Amalgamation RPG; Chapter 1 Beta (v9.5 Testing version out)

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Amalgamation RPG; Chapter 1 Beta Release

Postby empatheticapathy » Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:59 pm

GooInABox wrote:I understand that nerfing the soul system isn't the most popular idea, but I feel like I need to do so as if a player goes through a couple chapters and decides to put all their points into defense, then they'll be literally unstoppable for the rest of the game.

Well, they'd be unstoppable, but also have a hard time getting any kind of offense going. Which seems like what a player who makes those decisions would want to accomplish. Is it really such a bad thing to let players achieve the goals they set out to?

GooInABox wrote:Speaking of the ending of Mass Effect 3, I feel as if a lot of people hated it because it didn't give the finer details as to the fate of the galaxy and all the people that we spent 3 games exploring and fighting.

I think it was less a question of detail, and more that the premise of the franchise is that all the little choices you make along the way matter - but then they actually don't because the ending is literally multiple choice. It was a question of the game not following through on its own promise, and arguably even betraying it.
empatheticapathy
---

Postby Slayerhero90 » Wed Feb 26, 2020 3:42 am

I might have an alternative suggestion for dealing with too much armor/too many souls into defense nullifying enemy attacks, if trimming the number of armor slots or changing soul level mechanics aren't how you'd want to handle it. I know you're familiar with Yanfly's plugins, so here's Armor Scaling, which allows for defense to operate on a diminishing returns basis.
Slayerhero90
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby GooInABox » Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:44 am

empatheticapathy wrote:
GooInABox wrote:I understand that nerfing the soul system isn't the most popular idea, but I feel like I need to do so as if a player goes through a couple chapters and decides to put all their points into defense, then they'll be literally unstoppable for the rest of the game.

Well, they'd be unstoppable, but also have a hard time getting any kind of offense going. Which seems like what a player who makes those decisions would want to accomplish. Is it really such a bad thing to let players achieve the goals they set out to?

GooInABox wrote:Speaking of the ending of Mass Effect 3, I feel as if a lot of people hated it because it didn't give the finer details as to the fate of the galaxy and all the people that we spent 3 games exploring and fighting.

I think it was less a question of detail, and more that the premise of the franchise is that all the little choices you make along the way matter - but then they actually don't because the ending is literally multiple choice. It was a question of the game not following through on its own promise, and arguably even betraying it.

-I understand your point, and while I do want the player to achieve a sense of unlimited power, I still want battles to have a sense of challenge even during the endgame. I want to achieve a balance somewhere where the difference between an eating run and a non-eating run may be being able to complete a fight in 10 turns rather than 20 turns due to the increase in stats. What I want to avoid is the player finishing fights in one turn, especially boss fights. As a different way of encouraging the player to spread their soul points around other than nerfing, I may consider adding a secondary use for the stats outside of combat in the form of stat checks to unlock certain scenes. God Complex has a couple of these scattered around and hidden in the background (such as the forest elf whom you can overpower with a high enough attack score), and if I were to implement these I would want them to be more transparent to the player so that the player doesn't have to play the guessing game at what is required to unlock a scene (the conversation checks in Fallout New Vegas might be similar to how I implement it). By having these stat checks outside of combat, players may be encouraged to spend souls or equip armor that increases stats they wouldn't usually consider a priority such as luck or mana.
-That part of ME3's questionable ending is also something I want to avoid for my game. I know right now my game is more-or-less a scene viewer that doesn't have too many requirements to unlock scenes, but I do want certain key events during the course of the game (The Mirror being one of them, along with others I haven't even introduced yet) to influence how the ending plays out and possibly if an ending is able to be played out at all.

Slayerhero90 wrote:I might have an alternative suggestion for dealing with too much armor/too many souls into defense nullifying enemy attacks, if trimming the number of armor slots or changing soul level mechanics aren't how you'd want to handle it. I know you're familiar with Yanfly's plugins, so here's Armor Scaling, which allows for defense to operate on a diminishing returns basis.

That looks very interesting, thank you for showing me it! I'll try to acquire and test it out sometime soon.
GooInABox
Participator

Postby Coolguywithhat » Wed Feb 26, 2020 2:05 pm

could there be a leveling system, like normal rpgs along side the soul system. you would still be getting stronger, your stats would keep going up and you wouldn't have to worry like the "I put all my souls into defense and so nothing can hurt me but now I deal like 1 damage" problem. there arnt a lot of fights in the beta so maybe you could get exp from doing quests too (delivering milk to the catgirls, bringing in the bandit girl's ring, getting the love outcome in the date, ect.) i don't know if this would work or anything, but it something i thought i would put it out there
Coolguywithhat
Somewhat familiar

Postby Krunchlesnitchles » Thu Feb 27, 2020 3:42 pm

Hey is your boobs supposed to grow for every cow girl if so its only working after the first 3
Krunchlesnitchles
Somewhat familiar

Postby No-One » Thu Feb 27, 2020 5:06 pm

Krunchlesnitchles wrote:Hey is your boobs supposed to grow for every cow girl if so its only working after the first 3

It worked for me for each one. There was a significant overall increase after eating the whole herd.
No-One
Participator

Postby Breakthrough » Sat Feb 29, 2020 2:09 am

Love what you have here. Thank you for sharing it.

I am on Linux, and at first the game was crashing whenever I hit "New Game", but replacing icudtl.dat with another one fixed that problem.
Breakthrough
New to the forum

Postby chippy64 » Sat Feb 29, 2020 8:29 pm

quick question goo in box, where are the saves located i because I don't want to reinstall the game to have a fresh start
chippy64
New to the forum

Postby Aresbloodfang » Sat Feb 29, 2020 8:35 pm

chippy64 wrote:quick question goo in box, where are the saves located i because I don't want to reinstall the game to have a fresh start

In the game folder there should be a folder labeled as www in this will be save folder.
Aresbloodfang
Been posting for a bit

Postby GooInABox » Sat Feb 29, 2020 10:14 pm

Aresbloodfang wrote:
chippy64 wrote:quick question goo in box, where are the saves located i because I don't want to reinstall the game to have a fresh start

In the game folder there should be a folder labeled as www in this will be save folder.

Up until the v6_1 version, that was the case. I installed a plugin in that version that should have the save files located elsewhere on your computer as an attempt to fix an issue occurring on non-Windows operating systems. The full folder path is in the changelog notes in the main post.
GooInABox
Participator

Postby chippy64 » Sat Feb 29, 2020 11:43 pm

thank you for helping :D
chippy64
New to the forum

Postby Skullhammer123 » Sun Mar 01, 2020 7:33 am

Awesome game so far! when can we expect the next update?
Skullhammer123
Been posting for a bit

Postby GooInABox » Sun Mar 01, 2020 1:05 pm

Skullhammer123 wrote:Awesome game so far! when can we expect the next update?

Soon™.

To give you a real answer, I won't have access to the game development files for the next week, and once I do regain access I will then be handling IRL stuff which won't leave me with much free time to work on the game. I wish I could give a definitive answer as to when I can finish and release the next update, but even I don't know when that will be.
GooInABox
Participator

Postby kelay2 » Sun Mar 01, 2020 5:27 pm

Any chance for a prey scene with Hiji? I would love a scene where she either eats you subconsciously, or you feed yourself to her, while she sleeps.
kelay2
New to the forum

Postby TinTan » Mon Mar 02, 2020 2:02 pm

There will be prey scene with Lili and scene where mc turn into demi or monster girl?
TinTan
Been posting for a bit

Postby b5n » Fri Mar 06, 2020 12:43 pm

This is one of the best vore game I ever played I really hope you will finish it

It's really excellent I have played it all night

Bravo
b5n
Somewhat familiar

Postby seeker39 » Sat Mar 07, 2020 12:57 am

BEST VORE GAME!!!
I can't believe this game great like this.
All char have their life and story,I couldn't help keep playing.
seeker39
New to the forum

Postby RandomInjury » Sat Mar 07, 2020 5:30 am

Awesome work.
RandomInjury
Participator

Postby Krunchlesnitchles » Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:52 am

Hey how do i get eaten by mriana in the bar how do you lose the bar challenge
Krunchlesnitchles
Somewhat familiar

Postby Ryan-Drakel » Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:42 am

Krunchlesnitchles wrote:Hey how do i get eaten by mriana in the bar how do you lose the bar challenge

Once you win, go up to the room and opt to NOT eat her. She'll give ya the option.
Ryan-Drakel
---

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game