Vore Game Concept: The Mystery of the Vanishing Toads

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Vore Game Concept: The Mystery of the Vanishing Toads

Postby PervyLesbian02 » Sat Feb 15, 2020 1:23 pm

This is just a concept now, but if I can manage to get some decent enough art and programming skills, I may be able to make this into a full game. The idea initially came to me while putting away clean dishes, but that's unimportant.

The Setting
This game takes place in an alternate Super Mario timeline- not the most original, but oh well.

The Story
Bowser has heard reports of something... legitimately concerning, or at the very least, confusing, happening in the Mushroom Kingdom. Toads have been continually getting invited into Peach's Castle... and never coming back out. Peach and Bowser have ended up on relatively good terms after the Olympics and all those Mario Parties and kart races, so he brings in his newest and most promising troops- the Search Gals- to investigate. The Search Gals are experts in investigation, negotiations, and infiltration. The Search Gals are sent in to investigate the disappearances, and get to the bottom of things before more important people start vanishing- people like town officials, and those pesky plumbers.

The Gameplay
The gameplay comes in two different sections- Investigations, which take place during the day, and Infiltration, happening at night. During the day, you'll search for clues and evidence, explore Toad Town and the surrounding areas, and talk to the residents of Toad Town and beyond to get information and further clues and evidence to figure out just what the hell is happening. At night, you'll use your clues, evidence, and information to try to infiltrate Peach's Castle and explore in hopes of discovering what's happening to all those Toads. It won't be all fun and games, though- Peach seems to have gotten some strange new guards that are... unsettling, to say the least. You'll have to avoid these new guards while trying to enter and explore the castle- at all costs. The new guards are extremely dangerous at night, and will likely strike you down if they catch you. This leads to an important mechanic- the Search Gals themselves. As they're very new, there's only five of them. Each night, before infiltration attempts begin, the Search Gal you're playing as will inform Bowser, in addition to any Search Gals who may be remaining, on everything you've learned so far. That way, if one Search Gal is lost, you don't have to start from scratch. If all five Search Gals are lost, it's game over... and things will quickly go from bad to worse.

I'm hoping for this to be sort of a mixture of an adventure game, a puzzle game, a mystery game, and a horror game- hence the new, edgy, deadly guard things. The Search Gals could potentially be capable of vore- maybe as a bonus for clearing the story.
I'm absolutely open to critique, suggestions, etc.
k thanks for reading something I said
PervyLesbian02
Somewhat familiar

Re: Vore Game Concept: The Mystery of the Vanishing Toads

Postby Dracon_Kitsune » Sat Feb 15, 2020 2:07 pm

It sounds, ambitious. And as you don't currently have the skills needed for it, to be honest, I don't expect much of anything to come from it. Interesting concept, but maybe better for writing a story around then building a full game that will likely never get to the first demo.
Dracon_Kitsune
Participator

Postby PervyLesbian02 » Sat Feb 15, 2020 2:14 pm

Dracon_Kitsune wrote:It sounds, ambitious. And as you don't currently have the skills needed for it, to be honest, I don't expect much of anything to come from it. Interesting concept, but maybe better for writing a story around then building a full game that will likely never get to the first demo.

Hmm... you have a point. A story would probably go much better than a game... won't give up hope, though. I should try to tone down the ambition a little, though.
PervyLesbian02
Somewhat familiar

Postby Shadowblaze » Sun Feb 16, 2020 2:05 am

I mean, it doesn't have to be some perfectly formed AAA game, best to have fun and go for it whether or not it succeeds in becoming something playable or a written story instead. No need to limit yourself either way, you're just doing it because you want to- there's no arbitrary standard of quality to hold yourself to, and who knows? You might find you have a real talent for making games! And if not? Doesn't matter, can just make it in another form if you want to! It'd be a good learning experience whatever happens!

My point is, no point in discouraging anyone from even trying in the first place. If people don't try in the first place, then nothing ever gets made at all! Just have fun whatever you do, that's what it's all about anyway! :D
Shadowblaze
Participator

Postby PervyLesbian02 » Sun Feb 16, 2020 3:21 pm

Shadowblaze wrote:I mean, it doesn't have to be some perfectly formed AAA game, best to have fun and go for it whether or not it succeeds in becoming something playable or a written story instead. No need to limit yourself either way, you're just doing it because you want to- there's no arbitrary standard of quality to hold yourself to, and who knows? You might find you have a real talent for making games! And if not? Doesn't matter, can just make it in another form if you want to! It'd be a good learning experience whatever happens!

My point is, no point in discouraging anyone from even trying in the first place. If people don't try in the first place, then nothing ever gets made at all! Just have fun whatever you do, that's what it's all about anyway! :D

Heh... you're right. Even if it comes out at terrible quality, the important part is that I actually try. I just hope my memory doesn't decide to have a laugh at my expense by making me forget to try at all...
PervyLesbian02
Somewhat familiar

Postby OrcaVoreIsBestVore » Sun Feb 16, 2020 6:05 pm

Maybe someone could try something out with Game Maker Studio? I'm guessing the Search Gals would be like the Shy Gals?
OrcaVoreIsBestVore
Somewhat familiar

Postby PervyLesbian02 » Sun Feb 16, 2020 6:20 pm

OrcaVoreIsBestVore wrote:Maybe someone could try something out with Game Maker Studio? I'm guessing the Search Gals would be like the Shy Gals?

Ooh, didn't think of Game Maker Studio. I mean, hey, Undertale was made in Game Maker Studio, so this could probably be made in there as well!
And yup, the Search Gals would indeed be like Shy Gals. The Search Gals have outfits and masks specially made to be less creepy than those of standard Shy Guys, to allow for easier communications with anyone not in Bowser's army. They also have detective hats, because... why not? I also had a thought on how to get the game more attention- a non-vore version with an alternate ending, although that part might not actually happen.
PervyLesbian02
Somewhat familiar

Postby PervyLesbian02 » Sun Feb 16, 2020 7:29 pm

Oh hey, my silly concept has gotten over 1,000 views now. Nifty.
PervyLesbian02
Somewhat familiar

Postby OrcaVoreIsBestVore » Sun Feb 16, 2020 8:42 pm

PervyLesbian02 wrote:
OrcaVoreIsBestVore wrote:Maybe someone could try something out with Game Maker Studio? I'm guessing the Search Gals would be like the Shy Gals?

Ooh, didn't think of Game Maker Studio. I mean, hey, Undertale was made in Game Maker Studio, so this could probably be made in there as well!
And yup, the Search Gals would indeed be like Shy Gals. The Search Gals have outfits and masks specially made to be less creepy than those of standard Shy Guys, to allow for easier communications with anyone not in Bowser's army. They also have detective hats, because... why not? I also had a thought on how to get the game more attention- a non-vore version with an alternate ending, although that part might not actually happen.

I'd say make the new guards some Mario-styled monsters that could eat the girls. That way, you could keep the vore and it would make sense to the player. But the girls themselves...you could probably add the ending of them becoming monsters that eat people as a bit of a end-of-game Game Over-style Easter egg, like Cuphead did.
OrcaVoreIsBestVore
Somewhat familiar

Postby PervyLesbian02 » Sun Feb 16, 2020 9:19 pm

OrcaVoreIsBestVore wrote:
PervyLesbian02 wrote:

I'd say make the new guards some Mario-styled monsters that could eat the girls. That way, you could keep the vore and it would make sense to the player. But the girls themselves...you could probably add the ending of them becoming monsters that eat people as a bit of a end-of-game Game Over-style Easter egg, like Cuphead did.

Oooh, I like the sound of that. Maybe whatever's making the Toads vanish corrupts any remaining Search Gals and unleashes them on the kingdom?
PervyLesbian02
Somewhat familiar

Postby OrcaVoreIsBestVore » Sun Feb 16, 2020 10:32 pm

PervyLesbian02 wrote:
OrcaVoreIsBestVore wrote:
PervyLesbian02 wrote:Ooh, didn't think of Game Maker Studio. I mean, hey, Undertale was made in Game Maker Studio, so this could probably be made in there as well!

Oooh, I like the sound of that. Maybe whatever's making the Toads vanish corrupts any remaining Search Gals and unleashes them on the kingdom?

Could there be a way to rescue the lost Search Gals, so you'd have a better chance of getting the good ending? Like finding the monster that ate them and using some method of defeating the monster to free them? Or maybe the standard 1-Up Mushrooms?
OrcaVoreIsBestVore
Somewhat familiar

Postby PervyLesbian02 » Mon Feb 17, 2020 4:42 pm

Hmm... that could certainly work, Orca. Probably the 1-Ups, but if for whatever reason, another Search Gal is waiting close to the castle on standby, the rescue thing could probably happen.
PervyLesbian02
Somewhat familiar

Return to Vore game