A High Stakes Game HDD (8/8 Preview Demo)

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: A High Stakes Game HD (0.2.6)

Postby twilitreaper » Tue Aug 25, 2020 10:48 am

So I found an irritating bug that only works if you use multiple saves. I use 7 saves right now and all except the last 2 go back to a previous point in the game right before a progress game or the first encounter with Zoey. However when I last went back to the first encounter with zoey, I lost and the save data from that file overwrote my latest save data and I couldn't get the original back no matter how hard I tried but I didn't try too hard since it was right after I had finished the Sandy progress game. I went back and tried restarting the game on the save before it and no luck. I tried losing on the same save file and it overwrote the latest save file which is what I wanted it to do. So the bug is that if you lose on another save file it will overwrite the file that you saved on top of last with the file that was used to recall a scene from the point that you started that file at but only if you don't save over any other files before you lose. Not sure if anyone has pointed this bug out but I hope my wording wasn't confusing and love the remake.

On a side note will A Witch's Game be getting more content later or is the focus on this for now?
twilitreaper
New to the forum

Postby Appo » Tue Aug 25, 2020 9:15 pm

twilitreaper wrote:So I found an irritating bug that only works if you use multiple saves. I use 7 saves right now and all except the last 2 go back to a previous point in the game right before a progress game or the first encounter with Zoey. However when I last went back to the first encounter with zoey, I lost and the save data from that file overwrote my latest save data and I couldn't get the original back no matter how hard I tried but I didn't try too hard since it was right after I had finished the Sandy progress game. I went back and tried restarting the game on the save before it and no luck. I tried losing on the same save file and it overwrote the latest save file which is what I wanted it to do. So the bug is that if you lose on another save file it will overwrite the file that you saved on top of last with the file that was used to recall a scene from the point that you started that file at but only if you don't save over any other files before you lose. Not sure if anyone has pointed this bug out but I hope my wording wasn't confusing and love the remake.

On a side note will A Witch's Game be getting more content later or is the focus on this for now?

Thank you for the bug report. This tells me that somehow the background mechanics for the Ironman mode of the game that are waiting to be incorporated at a later point are somehow being called.

Before I go looking for the cause are you using any kind of manual editing of the game switches? Switch 300 will activate Ironman mode. If you have some means of checking the switch to see if it's on, or if you could send me your save files through the discord (https://discord.gg/tku6tB), that would be really helpful.
Appo
Somewhat familiar

Postby Appo » Wed Aug 26, 2020 9:40 pm

twilitreaper wrote:So I found an irritating bug that only works if you use multiple saves. I use 7 saves right now and all except the last 2 go back to a previous point in the game right before a progress game or the first encounter with Zoey. However when I last went back to the first encounter with zoey, I lost and the save data from that file overwrote my latest save data and I couldn't get the original back no matter how hard I tried but I didn't try too hard since it was right after I had finished the Sandy progress game. I went back and tried restarting the game on the save before it and no luck. I tried losing on the same save file and it overwrote the latest save file which is what I wanted it to do. So the bug is that if you lose on another save file it will overwrite the file that you saved on top of last with the file that was used to recall a scene from the point that you started that file at but only if you don't save over any other files before you lose. Not sure if anyone has pointed this bug out but I hope my wording wasn't confusing and love the remake.

Could you tell me where the over-written save starts? The point that it starts will also be the point where the forced save occurs.

Also I'll say that I'm not working on AWG and won't be this year. I may come back to it but I have no current plans for it. I wrote AWG towards too much mean-ness so if I go back to it I'll have to do an retcon to make the same content less mean. I'm still working on HSG content though. You can see updates about that in the discord.
Appo
Somewhat familiar

Postby StarSpectre » Sat Aug 29, 2020 10:25 pm

Right, sorry for being so late on this.
So, I went on the date thing with Eva, and it did the scene thing whenever she used a potion, or something of the sort. I was skipping through the dialogue, as I'm not really one for lewd things and all, and once it was all done and the guy was released, it sent me to an error screen, saying some error text that I forgot, and don't have an image of, sadly. Not quite sure what went wrong, but I just know it was odd.
StarSpectre
New to the forum

Postby Ironf1st » Sun Aug 30, 2020 6:48 am

Ok so I'm on windows, and when I click on the mega link in the OP, it gets to the point that it's decrypting the folder data and gets stuck there. I left it there for several hours to see if it was just a waiting issue but there was no noticeable change. Has the download link been giving anybody else problems?
Ironf1st
New to the forum

Postby ian66613 » Sun Aug 30, 2020 8:31 am

Game crashes when you get the aphrodisiac potion event after a date with Eva. (This doesn't always happen, but it does from time to time.)

I'm at Affection 30 and no progress game is available. I haven't met any other girls if there are supposed to be any.

Eventually I ran into one or two via dates. Now I have another bug to report. When entering Gwen's store/place for the first time ALONE, a dialogue box for Eva appears to choose to do something with her, you can press escape to close it. When you go up to gwen after this, she suddenly does a scene with this blue-haired girl with empty eyes. This scene feels like it's meant to follow another scene, as she talks to me like I'm supposed to know something or she invited me here after talking to me earlier, etc.

This scene can also crash the game from time to time.

The "Sexy Time" scene can also crash the game sometimes.
Ideal Vore Games · Vore Preferences · My OC (4 inch (10cm) fairy boy.)
I am NOT into Furries/Bestial/Animals.
ian66613
---

Postby TheMystique » Mon Sep 21, 2020 1:33 pm

Hey guys. I was having fun with the game and then I decided to look through the files, and there's like 30 different burp sound effects in the folder. But as far as I made it in the game, I don't remember any happening. Is there a scene with a girl I'm missing or are they just there for some future update?
TheMystique
Been posting for a bit

Postby fdgod09 » Thu Dec 24, 2020 1:14 am

Can someone help me I dont know how to install the game on android
fdgod09
New to the forum

Postby Psycho_wolvesbane » Mon Dec 28, 2020 3:56 am

fdgod09 wrote:Can someone help me I dont know how to install the game on android

That's because an Android build of the game hasn't been made yet.
Psycho_wolvesbane
Participator

Postby Younger99 » Mon Feb 15, 2021 8:28 pm

Just curious how does one get the Pred Fail Menu Screen?
Younger99
Participator

Postby Appo » Tue Feb 16, 2021 12:59 am

Younger99 wrote:Just curious how does one get the Pred Fail Menu Screen?

You lose to Eva during the progress game about her predatory instincts. It's the prerequisite game to meeting Gwen.
Appo
Somewhat familiar

Postby Mitsukiboozle » Mon Mar 08, 2021 3:23 pm

Can someone send me save files to specific scenes? It's really unfortunate that you can't transfer save files from the other version of the game to this one, so It would really help if someone send me their save files to specific scenes.
Mitsukiboozle
Somewhat familiar

Postby ELSCHNY » Wed Mar 31, 2021 12:37 am

So when first saw this game I thought it would be very interesting but as soon as I played it de mecanics draw me down, the fact that you can't rest whenever you want and have to wait until next round only to use it and don 't recover any sp, idk man.
I don't say is a bad game, I think it's very good and I undestand that the developer can't straight up lower the difficulty to just "spam escape and win" but I would like a little less difficult.
ELSCHNY
Been posting for a bit

Postby Appo » Wed Mar 31, 2021 1:30 am

ELSCHNY wrote:So when first saw this game I thought it would be very interesting but as soon as I played it de mecanics draw me down, the fact that you can't rest whenever you want and have to wait until next round only to use it and don 't recover any sp, idk man.
I don't say is a bad game, I think it's very good and I undestand that the developer can't straight up lower the difficulty to just "spam escape and win" but I would like a little less difficult.

I've broadly come to agree with that assessment. I like the mechanics I came up with for pseudo-random outcomes and tension but it's a bit over-developed when you don't have lots of choices to effect your chances. I had originally intended to add more actions and advancement options to the game to create more investment in advancement for the player. However since that never happened it has just made things more random than really benefits your enjoyment of the game.

In some number of months I'd like to have overhauled the game back to being basically as the original creator has things. If you're interested in that head over to the discord.
Appo
Somewhat familiar

Postby SnekTamerPoms » Wed Mar 31, 2021 2:07 pm

Yo I'm trying this game on my android and its pausing every second because of audio not loading in, any idea of what I should download? To fix the audio?
SnekTamerPoms
Been posting for a bit

Postby CrystalKiller88 » Mon May 10, 2021 11:59 am

So, I, like many others here, was having trouble with difficulty. After I died three times in a row in speed training, I did what any gamer who doesn't have time to grind does: Look for a way to cheese the game.
When that failed, I did the other thing any gamer who doesn't have time to grind does: cheat. I had seen people in this forum talking about this website and decided that it would be a good choice:
https://www.saveeditonline.com/
It was a bit daunting, but I've figured out a good strategy for figuring out which value is which:
1. Before you remove the save from the game's files, open the game and take a screenshot of your stats on the "Spend XP" menu.
2. When you upload the save, look for values with matching numbers.
3. Change the values and enjoy your easier gaming experience.
4. ???
5. Profit.

Hope this helps my fellow gamers that prefer story mode!
CrystalKiller88
Participator

Postby Mesechi » Sat Jul 24, 2021 4:19 pm

Im not noticing anyone talk about it so im going to ask, but are you still able to lose health in this version?
My hp never went down for the many games ive done
Mesechi
New to the forum

Postby Psycho_wolvesbane » Sun Jul 25, 2021 12:11 pm

Mesechi wrote:Im not noticing anyone talk about it so im going to ask, but are you still able to lose health in this version?
My hp never went down for the many games ive done

Only specific game types have the HP feature, the Digestion Practice, the main progress games after the initial 2 (don't quote me on that), and the Zoey Visit practice game.
Psycho_wolvesbane
Participator

Postby bledthorn » Sat Jul 31, 2021 1:19 am

out of curiousity is the zoey bug where if you succed in getting out of her while after she wakes up and it bugs out fixed?
bledthorn
Somewhat familiar

Re: A High Stakes Game HDD (8/8 Preview Demo)

Postby Appo » Sat Aug 07, 2021 4:07 am

I'm a little early on 8/8 but at least the island nation of Fakaofo will attain 8/8 in 2 hours.

If you're interested in seeing extra, sporadic updates on the progress of HSG then Erecant's server is the place to go: https://discord.gg/x6hJ8hdj
Appo
Somewhat familiar

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game