A High Stakes Game HDD (8/8 Preview Demo)

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: A High Stakes Game HD (0.2.3) (Please update if using 0.

Postby Appo » Wed May 27, 2020 10:01 pm

If you only want to report bugs here that's ok but I still prefer discord as the place to be reporting bugs. https://discord.gg/hT3Mfz
Zbeubyx wrote:So i've unlocked the unbirth scene, but once i hit 0 HP i enter an infinite loop of eva restin and my loosing VP as the rounds pass, also my hp started to regenerate once hitting 0

Spoiler: show
When you fall asleep during the UB scene your VP will rapidly diminish while your HP regenerates until you reach half HP and wake up. During that time you can't perform any actions since you're asleep. Are you not waking up at half HP?

Kerbalmaster wrote:I have hit a roadblock, and I constantly keep losing, without any change in EXP, I find myself unable to even attempt to locate any values that would increase EXP to get better. So Not only can I not legitimately get any better, But even with cheat engine I cannot give myself the push i need to get better.

This roadblock is making me legitimately stressed out. I hope adresses are universal and are able to be searched for, Because My enjoyment of the game is really getting bogged down by constantly losing.

There are potentially tough situations you can get yourself in. Having a high game difficulty and 0 affection is one of them. There's no solution to this except to accept the reality of the game and grind through, or to use a cheat engine to bypass that hurdle.
Appo
Somewhat familiar

Postby DarkPinkie » Thu May 28, 2020 12:33 pm

Oh, didn't realize this was getting remade. Interesting.
I'm currently a developer for Lurking Lizard Studios currently developing Predator's Coliseum.
We also have a public Discord chat!
DarkPinkie
---

Re: A High Stakes Game HD (0.2.0)

Postby Ragnow » Fri May 29, 2020 6:28 pm

Appo wrote:
Ragnow wrote:For example i've reached affection 17 with Eva, yet I just reset all the way to affection 4 and I got bodied AGAIN despite having dumped damn near all my stats into maneuver and doing speed practice.

Resetting practice once resets every practice game completely.

Wait, so if I reset practice multiple times at once i've only hurt myself then?
Ragnow
Somewhat familiar

Postby MarkusFreeman320 » Fri May 29, 2020 6:50 pm

So is there going to be an easy mode added at some point? The first level alone is so RNG dependent that after 5 attempts I tried cheat engine, which didn't work either so now I'm unable to play the game.

And I know there may be some people who say I just need to learn the game, and while I'm sure learning the game off by heart would help, the RNG still takes much of the fun out of it for me. Plus, not to beat around the bush, I'm a university student, I play games like this to RELAX when I'm not studying engineering, I play to enjoy the art and writing, to enjoy the romance dynamics of the game, not to be stressed out by RNG.

I fully understand some people love the challenge, I can respect that, but from the poll results it seems many do not like just HOW challenging this game is, and Tiny Misadventures seems to have fully satisfied everyone by having an easy mode for those who want an easy peasy low stress game, while leaving the challenging mode for die hard fans of tougher gameplay.
MarkusFreeman320
Participator

Location: Western Scotland (That's as much detail as you're getting)

Postby MarkusFreeman320 » Fri May 29, 2020 7:26 pm

ryanshowseason3 wrote:
Ragnow wrote:Jesus, the RNG in this game is annoying. Are there saves people uploaded to this version yet? I haven't even gotten to the first progress game, and it took me an hour to even get to 9 affection (after restting once) due to how fucked the RNG is.

I decided to just give myself the same sort of stats as when I stopped playing. That will at least make it less grindy. I simply don't have the time for a game that requires grind.

What follows is a guide to cheating with memory editors which I will at least keep in spoiler tags and at the OPs wish I can delete it if desired. That said it is a fairly involved process.

Cheat engine is your friend. Go get it, go through the first four tutorials it offers at least. You're on your way to hacking just about any game and that part isn't hard.

With that said rpgmaker mv has bizarre memory structure.

It actually consists of 3-4 processes running all at once and sharing memory and pointers. You'll need to find the largest one in task manager that is holding all the images and objects the game runs on.

In task manager you'll need to view the PID or process ID of the largest rpgmaker process. Then convert it from decimal to hex if it is being displayed as decimal. This will let you find the process in cheat engine that only displays hex process IDs

After all that it gets even better. RPG maker has the odd proclivity of storing integer data in two different forms that seem to change from version to version.

Either 2x or 2x+1

So say you were looking for your health value that is 100. Depending on the rpgmaker compiler used it might be stored as 200 or 201. I've found no rhyme or reason as to which method is employed.

Some values stored as float are notoriously hard to locate as their memory location changes every time they are written to by game code. Thankfully I haven't had cause to find a work around to this scenario yet.

Is there a youtube guide to doing this? Because good god does that sound complicated...
MarkusFreeman320
Participator

Postby eleventh » Fri May 29, 2020 8:17 pm

There's a universal cheat plugin for RPG Maker MV out there, if you'd prefer something a bit more user friendly. It needs to be added to the game's files to work, so it's a bit more per-game setup than Cheat Engine is, but as far as I can tell it always works for simple things like stats.
I really need to just post things without rewriting them dozens of times.
eleventh
Participator

Postby Appo » Fri May 29, 2020 9:29 pm

Ragnow wrote:Wait, so if I reset practice multiple times at once i've only hurt myself then?

Yes. You're throwing away affection.
MarkusFreeman320 wrote:So is there going to be an easy mode added at some point? The first level alone is so RNG dependent that after 5 attempts I tried cheat engine, which didn't work either so now I'm unable to play the game.

And I know there may be some people who say I just need to learn the game, and while I'm sure learning the game off by heart would help, the RNG still takes much of the fun out of it for me. Plus, not to beat around the bush, I'm a university student, I play games like this to RELAX when I'm not studying engineering, I play to enjoy the art and writing, to enjoy the romance dynamics of the game, not to be stressed out by RNG.

I fully understand some people love the challenge, I can respect that, but from the poll results it seems many do not like just HOW challenging this game is, and Tiny Misadventures seems to have fully satisfied everyone by having an easy mode for those who want an easy peasy low stress game, while leaving the challenging mode for die hard fans of tougher gameplay.

The cheat engine is the way to play on easy mode. I believe the version you've got is unpackaged so failing that you can create an event within RPG maker to manually increase variable 80 which is the XP stat for Eva. Take the CommonEvents.json file out, edit it in RPG Maker MV, and then replace it. I won't help anyone with this. It's a game of grind, of initially unfair odds, and of strategy.

There will however be an Ironman mode added at some point.
Appo
Somewhat familiar

Postby Chaos3 » Sat May 30, 2020 12:15 am

Bah the game is not hard. I've only played for 2 short sessions and I'm already at "oh wait spoilers" I'm at the point where the original had its last update. Games these days. Back in my day there was no walk through. We had a joy stick and one button and we liked it.
Chaos3
Been posting for a bit

Postby MarkusFreeman320 » Sat May 30, 2020 2:18 pm

eleventh wrote:There's a universal cheat plugin for RPG Maker MV out there, if you'd prefer something a bit more user friendly. It needs to be added to the game's files to work, so it's a bit more per-game setup than Cheat Engine is, but as far as I can tell it always works for simple things like stats.

Thank you! I'll see if I can track that down, it'd be nice to actually get to play the whole game, the art is adorable and I love the writing.

Appo wrote:
MarkusFreeman320 wrote:So is there going to be an easy mode added at some point? The first level alone is so RNG dependent that after 5 attempts I tried cheat engine, which didn't work either so now I'm unable to play the game.

The cheat engine is the way to play on easy mode. I believe the version you've got is unpackaged so failing that you can create an event within RPG maker to manually increase variable 80 which is the XP stat for Eva. Take the CommonEvents.json file out, edit it in RPG Maker MV, and then replace it. I won't help anyone with this. It's a game of grind, of initially unfair odds, and of strategy.

There will however be an Ironman mode added at some point.

The poll shows people actually find it more unfairly difficult later in the game. And if cheat engine was easy to use here I would likely have managed to make it work like I have in other games before, it doesn't work in this game, at least not without a fairly uncommon amount of tech savvy. And honestly, why are people who like hard games so offended by the mere existence of an easy mode? Like the notion of a way to play the game that is low stress is morally unacceptable. If you like a challenge, great! You should get to keep your hard mode! I am all for you keeping what you enjoy about this game! But the majority of the people who play this game and answer the poll don't enjoy this level of difficulty, and isn't enjoyment the whole point of a game like this?

I like this game for the strong story theme and good relationship dynamics, I would love to see more of that, sadly the game has said "Nope, you aren't L33T enough to get past the start of this game, you don't get to appreciate the care an work that went into the story writing or art", and to me, it's a waste of hard work writing and illustrating a compelling character like Eva to have an apparently large (check poll again) amount of players denied much of the game due to difficulty.

Chaos3 wrote:Bah the game is not hard. I've only played for 2 short sessions and I'm already at "oh wait spoilers" I'm at the point where the original had its last update. Games these days. Back in my day there was no walk through. We had a joy stick and one button and we liked it.

Ok boomer. (you asked for that with the "games these days" comment) But we're not in a game arcade anymore, modern games aren't about high scores and memorizing 2D levels. And as I've said before, most people don't enjoy this level of difficulty (check poll for proof) for the same reason "nintendo-hard" has died out in modern gaming. I still don't see what you find so offensive about including an easy mode, or alternatively "story mode". Why are the people who find it too easy the small minority but the ones who bitch and moan the loudest when the rest of us ask for an easy mode?
MarkusFreeman320
Participator

Postby MarkusFreeman320 » Sat May 30, 2020 2:31 pm

Dracon_Kitsune wrote:It is only Zoey that has scaling resets, once you unlock her. Which can get really nice if you want to get all 24 hours or so of content with her.

How do you get Zoey? Admittedly I've never even gotten past Eva due to how hard this game is, but there's so much of this wonderful game locked behind RNG and brutal gameplay.
MarkusFreeman320
Participator

Postby levii » Sat May 30, 2020 2:58 pm

MarkusFreeman320 wrote:
ryanshowseason3 wrote:
Ragnow wrote:Jesus, the RNG in this game is annoying. Are there saves people uploaded to this version yet? I haven't even gotten to the first progress game, and it took me an hour to even get to 9 affection (after restting once) due to how fucked the RNG is.

I decided to just give myself the same sort of stats as when I stopped playing. That will at least make it less grindy. I simply don't have the time for a game that requires grind.

What follows is a guide to cheating with memory editors which I will at least keep in spoiler tags and at the OPs wish I can delete it if desired. That said it is a fairly involved process.

Cheat engine is your friend. Go get it, go through the first four tutorials it offers at least. You're on your way to hacking just about any game and that part isn't hard.

With that said rpgmaker mv has bizarre memory structure.

It actually consists of 3-4 processes running all at once and sharing memory and pointers. You'll need to find the largest one in task manager that is holding all the images and objects the game runs on.

In task manager you'll need to view the PID or process ID of the largest rpgmaker process. Then convert it from decimal to hex if it is being displayed as decimal. This will let you find the process in cheat engine that only displays hex process IDs

After all that it gets even better. RPG maker has the odd proclivity of storing integer data in two different forms that seem to change from version to version.

Either 2x or 2x+1

So say you were looking for your health value that is 100. Depending on the rpgmaker compiler used it might be stored as 200 or 201. I've found no rhyme or reason as to which method is employed.

Some values stored as float are notoriously hard to locate as their memory location changes every time they are written to by game code. Thankfully I haven't had cause to find a work around to this scenario yet.

Is there a youtube guide to doing this? Because good god does that sound complicated...

https://www.saveeditonline.com/ Just use this site. It's much simpler.
levii
New to the forum

Postby Dracon_Kitsune » Sat May 30, 2020 3:35 pm

MarkusFreeman320 wrote:
Dracon_Kitsune wrote:It is only Zoey that has scaling resets, once you unlock her. Which can get really nice if you want to get all 24 hours or so of content with her.

How do you get Zoey? Admittedly I've never even gotten past Eva due to how hard this game is, but there's so much of this wonderful game locked behind RNG and brutal gameplay.

Basically, you go on dates till she finds you.
Dracon_Kitsune
Participator

Postby MarkusFreeman320 » Sat May 30, 2020 4:52 pm

levii wrote:https://www.saveeditonline.com/ Just use this site. It's much simpler.

I gave it a go, didn't seem to work for me, but I found an alternative that has allowed me to progress ^^;

Dracon_Kitsune wrote:Basically, you go on dates till she finds you.

K, I've met Zoey, and have been going over to practice with her a bunch. Is there any way to advance the relationship with her? Whenever she pops up in dates my character keeps sending her away.
MarkusFreeman320
Participator

Postby Chaos3 » Sat May 30, 2020 10:18 pm

MarkusFreeman320 wrote:Ok boomer. (you asked for that with the "games these days" comment) But we're not in a game arcade anymore, modern games aren't about high scores and memorizing 2D levels. And as I've said before, most people don't enjoy this level of difficulty (check poll for proof) for the same reason "nintendo-hard" has died out in modern gaming. I still don't see what you find so offensive about including an easy mode, or alternatively "story mode". Why are the people who find it too easy the small minority but the ones who bitch and moan the loudest when the rest of us ask for an easy mode?

There is a difference in a game being legitimately difficult, and the player refusing to spend some trial and error time to understand the basics. Gamers are so entitled these days and the "game over" screen bruises their poor fragile egos. :lol:
There are some really hard games here on Eka's: Crazy Difficulty Spikes, Instant Deaths, Overly Difficult Platforms, Backtracking Hell, Huge Progress Loss, Unclear Puzzles, and some times the A.! just blatantly cheats. (Looking at you Blackjack) :D
This is not one of those games. It is very rewarding to those who take a little time to figure it out, and enjoy a reasonable amount of effort for their reward.
Truth be told. The digestion dialogues on here are some of my favorites on the whole site. I played the original for hours. The only frustration I have with the hd version, is I inadvertently escape too often trying to drag out the games to enjoy more dialogue or easter eggs. I hate to tell you but this IS the easy mode. I almost wish there was a instant death button so I can enjoy the game overs but I should shut up and earn my rewards too.
Chaos3
Been posting for a bit

Postby kuman2011 » Sun May 31, 2020 12:07 am

What this game needs is a reanimation feature. Sort of like Ryanshow's game but a bit limited as in not everyone can be reanimated. It would make for very interesting dialogues between characters especially if you have Alex get a high VP.

Great remaster of the game though. Love every moment of it. A question though. Is it possible to make a human outline in the preds belly? it would make it more realistic/hot and to show that there is an actual human inside their stomachs and with every maneuver Alex makes his position gets adjusted. Then we can gradually notice Eva and the others' stomachs resembling your original roundlike belly as their meal is digested when its a game over.
kuman2011
Been posting for a bit

Postby secretish » Sun May 31, 2020 12:37 am

kuman2011 wrote:What this game needs is a reanimation feature. Sort of like Ryanshow's game but a bit limited as in not everyone can be reanimated. It would make for very interesting dialogues between characters especially if you have Alex get a high VP.

That would have to massively change a very large portion of the dialog and lore already in the game. Quite a bit of the tension between characters is based on the fact that, if the eating succeeds, the mc will actually die. Also, would have to add new dialog for re-challenging the progress games (or for mc talking to them again if failing them is still a game-over). With all the needed changes that would bring, it would probably be better to just make a new game or spinoff instead. Would probably be way too much work, especially when the current game (both the regular and hd remake) aren't even finished. Not that I'd complain if they did make something good with reanimation, but it's not nearly as simple as a small change.

Edit: Mid-late game spoilers:
Maybe if there was something similar to how Gwen revives that person she eats for the compassion game, it could work out as a late-game or even post-game unlock, but having it be common in the world's lore would be too drastic.
secretish
Been posting for a bit

Postby MarkusFreeman320 » Sun May 31, 2020 12:56 am

Chaos3 wrote:
MarkusFreeman320 wrote:Ok boomer. (you asked for that with the "games these days" comment) But we're not in a game arcade anymore, modern games aren't about high scores and memorizing 2D levels. And as I've said before, most people don't enjoy this level of difficulty (check poll for proof) for the same reason "nintendo-hard" has died out in modern gaming. I still don't see what you find so offensive about including an easy mode, or alternatively "story mode". Why are the people who find it too easy the small minority but the ones who bitch and moan the loudest when the rest of us ask for an easy mode?

There is a difference in a game being legitimately difficult, and the player refusing to spend some trial and error time to understand the basics. Gamers are so entitled these days and the "game over" screen bruises their poor fragile egos. :lol:
There are some really hard games here on Eka's: Crazy Difficulty Spikes, Instant Deaths, Overly Difficult Platforms, Backtracking Hell, Huge Progress Loss, Unclear Puzzles, and some times the A.! just blatantly cheats. (Looking at you Blackjack) :D
This is not one of those games. It is very rewarding to those who take a little time to figure it out, and enjoy a reasonable amount of effort for their reward.
Truth be told. The digestion dialogues on here are some of my favorites on the whole site. I played the original for hours. The only frustration I have with the hd version, is I inadvertently escape too often trying to drag out the games to enjoy more dialogue or easter eggs. I hate to tell you but this IS the easy mode. I almost wish there was a instant death button so I can enjoy the game overs but I should shut up and earn my rewards too.

Ok, so first off, you are an exceptional player, truly exceptional, since only a VERY SMALL minority find the game too easy (that poll again, seriously, check it out). And because YOU find it easy, you can't understand how anyone else could find it hard, because doing well at this game comes so naturally to you it takes little effort on your part. But I do find it hard, I find it very hard, as do just over half the people playing it, and frankly, that's not fun. And guess what, everyone enjoys games for different reasons, no one reason is more valid than the other.

Secondly, I have better things to do with my time and mental energy than study and learn A GAME. I'm nearing the end of an engineering degree which I have to study heavily, I have both large scale art commitments for my own vore game as well as paid art commissions needing done, for which I also have to study references and practice drawing different species and characters. That is stressful, that is time consuming, that is draining. I don't have the time or energy to spend LEARNING A GAME just to enjoy its story and art. I'm not being paid to learn the game, I'm being paid to draw, I do this to unwind after drawing. That's all I want from this, or indeed any video game, to relax and unwind, not to study and practice just to play a game, I have enough studying in my college degree.

And on the ego front, I don't need to be good at a game to get a sense of achievement, nor do I need to demand everyone else play the same high difficulty I do so I can feel superior to them when they struggle. I'm a fairly mediocre gamer, I'm not too "proud" or "egotistical" to admit that, I really am not very good at video games. Between art, college and social commitments I just don't have the time to game anymore anyway. And when I do, I don't like having some guy who is far more skilled than I saying "This game ain't hard! You suck! Git gud noob!" Because they need the world to know how good they are at video games to help console their "poor fragile egos" :wink:
MarkusFreeman320
Participator

Postby pigest » Sun May 31, 2020 1:27 am

This really a great game :-D I enjoy this a lot.
Though there still some bugs:
1.When in zoey train it seems icluding Extended Zoey Mod,but after zoey sleep it can't work right.
2.Unbirth scence can't stop restoring hp after sleeping.
3.When second time meet GwAen alone Eva will follow and everytime meeting Gwen Eva's dialoge will apear.
4.I don't kown whether it's a bug,I can't find a way to escape sandy stomach.
5.When low affaction and high vp chating with eva,after gameover can't go back to tittle.It says missing file which I belieave is wrong name
And maybe system design need a lltle change,now escaping likely to be massage a lot of time lower stomach strength and maneuver out at one turn.Use of rest doesn't show.And Arousal rise really slow ,I never see it works.

Loking in to the file,I find there is an soulstone end empathy win end.I'd like to know how to find them.
(sorry for my bad English,I'm not an English speaker ^^; )
pigest
New to the forum

Postby Chaos3 » Sun May 31, 2020 2:35 am

MarkusFreeman320 wrote:
Ok, so first off, you are an exceptional player, truly exceptional, since only a VERY SMALL minority find the game too easy (that poll again, seriously, check it out). And because YOU find it easy, you can't understand how anyone else could find it hard, because doing well at this game comes so naturally to you it takes little effort on your part. But I do find it hard, I find it very hard, as do just over half the people playing it, and frankly, that's not fun. And guess what, everyone enjoys games for different reasons, no one reason is more valid than the other.

Secondly, I have better things to do with my time and mental energy than study and learn A GAME. I'm nearing the end of an engineering degree which I have to study heavily, I have both large scale art commitments for my own vore game as well as paid art commissions needing done, for which I also have to study references and practice drawing different species and characters. That is stressful, that is time consuming, that is draining. I don't have the time or energy to spend LEARNING A GAME just to enjoy its story and art. I'm not being paid to learn the game, I'm being paid to draw, I do this to unwind after drawing. That's all I want from this, or indeed any video game, to relax and unwind, not to study and practice just to play a game, I have enough studying in my college degree.

And on the ego front, I don't need to be good at a game to get a sense of achievement, nor do I need to demand everyone else play the same high difficulty I do so I can feel superior to them when they struggle. I'm a fairly mediocre gamer, I'm not too "proud" or "egotistical" to admit that, I really am not very good at video games. Between art, college and social commitments I just don't have the time to game anymore anyway. And when I do, I don't like having some guy who is far more skilled than I saying "This game ain't hard! You suck! Git gud noob!" Because they need the world to know how good they are at video games to help console their "poor fragile egos" :wink:

Thank you for explaining in detail why you don't have time to play games. (but you have time to argue on the internet) I'm sorry your life is stressful, but would you entertain the notion that the fact your current endeavors have you stressed and your time so limited that your current set up would not allow you to enjoy this game as it was originally intended.
Every piece of media is some type of art form that the creator chose an avenue of expression that would best to deliver the experience. Some are better as a picture to admire, a sound to be heard, a novel to be read, a movie to watch, a game to play.
Now lets focus on the game aspect. How much value do you get out of finding a YouTube video with the ending of the game and judging it off that vs making it there yourself. Lets say you watched a full playthrough, yes you get a small window of what the experience would be like, but the experience itself is forever lost to you. You don't get any of the surprises, any of the rewards, pain, love, or sorrow that comes from actually doing it. So much of why a "game" was chosen as the medium will be lost to you because you don't give it the proper time to evaluate the art.
Diablo, Dark Souls, Doom Eternal, heck since you brought up Nintendo, Zelda Breath of the Wild are monumental games that, with the proper appreciation, are life changing experiences and deserve so much more that casual watch on a lets play YouTube video. The struggle itself is meant to add the art itself so you can see the full picture.
I could describe in great detail what intercourse is like, show you diagrams and videos, but until you actually experience it for yourself you have no idea what it is like. That's what your missing out on by dismissing the difficulty of figuring it out for yourself.

As for the poll, being in the majority doesn't make it right. More people eat McDonalds Hamburgers that any other but that doesn't make it the best. Too many people want instant gratification and don't want invest any effort to get a reward. To them I say, Why are you expressing your opinion in the "Game" section. The picture and video section is right over there.

As for the ego thing you're missing the point. There is no leader board here. No vs. mode. other than by sharing save files or screen shots there is no way to prove your progress. I play games like this because they are enjoyable. While they are not the all consuming driving force of my life I understand the value many of them have. I have a family, job, soon another degree to earn so I have to be choosy and what hobbies I can invest my time in. If you don't enjoy games that require a time investment why are you playing games that do. There is Minecraft creative mode and Animal Crossing right over there. If you like, I can link you to a web page that says "you win, Congratulations!" The idea that all rewards should be accessible to everyone cheapens the rewards meaning. Same with art.

Take my advice. I have several games on my shelf and on my pc that I don't have the time to appreciate due to the time investment it would take to experience them. How about you put this one on the shelf for when your life quiets down. Give it the proper play through. And then ill be all ears to your critique.
Chaos3
Been posting for a bit

Postby MarkusFreeman320 » Sun May 31, 2020 5:47 am

Chaos3 wrote:Thank you for explaining in detail why you don't have time to play games. (but you have time to argue on the internet) I'm sorry your life is stressful, but would you entertain the notion that the fact your current endeavors have you stressed and your time so limited that your current set up would not allow you to enjoy this game as it was originally intended.
Every piece of media is some type of art form that the creator chose an avenue of expression that would best to deliver the experience. Some are better as a picture to admire, a sound to be heard, a novel to be read, a movie to watch, a game to play.
Now lets focus on the game aspect. How much value do you get out of finding a YouTube video with the ending of the game and judging it off that vs making it there yourself. Lets say you watched a full playthrough, yes you get a small window of what the experience would be like, but the experience itself is forever lost to you. You don't get any of the surprises, any of the rewards, pain, love, or sorrow that comes from actually doing it. So much of why a "game" was chosen as the medium will be lost to you because you don't give it the proper time to evaluate the art.
Diablo, Dark Souls, Doom Eternal, heck since you brought up Nintendo, Zelda Breath of the Wild are monumental games that, with the proper appreciation, are life changing experiences and deserve so much more that casual watch on a lets play YouTube video. The struggle itself is meant to add the art itself so you can see the full picture.
I could describe in great detail what intercourse is like, show you diagrams and videos, but until you actually experience it for yourself you have no idea what it is like. That's what your missing out on by dismissing the difficulty of figuring it out for yourself.

As for the poll, being in the majority doesn't make it right. More people eat McDonalds Hamburgers that any other but that doesn't make it the best. Too many people want instant gratification and don't want invest any effort to get a reward. To them I say, Why are you expressing your opinion in the "Game" section. The picture and video section is right over there.

As for the ego thing you're missing the point. There is no leader board here. No vs. mode. other than by sharing save files or screen shots there is no way to prove your progress. I play games like this because they are enjoyable. While they are not the all consuming driving force of my life I understand the value many of them have. I have a family, job, soon another degree to earn so I have to be choosy and what hobbies I can invest my time in. If you don't enjoy games that require a time investment why are you playing games that do. There is Minecraft creative mode and Animal Crossing right over there. If you like, I can link you to a web page that says "you win, Congratulations!" The idea that all rewards should be accessible to everyone cheapens the rewards meaning. Same with art.

Take my advice. I have several games on my shelf and on my pc that I don't have the time to appreciate due to the time investment it would take to experience them. How about you put this one on the shelf for when your life quiets down. Give it the proper play through. And then ill be all ears to your critique.

I must admit, the reason I'm continuing to devote time to this discussion is that I rather enjoy the civil discourse, especially since this is a topic I see pop up frequently and I like to say my piece. And the reason I so frequently refer back to the poll is because I don't think you fully appreciate that you are more skilled than most at this game. You talk as if anyone can complete the game with time and effort, when that is simply not true. This has been known for decades and is the reason why so many games have different difficulties for different players. Halo for example, a critically acclaimed game series has difficulty settings from the very easy to the ludicrously hard because the developers know not everyone is capable of defeating the game at the maximum difficulty, some people will never be that good.

And I respect your stance that the challenge is the core of all games that separates them from other media forms, but I beg to disagree with that premise. I believe that interactivity is what separates games from every other artistic medium. There are plenty of films that are hard to watch due to poor pacing and clumsy acting, but in none of those films do you have the opportunity to influence the outcome. There are books with such bad prose and grammar that they are nearly incomprehensible, and reading them is truly challenging, but at no point can you ever rewrite the book you are reading. Games stand out by the opportunity to interact and choose what you do. And on the subject of making the rewards accessible cheapening the art, the point of art is to convey a message, to portray an emotion, to emit a feeling. If you aren't conveying your message then you have failed as an artist. The greatest film-makers are the ones that can use every aspect of their medium to tell a compelling story to their audience, not to confuse them. You want art that doesn't give its rewards easily? Buy a Jackson Pollock painting, I assure you no one will know what the hell it's trying to convey.

Perhaps my favourite game of all time is undertale, it isn't the most difficult game, in fact it's rather easy. It provides very little challenge, save for the genocide route, you don't need to work especially hard to get through it, by your own metric it is instant gratification as the story is laid bare much of the time. In fact by your own testament the fact that nearly anyone can play this game to completion without much difficulty should cheapen the art, yet it is possibly the most impactful game I've ever played, and has once again received critical acclaim for that. What makes that game so powerful isn't difficulty, it's story, it immerses you in the story through your participation in a way no film or book ever could. The reason I refer back to nintendo games is that they were very simple games, you have a challenge, you beat the challenge. Modern games are stories in themselves, they are experiences beyond the gameplay. To say all a story centric game like this has to offer is a challenge is an insult to the time that went into writing the characters or drawing the art.

Admittedly I'm very biased in my views of what's important in a game, but I believe everyone can appreciate something for different aspects of it. There's a story in this game, and I want to experience it in an interactive way that I can't get from a book or movie. Will making me work for it cause me to appreciate it more? I highly doubt it, in my experience if I have to work hard for something I focus so much on "winning" that I no longer appreciate the experience, I get so caught up in the destination I miss the journey. So my point is that just because someone else enjoys a game a different way than you, why is that any less valid? Why should someone be denied the story because they can't beat the bosses? Why should a skilled player be allowed to advance through the battles just to skip all the dialogue? Why would making a lower difficulty option for weaker players diminish the story?

Give 4 different people a car, the first is young and appreciates the thrill of the speed, the second is older and appreciates the comfort of the ride, the third is adventurous and appreciates the freedom to travel it gives him, the fourth has a family and appreciates how much easier it is to take the kids to school and pick up groceries. Which is the most valid reason for appreciating the car? Should the family man be denied the car because he doesn't enjoy the speed? Should the adventurous driver be denied the car because he doesn't have children to take to school?
MarkusFreeman320
Participator

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game