Amalgamation RPG; Chapter 1 Beta (v9.5 Testing version out)

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Amalgamation RPG; Chapter 1 Beta Release

Postby DWU729 » Sat Feb 08, 2020 12:01 pm

Just started playing through, and it seems really fun so far, but figured I'd give you a heads up that the fairy casting spark was leading to some image loading error that locked the game up. She was dazed from a shovel hit while doing so if that makes things any different.
DWU729
New to the forum

Postby GooInABox » Sat Feb 08, 2020 12:02 pm

@justaname333 Thanks for the feedback! I'll do a pass-through later on for the text and see if I can remove the it's/its problem. For some reason, "it's" always seemed to be better to indicate possession than "its" for me, but I'll make the changes when I have time. Additionally, I went to the blacksmith and I believe I fixed the problem where the reward wouldn't show up if you backed out. I did the same for Hiji at the bandit camp and added the missing conditionals so that she remains trapped/dead. For the stat allocation, I'll add a menu option in the future to explain what each thing does, but for now I believe higher agility leads to your turn being processed earlier and more frequently in fights, and luck increases your chance of a critical hit. I have plans to introduce out-of-combat stat checks in Chapter 2, but that's still just an idea at the moment. Given that it's easy to turn your character into a demi-goddess in Chapter 1 alone, I'm going to have to adjust the values and maybe have the soul requirements for each stat upgrade get exponentially more expensive.

For everyone, thank you for taking a look at my game and suffering through some of my questionable design choices. I have limited time in the week to work on fixes, but I will try to push updates out when I am able to.
GooInABox
Participator

Postby GooInABox » Sat Feb 08, 2020 12:21 pm

@DWU729 Okay, I just found the error. I'm going to try and fix it, but feel free to use the nuke/surrender options in the meantime.

Edit: I found the problem, one of the plugins I used decided to replace all the different magical and physical animations with a singular one, which wasn't bundled with the compressed version. I'll do an edit of all the attacks and make sure they use the right animation, and upload it after I test it out.
GooInABox
Participator

Postby Nayko93 » Sat Feb 08, 2020 1:33 pm

Dude .. the display ratio :?
we are in 2020 on RPGM MV .. you can put it in 16:9 :wink:
French Boy
Nayko93
Somewhat familiar

Postby AwesomestPanda » Sat Feb 08, 2020 1:36 pm

There's so much content! It's great, thanks for posting!

As a heads up, the DL doesn't contain img/animations/StateDown1.png, so I had to copy it over from another RPG maker game and then it worked properly. I ran into this -failed to load- in the fairy fight in the forest. There were some sounds and other assets missing too so I just copied the whole img and aud folder and everything worked fine afterward.
AwesomestPanda
New to the forum

Postby jimothybarnes » Sat Feb 08, 2020 1:37 pm

It would be nice if you could compress the files down a little more to ease the download.
jimothybarnes
New to the forum

Postby RC8015 » Sat Feb 08, 2020 1:42 pm

The maza Forest Fairy has a bugged skill it seems. When she casts water last, the game responds with "Failed to load: img/animations/StateDown1.png.
So misses a picture for the animation. I just stole it from another game on my hard rive, so fixed it for me.
Good game until now though. Random angel, but oh well^^ Just wishes she lands on me.....
Nothing better than a warm, spacious womb to rest and relax in.
Posting necro memes below necro posts for fun.
RC8015
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby GooInABox » Sat Feb 08, 2020 2:13 pm

@Nayko93
I was about halfway through Chapter 1 when I realized I could adjust the display ratio. Unfortunately, doing so causes all the images and text boxes to be in the wrong places as they were designed for the smaller display ratio. If I were to change it, it would require me to adjust the size and position of every single image by hand and I would need to find a way for the text boxes to look natural. However, I do agree that the current resolution could be improved, and I'll try looking into ways to make the transfer easier on me. If I do end up doing this, it will have to be before I start development on Chapter 2 so that I have less content to readjust.

@jimothybarnes
The current game is about 2.5 GB (2 GB once zipped), give or take a few MB depending on how I deploy it. 1.84 GB of that is images, and unfortunately that number is only going to increase in the future as I add more content. Related to Nayko93's comment, I'm may consider decreasing the resolution of the images and increasing the display ratio until the pictures match the resolution. This will take time, and unfortunately time is not something I have of an abundance of so it may be awhile before I can get it done.

@RC8015
That's a known bug, and I'm currently working on a fix. Compressing the game on deployment leaves out those files because of a plugin that touches the battle animations. Hopefully I'll get a fix out today as this is a serious issue.

Edit: The Forest Fairy fix is out and currently uploading (Beta v3). I tried it out and it appears to be working, but let me know if it isn't or if I broke something else in the process.
GooInABox
Participator

Postby Nayko93 » Sat Feb 08, 2020 2:41 pm

well , played a bit and it look pretty good except for one thing , the vore stuff is a little boring ..
you eat something it digest in 1 second and it's done , same if you are eaten you digest right after , no pleasure during the process , no description , no conversation , no playing ...
I don't know if it's because you don't want this in your game or if it's because you are not very good at writing those kindd of scene , I hope it's the 2nd ..
French Boy
Nayko93
Somewhat familiar

Postby GooInABox » Sat Feb 08, 2020 3:01 pm

@Nayko93
I see what you mean, and I assume you're talking about endosoma. I guess my scenes have been a little bit too dine-and-dash, but when the player is the pred, it kind of has to be that way as they need to be able to enter a new scene without any hindrances (I know previous games like Nyan Adventures had the bellies stick around for a few rooms, but I always found myself repeatedly entering and exiting rooms to speed up the digestion process so I could eat someone else, and I wanted to avoid that in my game). I'll definitely consider adding scenes in the future (perhaps in the unfinished content of Chapter 1 involving the bar dancer and the owner of the blue house) where the player is prey and is spending more time in someone. Unfortunately, stomach digestion is going to stay instant, but I'll consider writing a few scenes in the future where there's slower womb/breast/ball digestion as they melt down.
GooInABox
Participator

Postby vore2412 » Sat Feb 08, 2020 3:47 pm

So I'm unclear about that one side quest you get from the bar where you're supposed to locate the vambraces. Where are you supposed to go? As far as I read it seemed like the woods but there is nothing there besides the elf girl house, the fairy, and the cave with the slime girl in it that you start in. So kinda unclear on that.
vore2412
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Azirovka » Sat Feb 08, 2020 4:09 pm

I have to ask are there any scenes where Lilith is the pred (except for the unbirth scene) ?
Azirovka
Participator

Postby GooInABox » Sat Feb 08, 2020 4:21 pm

@vore2412
The old cat girl Everice mentions that she lost her pauldron somewhere south of Petra near some trees. She mentioned that she didn't lose it in the Maza woods (to the west/left) or the deep woods(to the north/up). There's only three other places that you can visit that have trees and aren't the locations she listed.

You can find the pauldron at...
Spoiler: show
...the campsite south of Petra. You should see something sparkling in the dark near the tree line at the bottom of the map.

@Azirovka
If you talk to Lilith at the campsite (assuming you have recruited her), she might mention that you won't be seeing her consume others and she would prefer not to get into the details at the moment. There's a mini-chapter I have planned down the line (there's already some subtle hints as to where it will be) that goes into Lilith's backstory and might have her consuming someone else, but for the moment Lilith is going to be mostly a prey character.
GooInABox
Participator

Postby T653 » Sat Feb 08, 2020 4:29 pm

I'm so excited to see where this game goes if this is just a beta!

But I found a small bug. I went withe the straight on rout to the bandit camp and defeated the two guards, later eating the sleeping Hiji. After that I explored the forest and found the stealth rout, where I went into the house again, and found Hiji again after eating her.
T653
New to the forum

Postby GooInABox » Sat Feb 08, 2020 4:44 pm

@Tman325
Did you eat and digest Hiji, or just unbirth her and brought her to town? There was an oversight in one of the versions I uploaded earlier that forgot remove Hiji from the camp when she was kidnapped, but the fatal eating option should have worked. Let me know which version (Original, v2, or v3) you downloaded and what specific option you chose. I just did a test with orally eating Hiji, and followed the steps that you did, but Hiji remained dead on my end. If you are using v3 and she's still popping up, then I may need to perform further troubleshooting.
GooInABox
Participator

Postby Justaweirdo » Sat Feb 08, 2020 4:50 pm

This is pretty good, especially for a beta! I've gotta agree with what Nayko said, though, as slower, more detailed vore things is the good stuff imo. That being said, definitely looking forward to seeing where this game will go in the future.
Justaweirdo
New to the forum

Postby Ryan-Drakel » Sat Feb 08, 2020 5:05 pm

This game definitely tickles my fancy overall!
Only thing I'm desiring? More interaction with prey before they gurgle. [maybe some masturbating in pleasure]

but 2 I haven't discovered everything.

But I made the elf-girl happy! Achievement~
Ryan-Drakel
---

Postby DefinitlyOrginal » Sat Feb 08, 2020 5:43 pm

https://i.gyazo.com/83d95bfbf8a34d3609a ... 765fd6.jpg

Wooops.

(For context, this is her first turn, she isnt dazed.)
DefinitlyOrginal
Been posting for a bit

Postby GooInABox » Sat Feb 08, 2020 6:31 pm

@Ryan-Drakel
I think I know just the scene to add something like that. Chapter 1 definitely needs more endosoma and prey sticking around before they stick around for good, and I have a few scenes left to write before I call Chapter 1 a wrap.

@DefinitlyOriginal
Which version are you using? I uploaded several different versions today (day one bug fixes are always fun), and the current version (v3) should have that fixed. I tested it with both the water blast animation and the lightning animation, and it appears to be running fine.
GooInABox
Participator

Postby ikazuchi » Sat Feb 08, 2020 7:14 pm

@GooInABox

Awesome game so far. Took a short look at it in MV, thanks for not encoding it yet, makes it easier to see what you did and making suggestions :) Not story wise, story wise it is really great. The use of switches to make the NPCs react to the many different outcomes is awesome!

Please do not take my comments and suggestions as critique, I love what you did so far and if I can i want to give some helpful advice ^_^

Some things about the coding/images:

-About the image sized, I think there is a bit of overkill. At least for me, when i think about RPG Maker games, I do not think about 4K resolution. And you can safe more than 50% filesize that way.

-Another thing i learned when I wrote more complex stories.
It is always good when you put switches and variables in "blocks" and keep some "unused" in between blocks of them.
It makes it more tidy and easier to add things later on to already existing mechanics without needing to jump around in the variables / switches list. Especially with the high complexity and branching events as you are creating them.
ikazuchi
Been posting for a bit

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game