Amalgamation RPG; Chapter 1 Beta (v9.5 Testing version out)

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Amalgamation RPG; Chapter 1 Beta Release

Postby clinkoclinko » Mon Feb 17, 2020 3:31 am

im lovin this so far. its pretty darn polished for this first part and I like all the options the game presents to you. If I could suggest anything is giving the player the choice to choose where the fat goes. it would be nice to have the option between say boobs, butt or belly, but I can understand if that isn't feasible or just not your cup of tea. its pretty great so far either way!
clinkoclinko
New to the forum

Postby Coolguywithhat » Mon Feb 17, 2020 8:56 am

just did a full eating run. using the map in the tent, the crystal said I ate 19 sentient creatures (technically 20 since I did eat the mom and she was pregnant) and 15 non sentient. I check every where and did every thing I could and I think is the max you can get for this chapter (at least for the beta).

I also found a glitch, in the cat tent if you walk left or right from where nona me is in the picture, you can walk on the edges of the tent
Attachments
Capture.PNG
Coolguywithhat
Somewhat familiar

Postby GooInABox » Mon Feb 17, 2020 2:03 pm

clinkoclinko wrote:im lovin this so far. its pretty darn polished for this first part and I like all the options the game presents to you. If I could suggest anything is giving the player the choice to choose where the fat goes. it would be nice to have the option between say boobs, butt or belly, but I can understand if that isn't feasible or just not your cup of tea. its pretty great so far either way!

I'm happy that you're enjoying the game! I mentioned earlier that I probably won't be giving the player control over specific body part growth due to limited time and disk space, but if I somehow find a way to make it quick and easy while also looking presentable, I'll consider adding it.

Coolguywithhat wrote:just did a full eating run. using the map in the tent, the crystal said I ate 19 sentient creatures (technically 20 since I did eat the mom and she was pregnant) and 15 non sentient. I check every where and did every thing I could and I think is the max you can get for this chapter (at least for the beta).

I also found a glitch, in the cat tent if you walk left or right from where nona me is in the picture, you can walk on the edges of the tent

I think you did indeed catch them all. If you filled out all the trophy spots and eat the lost girl, that should be everyone in the current version.
I think I fixed that tent bug in the latest version, but I might be wrong about that. If not, it should definitely be fixed when I upload the next version.
GooInABox
Participator

Postby Ryan-Drakel » Mon Feb 17, 2020 4:11 pm

Dunno what the lost-girl's deal is....

but I'm worried...
I read that there are some prey who can "Possess" the predator.

And the fact she doesn'tappear in the "trophy room" also concerns me immensely.
Ryan-Drakel
---

Postby Slayerhero90 » Fri Feb 21, 2020 12:38 am

Splendid game so far, truly splendid. Does so many things I liked from other games which were bogged down by things I didn't like, and iterates on it all too.

I hope, for the people we have to choose between, we can come back later and snag them in the future. I hate to leave pink-hair an only child, and I'm ever so eager to pounce on the bandit who got away. And I'd love to slurp down that baroness. And her assistant. And the gals at the bar. I am wondering how you plan on dealing with physical expansion with how many people seem to be as-of-yet-inedible-but-not-for-long in the first chapter. I know you plan on doing butt expansion, but is that going to be based on how you take 'em in? I sure know those cowgirls did a number on my bust and I'd love to have the option to put them elsewhere in future runs. Alternatively, maybe you do an alternating slider of some sort--on one end, tits only; on the other, butt only; in the middle, one girl goes one way and the next goes the other.

EDIT:
Having completed a eat-everyone no-soul-spending run, I can safely say that investment into stats isn't at all necessary if you're willing to save up for a full set of iron armor. Wood sounds like an evasive alternative but with iron, half the time, enemies don't even land a hit, and when they do hit, the other half of the time, they deal, at most one damage.

I've done a no-eating run too, other than a couple ticks i didn't feel like retreading. Having party members does help, and I'm hoping Ione can be redeemed through joining the party. She's got that "I'm not going to die yet, I'll still be important" vibe.
Slayerhero90
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Phorcyz19 » Fri Feb 21, 2020 3:21 pm

I can't seem to save on the mac version, trying to causes an "error" sound. The "continue" option is greyed out on the main menu as well, I cannot access the autosaves.
Phorcyz19
Participator

Postby Phorcyz19 » Fri Feb 21, 2020 7:37 pm

In addition to the prior issue, trying to exit the options menu on Mac crashes the game
Phorcyz19
Participator

Postby GooInABox » Sat Feb 22, 2020 9:54 am

Slayerhero90 wrote:I hope, for the people we have to choose between, we can come back later and snag them in the future. I hate to leave pink-hair an only child, and I'm ever so eager to pounce on the bandit who got away. And I'd love to slurp down that baroness. And her assistant. And the gals at the bar. I am wondering how you plan on dealing with physical expansion with how many people seem to be as-of-yet-inedible-but-not-for-long in the first chapter. I know you plan on doing butt expansion, but is that going to be based on how you take 'em in? I sure know those cowgirls did a number on my bust and I'd love to have the option to put them elsewhere in future runs. Alternatively, maybe you do an alternating slider of some sort--on one end, tits only; on the other, butt only; in the middle, one girl goes one way and the next goes the other.

EDIT:
Having completed a eat-everyone no-soul-spending run, I can safely say that investment into stats isn't at all necessary if you're willing to save up for a full set of iron armor. Wood sounds like an evasive alternative but with iron, half the time, enemies don't even land a hit, and when they do hit, the other half of the time, they deal, at most one damage.

I've done a no-eating run too, other than a couple ticks i didn't feel like retreading. Having party members does help, and I'm hoping Ione can be redeemed through joining the party. She's got that "I'm not going to die yet, I'll still be important" vibe.

-I'm planning on adding a few scenes in Chapter 2 for some of the people that the player left behind, along with some other story development to wrap things up between Chapter 1 and 2.
-As for the physical expansion of the player, the player is going to grow automatically in the chest and rear departments simultaneously as they eat with a linear progression of 50 stages from thin to thick. I could theoretically have the player choose where they gain weight, but that would require 10,000 images if I kept the 50 stages, allowed for any combination of breast and butt (ex: stage 21 breast growth and 13 butt growth), and also have the four stomach sizes (huge, large, digesting, flat) for each of the combinations (50 breast growth x 50 butt growth x 4 belly sizes = 10,000). I've thought about trying to cheat my way around and just have a secondary set of images with a set of breasts/belly/butt that can be pasted over the player's picture as needed (predator simulator is a good example of this), but the problem is that my model is 3D and the larger-sized breasts often shift position as the belly grows. For now, I'm going to stick with the 50 stage linear progression and the 200 new images that I will work on at some point in the near future.
-The armor (among other things in the game) needs a rebalance. I'm thinking I either need to reduce the stats of the armor, reduce the amount of armor the player can wear, increase the price of the armor, or maybe all three. Player soul stats also needs a rework to avoid min-maxing on something like attack or defense to become one-punch girl or a walking tank too early on.
-I've got a spot reserved for Ione in Chapter 2 if you spare her. It's not going to be an important role, but her story doesn't end in the jail cell.

Phorcyz19 wrote:I can't seem to save on the mac version, trying to causes an "error" sound. The "continue" option is greyed out on the main menu as well, I cannot access the autosaves.

Phorcyz19 wrote:In addition to the prior issue, trying to exit the options menu on Mac crashes the game

Unfortunately, I don't have a Mac computer available so the amount of troubleshooting I can perform is limited. However, I'm thinking this may be due to some of the save and menu plugins possibly being incompatible with Mac devices. Or it could be something with Mac file permissions. I'm going to deploy a new version of the game (Mac and Windows) in the Mega link with a new plugin that relocates where the game makes the saves (details in this thread: https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.ph ... ers.56229/). Try it out and let me know if it works.
GooInABox
Participator

Postby empatheticapathy » Sat Feb 22, 2020 11:28 am

GooInABox wrote:-I've got a spot reserved for Ione in Chapter 2 if you spare her. It's not going to be an important role, but her story doesn't end in the jail cell.

Hoping she can eat us in that new spot.
empatheticapathy
---

Postby Moo00se7769 » Sat Feb 22, 2020 12:01 pm

Enjoy very very much need more when is next also MAURRR ANAL VOREEEE YOUR GAME DOES IT THE BEST EVEN BETTER THAN MYSTA
Moo00se7769
New to the forum

Postby Zomulgustar » Sun Feb 23, 2020 2:10 am

Love it. Lillith is an awesome companion. Rather have one good companion like that than a bunch that rarely interact. Soul points seem a bit weak, but balance can be worried about later. Looking forward to more!
Zomulgustar
Participator

Postby Slayerhero90 » Sun Feb 23, 2020 4:13 am

One thing of interest to me is a little tidbit I heard from the library and the veteran about how the invaders' weapon caused wounds that don't heal. I also recall you mentioning how you plan on giving our amalgamation the ability to unlock a dick later in the game.

That makes me wonder if, perhaps, you plan on other upgrades, like letting her unlock unbirth digestion from something to do with the Vindas elfs (sorry if I misspelled that), or more relevantly, some, perhaps, magical art that modifies the amalgamation's womb to be able to counteract the curse of their weapons? Such things might be a good way to encourage backtracking to old content to see what your new abilities unlock, advancing plot lines with persons thus wounded, or digesting souls that refused to be eaten but would let themselves get taken in in a way they believed safe.
Slayerhero90
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby nnnddt » Sun Feb 23, 2020 12:05 pm

GooInABox, Hey !
Could we expect to be able to unbirth someone else than the daughter of the chieftain to bring before the chieftain ? A variation of the fight mother/daughter would be possible with the win of the daughter ?
nnnddt
Somewhat familiar

Postby No-One » Sun Feb 23, 2020 1:50 pm

GooInABox wrote:-I'm planning on adding a few scenes in Chapter 2 for some of the people that the player left behind, along with some other story development to wrap things up between Chapter 1 and 2.

Does this include scenes like the dancing Elf in the bar? Right now that game seems setup with the intent of letting us eat her, but the chicken shows up and says the scene isn't complete so we can't get it.

If I were to list the people in chapter one that I most wished to be able to eat in order, it's the pregnant centaur, the harpy in the marketplace, the baroness, whichever member of the red-headed family you didn't eat, the baroness' assistant, and the captain of the guard.

-The armor (among other things in the game) needs a rebalance. I'm thinking I either need to reduce the stats of the armor, reduce the amount of armor the player can wear, increase the price of the armor, or maybe all three. Player soul stats also needs a rework to avoid min-maxing on something like attack or defense to become one-punch girl or a walking tank too early on.

You keep talking about reworking the soul system to make it harder to gain benefits from it, but even as it is it feels like there aren't any real benefits from it. Even if I eat everyone possible in chapter 1 and throw all those points into a single skill, it doesn't feel like that skill has become notably more effective. I agree with rebalancing armor, because armor feels massively more effective than the soul system, but right now the soul system actually feels kind of useless. Making it even less effective, and/or harder to level up makes it seem like you're punishing us for trying to engage with what should be one of the primary systems in the game.
No-One
Participator

Postby Persona59523 » Sun Feb 23, 2020 3:01 pm

No-One wrote:
GooInABox wrote:-The armor (among other things in the game) needs a rebalance. I'm thinking I either need to reduce the stats of the armor, reduce the amount of armor the player can wear, increase the price of the armor, or maybe all three. Player soul stats also needs a rework to avoid min-maxing on something like attack or defense to become one-punch girl or a walking tank too early on.

You keep talking about reworking the soul system to make it harder to gain benefits from it, but even as it is it feels like there aren't any real benefits from it. Even if I eat everyone possible in chapter 1 and throw all those points into a single skill, it doesn't feel like that skill has become notably more effective. I agree with rebalancing armor, because armor feels massively more effective than the soul system, but right now the soul system actually feels kind of useless. Making it even less effective, and/or harder to level up makes it seem like you're punishing us for trying to engage with what should be one of the primary systems in the game.

An idea I like to throw out. The idea that the covelant's own amalgamation have eaten thousands of souls and thus is almost a god. I suggest that instead of a point system for souls, you have a level up system. Every soul that you eaten would add to your strenght, and each level have a different therhold for souls. Level two may need 2 souls, while level five need 15 or twenty. And with each level up, not only would stats increase but depending on what souls you have eaten, you can gain new power. Eating the blacksmith would allow you to create your own armor and weapons if you have the material, eating a alpha does allow you to grow a dick, and eating mages will allow you to learn/ steal their spells. I think that idea can be fleshed out better but in short, there should be leveling up system for the souls and certain skills you can learn by eating certain people or eating enough of.
Persona59523
Participator

Postby Azirovka » Mon Feb 24, 2020 4:52 pm

Does Sasha have some other scene if you give her 30k for the cowgirls ?
Azirovka
Participator

Postby Ryan-Drakel » Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:07 pm

Azirovka wrote:Does Sasha have some other scene if you give her 30k for the cowgirls ?

Wait wait you can freaking do that?!
Ryan-Drakel
---

Postby GooInABox » Mon Feb 24, 2020 9:34 pm

Ryan-Drakel wrote:
Azirovka wrote:Does Sasha have some other scene if you give her 30k for the cowgirls ?

Wait wait you can freaking do that?!

Sasha was one of the first characters I added back when the game was even less balanced than it is now, and the 30k was a pie-in-the-sky number that I came up with at the time. I strongly recommend that you don't try getting that scene (if you can even call it a scene) legitimately (details in the guide). I would remove the scene entirely if ripping it out wouldn't cause a couple of potential bugs due to poor programming on my part.

In short, the scene isn't worth it unless you really want to spare Sasha and eat her herd in the same run.
GooInABox
Participator

Postby Coolguywithhat » Tue Feb 25, 2020 4:03 pm

will there be multiple endings? I know that would be a long ways away, but its worth asking. would it change depending on how many people you eat, who you eat, or just a choose at the end? or would it be one that can happen no matter what you do?
Coolguywithhat
Somewhat familiar

Postby GooInABox » Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:49 pm

Slayerhero90 wrote:One thing of interest to me is a little tidbit I heard from the library and the veteran about how the invaders' weapon caused wounds that don't heal. I also recall you mentioning how you plan on giving our amalgamation the ability to unlock a dick later in the game.

That makes me wonder if, perhaps, you plan on other upgrades, like letting her unlock unbirth digestion from something to do with the Vindas elfs (sorry if I misspelled that), or more relevantly, some, perhaps, magical art that modifies the amalgamation's womb to be able to counteract the curse of their weapons? Such things might be a good way to encourage backtracking to old content to see what your new abilities unlock, advancing plot lines with persons thus wounded, or digesting souls that refused to be eaten but would let themselves get taken in in a way they believed safe.

-I will eventually go into detail as to what exactly is so special about the Xiani's weapons, but aside from preventing wounds from being healed quickly by magic, they block all magic of any kind. The beginning of chapter 2 will show another example of this, but for now I think the Amalgamation's 'cure' for these kinds of injuries is to digest the victim, capture their soul, and perhaps bring them back later in a new body.
-As far as backtracking goes, for the sake of keeping things from spiraling into development chaos I'm going to have most of the story be linear; certain chapters such as 0 and 1 you can move back and forth freely, but once you move from 1 to 2 you won't be able to move back to 1 (I'll have warnings in place so the player knows when they're about to hit the point of no return). This helps keep things simple on my end so that I can focus on content in new areas and not continuously work on old areas every time I add a new feature in a later chapter. Certain NPCs will show up in other locations/chapters, so there may be a chance to nab someone left behind.

nnnddt wrote:GooInABox, Hey !
Could we expect to be able to unbirth someone else than the daughter of the chieftain to bring before the chieftain ? A variation of the fight mother/daughter would be possible with the win of the daughter ?

I'm not quite sure what you're trying to ask here. If you're asking if I can add a scene where the player sides with the daughter and dethrones the Baroness, I may add that in a future chapter if the player originally decides to captures Hiji. As part of the whole "gathering political support" plotline, Baroness Rija (and Hiji if she's alive) will show up outside of Petra with potential for new scenes.

No-One wrote:
GooInABox wrote:-I'm planning on adding a few scenes in Chapter 2 for some of the people that the player left behind, along with some other story development to wrap things up between Chapter 1 and 2.

Does this include scenes like the dancing Elf in the bar? Right now that game seems setup with the intent of letting us eat her, but the chicken shows up and says the scene isn't complete so we can't get it.

If I were to list the people in chapter one that I most wished to be able to eat in order, it's the pregnant centaur, the harpy in the marketplace, the baroness, whichever member of the red-headed family you didn't eat, the baroness' assistant, and the captain of the guard.

The dancing elf is on my to-do list (no pun intended) once I finish adjusting the game window and images. The harpy is also on the list, but all the other characters you listed will have to wait until a later chapter.
I understand that nerfing the soul system isn't the most popular idea, but I feel like I need to do so as if a player goes through a couple chapters and decides to put all their points into defense, then they'll be literally unstoppable for the rest of the game. I have a long road of development ahead of me, so if whatever nerf I put into place isn't working for balance then I can always just adjust or remove it if needed.

Persona59523 wrote:
No-One wrote:
GooInABox wrote:-The armor (among other things in the game) needs a rebalance. I'm thinking I either need to reduce the stats of the armor, reduce the amount of armor the player can wear, increase the price of the armor, or maybe all three. Player soul stats also needs a rework to avoid min-maxing on something like attack or defense to become one-punch girl or a walking tank too early on.

An idea I like to throw out. The idea that the covelant's own amalgamation have eaten thousands of souls and thus is almost a god. I suggest that instead of a point system for souls, you have a level up system. Every soul that you eaten would add to your strenght, and each level have a different therhold for souls. Level two may need 2 souls, while level five need 15 or twenty. And with each level up, not only would stats increase but depending on what souls you have eaten, you can gain new power. Eating the blacksmith would allow you to create your own armor and weapons if you have the material, eating a alpha does allow you to grow a dick, and eating mages will allow you to learn/ steal their spells. I think that idea can be fleshed out better but in short, there should be leveling up system for the souls and certain skills you can learn by eating certain people or eating enough of.

Interesting idea. I may have mentioned this previously, but I was thinking of adding a sort of 'leveling' system to the soul spending screen where it costs increasingly higher numbers of souls to upgrade any one stat to encourage having a well-rounded character (and not just in weight) without entirely discouraging prioritizing a certain stat over others.
I originally had player stats be increased by certain characters rather than letting the player choose what they wanted (Tialha increased luck, Lilith increased Mana, etc.), but I removed that and went with the soul points as I quickly realized it was getting difficult to keep track of and balance all the different stats being randomly thrown around. I may go back and bring back a few of these to important characters such as Lilith so that the player has something a little more substantial than a single soul for losing their one and only main companion.

Coolguywithhat wrote:will there be multiple endings? I know that would be a long ways away, but its worth asking. would it change depending on how many people you eat, who you eat, or just a choose at the end? or would it be one that can happen no matter what you do?

I keep on thinking of how the ending is going to be implemented even though I'm probably about a decade away from reaching the final chapter. I have a general idea of what the player is going to face and I'm developing the rest of the story around that, but the finer details are still in flux. To answer your question, there will be multiple endings, but it may not be dependent on how many people you eat.
To use the ending of Mass Effect 3 for reference (I know people disliked that ending, but it's still a good reference), the player will have several choices be given to them once they beat the final boss of the game. However, depending on the events of the game, some of these choices may play out differently. For example, the player might have to make the choice between their own continued existence and the existence of everyone they consumed, but there may be a way for the Amalgamation to survive too if she figures out some certain knowledge along their journey. This is of course assuming the player reaches that decision; maybe they decide to let the Coven continue their work or even pick up where they left off.
Speaking of the ending of Mass Effect 3, I feel as if a lot of people hated it because it didn't give the finer details as to the fate of the galaxy and all the people that we spent 3 games exploring and fighting. Depending on the ending (specifically, the one where the Coven is defeated), I may have a credits scenes showing the fate of most of the people that the Amalgamation interacted with, which may change or even be absent depending on the player's actions and if they are still alive.
Again, all of the finer details are still in flux. I may decide to radically change the intended ending(s) halfway through development, and everything I said above will then be a moot point. I guess we both have to see how things turn out.

As for everyone who has been patiently waiting for the next update, I unfortunately haven't been able to work on the game recently as I've been swamped in IRL responsibilities which have to come first. I'm still sticking to the development plan of adjusting the pictures and window size first before moving onto real content updates (which will involve a certain harpy to start off with), and I'll let everyone know what my progress is when I have progress to share. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
GooInABox
Participator

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game