Amalgamation RPG; Chapter 1 Beta (v9.5 Testing version out)

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Amalgamation RPG; Chapter 1 Beta Release

Postby Erecant » Sat Feb 08, 2020 7:25 pm

I've got to say, this is a fantastic showing for a first release. Well done.

The choice to go with Honey Select for images is definitely solid, the engine gives you a lot of room for creativity. Your dialogue is pretty solid, and I can tell a lot of work has gone into even the random side NPCs. The little details like that really show through and make this come together as an impressive whole. The interactivity and such from even random things in the field is greatly appreciated.

It is probably too early to be commenting on plot, really, but the fact that you HAVE a plot, that is reasonably well defined and straightforward enough for the player to latch onto is leagues above some of what we have seen around the portal over the years.

I really like how much variation you've added to the different scenes, there's pretty much something for everybody. If I had one suggestion, it would be that the scenes wrap really really quickly, proceeding from consumption to flat tummy with only a few lines in many cases. This doesn't really count against you in my opinion, but I feel like it is a bit of a wasted opportunity. Given the quality of the scenes and writing in general, I would wager a guess that you could expound on things and come up with some good in-belly scenes.

Your Map Design is quite nice so far. There doesn't seem to be a lot of empty space, and there aren't too many branching paths to bore your players with over-exploration.

Altogether and once again, very well done, and a very strong beta release. I'll be looking forward to your progress!

--Erecant
Erecant
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby GooInABox » Sat Feb 08, 2020 7:30 pm

@ikazuchi
Yup, the raw image sizes are a bit overkill at the moment. I'm going to work on scaling them down, but I want to first resize the game window to 16:9 first, so I can figure out how many pixels I can throw away before it becomes noticeable in the game.

When I was first developing the game, I was using switches left and right for even the most mundane reason. I'm a little better at conserving them now, especially when a disposable self-switch can do the job just as well if triggered remotely through scripts. Chapter 1 is a mess, but it will be a bigger mess if I try to sort them out at this point. I'm probably going to leave a space of 20 blank switches between Chapter 1 and 2 as a no-man's-land and start doing proper organization in Chapter 2. Chapter 0, well that's just a coding mess that I would be happy if I never had to touch it again.

@Erecant
Thank you for the very positive feedback! I do agree that I've made the digestion scenes wrap up a little too quickly, but lore-wise it only takes a few moments to go from full to fat. I'll see what I can do to add some more lines of dialog in future scenes between pred and prey before the prey fizzles into nutrient soup, and I think I posted a reply earlier saying that I'll consider making the non-stomach digestions a little more prolonged as people are turned into cum/milk/slime.
GooInABox
Participator

Postby NemoUlysses » Sat Feb 08, 2020 8:18 pm

Thanks for the interesting game, it's really huge for a first release. Right now I wanted to report that the daughter of Rosa reappears in the house if you re-enter after eating her. I've uploaded the save folder if having the save file helps, the 16th one is before the event in my current playthrough.
https://anonfiles.com/T5i4deX6n8/save_zip
P.S. I have not fully read the thread but I've found only a match for "daughter" in the three current pages, I hope I've not reposted a known bug.
NemoUlysses
Somewhat familiar

Postby GooInABox » Sat Feb 08, 2020 8:30 pm

@NemoUlysses
Whoops, I'm not sure how I missed that bug. I fixed it in my development version, but I haven't pushed a new release just yet. Thank you for finding it!
GooInABox
Participator

Postby AngelofHell64 » Sat Feb 08, 2020 9:06 pm

I've seen just about every image and scene that seems to be in the picture folder, since I checked it to make sure I got everything, but...
Spoiler: show
I can't seem to find where you find the sex ed series of images at all.
AngelofHell64
Participator

Postby GooInABox » Sat Feb 08, 2020 9:41 pm

@AngelofHell64
Tialha, the Elf in the cabin in the woods in Chapter 0, has a bookshelf on the first floor with the book. I've just added a visual indicator to it in my development version so that it's less likely to be overlooked in future versions.
GooInABox
Participator

Postby R3X » Sat Feb 08, 2020 10:16 pm

Not sure if bugged or just unfinished, but
after pushing Sarah into her cow, drinking from the tap kinda locks you up.
Don't Panic
R3X
Somewhat familiar

Postby Ryan-Drakel » Sat Feb 08, 2020 10:27 pm

Bug report! Bandit "Ala" Has no 'special arrow' animation. How annoying.

Also.
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/233776984134647809/675912321268449330/unknown.png After dealing with Hiji, the Zzzs appear when I returned.
Ryan-Drakel
---

Postby No-One » Sat Feb 08, 2020 11:39 pm

So... is it bad if I just eat everyone I can? People are like "maybe you should try to build up allies" and I'm like "nah, food."
No-One
Participator

Postby Shugoki » Sun Feb 09, 2020 12:46 am

Jesus, there's a lot here for something that JUST dropped. It's great so far; I think it'll take a LONG time to do as many playthroughs as possible and see all the possible story content.
Fuck are you reading this for? Keep scrolling, fool!
Shugoki
Somewhat familiar

Postby Ryan-Drakel » Sun Feb 09, 2020 2:56 am

No-One wrote:So... is it bad if I just eat everyone I can? People are like "maybe you should try to build up allies" and I'm like "nah, food."

There may be repercussions. "Extinction" may be one outcome if she devours too many... the hunger grows strong and there won't be any women/alphas left... In the end, the world will become... girl-less.

... is it bad I can now envision an "Elven brothel" where people go for elf-girls looking to be titfat?
[might be a good way to 'plump up.']
Ryan-Drakel
---

Postby forumlurker » Sun Feb 09, 2020 4:09 am

there's a bug with the bandits if one of them uses a specific arrow attack.

I really like the game so far! Great artwork and great amount of detail, but I second others that say that the vore scenes are rather short. The moment something hits the stomach, it dies instantly which is a little too quick for me if you know what I mean.
forumlurker
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby No-One » Sun Feb 09, 2020 5:05 am

Ryan-Drakel wrote:
No-One wrote:So... is it bad if I just eat everyone I can? People are like "maybe you should try to build up allies" and I'm like "nah, food."

There may be repercussions. "Extinction" may be one outcome if she devours too many... the hunger grows strong and there won't be any women/alphas left... In the end, the world will become... girl-less.

If I can eat every living person in the world, including the coven and their amalgamation, I'd call that a win.
No-One
Participator

Postby TinTan » Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:18 am

Big breats fairy doesn't have water blast animation
TinTan
Been posting for a bit

Postby NeedADispenserHere » Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:19 am

I hope this game will not die as many on Eka because wow. That's good.
I really love it so far, and I can't wait to see more of it.
NeedADispenserHere
New to the forum

Postby RC8015 » Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:31 am

Petra guard hall the top right tile outside of the building on the hill.
You can walk over that plant and "jump" off and onto that hill from there. So.. problem with that tile and its pathing.
Attachments
Anmerkung 2020-02-09 143142.png
Nothing better than a warm, spacious womb to rest and relax in.
Posting necro memes below necro posts for fun.
RC8015
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby GooInABox » Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:32 am

@R3X
Thanks for finding that! Sasha was one of the first characters I added in Petra, and is thus one of the less well-programmed/written characters. I fixed the bug you mentioned and nipped a few others in the bud that involve that scene.

@Ryan-Drakel
The animation bug strikes again, unfortunately. I would rip out the offending plugin if it wasn't required for the visible battle turns. Until I've figured out how to gracefully deal with it, I've disabled enemy attack animations (just the visuals, sounds are still there) for now. Thanks for the heads-up on the Zzz's, hopefully they'll disappear for good with Hiji this time.

@No-One
Feel free to do what you like. I purposely set up the world to make being consumed something that most people hope to avoid, but also know might happen to them one day. If it makes you feel any better, the people you consume have a chance of being released at the end of the game if you complete your quest.

@No-One & Ryan-Drakel
Thankfully for the population of the world, the game doesn't take place on the world scale. The player is confined to the Vindas archipelago for the majority of the game (which if I had to give a size, I would say it's slightly smaller than New Zealand), and there's a Pangea-like super continent named Jhan across the ocean (not visible in the game) where most of the world's population lives (the green-haired elf sisters are from there, and Rosa's sisters moved there). However, nobody in Jhan will be safe if either the player or the coven's amalgamation goes Super Saiyan.
I was thinking about an Elven restaurant in Centria City, but that's probably many months, if not over a year away in development.

@TinTan
I could of sworn I fixed that. Anyways, v4 should have the animation visuals temporarily disabled, but the game shouldn't freeze up anymore (I say that now, but I've been wrong before). Unfortunately, these animation bugs have been slipping under my radar because they literally don't show up in my development version. The problem occurs when the game is compressed and any files RPG MV thinks are not used are left out of the release version, causing file-lookup errors.

Speaking of v4, I'll get that deployed soon. After that, I'm going to wait a couple of days for any more bug reports before I start adjusting the game window and pictures, as once I start that process I can't release a new version until that's completed and I have over 650 images over dozens of events to compress and manually adjust their location on the game screen (which isn't as hard as it sounds, it's just tedious.)

Edit:
@RC8015
Dang, and I was just about to deploy v4! No worries, I'll get that fixed in a minute and have v4 out within the hour.
GooInABox
Participator

Postby TinTan » Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:01 am

What I must do to keep slime (in bar and forge basement)?
TinTan
Been posting for a bit

Postby TinTan » Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:03 am

@GooInABox souls for increasing stats will be unlimited or not?
TinTan
Been posting for a bit

Postby TinTan » Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:07 am

And chopping a wood without danger it's boring, can you add entgirl or dryad?
TinTan
Been posting for a bit

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game