Amalgamation RPG; Chapter 1 Beta (v9.5 Testing version out)

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Amalgamation RPG; Chapter 1 Beta Release

Postby GooInABox » Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:24 am

@TinTan
If you decide to adopt Clyde, you might find them...
Spoiler: show
Back at your tent at the campsite. There's currently no scenes for them, but I've got plans for all that slime goop the player has been collecting.

Souls are going to be limited to the number of people you can eat. There's won't be a limitless conveyor belt of generic people anywhere, but there's going to be several new people to eat per chapter to keep you supplied. I'm thinking about having the soul requirement increase for each individual stat as they are upgraded in a later update (one soul the first 5 HP, two souls for the next 5, three for the next, etc.)
The chopping wood event could use more excitement (I would remove it entirely, but I didn't want the player to end up broke with no way of earning more money). However, I don't just want to do random encounters with people as that would lead to the limitless conveyor belt of souls that I mentioned earlier. I'll need to think about how I can provide a challenge without throwing limitless clones at the player, possibly a couple of harpies that harass the player but fly away when hurt or something similar.
GooInABox
Participator

Postby TinTan » Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:58 am

@GooInABox There will be interaction with souls what inside "Nona Me" like talk?
TinTan
Been posting for a bit

Postby Urielzael2 » Sun Feb 09, 2020 10:02 am

Hello found small bug with Archer bandit basically her atack does not load. Failed to load img/animations/ArrowSpecial.png. When I fixed it I got error with crossbow sound ogg. Than Slash 3. After fixing those no more errors occured. BTW in poll you've posted you mean you will aim for making character be able to becom BBW? Also great job on game.
Urielzael2
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby No-One » Sun Feb 09, 2020 10:31 am

I see in the poll most people want the player character to become horrifically obese. Can we get an option to choose between the current one and that one? Because I really don't want that one.
No-One
Participator

Postby GooInABox » Sun Feb 09, 2020 11:05 am

@TinTan
Aside from the one encounter in the cave, anyone you eat is staying silent. I was thinking about adding some sort of way for the player to interact with the consumed souls, but that would have been twice the work towards characters that have already played their part that could be going towards other characters in other chapters.
However, there is one individual that may pop up from time to time in your head, assuming you let them find you first.

@Urielzael2
Which version are you using? I just released and tested version 4, which should have addressed that issue.

@Urielzael2 & @No-One
The player only grows if they gorge on too many people, and there are/will be ways to loose weight so you can keep the figure you want. However, enough people have responded that they want to see different options, so I'll provide those at some point. I still want to provide all-around growth that isn't limited to the chest area (like it is right now) and I do want the maximum weight to be the very definition of Thicc, but I'll let the next poll decide when I get the next model previews up later.
GooInABox
Participator

Postby folomo » Sun Feb 09, 2020 11:16 am

I must say this is one of the best vore games I have played. Especially surprising for a beta. :o

Really well balance of story and mechanics that support the vore aspect, without any unnecessary elements to bring it down. :-D

The autosave is really well implemented. I had to lose almost no time in unnecessary backtrack when I pressed the wrong button (a common problem in many other RPG games).

I love the increase in breast size as a testament to how many people have become a part of the Amalgam. I hope there is a way to limit it since some of the biggest sized girls in the game look quite ridiculous. The fat 2 mana spell is a great option, I hope there is an option of fat 2 health for non-magic characters.

The setting also gives a really good reason to devour other characters. I really like the balance between adding as many souls as possible and the benefits of sparing others. I really liked that most characters you consumed were a "person" and not a blank slate.

And I found almost no bugs, and none was game-breaking!!
The only one I saw was the daughter reappearing after I added her to the Amalgam.

My only request would be for the digestion scenes to last a little longer. :p
Thanks for the game and keep up the good work :D

Is there any way to get the Alpha bandit and claim the Captain?
folomo
Been posting for a bit

Postby No-One » Sun Feb 09, 2020 11:47 am

By the way, that faceless... thing... in the dreams is genuinely unsettling.
No-One
Participator

Postby GooInABox » Sun Feb 09, 2020 11:59 am

@folomo
Thank you for the positive review!
For converting fat to health, the Catian trader in the tent in Petra sells several rune stones that give you spells, including a healing spell and a fat-to-mana spell. You can use the two spells together to turn your weight into healing. However, you may want to rely on standard healing items while in combat as this process takes two turns. I'll consider adding a spell that speeds this process along in a later chapter.
For the Alpha bandit and Captain Vara, I'm still debating on whether or not to have Captain Vara show up in Chapter 2, because (minor spoilers) the player will be unable to backtrack to certain chapters once they move on. For now, Captain Vara is off the menu. As for the Alpha bandit herself...
Spoiler: show
There's no way to win the last boss battle at the Cold Mountain border against the Alpha bandit and her sister. Even if you nuke them, they'll still beat you down and they'll get killed moments later by the Cold Mountain soldier. Part of this was to demonstrate that there's always a bigger fish despite your best efforts, and the other part of it was that I couldn't come up with a good scene where the player remains standing but gets taken down non-lethally by the soldier. If Captain Vara does show up in Chapter 2, I'll make sure she makes good on her promise as the player did technically play a hand in the Alpha bandit's demise.
GooInABox
Participator

Postby blaziken » Sun Feb 09, 2020 12:26 pm

just small suggestion from me
- i think longer scene is better
for example UB on first village on a mother and daughter's house
can make it like after UB scene of where mc got turned into her daughter or the daughter UB mc to be her daughter
then add few year latter setting on the village for a few stuff then , well might as well no game over until new born mc got vored in someway
^ totally bothersome yup

- sometime smaller would be nicer to brain and eyes
see those giant stomach, butt, breast
just personal opinion of mine, but making the victim in it get smaller would be nice too ( about same size as common pregnant )
if possible add some heartwarming scene too for it, especially pregnant UB

- the enemy quite op
without nuke probably i wont pass any area lol
preferably not eating everyone just for stats

- clothes
any plan for mc to get customizeable outfit? or any outfit at all
blaziken
Been posting for a bit

Postby empatheticapathy » Sun Feb 09, 2020 1:50 pm

In the maza woods, there's a tree north of the fairy which has a bottom half but no top half.
empatheticapathy
---

Postby No-One » Sun Feb 09, 2020 5:32 pm

GooInABox wrote:I'm thinking about having the soul requirement increase for each individual stat as they are upgraded in a later update (one soul the first 5 HP, two souls for the next 5, three for the next, etc.)

I would personally advise against that. The difficulty is already quite high as it is: every enemy you encounter has way more health than you do. If you eat everyone and convert all of that only to health you may be able to match them, but then you'll be weak in other important areas. Honestly, since we're playing as a creature that's supposed to be able to become world-endingly powerful, it feels kind of off.
No-One
Participator

Postby GooInABox » Sun Feb 09, 2020 6:06 pm

@blaziken
Longer scenes are the most requested feature at the moment, so I will definitely attempt to do more for future scenes in this chapter and the next.
I try to go for a somewhat-realistic size bellies (and other organs) when people are consumed, and I don't think I'm going to have any Hammer-space scenes, but it's still too early in the story to tell. When I add giants/amazons, their size should give them a pregnant-like bulge when they eat someone normal-size.
For clothing, I don't believe I'll be adding visual outfits. There's currently around 160 images in the game files right now devoted to the player's model (soon to increase to 200), and having an outfit that looks like it belongs (not just a graphic pasted over) would basically act as a multiplier to the number of images increasing it to 400, 600, 800, etc. and disk space is already a concern.

@empatheticapathy
I've must have walked past that tree several dozen times in development and I never noticed. You have a very good eye. I've made the fix in my development version.

@No-One
Currently the game balance is not that great, meaning some fights are push-overs while others are difficult. Additionally, I'm also taking into consideration the armor that the player can obtain and the companions you can recruit; if you buy all the good stuff from Kisana at the bar (there's at least one event that showers you in gold you can spend without any personal risk), you basically become a walking tank even without any stat upgrades, and your companions (Lilith or anyone temporary) act as distractions during fights at the very least. I'm not sure how I'm going to achieve the balance in the long run, but I'm thinking that I should implement that cost curve while also having fights only marginally increase in difficulty per chapter so that even if the player goes celibate on prey they can keep up with the difficulty using gear.
GooInABox
Participator

Postby kelay2 » Sun Feb 09, 2020 6:11 pm

This game is off to a fantastic start. I really enjoyed my first playthrough. Would love yo see some more scenes with the petara mother as pred.
kelay2
New to the forum

Postby Personad » Sun Feb 09, 2020 6:38 pm

Just want to say thank you for this game that distracted me from studying. One of the ones I had the most fun of playing.

I can only request something like a guide for the player to know what to expect from some scenes. (Not that I didn't have fun discovering, just a bit time consuming for me figuring out all the scenes.)
Personad
New to the forum

Postby GooInABox » Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:28 pm

@kelay2
Thanks! I think Rosa (the Petra mother) is feature complete and won't have more scenes added, but she won't be the last hot (and possibly pregnant) mom you come across in your journey.

@Personad
Whoops, I forgot midterms were coming up. I'm glad you're enjoying it.
A guide is definitely something that I want to work on soon. I'll see what I can whip up.
GooInABox
Participator

Postby GooInABox » Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:41 pm

Okay, the new player pose examples are up along with the new poll. I'll let it run for a few days and see what you guys think.

The previous poll results were:
28 votes for the new player model.
20 votes for seeing more examples.
15 votes for keeping the current model.
8 votes for just wanting big boobs.
13 votes expressing their concern at the number of images.

Edit: I should probably set an end date for the poll, shouldn't I? I'll let the poll run for a week and close it on Sunday the 16th.
GooInABox
Participator

Postby Act4 » Sun Feb 09, 2020 10:04 pm

Allow me to preface this by saying that I would highly suggest that to anyone who has yet to play the game and is on the fence about downloading it to most certainly give it a whirl, it already has several hours of game play and custom art already in it and is of very high quality make.

With that out of the way, I must say that this a welcomed surprise of a beta game and an excellent start! I had made a list of any spelling errors or bugs I noticed, but when I checked the thread I noticed that they have already been addressed and are getting patched. The only thing I've noted is that on the pop up map in the far south east corner there is a marker but no dialogue pops up, not sure if it was intentional or not.

But apart from the bugs and spelling errors I really do like the lore you've created for the world, the ancient Zenith civilization, the red week, the continents and the factions that inhabit them all gives the world you've built a believable history and gives enough information for their to be future plot hooks later on down the road that tie back in the worlds history. I'm suspicious that the Xiani threat is over or if there will be another invasion or resurgence later on in the game which could escalate into another war.

I do have a couple of questions for you though if you've got the time to answer them.

I'm curious about Ione, it seems, based upon the dialogue, she is a possible recruitable party member after talking to her in the cells but I'm not sure if that is planned or not.
In that same train of thought, I notice there are three seats at the camp I've found two party members that I can recruit, but I'm not sure who or if there is a third recruitable part member.

All in all I must say you've created quite an enjoyable and very replayable game. I thank you for sharing your game and for the hard work you've already put into it. I will be watching your future works with great interest and look forward to the next updates from you.
Act4
New to the forum

Postby GooInABox » Sun Feb 09, 2020 10:30 pm

@Act4
Thank you for your input and praise!
-For the pop-up map, I just realized that I didn't set that event to the same trigger as the other ones. I've fixed it and I will deploy a new version sometime before I freeze deployments so I can work on restructuring. (If you want to access it in the current version right now, try facing it and pressing the action key like you would talk to an NPC, and that might activate it).
-I won't give too many details on the Xiani, but I think I'm not done with them just yet. Maybe not another full invasion, but they're not just going to remain in the history books.
-I do have plans for Ione in Chapter 2 if you spare her in Chapter 0. I was planning on having a quest for her in Chapter 1, but I decided to take the lazy route and have the events that carry her to Chapter 2 happen while you're unconscious at the end of Chapter 1.
-The third seat is just for decoration, or perhaps as a reserved seat for the player (even though the player is unable to sit down). Your comment has given me an idea, however, and I have temporarily made the third log by the fire able to be passed through so the player can 'sit'. There's no events or pictures with it just yet, but I may change that as more chapters (and more campsites) are added. Lilith is the only recruitable permanent party member, and I don't plan on adding more as the additional optional dialog quips to conversations for multiple permanent followers may be a little too much work (as I experienced with having Kisana being a temporary party member).
GooInABox
Participator

Postby empatheticapathy » Sun Feb 09, 2020 11:26 pm

GooInABox wrote:I'm not sure how I'm going to achieve the balance in the long run.

I'd recommend changing some/many of the mandatory fights (and the behavior of lots of foes) depending on how many party members the player has. Different playstyles get different challenges.
Last edited by empatheticapathy on Sun Feb 09, 2020 11:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
empatheticapathy
---

Postby AngelofHell64 » Sun Feb 09, 2020 11:35 pm

Regarding the new poll I feel like the rear, hip, and thigh weight gain is a bit lackluster compared to the breast gain. From the characters we've seen so far there have already been some pretty large hourglass figures(such as Rosa for one thing, sans the pregnant belly) with butts and boobs of about equal size or at least close to it. Having the butt be so absolutely dwarfed by the breasts at max size seems a bit odd to me is all.
AngelofHell64
Participator

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game