Amalgamation RPG; Chapter 1 Beta (v9.5 Testing version out)

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Amalgamation RPG; Chapter 1 Beta Release

Postby Cribbey » Tue Feb 11, 2020 4:12 pm

First off, I have to applaud you for such an excellent start to this game. The world, story, writing, visuals, etc are all top tier stuff.

Some of my favourite things i've found so far are the different interactions you can have based on who or what you have with you and what you have already done to affect the NPC's dialogue.

An issue that I don't believe has been mentioned that i've found is that some of the items you recieve as rewards of quests/events are unequipable even though it looks as though they should be (one example being the shy girls glasses).

Other than that there is one thing I'd like a little help with:
Spoiler: show
There are a couple pictures in the game folder of the Cat Girl Merchant (Hikari?) with a big belly. Are these in the game at all? I've found every other picture in game except for them
Cribbey
Participator

Postby runeguden » Tue Feb 11, 2020 4:40 pm

Qwerty1994 wrote:First off, I have to applaud you for such an excellent start to this game. The world, story, writing, visuals, etc are all top tier stuff.

Some of my favourite things i've found so far are the different interactions you can have based on who or what you have with you and what you have already done to affect the NPC's dialogue.

An issue that I don't believe has been mentioned that i've found is that some of the items you recieve as rewards of quests/events are unequipable even though it looks as though they should be (one example being the shy girls glasses).

Other than that there is one thing I'd like a little help with:
There are a couple pictures in the game folder of the Cat Girl Merchant (Hikari?) with a big belly. Are these in the game at all? I've found every other picture in game except for them

yes but
they involve eating the first cow girl, not wanting to pay for it, and eating the rancher, then when you talk to Hikari about work or needing help, and you mention that she will run to the farm, after that she will have a big belly
runeguden
Participator

Postby DB1224 » Tue Feb 11, 2020 5:23 pm

Finally finished my first run of the demo (eating all I can), and damn that's good ! Keep up the good work !

So, for the bugs...

-You can recover ALL of the blacksmiths rewards an infinite amount of time if you have defeated the two slimes, at least until the other slimes aren't dealt with
-it lack...1 animation (SpecialArrow.jpg) and 2 sounds (Crossbow.ogg and Slash3.ogg) for the Ala's fight.
-After the drinking contest, if you unbirth the model of ??? stay on screen until you end a dialogue with anyone

Also, not a 'bug' per se, but a funny quirk of the damage formula, if you stack too much defence, the enemies deal 0 damage.
Legally it's questionable.
Morally it's disgusting.
Personally I love it.
DB1224
Participator

Postby GooInABox » Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:31 pm

Urielzael2 wrote:I have a three little suggestions.

First: Could you add that devouring soulless/different kind of soul beings give miniscule bonuses to stats (like e.g. 1 to hp). Afterall nutries from those beings are used to build thickness and muscles :)

Second: How about a little dark souls approach that some souls are more worthy than 1? We have pregnat mother in city that gives two, but still I think soul of some characters should be overflowing with power. E.g. soul of Lilith. Lilith is companion so for optimal solution is better not to eat her. But if her soul would be equal to 5 points it would have been more fun. (And more tempting to eat her)

Three: If you have party members I think they should be able to capture other bandit when they decide to split after battle.

P.S. I really enjoy this game.

I may consider having non-humanoid and/or Vindas Elven souls give other bonuses, but I will need to figure out how to best implement it. The 1 HP idea that you have might be a good place to start.
As for Lilith, I originally had most of the people that you ate give different bonuses (+20 HP, +4 luck, etc.) but that quickly got impossible to balance/organize so I moved over to the soul point system. Lilith originally gave the player +50 mana points, and I may decide to add something like that back in just for her as the compensation for eating the one and only game-long companion.
I was considering having Lilith help out for that scene, but I decided against it for time reasons. I may go back and revamp that scene after I deal with the other unfinished scenes.

Qwerty1994 wrote:An issue that I don't believe has been mentioned that i've found is that some of the items you recieve as rewards of quests/events are unequipable even though it looks as though they should be (one example being the shy girls glasses).

I just noticed that I didn't give those glasses an armor type, meaning that the player couldn't equip them. Thanks for finding that!

runeguden wrote:yes but
they involve eating the first cow girl, not wanting to pay for it, and eating the rancher, then when you talk to Hikari about work or needing help, and you mention that she will run to the farm, after that she will have a big belly

Alternatively,
Return the cowgirl and either push Sasha in while she's milking, or let Sasha finish and have a one-night stand with her that ends with you leaving with a souvenir. Anything that has Sasha leave the farm should be good enough to trigger Hikari committing grand-theft cowgirl, even if you eat "all" of the cowgirls (I imagine that the player missed one)

DB1224 wrote:Finally finished my first run of the demo (eating all I can), and damn that's good ! Keep up the good work !

So, for the bugs...

-You can recover ALL of the blacksmiths rewards an infinite amount of time if you have defeated the two slimes, at least until the other slimes aren't dealt with
-it lack...1 animation (SpecialArrow.jpg) and 2 sounds (Crossbow.ogg and Slash3.ogg) for the Ala's fight.
-After the drinking contest, if you unbirth the model of ??? stay on screen until you end a dialogue with anyone

Also, not a 'bug' per se, but a funny quirk of the damage formula, if you stack too much defence, the enemies deal 0 damage.

That blacksmith bug does appear to be serious, but I can't seem to replicate it. Can you provide me with the steps of events that lead to this bug please?
The animation and sounds should be in the version 5 update I just released today.
Thanks for finding that picture bug, the patch for that will roll out with version 6 when that gets released later. The debug book in your key inventory has a setting that erases all on-screen pictures if something like that happens again (and if it does happen again, please let me know where).
I still need to balance the damage formulas and the armor defense values so that the player always takes at least some damage, or at least an indication that the hits connected but didn't do anything.
GooInABox
Participator

Postby No-One » Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:28 pm

GooInABox wrote:When I was first starting off with game development, my initial plan was to have everyone be able to be pred/prey. I quickly realized how complicated that would be, as if you had five people in a room and you ate one, the others would have to have a reaction, and you would have to do the same for eating any single one, two, three, four, etc for all of them. My general promise for now is that for any NPC that is able to eat the player, the player is able to eat them as well (the reverse isn't always true, as this is primarily a pred game). Sometimes I leave NPC's out of player vore scenes because I have plans for them in future chapters (such as the Baroness and Catgirls). Some NPC's, like the pregnant centaur, may have special scenes for Lilith. Other NPC's don't have direct interactions with the player, and are simply there to fill up the world with life/lore. I'll write a guide later on that identifies who is who.
The player's got a long road ahead of them. If anyone's browsed the pop-up map in the Zenith Temple library, you'll know what I mean. I'll add scenes if they're heavily requested and they fit in the story, but I don't want to burn myself out trying to create the perfect town while never moving on to other chapters. Chapter 0 and 1 has already taken over 400 hours of writing, creating, rendering, and testing to reach this point, and it's going to take another hundred hours to leave Beta. Some of the games here on the forums have gone dark because of scope creep, and I want to avoid that for mine.
That harpy could definitely use a scene with the player though. I'll see if I can tie her in with another scene I was thinking about adding.

Oh of course, of course. That was just me saying something I'd like, not something I'm saying needs to be done to make the game good, or whatever. I fully recognize that you don't have all the time in the world to freely work on this, and the last thing I want is for you to burn yourself out on it.
No-One
Participator

Postby nukers1 » Wed Feb 12, 2020 1:27 am

maybe there could be a possibility for the main character to become a herm later on through a potion or something?
you can make it temporary or permanent.
nukers1
Somewhat familiar

Postby mnbvpoiu » Wed Feb 12, 2020 3:13 am

My goodness, what an absolutely stellar game! Amazing work. I appreciate that most things in the game are actually interactable for minor fluff messages. Most people don't realize how much this contributes to the feel of the game.

I, personally, disliked the 3d model images at first but they quickly grew on me. (Probably because the rest of the game is incredible.)
mnbvpoiu
New to the forum

Postby Ranorak » Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:33 am

Very new and interesting take on the main character and the story. I find myself enjoying what you made so far, even meeting with the various characters you meet along the way. :)

I am already a fan of the display showing your changes if you go all out with the vore. It's a nice touch. I've even played the game from the start again because of it. First is me being nice to folk but woundn't say no to a meal and then another where she is all out snacking on everything. :gulp: :roll:
Ranorak
New to the forum

Postby runeguden » Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:03 am

i would LOVE to see more milf preds :3
with the style of endo you have, both fatal and non-fatal scenes
runeguden
Participator

Postby Ryan-Drakel » Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:56 am

I realized something while I was at work...

The game's still in beta but I just can't help but get a distinct feeling....
*Spoilered for in-game data*

The 'Mirror' will be a key for the 'worst ending.'
That by consuming everyone possible, it will result in The Mirror taking the Amalgamation's body over and consume the very world itself... it'd lead to a 'genocide' and 'extinction' result.
My logic followed as thus...
1. The Mirror knows you. The Puppeteer.
2. The more souls/prey devoured, the STRONGER you get... as does the Mirror.
3. I'm feeling as if the game will pull a, what I call an 'Undertale Move' meaning... 'To get the best ending. You cannot eat anyone at all.'

Some would argue this is a fetish game, and they're right... but it's a rare type. One with STORY. a GOAL. a PURPOSE. a Buildup... Character development. Land development, lots of incredible lore...
Love and attention was put into this game, not just thoughts of arousal.
I might be overthinking this overall but it's still a possible outcome... [I still have no idea what role the Mirror will play... but I see 'IT' as an enemy.]
Ryan-Drakel
---

Postby DB1224 » Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:19 am

GooInABox wrote:That blacksmith bug does appear to be serious, but I can't seem to replicate it. Can you provide me with the steps of events that lead to this bug please?

Go to Petra -> talk to blacksmith -> ask for job -> go alone (or not) -> b(eat) the slimes into submission -> claim the two slimes -> move the wardrobe -> go back upstair -> accept the reward -> Don't talk about the hole -> Let's see the good goods -> become Death incarnate.
As long as you don't clean what's inside the hole, you can claim as much stuff as you want...Well, if you don't eat the blacksmith of course.
It work both alone, or with companions (even if the blacksmith is here when you move the wardrobe)

*Edit : done in v3, didn't realised there was a few updates. Actually downloading v5 to test again.

*Edit² : work in v5.

*Edit3 : if you eat the blacksmith you can still accept the shop right after being done with her.
Last edited by DB1224 on Wed Feb 12, 2020 2:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Legally it's questionable.
Morally it's disgusting.
Personally I love it.
DB1224
Participator

Postby TeamFortress2 » Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:53 am

So, 3 bugs I found:
-When you choose not to eat a cowgirl, their image will remain on the screen
-In the catgirl tent, you are able to enter the wall at the doorway.
-Above the first bandit you fight, there is a hill with a tree, you are able to get on this hill by walking into the tree

Small bugs, not gamebreaking, sorry if they were already found
TeamFortress2
Somewhat familiar

Postby Ryan-Drakel » Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:01 pm

I take it the Slime Goo has no use for now?
Ryan-Drakel
---

Postby Anesthetic » Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:19 pm

Wow. This came out of nowhere.

Stunningly far along, markedly light on bugs, shockingly feature full.

This is honestly an increadible supprise. Good Job.

Also all the bits of the story where the characters are actually talking to the player are REMARKABLY well implemented.

Each time it happened I was like, "WOW that's interesting."

Keep up the Fantastic work.
Anesthetic
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby empatheticapathy » Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:53 pm

Favorite vore scene so far: Manda pred scene.
I am way into the mighty (the amalgam) willingly and needlessly sacrificing themselves for the inconsequential (Manda); even moreso since you've got her dead-to-rights in that scene.
empatheticapathy
---

Postby UnsettledTom » Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:04 pm

The character seems to grow their breasts more than anything else at a faster rate. My opinion is reduce the breast size growth to be more in line with everything else.
UnsettledTom
Been posting for a bit

Postby Justaweirdo » Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:07 pm

empatheticapathy wrote:Favorite vore scene so far: Manda pred scene.
I am way into the mighty (the amalgam) willingly and needlessly sacrificing themselves for the inconsequential (Manda); even moreso since you've got her dead-to-rights in that scene.

After poking around and seeing just about every scene currently in the game, I've gotta agree with this. It's just so g o o d.
Justaweirdo
New to the forum

Postby Black_Knight » Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:25 pm

Justaweirdo wrote:
empatheticapathy wrote:Favorite vore scene so far: Manda pred scene.

After poking around and seeing just about every scene currently in the game, I've gotta agree with this. It's just so g o o d.

I am also a huge fan of willing prey (player) scenes lol especially if you have the upper-hand and then you just offer yourself up lol
Black_Knight
Somewhat familiar

Postby Azirovka » Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:42 pm

Barmaid (both of them) and the pregnant milf AV scenes for me. Also would love to see Lilith as a pred (maybe via some accident since she is unwilling at the moment).
Azirovka
Participator

Postby Quadruple » Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:43 pm

Some bugs I encountered:

-The Catian's inside tent doesn't have a hitbox so you can walk where you're not supposed to;
-The Elf girl's sister her mannequins don't have a hitbox;
-The Cow farm lady can still talk to you even if you have pushed her into a nipple (lol) if you take too much free samples from the cow named 'Calcium'.

Hope that's helpful.
Quadruple
New to the forum

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game