Voraria (Terraria Vore Mod) V0.4.0 (Updated 06/06/20)

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Voraria (Terraria Vore Mod) V0.4.0 (Updated 06/06/20)

Postby TheSignPainter » Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:42 pm

Nomad_Zeke wrote:Question based in trello board... for currently doing at the bottom... is that saying if you die to digestion you lose all that stuff permanently? If so can that be toggled? Seems like it'd be a line between medium and hard core. Not permanent death but setback a bit

Yeppers peppers, that's the intention, and I have no idea if I'll make it toggleable because I've spent the past like two days trying to get it to WORK. Blame the relevant method refusing to allow me to use IL on it. |:T

...also, nobody plays on Mediumcore. So honestly I...don't think most people are gonna care, although if people really want it toggleable I'll see what I can do once I've confirmed the damn thing actually wants to play nice.
- Sincerely, the Sign Painter
TheSignPainter
Somewhat familiar

Postby Nomad_Zeke » Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:50 pm

AtmosRobot wrote:I have a weird question. As I'm playing this mod, I'll be digging underground and minding my own business when suddenly I'll hear someone/something offscreen swallowing another entity. It's usually something very distinctly to the left or to the right of my character. For the life of me, I can never figure out what mob is doing that. Does anyone what what I'm talking about?

I think it's usually a monster eating an 'ambient' critter like a worm or something, I see it happen a bit with the truffle worm.

TheSignPainter wrote:
Nomad_Zeke wrote:Question based in trello board... for currently doing at the bottom... is that saying if you die to digestion you lose all that stuff permanently? If so can that be toggled? Seems like it'd be a line between medium and hard core. Not permanent death but setback a bit

Yeppers peppers, that's the intention, and I have no idea if I'll make it toggleable because I've spent the past like two days trying to get it to WORK. Blame the relevant method refusing to allow me to use IL on it. |:T

...also, nobody plays on Mediumcore. So honestly I...don't think most people are gonna care, although if people really want it toggleable I'll see what I can do once I've confirmed the damn thing actually wants to play nice.

Clarification, so say you got eaten by the sand elemental on easy mode, would normally have dropped 3 gold, that's just gone, it doesn't extrapolate to higher difficulty modes, right?
IMO customization is a huge part of what people enjoy with mods like this, so it wouldn't hurt. Though aren't death/explosions/chunks toggleable under vanilla terraria settings? Seems like it'd be easier to turn that off than integrate it into a mod.

As another note, the monster girl enemies mod does a good bit of work to change things like spiders into dryders, unicorns into centaur(ess?)s, would that be something to work with, or being in the official mod browser we best not?
Looking for RP:
http://aryion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f ... 68#p419268

Someday we'll look back on all this and plow into a parked car.
Nomad_Zeke
Participator

Postby EaArachnee » Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:57 pm

AtmosRobot wrote:I have a weird question. As I'm playing this mod, I'll be digging underground and minding my own business when suddenly I'll hear someone/something offscreen swallowing another entity. It's usually something very distinctly to the left or to the right of my character. For the life of me, I can never figure out what mob is doing that. Does anyone what what I'm talking about?

i'm pretty sure it's just a hostile mob running into and eating a critter like a snail or a bug. the same thing happens to surface critters like rabbits too, with zombies and slimes running into and eating them.
EaArachnee
New to the forum

Postby TheSignPainter » Thu Jun 25, 2020 12:14 am

Nomad_Zeke wrote:Clarification, so say you got eaten by the sand elemental on easy mode, would normally have dropped 3 gold, that's just gone, it doesn't extrapolate to higher difficulty modes, right?
IMO customization is a huge part of what people enjoy with mods like this, so it wouldn't hurt. Though aren't death/explosions/chunks toggleable under vanilla terraria settings? Seems like it'd be easier to turn that off than integrate it into a mod.

As another note, the monster girl enemies mod does a good bit of work to change things like spiders into dryders, unicorns into centaur(ess?)s, would that be something to work with, or being in the official mod browser we best not?

In a word, yeah. With this theoretical feature on, any coins (or items, for Mediumcore or Hardcore characters) that would be dropped by a digested player will simply cease to exist, rather than being dropped as items.
While yes, Blood and Gore is a setting in vanilla Terraria, the issue is that it doesn't make sense for a digested player to still show the deathbits, drop a tombstone, or make a death sound (the belch of a satisfied predator is more than enough to convey death, I feel) when they die. It's really more for immersion/completeness' sake than anything else.

ALSO...Monster Girl Enemies would be nice to work with, and it being in the official mod browser is no issue --- it's really just the fact that it requires extra spritework which I don't think a whole lot of people are focused on at the moment. Personally, though, I'd love to get eaten by some of those monstergals...they certainly look better to stay in than their vanilla counterparts, that's for damn sure. =)
TheSignPainter
Somewhat familiar

Postby Sif » Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:00 am

There's a mod for mediumcore where when you die, instead of dropping all your items, it spawns a persistent ghost where you died (it stays even if you leave the world) that holds all your items for you. It even puts them back where they were and remembers if they were favorited or not. Only reason I decided to start up a new mediumcore character recently. It makes mediumcore much less of a hassle, since you have no real limit on getting your items back and don't need to worry about leaving the world, voluntarily or not. Honestly would recommend it to anyone interested in trying out a mediumcore character. I would assume since it doesn't drop your items to the floor they wouldn't be lost if you got digested? Either way a toggle would definitely be a welcome addition if you could implement one.

(The mod I'm referencing is "Mediumcore Ghost Inventories" for anyone interested)
Sif
Been posting for a bit

Postby ArgobargSoup » Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:14 am

There's a Skeleton Merchant friendly NPC that sometimes spawns underground. That might be the source of that swallowing noise!
I be fulla sharp things.
ArgobargSoup
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Turbotowns » Thu Jun 25, 2020 7:17 pm

I don't remember if it's been mentioned yet or not, but any chance for there to be some amount of weight gain from eating certain number of meals? I'd personally LOVE to feed myself to my favorite NPCs repeatedly and get their obesity as payoff!
Turbotowns
???

Postby Nomad_Zeke » Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:02 pm

I'm fairly certain that would require sprite-work as there's not really 'weight' to creatures in terraria as far as I know.
Looking for RP:

Nomad_Zeke
Participator

Postby princejaxonhellsing » Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:50 pm

I've sadly been bored these past few days as I can't find myself playing the vore mod or any other game I have or modding fallout 4 again or adding more mods for skyrim.... I've fallen into a hole and it seems I can't do anything to not be bored.... any ideas of what I should do? ; w ;
princejaxonhellsing
Somewhat familiar

Postby Turbotowns » Sat Jun 27, 2020 9:11 pm

princejaxonhellsing wrote:I've sadly been bored these past few days as I can't find myself playing the vore mod or any other game I have or modding fallout 4 again or adding more mods for skyrim.... I've fallen into a hole and it seems I can't do anything to not be bored.... any ideas of what I should do? ; w ;

I know the feeling. Try finding something else to do/play until the burnout cools down?
Turbotowns
???

Postby ardnMCER » Sun Jun 28, 2020 4:10 am

Will this only contain OV?
ardnMCER
New to the forum

Postby TheSignPainter » Sun Jun 28, 2020 8:40 am

ardnMCER wrote:Will this only contain OV?

Judging from the multiple different types of vore mentioned as things that will be done on the Trello, I'd say it'll contain more than just oral. :p

Turbotowns wrote:I don't remember if it's been mentioned yet or not, but any chance for there to be some amount of weight gain from eating certain number of meals? I'd personally LOVE to feed myself to my favorite NPCs repeatedly and get their obesity as payoff!

This isn't really difficult as much as it's just stupid levels of tedious. It'd almost certainly require multiple stages of fats for each NPC, and the style of Terraria's town NPCs does not lend itself very well to fats at all. Nonetheless, I threw it on the Trello, one of us might fully commit to it at some point. Hopefully.
TheSignPainter
Somewhat familiar

Postby MichaelDaFloof » Sun Jun 28, 2020 11:38 pm

Im having trouble with the mob. I can't get anything to eat me nor can i eat anyone
MichaelDaFloof
New to the forum

Postby Nomad_Zeke » Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:52 am

MichaelDaFloof wrote:Im having trouble with the mob. I can't get anything to eat me nor can i eat anyone

Did you change any options away from the defaults?
Looking for RP:

Nomad_Zeke
Participator

Postby pastaria » Thu Jul 02, 2020 1:40 pm

(I'am not English speaker, partly use google translation for this post.)
Hello! it's my first post.
I enjoy and excited this mod very much.
Maybe i found crush issue, First, use Throat Amulet Directly from inventory(not hotbar) and eat Critters, and when try digest them, terraria is crushed.

And i have two question(or request).
1.Harmless critters(Like are Bunny) can be digest players? I try activate buff from hunger charm and be eaten them, But looks like they can't deal any damage.
2.Bosses can be eat players? i try throat Talisman same times but guess it dosen't work. Bosses predators are very attractive to me.
If I would be very happy if these could be possible.

I cant use English well and i can't see all posts, If this is Already mentioned issue and question or same Inaccurate post, I'm sorry.
I'll Looking forward to the next version. Thank you!
pastaria
New to the forum

Postby Sif » Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:28 pm

pastaria wrote:(I'am not English speaker, partly use google translation for this post.)
Maybe i found crush issue, First, use Throat Amulet Directly from inventory(not hotbar) and eat Critters, and when try digest them, terraria is crushed.

1.Harmless critters(Like are Bunny) can be digest players? I try activate buff from hunger charm and be eaten them, But looks like they can't deal any damage.
2.Bosses can be eat players? i try throat Talisman same times but guess it dosen't work. Bosses predators are very attractive to me.

I cant use English well and i can't see all posts, If this is Already mentioned issue and question or same Inaccurate post, I'm sorry.

(You should state which language you speak natively. Some of the people here are fluent in other languages.)

Sounds to me like you attempted to move the amulet after eating something. This is a known issue that many people have encountered. It causes the game to crash, or abruptly close if you attempt to move it while you have prey.

1. Currently there is no tag for critters specifically, although there will be in 0.5.0. However critters can still digest you if you have your settings set correctly.
2. Bosses have been disabled as both predators and prey, due to potentially serious issues.

I assume you are using version 0.4.0? This is the latest one and the one you should be using. While there is currently no list of known bugs, many known bugs, as well as future updates, can be found here: https://trello.com/b/kSwGDF9g/voraria-development.

The mods settings can be found in either the mod list, or in-game:
Attachments
voraria config.png
Sif
Been posting for a bit

Postby pastaria » Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:52 am

Sif wrote:
pastaria wrote:(I'am not English speaker, partly use google translation for this post.)

(You should state which language you speak natively. Some of the people here are fluent in other languages.)

Sounds to me like you attempted to move the amulet after eating something. This is a known issue that many people have encountered. It causes the game to crash, or abruptly close if you attempt to move it while you have prey.

1. Currently there is no tag for critters specifically, although there will be in 0.5.0. However critters can still digest you if you have your settings set correctly.
2. Bosses have been disabled as both predators and prey, due to potentially serious issues.

I assume you are using version 0.4.0? This is the latest one and the one you should be using. While there is currently no list of known bugs, many known bugs, as well as future updates, can be found here: https://trello.com/b/kSwGDF9g/voraria-development.

The mods settings can be found in either the mod list, or in-game:

Thx for reply, I understand.
I'm using version 0.4.0 with almost default mod setting(disabled same sounds). and i try again but critters still can't digest ours.
I think all characters can digest all characters with default setting. i'm Wrong something ?
By the way i am Japanese.

I send screen shot too.
(do not care about unloaded Items, I just disabled other mods for test with vanilla + voraria)
Attachments
2020-07-03 (1).png
pastaria
New to the forum

Postby calin22 » Fri Jul 03, 2020 10:55 am

I know this is kinda a silly question. I haven’t played Terraria modded before, and all the answers online seem to be pretty old and uncertain. If I play with this mod will I still be able to unlock achievements (asking the serious questions here). ^^;
EAT ME, FIGHT ME, GIVE ME A HUG!!!
calin22
Somewhat familiar

Postby TheSignPainter » Fri Jul 03, 2020 11:31 am

calin22 wrote:I know this is kinda a silly question. I haven’t played Terraria modded before, and all the answers online seem to be pretty old and uncertain. If I play with this mod will I still be able to unlock achievements (asking the serious questions here). ^^;

tModLoader's Steam release is a separate entity from base Terraria, so no. You will be unable to earn achievements while playing modded.
TheSignPainter
Somewhat familiar

Postby Sif » Fri Jul 03, 2020 5:25 pm

pastaria wrote:Thx for reply, I understand.
I'm using version 0.4.0 with almost default mod setting(disabled same sounds). and i try again but critters still can't digest ours.
I think all characters can digest all characters with default setting. i'm Wrong something ?
By the way i am Japanese.

I send screen shot too.
(do not care about unloaded Items, I just disabled other mods for test with vanilla + voraria)

You are actually correct. They definitely can digest prey in 0.3.0 as I just tested it, but it seems in the latest version of 0.4.0 they cannot. Likely a bug since default should allow anything to digest and be digested.
Sif
Been posting for a bit

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game