some new content added to it :3
MarkusFreeman320
Participator

Location: Western Scotland (That's as much detail as you're getting)

Postby Enteresting » Thu Feb 25, 2021 8:42 am

Removing the leveling system in a game like this is a nice surprise, but nonetheless a welcome one. Will we have, down the line of course, options to train, study and hone our character's skills so he doesn't end up as food for almost everyone he comes across?
Enteresting
Participator

Postby Dragonitas » Thu Feb 25, 2021 8:17 pm

MarkusFreeman320, Hey thanks a lot for your answer! I know the shield is overpowered and I eill be introducing a cheaper middle shield that will act as a bridge to get to the good one. I also have adjusted the gold enemies will be giving for the next release. Something that isn't all too clear yet is that the gear that the player can get access to is supposed to be used farther away from this initial area, so strong items need to be available to use later on in the game, and they seem really strong for the immediate threats.

As for the boosts to stats, I want to keep the experience as 'realistic' as possible, I already thought about side quests rewarding items to the player, but never thought about them granting stats. I may try something like that in the future and see if I'm convinced by it ^^

Enteresting, The level up system always felt a bit out of place to me, and I will tell you why to answer your other question about boosting stats: In this world men are physically inferior to both women and monster girls, and their mental capabilities are impaired when in presence of a female, making males the bottom of the food chain.
For a male adventurer to be on the same level as a woman or a monster girl it'd take a miracle, and I want to keep that struggle present throughout the game. The only way a man has any chances of standing up to face a female is to arm himself with armor and weapons that boost his survivability options, and even then he'd be susceptible to teasing and social interaction. I want to keep the player in that position of vulnerability, having them feel like any female is dangerous, but that at the same time they all are a source of pleasure.
Dragonitas
Somewhat familiar

Postby The_Prof » Thu Feb 25, 2021 10:51 pm

I think the best way is to have side quests, rare item drops, hidden shrines and other stuff that can allow stats to be boosted. That way the character's growth in power is not tied to personal growth but more cheating through outside magical means... That way men are still physically inferior to both women and monster girls, however this particular male is one doped up on a lot of magic steroids that is pretty much doing all the heavy lifting for him... Though through that means it would paint an even bigger target on the poor kid considering now not only is a delicious meal for hungry women and monster girls... But now he's full of highly nutritious magical power that would make them far more powerful in turn... and the magic also makes the guy taste really sweet like he's a walking ice cream sundae that could kick your ass from here to Chinatown if you aren't careful.
Evil genius, lover of catgirls, and tricking people into getting eaten is my game!
The_Prof
???

Postby Enteresting » Fri Feb 26, 2021 2:10 pm

The_Prof wrote:I think the best way is to have side quests, rare item drops, hidden shrines and other stuff that can allow stats to be boosted. That way the character's growth in power is not tied to personal growth but more cheating through outside magical means... That way men are still physically inferior to both women and monster girls, however this particular male is one doped up on a lot of magic steroids that is pretty much doing all the heavy lifting for him... Though through that means it would paint an even bigger target on the poor kid considering now not only is a delicious meal for hungry women and monster girls... But now he's full of highly nutritious magical power that would make them far more powerful in turn... and the magic also makes the guy taste really sweet like he's a walking ice cream sundae that could kick your ass from here to Chinatown if you aren't careful.

I support this idea. The ability to get stronger but make yourself a much bigger target would be great.
Enteresting
Participator

Postby jokill9 » Sun Mar 14, 2021 6:56 pm

Android port?
jokill9
New to the forum

Postby Koseki » Sun Mar 14, 2021 8:47 pm

i actually play it on android
http://aryion.com/g4/gallery/Koseki <-----check my stories, maybe you like them, maybe you hate them!
Koseki
Participator

Postby F3t1sh » Mon Mar 15, 2021 12:13 am

Koseki wrote:i actually play it on android

How do you actually play it on android? Can you teach us? XD
F3t1sh
New to the forum

Postby Koseki » Mon Mar 15, 2021 5:28 am

download joiplay from the app store. just download the game and unzip it with winrar(also available on android) and execute the .exe file with joiplay
http://aryion.com/g4/gallery/Koseki <-----check my stories, maybe you like them, maybe you hate them!
Koseki
Participator

Postby Sinp » Mon Mar 15, 2021 10:24 am

I actually just unzipped it without Winrar, did I do a fucky wucky?
Sinp
New to the forum

Postby Psycho_wolvesbane » Thu Mar 18, 2021 2:35 am

No, other un-compression software are available :)
Psycho_wolvesbane
Participator

Postby theonlymatt » Fri Mar 19, 2021 2:05 am

That's awesome, I'm gonna move all my games over to android for sure!
theonlymatt
Somewhat familiar

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game