NEW RELEASE 1/28 - At Her Mercy -v 0.25

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

NEW RELEASE 1/28 - At Her Mercy -v 0.25

Postby VNwriter00x » Wed Mar 18, 2020 2:25 am

Hello Everyone,

THE LATEST PUBLIC RELEASE IS NOW AVAILABLE - VERSION 0.25 - ALL NEW SCENES IN THE NEIGHBOR'S HOUSE INCLUDING A THREESOME WITH CHLOE (INCLUDING ORAL VORE). THERE ARE ALSO NEWLY ADDED ANAL VORE SCENES, A CUM TRANSFORMATION SCENE AND OTHER DEMISE SCENES. BE AWARE THAT THE GAME IS STILL OBVIOUSLY NOT COMPLETE, SO THERE WILL BE SOME PARTS WHERE YOU WILL REACH AN "END OF BUILD" STATEMENT AND BE RETURNED TO THE MAIN MENU. YOU CAN ALWAYS GO BACK IN THE GAME OR YOU CAN JUST MAKE FREQUENT SAVES ALONG THE WAY.

To get to the new scenes in version 0.25, you must agree to do your mother's favor, visit Chloe in her bedroom, and then agree to do her favor (visit Shelly) right away. Please be aware that the Shelly's house section of the game is still incomplete, so you may find several "end of current build" statements after making choices - you can just go backwards to get out of these. I do not have anything set up to "save you" (make a choice to restart the scene) in Shelly's House yet, so you might want to make a save of the game once you get there. In my next update, there will be other ways to get to Shelly's House, but the above is still the only way at the moment.

Version 0.25 of “At Her Mercy,” a game / visual novel that centers on a young male character (the person playing the game) who has been cursed by the woman who he has been sleeping with after she discovers he already has a girlfriend. He now must navigate through an array of women who have the ability to magically manipulate him to fulfill whatever evil desire they might have, including his sisters, his mother, a store clerk, his next door neighbors and a neighbor's girlfriend. The new links to the game are below.

HERE IS SOME OF THE NEWEST ART:
Spoiler: show
chloe_ssw3.jpg
chloe_ss19.jpg
summerjump9.jpg
summerjump7.jpg

The title image:
Title.jpg

Walk through for version 0.12 (just the earliest scenes) - so you can find all of the "special" scenes.
Below is a basic walk through if you are looking to get to all of the “special” scenes in the first section of the game (you are on your own in Shelly's House)

Melissa Special Scenes
Oral Vore Scene – After encountering Melissa in the living room, tell her that something is bothering you and then tell her that you have been cursed by a gypsy.
With Mom (see below)

Chloe Special Scenes
After encountering her in her bedroom
Inanimate Transformation scene – when she asks you for a favor, tell her that you probably shouldn’t because you have been cursed by a gypsy.

Giantess / Crush / Flattening scene – To the first question give either the first or third answer, to the second question give either the first or second answer and when she asks for a favor, respond with the third answer and then tell her she is a pain in the ass.

Mom Special Scenes
After encountering Mom in the kitchen
Oral Vore scene – tell her that you had an awful day, tell her that she won’t believe you, tell her about the curse and then lie to her.

Transformation / Vore Scene with Melissa – do all of the above except don’t lie – tell her the truth. She will then ask you for a favor. Get more information and then visit Melissa in the living room. Tell Melissa that Mom wants you to buy a gift for her and ask for her favorite fragrance.

Lizzy Special Scenes –
You first must get to the store after visiting Mom in the kitchen and doing the favor for her.
Oral Vore scene - There are a couple different ways to get to the vore scene, but this is the most direct: After encountering Lizzy in the store, avoid looking at her and tell her you are fine, apologize and then tell her about the curse.

Insertion and Cum Transformation – Avoid looking at her and tell her you are fine, ignore her and start looking for merchandise, ask her for help, tell her you don’t have time for this and to just do her job.

Sex scene – flirt with her, tell her you are enjoying talking to her, tell her she is a knockout, tell her that you are looking for a gift for your sister and then go in the back with her – after sex, if you tell her that you have a girlfriend you will go to the vore scene.

Contains: Nudity (obviously), family members but no incest, F/M, oral vore, digestion, insertion, shrinking, inanimate transformation, unbirth, crush

You can find version 0.25 of the pc/Windows version of the game here https://mega.nz/file/jiYnFQgZ#WK4kzLBGM ... g0a9jvWroc

You can find the Mac version of 0.25 here https://mega.nz/file/PuY10CRR#9nFEOO4Ra ... La68IVPU4o

I have put a lot of time into this game, but really need to get more support on Patreon to keep it going at an acceptable pace. If you like what I have created and would like to see more, please consider supporting me at Patreon. Patrons get first access to the newest releases (typically a month or more before anyone else) - https://www.patreon.com/VNwriter00x

I would love to hear what you think! Again, it is just an early build and I am already planning the coming scenes.
Attachments
Mommy is Hungry.jpg
Last edited by VNwriter00x on Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:25 pm, edited 19 times in total.
VNwriter00x
Been posting for a bit

Re: At Her Mercy - v 0.1 - New Game

Postby ryanshowseason3 » Thu Mar 19, 2020 6:40 am

You should consider disabling the rollback feature so players can't undo decisions by scrolling backwards. I assume you added a time reverse feature for a reason so it would make sense to not have the built in one available.
ryanshowseason3
???

Postby VNwriter00x » Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:32 am

Good idea. I will do that. Thanks.
VNwriter00x
Been posting for a bit

Postby forumlurker » Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:49 am

Well even if you remove the rollback option people can just load older saves. If that wasn't possible, the game wouldn't be user friendly anymore.

But apart from the paradox, I do like what you have already! I think I found all scenes already; just hoping to see more vore in the future :gulp: :D
forumlurker
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby ryanshowseason3 » Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:36 am

forumlurker wrote:Well even if you remove the rollback option people can just load older saves. If that wasn't possible, the game wouldn't be user friendly anymore.

But apart from the paradox, I do like what you have already! I think I found all scenes already; just hoping to see more vore in the future :gulp: :D

Then delete saves after load. Only allow a single save slot so the story only progresses forward. It's possible with renpy I believe. Just all depends on how they want the gameplay to be. A one directional situation where choices matter sacrificing convenience. Or making convenience paramount.

Always choices to be made in game development.
ryanshowseason3
???

Postby VNwriter00x » Thu Mar 19, 2020 4:58 pm

I know that when I play a game like this, I prefer to find all of the demise scenes and then I try to find the path to move forward (so I can get to more character demise scenes). But, I know others are trying to win the game, avoiding those scenes if they can. So, yes, many choices to be made in development. There is a point system in place keeping track of the girls’ displeasure/uncertainty, so I am assuming that this would stay in place even if a player moves backwards during game play, making it more difficult to win. I could be wrong about that though.

What do you think about the straight choice directed game path? Is it enough, or should a I add mini-games or something like that?

I will definitely be doing more Vore scenes forumlurker!
VNwriter00x
Been posting for a bit

Postby SquishySofty » Thu Mar 19, 2020 6:56 pm

I'm quite a sucker for Ren'py related games, and i'm looking forward for more content! I'm a long time lurker, while seeing these games has always inspired me to make my own project! :-D

Suggestions and Shenanigans
The UI is quite simple. I mean, hey, so does my own projects. :lol:
Rollback is enabled, but i believe someone already pointed that out. There is a lives system in this game, and when Rollback is enabled, it makes the lives system pretty pointless.
Asking Melissa about her favorite fragrance gives an error (Not Defined). There is a capitalization error on the true statement on "$melissa_birthday = true". It was suppose to be "$ melissa_birthday = True". I do believe there are errors that I've also encountered, but i clearly forgot where it was.
If it was a full on dating sim, i'd most definitely love it! Though, most of the options can lead you to getting the wrong answer, and all i have to do was to guess which ones are true or not.
Surprisingly, all of the vore scenes are Ending based, mainly bad ends.
I was thinking like a fighting mini-game like in Shrinking Fun and the other Shrinking related games i was heavily inspired of, during the said Bad Ending route(s) (Not including the "End of current build" ending)
I would also expect like a free roam section where you can explore around the house. And then in your room, you can check the stats of said relationship and others. Though, i believe it would be very time consuming to code everything (I only know how to code the fighting scene, but never free roaming.)
On the Main Menu, you can disable the Title show name in the main menu screen (In options.rpy. "define gui.show_name = False")
Just noticed that all of the Source files like the .rpy, .ogg, .mp3, and .wav formats are left in the game folder. It's up to you if you want to archive all of those.
Not feeling so well, don't expect much of me...
SquishySofty
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby ryanshowseason3 » Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:57 pm

VNwriter00x wrote: There is a point system in place keeping track of the girls’ displeasure/uncertainty, so I am assuming that this would stay in place even if a player moves backwards during game play, making it more difficult to win. I could be wrong about that though.

Some of that can be rolled back if it isn't hidden behind python blocks or complex data structures. You should check by opening the renpy console while playing. I believe it is shift+o

VNwriter00x wrote: What do you think about the straight choice directed game path? Is it enough, or should a I add mini-games or something like that?

It's not a bad way to go. After programming my own game so much for complex minigames it is sorta refreshing to just have simple choices dictate scenarios. I'm probably biased.
ryanshowseason3
???

Postby VNwriter00x » Fri Mar 20, 2020 2:48 am

Just added a 3d image to the original post to show the potential if I decide to move in that direction. I think I will, but it will be more time consuming. Any thoughts?
VNwriter00x
Been posting for a bit

Postby wolfmeal » Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:54 am

Not just game design. I am working on a website for my job to assist in training and going through nearly 500 pages of code, 90 percent of which was written by me, to add or edit one thing, while merging pages together with HTML tags is also time consuming.
wolfmeal
Been posting for a bit

Postby secretish » Fri Mar 20, 2020 5:06 pm

VNwriter00x wrote:Just added a 3d image to the original post to show the potential if I decide to move in that direction. I think I will, but it will be more time consuming. Any thoughts?

Looks nice and would like to see more 3d images, but I'm fairly biased. I don't really like images of real people used with vore stuff (no offense to you or ryan). Pictures of real people with edited bellies looks odd to me, and the realism of the pictures clashes with how impossible vore stuff would actually be, making it harder for me to get immersed in it. The potential 3d image looks fairly nice, so would be fine with more like that. Note that this is just one opinion, so it's up to you which you would prefer to make.
secretish
Been posting for a bit

Postby SquishySofty » Fri Mar 20, 2020 5:42 pm

VNwriter00x wrote:Just added a 3d image to the original post to show the potential if I decide to move in that direction. I think I will, but it will be more time consuming. Any thoughts?

Maybe you should plan out your builds slowly, since adding original/unoriginal 3D models into the game is heavily time consuming as you said. Either way, it's better to have an improved content than seeing Beta/placeholder sprites onto the game. Though, i personally prefer 3D images than edited photos. :-D

To me, i think you should plan out a to-do list on what should be implemented into the future. This said goes to stories, bug fixes, future implements, and so on.
Not feeling so well, don't expect much of me...
SquishySofty
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby VNwriter00x » Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:56 pm

SquishySofty wrote:Maybe you should plan out your builds slowly, since adding original/unoriginal 3D models into the game is heavily time consuming as you said. Either way, it's better to have an improved content than seeing Beta/placeholder sprites onto the game. Though, i personally prefer 3D images than edited photos. :-D

To me, i think you should plan out a to-do list on what should be implemented into the future. This said goes to stories, bug fixes, future implements, and so on.

Yes, a plan is a good idea. My strength is writing, which I have been doing for a long time, so that part goes quickly. I already have two beg for mercy segments written (and coded), now I just need to do the art. I may complete those with 3D art and convert the art in the segments that were already completed as I go along. That way I can continue to move the game forward in content while also improving it. At the moment I have a few hours each weekday to devote to this project, although other things are looming (got to pay the bills) :)
VNwriter00x
Been posting for a bit

Postby VNwriter00x » Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:03 pm

secretish wrote:Looks nice and would like to see more 3d images, but I'm fairly biased. I don't really like images of real people used with vore stuff (no offense to you or ryan). Pictures of real people with edited bellies looks odd to me, and the realism of the pictures clashes with how impossible vore stuff would actually be, making it harder for me to get immersed in it. The potential 3d image looks fairly nice, so would be fine with more like that. Note that this is just one opinion, so it's up to you which you would prefer to make.

I know what you are saying (although Ryan’s game, which I love, definitely inspired me to try making my own). It is really difficult to manipulate photos to make the edited bellies look even close to believable, plus, the photos that I have the licenses to use are not the highest quality to begin with. 3D will let me actually show the vore in action, which I really like, and I am beginning to get the hang of creating it. Thanks for the feedback.
VNwriter00x
Been posting for a bit

Postby Seifens » Fri Mar 20, 2020 11:19 pm

VNwriter00x wrote:In this first build, I am using real photos...

A word of caution: unless you have a license that allows you to use the photos in a commercial product, you should probably stop taking donations until you either replace them or get appropriate licensing unless you want to risk takedown notices, having your patreon closed, etc.
Seifens
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby VNwriter00x » Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:33 am

Seifens wrote:
VNwriter00x wrote:A word of caution: unless you have a license that allows you to use the photos in a commercial product, you should probably stop taking donations until you either replace them or get appropriate licensing unless you want to risk takedown notices, having your patreon closed, etc.

Thanks for the warning. I did purchase the licensing on the photos that I am using, but I am probably going to transition to 3D anyway.
VNwriter00x
Been posting for a bit

Postby ryanshowseason3 » Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:54 pm

I personally like real pictures more but unless you have a knack for it or a process that gives you a decent looking result then it can end up looking sub par in the end. Also with photosets you're limited by what the photographer did.

I'd say 3D is the right direction for you. I've been doing manips for years now and can manage a halfway decent end product. I think you'll end up with something cleaner looking with 3D.
ryanshowseason3
???

Postby VNwriter00x » Sat Mar 21, 2020 7:46 pm

ryanshowseason3 wrote:I personally like real pictures more but unless you have a knack for it or a process that gives you a decent looking result then it can end up looking sub par in the end. Also with photosets you're limited by what the photographer did.

I'd say 3D is the right direction for you. I've been doing manips for years now and can manage a halfway decent end product. I think you'll end up with something cleaner looking with 3D.

Yes, it is difficult to master. Most of the photographs I did for the game I actually worked on last fall and I really had very little experience with it. There were many frustrating hours involved. I have gotten much better with Photoshop, but I kind of enjoy the freedom that 3D art gives you. That is also very time consuming, but I actually like the process more. Your experience with the manips certainly shows.
VNwriter00x
Been posting for a bit

Postby VNwriter00x » Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:28 pm

Just added an image from a potential future vore scene with Chloe in her 3D art form to the original post. Still needs to be refined, but you get the idea.
VNwriter00x
Been posting for a bit

Postby Journeyman » Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:12 pm

Went to Melissa's room about a fragrance:
Journeyman.
Journeyman
Advanced Vorarephile

Next

Return to Vore game