GtCraft (A Minecraft Gt Mod): A Sign of Life

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

GtCraft (A Minecraft Gt Mod): A Sign of Life

Postby GrinningSinning » Sun Feb 02, 2020 3:11 am

Hello everyone, my name is Zack, as I'm sure you can tell. Yes, I do know it's not spelled correctly, it's intentional. I'm a long-time lurker (with a few exceptions to asking questions, or something), and I ask that you please forgive me with any formatting problems on this post, as I'm not too familiar with it. I intend to edit this once I actually figure out how to make it look at least mediocre. Oh, it's probably worth mentioning that I do have some experience with coding, and have made a few decent demo games in order to secure my current job, which is a programmer.

ALSO, I have noticed another mod just recently starting to take shape that's a vore mod, and I AM NOT trying to "upstage" them or anything like that at all. I think the work they're doing on it is very impressive, and I wish them all the luck in the world in their future works. That being said, you could argue that I'm stealing the idea, if you'd like. I feel like I just got inspired by them, but knowing that this is the internet, that argument is likely going to be thrown out the window.

Anyway, I should start off by saying that this is ONLY to gauge interest/preferences. This is going to be my first time modding Minecraft, and for all I know, I could lose all motivation tomorrow and nothing will come of this. Sorry if I'm getting anybody's hopes up with this, or if this is too ambitious, but I've been mulling the idea in my head for a while and I figured that if I was going to start on it I'd like to take other people's feelings into consideration first. Again, very important: THIS IS IN A CONCEPT STAGE, which means I have nothing to show for it.
So, the meat and potatoes: What will this mod actually be? Well, there are a few ideas I got. I would also like to note that I assume that a Minecraft character is about 6 feet tall by default, and that's about equal to about two blocks. One block = 3 feet.

• The ability to become BIG. Whether it be from drinking a potion, or some sort of new item, you would be able to change your height (and corresponding width) by certain block increments.
  • Depending on the size, mobs will die when you "step" on them. For example, if you were 6 or so blocks tall, you would be able to step on a chicken (by occupying the same block) and kill it, but not a creeper. Likewise, if you were, say, 10 blocks tall, you could kill that creeper. Also important to note that these values are not final, just some general ideas.
  • Depending on size, create "dents" in the world. An example would be if you were, about 15 blocks tall, every step you take would "shave off" a 5x5 block hole corresponding to your step.
  • Depending on your height, have your first-person camera change to that height.
  • Ability to look down and see yourself, and how tall you are.
  • Ability to eat mobs depending on your size. Personally, I prefer same-size vore, but I do think that it would be more fun(?) if you could eat chickens at 6 blocks tall, creepers at 10 blocks, etc.
  • Tying into that previous point, get different benefits or detriments if you eat certain mobs. Swallowing a cow would probably the safest bet for hunger, considering how large they are. Shoving that zombie down your throat might have helped out in a pinch, but maybe there's a small chance of getting sick. The main idea I brought this up for, though, is that if you swallow a creeper, there's a chance the explosion will (in addition to a half-heart of damage) give you "indigestion", which leads into my next idea.
  • The "indigestion" status effect. Eat too much? Maybe eat something you shouldn't have, like a blaze? This status effect would not allow you to sprint, and give you some sort of other detriment, like being unable to eat anything else for the duration.
  • Sounds! Maybe some stomping sounds? Perhaps some grumbles in your tum?
  • Your idea here!

The numbers in the examples are all subject to change, please let me know what you think of them though!

I'm sure you noticed that list bullet on the list (if I did it correctly), and yes! If you have an idea or suggestion you have that you'd like to shoot, shoot me a pm or leave a comment! I'm not going to say "No, that's a terrible idea, you should feel bad." I might go something like "I've considered that, but unfortunately..." Or "Personally, I don't think it fits too well with the mod, I'm going to have to leave that out." Or, if you're smarter than me (it's not hard to do, trust me), I'll like the idea, and I'll add it to the list! Also, do not be discouraged if I decline it! There's the possibility I work on another mod similar to this, or even add to it once it (hypothetically) reaches version 1.0!

This brings me to the reason I actually made this post, to gauge your thoughts! First, I'd like to ask your opinion on each of these ideas. Do you like them? Do you have anything to add to them? For example, do you think that creepers should be unable to be eaten due to them exploding in your hand? Please let me know your thoughts!

If anyone happens to have experience with Minecraft modding, please let me know if any of these ideas or way too much work for the reward. Hell, let me know if they're even possible. For all I know, altering the camera's height could be impossible.

Again, this is all hypothetical. I know that this is very ambitious, but it's something I want to at least try. Please do not go into this expecting me to finish this. It'll take a hell of a lot of free time, and I consider myself relatively busy (I mean not really, but it makes me feel better if I don't work on it for a bit).

I've probably taken up way too much of your time reading this, and I don't even know if anything will come of it. In conclusion, please let me know your thoughts, and please do not go into this with high expectations.

Thank you for reading.
Last edited by GrinningSinning on Sun Feb 09, 2020 3:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
GrinningSinning
New to the forum

Re: Taking Suggestions for (Possible) Minecraft Gt/Vore Mod

Postby MysticSummoner » Sun Feb 02, 2020 5:20 pm

This is a really cool idea that will probably be difficult to make, and I really hope the best of luck to you!
MysticSummoner
Somewhat familiar

Postby GrinningSinning » Sun Feb 02, 2020 9:06 pm

MysticSummoner wrote:This is a really cool idea that will probably be difficult to make, and I really hope the best of luck to you!

Thank you! I wish the best of luck to you, as well!
GrinningSinning
New to the forum

Postby Turbotowns » Mon Feb 03, 2020 3:01 am

Erm... Isn't Zack SUPPOSED to be spelled this way? I've always seen it spelled like this. Like in Fusion Frenzy or the Suite life of Zack and Cody.
Turbotowns
???

Postby GrinningSinning » Mon Feb 03, 2020 4:07 am

Turbotowns wrote:Erm... Isn't Zack SUPPOSED to be spelled this way? I've always seen it spelled like this. Like in Fusion Frenzy or the Suite life of Zack and Cody.

Well, in regards to the name itself, I think it’s more common to spell it “Zach”, but I don’t really mind either way. I was referring to the part of my username that is not spelled properly. “Zackatack98” Notice it only has one T in attack. Anyway, you certainly gave me a blast from the past, I haven’t heard of fusion frenzy in years (before you ask, yes, I did play as Zack). Thank you for commenting!
GrinningSinning
New to the forum

Postby Turbotowns » Tue Feb 04, 2020 1:10 am

Zackatack98 wrote:
Turbotowns wrote:Erm... Isn't Zack SUPPOSED to be spelled this way? I've always seen it spelled like this. Like in Fusion Frenzy or the Suite life of Zack and Cody.

Well, in regards to the name itself, I think it’s more common to spell it “Zach”, but I don’t really mind either way. I was referring to the part of my username that is not spelled properly. “Zackatack98” Notice it only has one T in attack. Anyway, you certainly gave me a blast from the past, I haven’t heard of fusion frenzy in years (before you ask, yes, I did play as Zack). Thank you for commenting!

No prob! I liked to play as Zack too, while my brother played as Samson, but eventually, due to my favorite color becoming green, and my skill with the music mingames, I changed my main to Dub(Though I liked to play as Jet too, sometimes).

Meanwhile, I really hope something comes out of this! I loved the giantess mod for skyrim, and this sounds similar.
Turbotowns
???

Postby GrinningSinning » Sun Feb 09, 2020 3:47 am

Hello again, everybody! I apologize for bumping this up for almost no reason, but I figure I may as well show some signs of life. Of course, this is nothing too fancy as of now, but progress is progress. Also, I renamed my project to GtCraft!
Changing the player's size, as I expected, is quite the hurdle. I have a few different issues with implementing it, but I have decided on a few other things, which I'll bring to you now.
https://imgshare.io/image/KoS5d

(I couldn't get the image tag to work, and it's way too late in the night for me to fix it, so I apologize for just the link, please bear with it.)
Anyway, you may be confused as to what that image is actually of. Well, I decided that I wanted the mod to be as survival-friendly as possible. To do so, I created a new ore called Sizium. I know, my creative genius knows no bounds. This new ore can be found at a slightly lower height than you can find iron at, so I'd say it's only slightly rarer than iron. If you find a cave, you should have no problem locating plenty.

This ore will drop a new type of item called Size Dust. You may ask yourself: "That's cool and all, but what does Size Dust do?" An excellent question. Size Dust, when sandwiched between an iron ingot on top and bread on the bottom creates an Iron Size Cake, a new food item. I intend to do the same with gold and diamond, as well.

That's great and all, but here comes the actual gt part. So, I have decided that the Iron Size Cake will raise your height to 8 blocks, or 4x the size of a normal player. Gold cupcakes, once implemented, will make you 16 blocks high, or 8x the height of a normal player. Of course, diamond size cakes will make you raise to a staggering 32 blocks, or 16x the height of the base player. The reason I went with these sizes in the end is because A: It would be a lot easier to implement than custom sizes, but also I asked myself: "What is the ideal size for a giant?" I found the answer by actually my friend irl who happens to be into this sorta thing (I'm still in disbelief that I managed to find someone who's into this, but things happen, I suppose). Anyway, it just so happens that he prefers the size where a footstep could level a town, and I know a few people like the idea that a foot could smother the entire body. That left me with one more size I wanted to put in, and my options were either 64 blocks high, which is a little too tall for my taste, or 8 blocks high, a much more manageable number. As you can see, I went with eight blocks.

To put that into perspective, here is a small pixel height comparison thingy. The green is supposed to be the character's head.
https://imgshare.io/image/KobXf

Like I said, this is only a sorta "proof of life" type deal, as I still haven't gotten to the meat and potatoes, so to speak. I have been having a bit of difficulty getting the effect to be on the cupcake itself. I know I can just link a potion's effect to the food item, but changing the player's height is quite the ordeal. Speaking of, though, question of anyone: Do you think the effect should be on a timer, or only until you drink milk? Or should there be a separate item to get back to normal size?

Thank you again for checking out this post, and sorry for bumping it for little-to-no reason.
GrinningSinning
New to the forum

Re: GtCraft (A Minecraft Gt Mod): A Sign of Life

Postby CatTroyTheStranger » Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:23 am

Just as an idea what you make mobs capable of using it, giving them the ability?
CatTroyTheStranger
Been posting for a bit

Postby Meozlord » Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:52 am

This sounds amazing, if someone is able to create this it would be so cool.
Meozlord
New to the forum

Postby Turbotowns » Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:54 pm

Cupcakes that make you giant? Reminds me of a little League of Legends fan-animation where Ahri eats an enchanted cupcake, grows, then eats everyone and everything, and, of course, eventually, the world(rough synopsis). Is it on here? I found it on e621. It's called "shortcake".
Turbotowns
???

Return to Vore game